Page 65 of 138 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The change of artists might hurt the sales a little bit but I think it's still going to sell in the 100k range, same as Death of Wolverine which is really great. And then you have the HC release in april or may which is going to sell a lot!

Yeah it's really some good numbers, the best there is indeed! I like Shalvey but it's really going to be great to have McNiven back for the finale, I just hope Soule won't mess up lol.
    Yeah, maybe the sale of the last issue would increase thanks to McNiven's artwork, but as i said before, people can hate him, but they still want to see him (i supposed that Logan's fourth mutation still works too ).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    True, the most likely is that it drops below the 200k rank, but it keeps more or less steady in the 150k rank, at least that's what i hope, how much did DoW sold?.
    All DOWs are above 100ks but less then 170ks after the first issue

Yeah, definetly not his best work. I do agreed, is better to clarified in story that what happened in Origins isn't canon anymore, maybe that's why they killed Daken, his probably going to be altered too.

Yup, as much as i dislike Way's work on him i do like how he wrote Wolverine's figthing skill, like in that figth with Captain America in the first arc.
    Well if they want to retcon the Daken/Istu/Romulus thing I wouldn't complained, just say he's a clone created with Logan's DNA who had fake memories and who was unleashed just after the House of M event to mess with Logan.
    Also if they can reveal that Romulus/Remus are just clones of Sabretooth and have him kill them once and for all that would nice too.

It might be the only good thing about his work on Wolverine, his Logan knows how to fight especially during that fight against Captain America or against the Winter Soldier.

Yeah, maybe the sale of the last issue would increase thanks to McNiven's artwork, but as i said before, people can hate him, but they still want to see him (i supposed that Logan's fourth mutation still works too ).
    It's just a tiny vocal minority who hate him, the majority of readers and people love the character and wants him back, just the sales of Old Man Logan, Hunt and now Return prove that. But yeah his fourth mutation still works and it's always funny to see the mental gymnastics of some people, especially on this board, when it comes to Wolverine lol.

BANNED

It's just a tiny vocal minority who hate him, the majority of readers and people love the character and wants him back, just the sales of Old Man Logan, Hunt and now Return prove that. But yeah his fourth mutation still works and it's always funny to see the mental gymnastics of some people, especially on this board, when it comes to Wolverine lol.
    Well ur are not wrong but those people who hate Logan will still buy his comics for the sake of whining criticism in his comics Looks like Marvel get's more out of this whether fans hate him or not

Well if they want to retcon the Daken/Istu/Romulus thing I wouldn't complained, just say he's a clone created with Logan's DNA who had fake memories and who was unleashed just after the House of M event to mess with Logan.
    Also if they can reveal that Romulus/Remus are just clones of Sabretooth and have him kill them once and for all that would nice too.

It might be the only good thing about his work on Wolverine, his Logan knows how to fight especially during that fight against Captain America or against the Winter Soldier.

Yeah, if they retcon all that, Marvel would do a lot to regain my goodwill toward then frankly.

I also liked how he got into Logan's more tactical side, even if it wasn't that much. Honestly the only part that Way got about Logan is that he is supossed to be dangerous.

True and to be fair, there are some legit criticism toward the characther.and certain aspects of him that some people migth find unapealling (cough his thing with Jean cougth), especially after Schism. But yeah is just a vocal minority that blew things out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well ur are not wrong but those people who hate Logan will still buy his comics for the sake of whining criticism in his comics Looks like Marvel get's more out of this whether fans hate him or not
    Sometimes it's just better to ignore them and to move on but yeah no matter what, Marvel is still winning lol.

Yeah, if they retcon all that, Marvel would do a lot to regain my goodwill toward then frankly.

I also liked how he got into Logan's more tactical side, even if it wasn't that much. Honestly the only part that Way got about Logan is that he is supossed to be dangerous.

True and to be fair, there are some legit criticism toward the characther.and certain aspects of him that some people migth find unapealling (cough his thing with Jean cougth), especially after Schism. But yeah is just a vocal minority that blew things out of proportion.
    That would be a good start that's for sure. I do agree, at least his Logan is dangerous even if sometimes it's going too far unfortunately lol.

See I can understand why someone wouldn't like the character for several reasons (Schism/AVX for example) and if people bring up some good arguments it's always interesting to speak with them. But if someone just act like a troll or in a childish way just to provoke other users I won't even bother wasting my time responding to them that's for sure.

Sometimes it's just better to ignore them and to move on but yeah no matter what, Marvel is still winning lol.

That would be a good start that's for sure. I do agree, at least his Logan is dangerous even if sometimes it's going too far unfortunately lol.

See I can understand why someone wouldn't like the character for several reasons (Schism/AVX for example) and if people bring up some good arguments it's always interesting to speak with them. But if someone just act like a troll or in a childish way just to provoke other users I won't even bother wasting my time responding to them that's for sure.
    You could say that he goes Wayyy to far (sorry i couldn't help myself).

True, i had found a couple people like that and i have good conversations with then, but sadly is not very often, so i usually just ignore then or if i'm feeling particulary mischevous i mock then a bit, probably not a good thing, but sometimes i need to kill time lol.

You could say that he goes Wayyy to far (sorry i couldn't help myself).

True, i had found a couple people like that and i have good conversations with then, but sadly is not very often, so i usually just ignore then or if i'm feeling particulary mischevous i mock then a bit, probably not a good thing, but sometimes i need to kill time lol.
    Ah nice one

Yeah that's really unfortunate although to be honest you're right that's one good way to kill time lol. Well now that I think about it Doop also know how to deal with trolls:

His methods might seem a little extreme though

Mighty Member

Hol’ up guys ... I mean Ways run was stupid literally stupid ... I hated it with passion n with that horrendous art it was a major disappointment.

But why didn’t u like Dakens origin ?.... I like the idea of him being a child than a clone.The Romulus controlling aspect is silly but the origin of Daken could’ve been better if handled properly. The whole run was trash anyway.

Ah nice one

Yeah that's really unfortunate although to be honest you're right that's one good way to kill time lol. Well now that I think about it Doop also know how to deal with trolls:

His methods might seem a little extreme though
    Thanks!!!

One thing, if there any sort of translation to Doop's dialogue?.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Hol’ up guys ... I mean Ways run was stupid literally stupid ... I hated it with passion n with that horrendous art it was a major disappointment.

But why didn’t u like Dakens origin ?.... I like the idea of him being a child than a clone.The Romulus controlling aspect is silly but the origin of Daken could’ve been better if handled properly. The whole run was trash anyway.
    For me, the problem I have with the character origins is how much it’s tied to the Romulus plotline and how this plotline not only affected Wolverine in a bad way but also Sabretooth, Cyber, Wild Child, the Weapon X project, Seraph, Bucky, Janet, Janice, Xavier, Captain America, Deadpool, Omega Red, Nuke and how it made their backgrounds so convoluted. On top of that both Daken’s origins and the Romulus plotline introduced forgettable characters such as Itsu who was one of the many women to die in this series and as a result was just used as a plot device to explain how Romulus could control Logan which was unoriginal, terrible and tasteless in my opinion.

But the big problem is you can’t retcon all of the Way and Loeb nonsense without doing some big retcons to Daken’s origins, so a clone/memory implants retcon could work and make sense. If you remove the fact that he’s the son of Logan/Itsu, the whole Romulus plotline and just revealed that the character was created the same way as X-23, you could give him a fresh start, have him move on from his daddy issues once and for all, becomes something more than just an edgy Wolverine while at the same time strengthening the bond between him and Laura.

Of course if you want my honest opinion, Laura should have beheaded him a long time ago for what he did to her father, to herself, to her half brothers and sisters, and to all the men, women and children he endangered, killed and abused during all these years. If anything they should be rivals/foes, same as Sabretooth/Wolverine and only team up when their backs are against the wall but nothing more.

But yeah honestly if Marvel could retcon everything Way and Loeb wrote during Origins and Endings, Origins, Evolution and sabretooth Reborn that would be a good start to fix Wolverine in my opinion.

Thanks!!!

One thing, if there any sort of translation to Doop's dialogue?.
    The Doop translator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Of course if you want my honest opinion, Laura should have beheaded him a long time ago for what he did to her father, to herself, to her half brothers and sisters, and to all the men, women and children he endangered, killed and abused during all these years. If anything they should be rivals/foes, same as Sabretooth/Wolverine and only team up when their backs are against the wall but nothing more.
    Honestly, i can't believe that people insist with the whole "he identified with abused children" that migth be true to an extent, but it clearly wasn't enougth for him to avoid killing a baby when he was a teenager, his half-siblings or the kids in the JGS, like damn, if he is supossed to be like that, Marvel has done a really poor job, in showing it.

The Doop translator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck
    Oh god, what i got myself into!!!!

Anyway thanks, you green bastard

Mighty Member

For me, the problem I have with the character origins is how much it’s tied to the Romulus plotline and how this plotline not only affected Wolverine in a bad way but also Sabretooth, Cyber, Wild Child, the Weapon X project, Seraph, Bucky, Janet, Janice, Xavier, Captain America, Deadpool, Omega Red, Nuke and how it made their backgrounds so convoluted. On top of that both Daken’s origins and the Romulus plotline introduced forgettable characters such as Itsu who was one of the many women to die in this series and as a result was just used as a plot device to explain how Romulus could control Logan which was unoriginal, terrible and tasteless in my opinion.

But the big problem is you can’t retcon all of the Way and Loeb nonsense without doing some big retcons to Daken’s origins, so a clone/memory implants retcon could work and make sense. If you remove the fact that he’s the son of Logan/Itsu, the whole Romulus plotline and just revealed that the character was created the same way as X-23, you could give him a fresh start, have him move on from his daddy issues once and for all, becomes something more than just an edgy Wolverine while at the same time strengthening the bond between him and Laura.

But yeah honestly if Marvel could retcon everything Way and Loeb wrote during Origins and Endings, Origins, Evolution and sabretooth Reborn that would be a good start to fix Wolverine in my opinion.
    I mean I agree totally, the whole wolverine origin was silly ... and the fact Romulus was controlling every aspect of his life. Even his romantic life was stupid to say the least. I also didn’t enjoy how they made Logan easily manipulated. I know he’s always brainwashed but with the origin story ... it felt like every step was manipulated.
    I also disliked the whole Nuke plot line. Gosh!!

I understand what u’re saying about Daken. If Marvel will retcon Ways run then Dakens origin should be omitted. I honestly prefer a memory implant than a clone cuz I just feel like ... there’s been way too many clones plot line. But I actually love the idea of Logan having a son ... But Daken is just too crazy to fill that role. I do want Marvel to develop a relationship between the two without Dakens daddy issues.

I think Laura couldn’t get to kill Daken cuz he was the closest thing to a family which she seems to hold dearly.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 10-16-2018 at 07:56 AM.