Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayls_171 View Post
    Loving this series so far. Rhodes and Tony both struggling with aspects of coming back to life has been pretty interesting so far. Jocasta and Machine Man have both had interesting roles. There's a lot to like imo
    Always glad to hear when someone is enjoying Iron Man. Welcome to the Tony Stark/Iron Man Appreciation Thread.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

In regards to Punisher #1 and Mandarin:

spoilers:
    It was incredibly lame to bring him back without explanation and then proceed to kill him off again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mark the Git View Post
    In regards to Punisher #1 and Mandarin:

spoilers:
    It was incredibly lame to bring him back without explanation and then proceed to kill him off again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's possible it's a ruse
    end of spoilers

wouldn't be the first time that he's come back from that. cool seeing him take a different approach to villainy. and I like the alliance with Zemo and Agger. they are 3 villains that I like.

iMan 42s

So I couldn't help but notice the debate about the Mandarin in the Punisher thread and I'll say this; if he is going to get killed off again, don't bother. One of the big things about the Mandarin is his rings so if you're going to bring the Mandarin back, do so with his rings. It's lame to bring him back and kill him off considering he is such a big name and that he'd be killed like any other super-villain who happens to know martial arts. Especially with what appears to be in only 1 issue.

It's a pet-peeve of mine because it only serves to make the hero look good without the appropriate build up. The guy was already dead anyways so he is only going right back where you found him, except now he is book ended by a death that only served to make Frank Castle look good by comparison. And from what I here there was no explanation for how he was even living again.

Regardless of how it's handled, it's just lame to use a big name as a jobber for someone who can keep up with an Avenger.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So I couldn't help but notice the debate about the Mandarin in the Punisher thread and I'll say this; if he is going to get killed off again, don't bother. One of the big things about the Mandarin is his rings so if you're going to bring the Mandarin back, do so with his rings. It's lame to bring him back and kill him off considering he is such a big name and that he'd be killed like any other super-villain who happens to know martial arts. Especially with what appears to be in only 1 issue.

It's a pet-peeve of mine because it only serves to make the hero look good without the appropriate build up. The guy was already dead anyways so he is only going right back where you found him, except now he is book ended by a death that only served to make Frank Castle look good by comparison. And from what I here there was no explanation for how he was even living again.

Regardless of how it's handled, it's just lame to use a big name as a jobber for someone who can keep up with an Avenger.
    Eh, I'd be fine if they brought him back via some means unrelated to the rings. Like one of his followers steals the technology that Stark used to resurrect himself and Rhodey, and uses it to resurrect The Mandarin. Actually, I think that would be way cooler than using the rings.

But yeah, The Mandarin isn't someone who gets casually ganked by Punisher. Remember in the Knaufs run when those guys tried to shoot him, and he dodged all their bullets and kung fued them into mutilated gore?

I think he knows Tony from The Avengers first go around and he might have kept a close eye on Stark. Knowing he would have to come to earth to go against Stark again.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

https://www.newsarama.com/41524-next...ly-coming.html

wow I'm actually crying irl, can one thing go right

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/41524-next...ly-coming.html

wow I'm actually crying irl, can one thing go right
    Damn. It's been hard to wait just a month. I know these things happen, but it's still upsetting.

Friggin Fantastic Four stealing half of Slott's efforts.

iMan 42s

So why the release date change?
    Comics are generally written a few months in advance to avoid situations like this. Sure we are up to 3 issues which fits the general time slots, but Iron man has been monthly. We are currently looking at 4 months worth of comics getting rescheduled, so what happened?

Is Fantastic Four being affected by a delay or is this strictly Iron man? I can't think of anything else Dan Slott is currently working on so whats happening?

The only thing I can think of is that since IronHeart launches in November it might be to line up better with what is going on in that book if the then current arc is not much larger than 2 parts. Seeing as Riri last time was sales poison, maybe Marvel is trying to set things up to give her a push in Iron man again to help gain traction. But if that was the case you would think somebody would've told Dan Slott so he can plan an arc around it or maybe delay the launch so it lines up better. But that is also assuming we are gaining two to three months worth of Riri Williams and considering hard to accept "rocker mom" and nobody is really able to let the last two years of Iron man go, this is probably (hopefully) unlikely and Slott just needs a break.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

I wouldn't expect Fantastic Four to be responsible for this seeing as Dan Slott has tackled things like weekly comics in the past in-addition to other titles. And even then, Fantastic Four is also monthly. At the very least he has scripted two issues whereas he should already be far enough along in planning up to issue 6/7 we shouldn't have a problem over in Iron man.

I would genuinely be surprised if Fantastic Four #1 was what caused a delay like that, I really would be.

Fantastic Member

I'm thinking its more to do with the artist than Slott (though Dan might say its him and take one for the team)

Slott is normally the reason his books are delayed. Not shocking it's happening again.

This happened with Silver Surfer getting pushed back in favor of Spider Man.

At least we'll get a double dose of Janet in October.