Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To my fellow Shellheads. Tony was in The Sentry #2 and he is on the cover and will be in The Sentry #3. Just a heads up.
    Eh. I never read books where Iron Man is a guest, because they always write him horribly. If I hear that this is an exception I'll pick it up, but I'm not picking it up before I get multiple reviews telling me that Tony was written well.

I haven't read issue #3 yet, but I guess now that they will wait until next issue.
    Have you read it yet Tony? I am awaiting your recap/review!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Default Ironman's Reach

It's interesting that Iron Man often fights Fantastic Four villains. Doom, Namor, Red Ghost, Blastaar. Possibly because Tony and Reed are both variations on the heroic mad scientist archetype.

To my fellow Shellheads. Tony was in The Sentry #2 and he is on the cover and will be in The Sentry #3. Just a heads up.
    He's also in the latest School's Out Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    He's also in the latest School's Out Spider-man.
    Is he doing a cameo or is he in it quite a bit?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Is he doing a cameo or is he in it quite a bit?
    He's in that one quite a bit.

But he's mentioned throughout the other issues (and may have a cameo in the first or second one, I can't remember which one). And someone impersonating him in the one before this last one. So there's some backstory there. It's kind of a series for younger people, I think.

Basically Peter is at a Stark science camp for the summer.

Curiosity Fan art of Fan art

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love this picture. Very cool. Tony is like the J-man at the last supper. M'Baku eating his outside food and staring at the artist is awesome.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh. I never read books where Iron Man is a guest, because they always write him horribly. If I hear that this is an exception I'll pick it up, but I'm not picking it up before I get multiple reviews telling me that Tony was written well.
    He was in issue #2 and he was in character. It's about Tony helping Bob with his situation. Tony tried helping him out before and he's doing the same thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Not that is EPIC!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    He's in that one quite a bit.

But he's mentioned throughout the other issues (and may have a cameo in the first or second one, I can't remember which one). And someone impersonating him in the one before this last one. So there's some backstory there. It's kind of a series for younger people, I think.

Basically Peter is at a Stark science camp for the summer.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll track them down.

Still waiting on your thoughts regarding issue #3 Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Still waiting on your thoughts regarding issue #3 Tony Stark.
    I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet, but I will let you know my thoughts after I do.

I have been thinking lately about getting into Iron Man. I have never been very interested in the character outside of the Avengers but lately I have been curious in diving more into his history and the character himself.

Would you guys recommend starting with his 1960's run if you are a person who like to read start to finish or do you feel that it would deter you from reading further?

The reason why I ask is because with some earlier runs if you start at the beginning you may not get to the good stuff. An example would probably be the X-Men.....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

iMan 42s

From my experience, you should start in a place that feels comfortable. The thing is that writers can be inconsistent or approach the character in different ways. The mainstream versions are always a little complicated given it's a continuously ongoing title. But dropping into something with a clear beginning, middle, and end, is always a better way to start if you want to jump around since omnibus titles can be expensive and given the franchise age, it's harder and harder to find older issues.

I would also say that in this case if you want predominantly Tony Stark not to pick up the Bendis run as post-Civil War 2, Riri Williams takes over the book. I'm also reluctant to recommend Infamous Iron man in this case as while it's Iron man history, it's also probably not the kind of thing you're looking for and is all things considered far removed from how a typical Iron man book is framed.

If you can find a good price on a collection then I'd say go for it, but it's also easy to jump around to reprinted runs.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.