Page 32 of 138 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Maybe i am pushing this thing but imo i think this two panels of like DOW #4 were my best moments on DOW ... It just that people may have not noticed it yet but this is how Logan's most notable views should be defined ........

Attachment 70650

When Dr Cornelius asked Logan that what did Logan ever do but killing people in his life then Logan started to remember moments of his life which made him realize that he had lived a life with satisfaction therefore he said "enough". I mean naturally heroes and their supporting characters dies on their arms but Logan died as a loner in the end but in a best way possible ............

Attachment 70652
    Good choice biswaboxz! This page with all of Logan's memories and him saying "enough" was really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Those last pages are really beautiful. Especially the scenes in the sunset, if you remember that Logan told Kitty in their last conversation, that he was tired and was tempted to see a sunset one last time and kill himself.

In the same conversation Logan said that if he would come out alive he just wanted to disappear and just wanted to live out his live at a nice place. Retire so to speak. Ch. Soule mentioned in an interview that if the reader had read DoW, the decisions Logan makes in RoW become more intersting.

source: https://www.cbr.com/return-of-wolver...w-hot-claws/2/
    In addition:
    This link was posted a wile back. It is a toy which will be released Nov. 2018-Jan.2019
    https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-logan. I did not payed much attention to the description until that interview of Soule.
    I think the description may be a bit spoilery. I do not know how close Marvel cooperates with the company, but this in connection with Ch. Soule's interview may hint to the direction Marvel could give an new ongoing, if they want to make Wolverine the name of an antihero again.
    spoilers:
    Born James Howlett, Logan was one of the most prolific X-Men before his tenure as Wolverine came to an end. Now in search of a quieter life, Logan must face the limited nature of his regenerative abilities while also coming to the aid of those who need his help.
    end of spoilers
    Well, it never last long for Logan, but sill....!

What do you guys think?

But the main reason for my posting is:
    I got two episodes of Wolverine: The Long Night on free podcast today. It is really great!
    Thats how you build up a mystery!lol!!
    spoilers:
    It focus on two agents investigating a savage murder on a fisher ship's crew. Logan does not appear in person in this two episodes, but there is a lot of talk (or flashbacks) as they talk to their witnesses about him, hence he is the main subject. It jumps repeatedly back in time and back to the present as the agents reports their investigation in flashbacks, so it is far from boring.
    You will hear Richard Armitage as Wolverine in the end of episode 2 as the agents find a letter written by Logan. His voice is a perfect fit for Logan!!
    end of spoilers
    I do not want to spoil anything further, just check it out!!

OML #47 was ok, a nice transition issue leading into the last arc! Love OMLogan and Puck together!!
    I remember this toy description and all these pictures, at the time it really reminded me of the Logan we saw during "Where is Wolverine?" (the one with the firecamp especially). But honestly if that's his new statu quo that would be great, I wouldn't be against Logan leaving the X-Men for a while and just be on his own.

By the way, I just listened to the first two episodes of the Long Night too and I have to agree with you it's really great especially the voice acting. And holy moly when I heard Logan's voice for the first time that was amazing, and that letter at the end of episode 2 was heartbreaking (fantastic job by Richard Armitage) and it really showed how scary Weapon X is and much they destroyed Logan's mind.

Also nice Old Man Logan easter egg with:

spoilers:
    Maureen
    end of spoilers

All in all I'm really impressed and I can't wait for the next episode!!!!!!

Old Man Logan 47 was average, not great but not bad either. At least Brisson linked Days of Anger, this arc and the next one with

spoilers:
    Puck telling Logan he finaly found the Maestro
    end of spoilers

But yeah in the end, this short arc while enjoyable especially with the team up with Alpha Flight and Logan interactions with Puck was just here to buy time until the last arc with the Maestro.

Lol! In infinity wars #3 they merge Wolverine with Emma Frost lol!!
    https://www.cbr.com/infinity-wars-in...rp-emma-frost/

[img]
    https://static1.cbrimages.com/wp-con...h=552&fit=crop[/img]
    Ah that's amazing lol. I wonder who is his arch nemesis, maybe a mashup between Sabretooth and Jean: Victoria Grey incoming lol.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Hello, new family!

*waves diamond claws*

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    Maybe we should merge Logan's and Emma's threads while we're at it
    Too much awesome for one thread to handle, the world isn't ready for that yet

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You shouldn't understimate the power of best chef in all Japan .

Thanks for the info, that actually sounds amazing lol. (Yo be honest the reason of why i have some problems with Aaron's take is that he can go a bit too far in the wish fullfilment aspects of the characther that it sort of feels like a parody, i prefer a more balanced take.... that being said if sounds kind of cooń).

Damn that sounds horrible, for another side it could lead to an interesting dynamic between Logan and Kitty.

That page was great for sure, and yeah without McNive this series would have been kind of meh, poor Cyber resurrected off screen from this mini just to be killed again by Ogun... off screen too lol and lets no start with Cornelius.

Thanks those variants are great, i'm partial toward the one with Pacth and of course the Todd Nauck barbecue, Wolverine showing us why he is the best in what he does
    Yeah sometimes Aaron can go a little too far with Logan, I mean when you think about it, almost everything people love about Wolverine was present in that scene, the only thing missing was just Logan holding a Katana!

You know what's funny? Cyber was again brought back to life in the recent Scarlet Spider serie lol.

I have to admit the Patch variant is great and of course the Todd Nauck is one is the best!
    Last edited by Hush; 09-13-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Ah that's amazing lol. I wonder who is his arch nemesis, maybe a mashup between Sabretooth and Jean: Victoria Grey incoming lol.
    I believe Sabretooth is mashup with Magik. Also, Doop got mashup, too, lol. With Deadpool!

I'm glad he's back (sort of) in Infinity again, mainly because he got kicked out. (Well, more like switched)

Astonishing Member

Healing factor
    Diamond Skeleton and claws (perhaps he can switch from bone to skeleton)
    Perhaps immunity to telepathy
    Can read the minds of those he stab, although perhaps he can do it normally but doesn't because "where is the fun in that"

good power set

Yeah sometimes Aaron can go a little too far with Logan, I mean when you think about it, almost everything people love about Wolverine was present in that scene, the only thing missing was just Logan holding a Katana lol.

You know what's funny? Cyber was again brought back to life in the recent Scarlet Spider serie lol.

I have to admit the Patch variant is great and of course the Todd Nauck one is the best lol.
    Lol, seriously?, maybe died and come back is his new superpower (considering how he came back in Origins, it wouldn't be that weird to be honest), hopefully he won't be killed again off screen

I finally read OML #47, nice done-in-two storyarc, nothing groundbreaking but entertaining enought, Puck and Logan interactions were definitely the highlight of the issue
    but it's clear that it was mostly filler, a decent one but filler notheless.

Also i listened the two Podcast episodes of Wolverine: The Long Night, it was great the voice acting is definitely the highlight of the series, Logan by Richard Armitage did a great job in getting Wolverine's personality right and of course the set up for the mystery is great, is probably the best thing that Percy has written recently (hopefully the rest is great because his comic book work in TT and Green Arrow is really uneven), also throwing a personal theory here, i think that Wendigo is going to be involved.

The way that this story is told vaguely reminds me to Rucka's run in the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I believe Sabretooth is mashup with Magik. Also, Doop got mashup, too, lol. With Deadpool!

I'm glad he's back (sort of) in Infinity again, mainly because he got kicked out. (Well, more like switched)
    Damn I'm disappointed, we have to find a new mash-up to put against Logan Frost! Thanks for the info, I just saw the picture of Doopool on Bleedingcool and it's amazing, his face and Loki's reactions are cracking me up. For people who want to see him, witness the mighty Doopool:

Also I like this running gag that each time Loki sees Logan, he's getting stabbed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Healing factor
    Diamond Skeleton and claws (perhaps he can switch from bone to skeleton)
    Perhaps immunity to telepathy
    Can read the minds of those he stab, although perhaps he can do it normally but doesn't because "where is the fun in that"

good power set
    He's really powerful right now

Lol, seriously?, maybe died and come back is his new superpower (considering how he came back in Origins, it wouldn't be that weird to be honest), hopefully he won't be killed again off screen
    Yeah he's the new Hornet:

I have to admit that's a really strange development lol.

I finally read OML #47, nice done-in-two storyarc, nothing groundbreaking but entertaining enought, Puck and Logan interactions were definitely the highlight of the issue
    but it's clear that it was mostly filler, a decent one but filler notheless.

Also i listened the two Podcast episodes of Wolverine: The Long Night, it was great the voice acting is definitely the highlight of the series, Logan by Richard Armitage did a great job in getting Wolverine's personality right and of course the set up for the mystery is great, is probably the best thing that Percy has written recently (hopefully the rest is great because his comic book work in TT and Green Arrow is really uneven), also throwing a personal theory here, i think that Wendigo is going to be involved.

The way that this story is told vaguely reminds me to Rucka's run in the early 2000s.
    I have to agree about Percy, I hope he can maintain a good level of quality through all the Long Night podcast but after his disappointing run on Nightwing I'm a little worried. I think either the wendigo or somekind of a cult kidnapping people.

You're right it also reminds me of the Rucka run especially the Brotherhood arc but also of the beginning of Bruce Jones run on Hulk. Good mix of mystery and as of now they really managed to convey this sense of "urban legend" about Wolverine and the Weapon X program.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-13-2018 at 02:45 AM.

Damn I'm disappointed, we have to find a new mash-up to put against Logan Frost! Thanks for the info, I just saw the picture of Doopool on Bleedingcool and it's amazing, his face and Loki's reactions are cracking me up. For people who want to see him, witness the mighty

Also I like this running gag that each time Loki sees Logan, he's getting stabbed lol.

He's really powerful right now

Yeah he's the new Hornet:

I have to admit that's a really strange development lol.

I have to agree about Percy, I hope he can maintain a good level of quality through all the Long Night podcast but after his disappointing run on Nightwing I'm a little worried. I think either the wendigo or somekind of a cult kidnapping people.

You're right it also reminds me of the Rucka run especially the Brotherhood arc but also of the beginning of Bruce Jones run on Hulk. Good mix of mystery and as of now they really managed to convey this sense of "urban legend" about Wolverine and the Weapon X program.
    Lol, the way that Logan stabbed Loki in the Prime one-**** was the best for me "juwt making sure" (Wolverine the firs troll!!!!).

Well, i give PAD this he is man with an open mind, i had wanted to read this series, but Clone Conspiracy left such a bad taste in my mouth that is difficult for me to accept this guy as Ben Reilly.

Haven't read it, but is clear that Nightwing fans (at least in this forums), especially the whole "i don't like technology angle" lol, sadly Dick has been without a direction for some time sadly, hopefully Scott Lodbell can do something good for him. A cult is definetly involved, but the way that they talk about the killinga... sounds a lot like Wendigo.

That's exactly what i thougth, i always like when writers give Wolverine the "Urban Legend" treatment sometimes, it really fit him well.

BANNED

Lol wow looks we(including Cape and GylT'Nav , sorry i couldn't tag u all) are all in the same page...... Rucka's run wasn't that terrible tbh especially when a woman has a crush on Logan . I had just heard those two episodes from the podcast and Logan's background started with Weapon X , maybe they should have replaced Kayla with Maurren because i think she would fitted more c'ause she had a background with Weapon X . Btw as u(Hush) said Wendigo was actually involved in this type of similar situation i read on Wolverine-Wendigo! #1 so maybe he was also involved here ..............

Honestly I have not read Percy's DC comics so i am actually hyped about Wolverine Long Night .........

As GylT'Nav said if Logan is going to return , he will try to disappear as he said on DOW but WeaponXLogan was kinda of Ewing's Immortal Hulk who has same type of instincts .... i actually dont want Logan to be that terrible , at least when all of his friends knows that he is alive ..........Idk know how i feel about this version of Logan but somehow it would be better that if he stay low for a while...........It somehow reminds me the recent Tales of Suspense of Black Widow(where she was resurrected by the Red Room) , when her two Bfs were finding her and in the end she disappears on the last issue......Maybe the same situation will happen here as well ............

BANNED

Mcniven words for ROW on Newsarma just came out ....u might want to see this

https://www.newsarama.com/41819-retu...e-mcniven.html

Lol, the way that Logan stabbed Loki in the Prime one-**** was the best for me "juwt making sure" (Wolverine the firs troll!!!!).

Well, i give PAD this he is man with an open mind, i had wanted to read this series, but Clone Conspiracy left such a bad taste in my mouth that is difficult for me to accept this guy as Ben Reilly.

Haven't read it, but is clear that Nightwing fans (at least in this forums), especially the whole "i don't like technology angle" lol, sadly Dick has been without a direction for some time sadly, hopefully Scott Lodbell can do something good for him. A cult is definetly involved, but the way that they talk about the killinga... sounds a lot like Wendigo.

That's exactly what i thougth, i always like when writers give Wolverine the "Urban Legend" treatment sometimes, it really fit him well.

Yeah that was great, poor Loki though lol.

The Clone conspiracy really did a number on poor Ben, but I began reading the Scarlet Spider serie last month and after the first few arc Ben is trying to act like his old self again, so it's better lol.

Nightwing and Tim Drake really need a new fresh start because as you said their stories have been really directionless in recent years. Lobdell is hit and miss for me, his new 52 Red Hood serie wasn't great in my opinion but I'm really enjoying the Rebirth Red Hood serie so who know maybe he can do some great thing with Grayson. Although I think he's just here for one or two arc until DC chooses the next creative team.

Indeed stories portraying Wolverine as a man of mystery, someone you're not even sure is real has always been great

Lol wow looks we(including Cape and GylT'Nav , sorry i couldn't tag u all) are all in the same page...... Rucka's run wasn't that terrible tbh especially when a woman has a crush on Logan . I had just heard those two episodes from the podcast and Logan's background started with Weapon X , maybe they should have replaced Kayla with Maurren because i think she would fitted more c'ause she had a background with Weapon X . Btw as u(Hush) said Wendigo was actually involved in this type of similar situation i read on Wolverine-Wendigo! #1 so maybe he was also involved here ..............

Honestly I have not read Percy's DC comics so i am actually hyped about Wolverine Long Night .........

As GylT'Nav said if Logan is going to return , he will try to disappear as he said on DOW but WeaponXLogan was kinda of Ewing's Immortal Hulk who has same type of instincts .... i actually dont want Logan to be that terrible , at least when all of his friends knows that he is alive ..........Idk know how i feel about this version of Logan but somehow it would be better that if he stay low for a while...........It somehow reminds me the recent Tales of Suspense of Black Widow(where she was resurrected by the Red Room) , when her two Bfs were finding her and in the end she disappears on the last issue......Maybe the same situation will happen here as well ............
    Great minds thinks alike Exactly that Wendigo story was great, that was a nice horror story by Tieri and Logan's quick appearance was awesome!

Ah poor Cassie when you think about it, she was really pissed off when she saw Logan again during the Aaron run lol. I agree with you, I don't think having a monstrous Wolverine would be a good idea that would just be regression, but a man of mystery on his own, trying to stay low and having different kind of adventures all over the world would be amazing.
    Frankly, having Logan not join any team for a year and having one writer trying to fix all the mess done to Logan's past would be a great start.

I think fixing Logan's backstory is something that should have been done with the Hunt instead of all those pointless revelations, that would have made the Hunt much more important for Logan but also it would have worked much better as a second chapter of this trilogy and made Return of Wolverine even more hyped!
    Because as of right now, this "trilogy" doesn't really work for me, especially when the second part is just a "glorified" prelude to Return of Wolverine which can't stand on its own.

An speaking of the Wendigo, I wouldn't be against another horror story with him and Logan in the future Wolverine ongoing, that could be great!

Mcniven words for ROW on Newsarma just came out ....u might want to see this

https://www.newsarama.com/41819-retu...e-mcniven.html
    Ah thanks for the interview, so yeah in the end it's just Mcniven being slow lol. That quote about the new costume designed by Shalvey is intriguing:

"Well, that’s not really a Wolverine costume, but more of an in-story uniform that he uses out of necessity."

"It was not created in the story with Wolverine in mind. It works within the continuity of the Return storyline. And in that sense, it works just fine."

Shalvey said, that the costume wasn't made for Wolverine but that he found it, so the undercover's theory might be real or maybe Wolverine is forced to work for Soteira or it could be something else.

Yeah that was great, poor Loki though lol.

The Clone conspiracy really did a number on poor Ben, but I began reading the Scarlet Spider serie last month and after the first few arc Ben is trying to act like his old self again, so it's better lol.

Nightwing and Tim Drake really need a new fresh start because as you said their stories have been really directionless in recent years. Lobdell is hit and miss for me, his new 52 Red Hood serie wasn't great in my opinion but I'm really enjoying the Rebirth Red Hood serie so who know maybe he can do some great thing with Grayson. Although I think he's just here for one or two arc until DC chooses the next creative team.

Indeed stories portraying Wolverine as a man of mystery, someone you're not even sure is real has always been great

Great minds thinks alike Exactly that Wendigo story was great, that was a nice horror story by Tieri and Logan's quick appearance was awesome!

Ah poor Cassie when you think about it, she was really pissed off when she saw Logan again during the Aaron run lol. I agree with you, I don't think having a monstrous Wolverine would be a good idea that would just be regression, but a man of mystery on his own, trying to stay low and having different kind of adventures all over the world would be amazing.
    Frankly, having Logan not join any team for a year and having one writer trying to fix all the mess done to Logan's past would be a great start.

I think fixing Logan's backstory is something that should have been done with the Hunt instead of all those pointless revelations, that would have made the Hunt much more important for Logan but also it would have worked much better as a second chapter of this trilogy and made Return of Wolverine even more hyped!
    Because as of right now, this "trilogy" doesn't really work for me, especially when the second part is just a "glorified" prelude to Return of Wolverine which can't stand on its own.

An speaking of the Wendigo, I wouldn't be against another horror story with him and Logan in the future Wolverine ongoing, that could be great!

Ah thanks for the interview, so yeah in the end it's just Mcniven being slow lol. That quote about the new costume designed by Shalvey is intriguing:

"Well, that’s not really a Wolverine costume, but more of an in-story uniform that he uses out of necessity."

"It was not created in the story with Wolverine in mind. It works within the continuity of the Return storyline. And in that sense, it works just fine."

Shalvey said, that the costume wasn't made for Wolverine but that he found it, so the undercover's theory might be real or maybe Wolverine is forced to work for Soteira or it could be something else.
    He deserved it lol.

I heard good things about it and i do like PAD's writting... but an stuborn part of me refuse to support anything that came from Clone Conspiracy.

Preach! Nigthwing and Tim Drake had it hard after the reboot especially the later, dear god i hope that they don't "kill him" again on Heroes On Crisis . At least Dick has a couple of great moments.

Indeed, were is GylT'Nav he should join this conversation!!!

Lol, i always found weird how Logan just got up and left with telling a work, i always assumed that it was just a hook up nothing serious, then again the end of Rucka's run always felt a bit... sudden for me, i don't know why.

In agreetment with everything that you said about Logan and now i have another Wolverine tale to read lol.

BANNED

He deserved it lol.

Lol, i always found weird how Logan just got up and left with telling a work, i always assumed that it was just a hook up nothing serious, then again the end of Rucka's run always felt a bit... sudden for me, i don't know why.

In agreetment with everything that you said about Logan and now i have another Wolverine tale to read lol.
    You mean Logan's Dream right on Rucka's Wolverine????

Good morning! Right here! Ready for action!
    Sorry, had a rough day and a meeting which dragged!
    Please be forgiving, needed my beauty sleep!
    Its 5am over here!

I started my Wolverine reading with Clearmont's Wolverine mini, Weapon x, Rucka's run and Adamantium men by Aaron to get an impression how he was portrayed over the years.
    I liked Rucka's first two arcs. Loved Logan and Kurt's conversation. 'The Native' did nothing for me.
    Lol! This was definitely a just a hook up!

Yes, Wolverine the long Night reminded my of Rucka's first arc!
    So, I am getting my day started, I am back later! Definitely need a coffee now!

Good morning! Right here! Ready for action!
    Sorry, had a rough day and a meeting which dragged!
    Please be forgiving, needed my beauty sleep!
    Its 5am over here!

I started my Wolverine reading with Clearmont's Wolverine mini, Weapon x, Rucka's run and Adamantium men by Aaron to get an impression how he was portrayed over the years.
    I liked Rucka's first two arcs. Loved Logan and Kurt's conversation. 'The Native' did nothing for me.
    Lol! This was definitely a just a hook up!

Yes, Wolverine the long Night reminded my of Rucka's first arc!
    So, I am getting my day started, I am back later! Definitely need a coffee now!
    Don't apologize man, beauty sleep is important too , also good morning!, is night around this part of the world.

My Wolverine reading started with Old Man Logan by Millar and then Lemire, after that i became a fan and went for things like the Claremont/Miller mini and Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini until i decided to ask here for reccomendations (thanks to Hush again!) i did knew the character before all that thought, thanks to the 90s animated series, as a kid i couldn't see much beyond the cool guy with claws (and of course a part of me still see that lol), but growing up it was nice to find how he actually had more depth that i gave the character credit for.

Completly agreed about Rucka's run, the end of Brotherhood and some parts of Coyote Crossing were the best for me, i also like that Logan didn't have thought boxes, make him feel more dangerous and mysterious, kind of like Priest's Deathstroke, althought i did enjoy Creed's characterization in The Native, outside of that the story was just weird. I think that Cassie just expected to much for Logan lol.

Enjoy that coffee man, always nice to see you here