Page 66 of 138 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, i can't believe that people insist with the whole "he identified with abused children" that migth be true to an extent, but it clearly wasn't enougth for him to avoid killing a baby when he was a teenager, his half-siblings or the kids in the JGS, like damn, if he is supossed to be like that, Marvel has done a really poor job, in showing it.
    I agree. Marvel failed portraying Dakens change of heart towards Laura.
    The guy is suppose to be a psychopath. Ain’t no psychopath sympathising with anyone. They lack sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I agree. Marvel failed portraying Dakens change of heart towards Laura.
    The guy is suppose to be a psychopath. Ain’t no psychopath sympathising with anyone. They lack sympathy
    Socipath, to be fair i can believe that Daken migth have some sympathy for Laura (higth functioning sociopaths are a thing too), but not so much that Laura loves him like family, unlike Logan and her, Daken isn't repentant for his crimes.

Mighty Member

Socipath, to be fair i can believe that Daken migth have some sympathy for Laura (higth functioning sociopaths are a thing too), but not so much that Laura loves him like family, unlike Logan and her, Daken isn't repentant for his crimes.
    True .. he could be a sociopath. But I don’t understand why hes sympathetic towards her? Is it cuz she’s family n child abuse victim? He was kind to Gabby too.
    Yea Daken isn’t looking for redemption. I actually enjoy Daken as a character... I really wish Marvel dive into his character more but they need to drop with his daddy issues.

True .. he could be a sociopath. But I don’t understand why hes sympathetic towards her? Is it cuz she’s family n child abuse victim? He was kind to Gabby too.
    Yea Daken isn’t looking for redemption. I actually enjoy Daken as a character... I really wish Marvel dive into his character more but they need to stop with his daddy issues.
    Probably, i think that Daken wish for a family, but he is so mess up that he can't really try to fix himself enougth to do so. At least that the conclusion that i reach reading Wolverine Origins.

Mighty Member

Probably, i think that Daken wish for a family, but he is so mess up that he can't really try to fix himself enougth to do so. At least that the conclusion that i reach reading Wolverine Origins.
    Yea true. That’s why he was kinda nice n involved with Laura n Gabby in the All New Wolverine.

Oh god, what i got myself into!!!!

Anyway thanks, you green bastard
    You’re welcome! Now I’m back to my busy schedule:

Honestly, i can't believe that people insist with the whole "he identified with abused children" that migth be true to an extent, but it clearly wasn't enougth for him to avoid killing a baby when he was a teenager, his half-siblings or the kids in the JGS, like damn, if he is supossed to be like that, Marvel has done a really poor job, in showing it.
    That’s something that eludes me to be honest, Daken has always been a psycho since his first appearance and he always acted like a monster towards women, men and children until Logan Legacy/Wolverines/All New Wolverine for some reason. Well to be honest in The Logan Legacy Laura let Josh died against Siphon but helped Daken against this thing, so yeah the characterization of several characters was really off (no way Laura would have abandon Josh especially after what happened during X-Force).

As a kid, he killed a newborn baby out of jealousy and hate (Wolverine Origins vol.1 #26-27), as he grew up he tracked almost all of his half brothers and sisters (so technically Laura’s half brothers and sisters since the recent revelation in Adamantium Agenda) and he made sure his own father killed them. (Wolverine vol.4 #1-16, Daken Dark Wolverine vol.1 #2-3)
    At the same time, he helped a group full of psychopaths sent the soul of his own father to Hell and let a bloodthirsty demon take over his father’s body, as a result of his actions Laura’s mind was almost broken by this demon and Jullian almost killed (X-23 vol.4 #1-3) , Melita was almost killed, Colossus was almost killed, Yukio got her spine broken, Amiko was almost killed and if Logan and the X-Men didn’t stop this demon this thing would have killed many more people. (Wolverine vol.4 #1-16)

Then there is that time when he created a big chaos in Madripoor that allowed Colcord to kidnap and experiment on people. On top of being aware that Colcord kidnapped people for his own experiments, he was even the one who supplied Colcord with all the test subjects he needed. Because of his actions Colcord secretly experimented on several children and as a result many of them died. (Dark Wolverine/X-23 Collision crossover).

Then he caught and tortured 3 human traffickers not because he wanted to stop some human trafficking operation (why anyone would think that especially after what he did with Colcord) but because he wanted to use them to break Donna and to prove she was a psychopath just like him. Unfortunately for him she understood that he was full of **** and she turned her gun on him. (Dark Wolverine vol.1 #20)

So yeah the guy never gave a flying damn about children in the first place as shown in the previous examples that all happened before the Dark Wolverine issue that people used to justify that Daken cared about children. Even after this issue and after he tried to become the kingpin of L.A and failed, he kidnapped the young Evan that his father tried to help and he brutalized him both physically and mentally, (Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #27 & #30) and let’s not forget that if Logan didn’t kill him he would have killed all the kids at his school (Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #35).

So saying that because he’s got a rough childhood and because he was used by Romulus, he cares about children is just not true at all. Now if someone say that his terrible childhood can make him relate to Laura and vice versa that’s true as explained during Collision but not to the point of accepting him as a “brother” as shown during Logan Legacy/Wolverines in my opinion.

I mean I agree totally, the whole wolverine origin was silly ... and the fact Romulus was controlling every aspect of his life. Even his romantic life was stupid to say the least. I also didn’t enjoy how they made Logan easily manipulated. I know he’s always brainwashed but with the origin story ... it felt like every step was manipulated.
    I also disliked the whole Nuke plot line. Gosh!!

I understand what u’re saying about Daken. If Marvel will retcon Ways run then Dakens origin should be omitted. I honestly prefer a memory implant than a clone cuz I just feel like ... there’s been way too many clones plot line. But I actually love the idea of Logan having a son ... But Daken is just too crazy to fill that role. I do want Marvel to develop a relationship between the two without Dakens daddy issues.

I think Laura couldn’t get to kill Daken cuz he was the closest thing to a family which she seems to hold dearly.
    Yeah the whole Romulus plot is terrible and I’m still not sure why Marvel hasn’t retconned this whole thing yet.
    I understand your point of view and I agree the memory implant is always useful for retconning things especially when it’s related to the Wolverine’s universe and this case it could work too. Regarding the father/son aspect, well there is still Erista who is alive somewhere in the Savage Land lol but honestly I think the Father/Son relationship could have worked a long time ago but after what happened during the Goes to Hell story, Uncanny X-Force or the Dark Wolverine series it’s kind of done, Logan can forgive a lot of things but there has to be limits.

If you’re interested in the father/son dynamic between the two characters you should check What If? Wolverine: Father Vol .1 #1, it’s a what if story where Logan is trying to raise his son. It takes place just after the death of Istu.

I think you’re right, that might explain why she never killed him, also he’s hard to kill and Laura had a no kill policy for a while (not sure if that's still the case, I haven't catch up to the last issue of the new X-23 series).

Well he shouldn’t have sent his half brothers and sisters to their deaths then lol.

To go back on topic, Charles Soules confirmed that Wolverine will appear in the X-Men Holiday special on one page and that he will do something completely crazy with his hot claws

Source: https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...97006255562752

Unfortunately, he won’t cook and carve a turkey with his claws but the Hot Claws will still save the holidays!

Source: https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...31976390934529

BANNED

DEAD MAN LOGAN #3 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON(A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BENJAMIN
    DEATH PAYS ALL DEBTS…
    Mysterio means to set in motion the massacre at the crux of Old Man Logan’s apocalyptic future timeline. But who is pulling his strings? The master of illusion’s newest benefactors will surprise you!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Well it seems like Avengers are not going to be involved with OG Logan after all and the next's month(i.e November) Avengers 700 solicitations has also changed , there is no solicit for Wovlerine

THE STARTLING CONCLUSION TO WOLVERINE’S EPIC RETURN!

RETURN OF WOLVERINE #5 (of 5)
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • STEVE MCNIVEN (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    Now that Logan has risen…how far can he fall?
    40 PGS./Parental Advisory …$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Hot Claws no!!! you reastaurant need you!!!!

You’re welcome! Now I’m back to my busy schedule:

That’s something that eludes me to be honest, Daken has always been a psycho since his first appearance and he always acted like a monster towards women, men and children until Logan Legacy/Wolverines/All New Wolverine for some reason. Well to be honest in The Logan Legacy Laura let Josh died against Siphon but helped Daken against this thing, so yeah the characterization of several characters was really off (no way Laura would have abandon Josh especially after what happened during X-Force).

As a kid, he killed a newborn baby out of jealousy and hate (Wolverine Origins vol.1 #26-27), as he grew up he tracked almost all of his half brothers and sisters (so technically Laura’s half brothers and sisters since the recent revelation in Adamantium Agenda) and he made sure his own father killed them. (Wolverine vol.4 #1-16, Daken Dark Wolverine vol.1 #2-3)
    At the same time, he helped a group full of psychopaths sent the soul of his own father to Hell and let a bloodthirsty demon take over his father’s body, as a result of his actions Laura’s mind was almost broken by this demon and Jullian almost killed (X-23 vol.4 #1-3) , Melita was almost killed, Colossus was almost killed, Yukio got her spine broken, Amiko was almost killed and if Logan and the X-Men didn’t stop this demon this thing would have killed many more people. (Wolverine vol.4 #1-16)

Then there is that time when he created a big chaos in Madripoor that allowed Colcord to kidnap and experiment on people. On top of being aware that Colcord kidnapped people for his own experiments, he was even the one who supplied Colcord with all the test subjects he needed. Because of his actions Colcord secretly experimented on several children and as a result many of them died. (Dark Wolverine/X-23 Collision crossover).

Then he caught and tortured 3 human traffickers not because he wanted to stop some human trafficking operation (why anyone would think that especially after what he did with Colcord) but because he wanted to use them to break Donna and to prove she was a psychopath just like him. Unfortunately for him she understood that he was full of **** and she turned her gun on him. (Dark Wolverine vol.1 #20)

So yeah the guy never gave a flying damn about children in the first place as shown in the previous examples that all happened before the Dark Wolverine issue that people used to justify that Daken cared about children. Even after this issue and after he tried to become the kingpin of L.A and failed, he kidnapped the young Evan that his father tried to help and he brutalized him both physically and mentally, (Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #27 & #30) and let’s not forget that if Logan didn’t kill him he would have killed all the kids at his school (Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #35).

So saying that because he’s got a rough childhood and because he was used by Romulus, he cares about children is just not true at all. Now if someone say that his terrible childhood can make him relate to Laura and vice versa that’s true as explained during Collision but not to the point of accepting him as a “brother” as shown during Logan Legacy/Wolverines in my opinion.

Yeah the whole Romulus plot is terrible and I’m still not sure why Marvel hasn’t retconned this whole thing yet.
    I understand your point of view and I agree the memory implant is always useful for retconning things especially when it’s related to the Wolverine’s universe and this case it could work too. Regarding the father/son aspect, well there is still Erista who is alive somewhere in the Savage Land lol but honestly I think the Father/Son relationship could have worked a long time ago but after what happened during the Goes to Hell story, Uncanny X-Force or the Dark Wolverine series it’s kind of done, Logan can forgive a lot of things but there has to be limits.

If you’re interested in the father/son dynamic between the two characters you should check What If? Wolverine: Father Vol .1 #1, it’s a what if story where Logan is trying to raise his son. It takes place just after the death of Istu.

I think you’re right, that might explain why she never killed him, also he’s hard to kill and Laura had a no kill policy for a while (not sure if that's still the case, I haven't catch up to the last issue of the new X-23 series).

Well he shouldn’t have sent his half brothers and sisters to their deaths then lol.
    Damn man you are a pig, still better than my own desk thought lol.

Ha too true, but oh well lets not derail things more, thanks for the info about "Wolverine Save Chritsmas" lol.

Mighty Member

Yooo always thought Colossus was the one with a kid in savage island. Does Logan even know he has a kid there?

Mighty Member

Holy crap! Love the cover. But the claws? Any explanation on why he’s claws r flame-y?

Yooo always thought Colossus was the one with a kid in savage island. Does Logan even know he has a kid there?
    He and Colossus had a kid there, the weirdest part is that Piort did it first lol, now is Kurt's turn . But no i don't think that Logan knows about it.

Holy crap! Love the cover. But the claws? Any explanation on why he’s claws r flame-y?
    Not yet, i think that they would explain around issue 3 or 4