Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

This is what happens when you try to shoot The Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This is what happens when you try to shoot The Mandarin.

Amazing story. I was rereading this trade just last night. I will be getting The Punisher #1 Saturday. So I will get to see first hand what went down.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-23-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

That does make some sense when you consider he does go hand to hand with Iron man whom we know moves at higher speeds in armor.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So I will get to see first hand what went down.
    There's not much to see from an Iron Man and related characters perspective. The greatest martial artist on the planet stands there like a derp as a bullet comes at him.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    That does make some sense when you consider he does go hand to hand with Iron man whom we know moves at higher speeds in armor.
    Agreed 100%. He does it pretty much everytime they've fought.

There's not much to see from an Iron Man and related characters perspective. The greatest martial artist on the planet stands there like a derp as a bullet comes at him.
    That does sound pretty throwed off. Frank is my second favorite character of all time, but this sounds pretty wild to say the least.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Slott is normally the reason his books are delayed. Not shocking it's happening again.

This happened with Silver Surfer getting pushed back in favor of Spider Man.

At least we'll get a double dose of Janet in October.
    Triple dose. She'll be in Unstoppable Wasp #1 on the same week as Iron Man #5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

[img][/img]

[img]http[/img]
    glad that you posted this. I couldn't remember which comic had the speed display. I associate it more with his son Temugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Agreed 100%. He does it pretty much everytime they've fought.

That does sound pretty throwed off. Frank is my second favorite character of all time, but this sounds pretty wild to say the least.
    it was odd to see Mandarin and tony interact without fighting. for being archenemies, they don't have much of a link. it might be time for Mandarin to branch out. hoping that he reveals that his death was a ruse in the next issue. I like the connection to Bagallia.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hoping that he reveals that his death was a ruse in the next issue. I like the connection to Bagallia.
    It has to be a ruse. The Mandarin is fast, skilled, and savage. That slow, passive, I'm-lost-if-my-rings-can't-block-stuff creature was not The Mandarin.

iMan 42s

So I just got around to reading issue 3 and it wasn't a bad read.

I do take a bit of issues with it in that Machine Man's "appropriating muh culture" thing felt a bit out there. Also kind of strange in that the comic has really yet to address robot rights at all so I have no idea what any of this means. Because at the end of the day, nothing Stark is doing here feels different enough than what he was already doing. Here he is just stating the obvious. And a nitpick, albeit a small one, is why Aaron Stack didn't notice that Bethany's hand was on him and not a robot one. Sure image inducer, but Bethany noticed immediately when she smacked Jocasta in the prior issue. So how the Hel did Aaron not notice that. It's especially weird considering the design Bethany is disguised as. An Iron man like hand is kind of distinct compared to a real fleshy one. This may get corrected for the trade but you'd think Aaron would've noticed.

Other than that I think pairing Tony's mom up with Andy finally gave her something to do. I kind of like their interactions and it's kind of funny to see them as the straight-man to Tony's weirdness. It's a nice contrast and illustrate just how weird all of this is. It may not be original, but his mom here does help to give Tony a bit more personality and make the weirdness of Tony's shenanigans have more weight. I hope this continues on-wards since I'm actually warming up to this now that she has a more defined role in the franchise.

However overall I'd give the issue a B-.
    It does a lot right and is for the most part a done in one book with an asking price that feels right. However as a single issue it has enough weird in it to force me to drop the score.
    #1:A-
    #2:C-
    #3:B-

It feels kind of weird to me that Dan's work tends to come up just short. But overall he's doing much better for the title overall than what Bendis could do in 2+ years on the main book. I'm actually curious about what my overall score is going to be once we reach issue 6. I'd love to recommend an Iron man book that isn't a Doctor Doom solo for once.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it was odd to see Mandarin and tony interact without fighting. for being archenemies, they don't have much of a link. it might be time for Mandarin to branch out. hoping that he reveals that his death was a ruse in the next issue. I like the connection to Bagallia.
    I know. I am looking forward to the conversation between Tony and The Mandarin. I really don't see how The Mandarin couldn't dodge that bullet though. I will comment more about it after I read it.

Here's my head-canon: Punisher shoots at The Mandarin, Mandarin dodges the bullet with a smirk, creates a bunch of illusions of himself, and runs into brawling range while Punisher frantically shoots at the illusions. The Mandarin reaches Punisher, and then karate-chop, Punishers gun is shattered, karate-chop, Punisher's arm is chopped off, and karate-chop, Punisher is decapitated. The scene in the book is Punisher's dying fantasy as the blood leaves his brain and his head is tumbling through the air.

I got a read it today and I loved what Tony told the Mandarin he would do to him if the Mandarin tried anything. Also it really just looks like Mandarin just stood there and took the bullet. He could have moved out of the way.

I read Avengers #6 and Tony's GodKiller II armor was kicking some Celestial ass. They chopped an arm off, but it did last a for a very long time. How many armors can go toe to toe with gods!?!?!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-26-2018 at 01:20 AM.