Page 63 of 138 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

If i remember correctly, Logan was dreaming about getting his revenge from Weapon X during a test experiment, especifically he wanted to kill The Profesor, but the program wasn't responsable for that part, it was just Logan response to the trauma.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-13-2018 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Yeah Logan was simulated through an experiment where Logan can act freely through his own feral instincts and his revenge psychology that made him likely kill the Professor but Dr. Cornelius or the Professor didn't have any hand in that .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Interesting. I never disliked Paz personally, althougth i certanly didn't like her, but yeah, she didn't deserve that, her story does give me a certain level of sadness.

Oh certanly, the ending wasn't flawless at all, especially with Liquid Ocelot, still more belieavable than thinking that Liquid's arm filled Ocelot's mid with more evil lol.

Yeah, at least we got Last Day of Outer Heaven by the fans, that wasn't bad, but oh well, i still appreciate what Kojima did, hopefully his new project is good, because so far... i'm still confused lol.

I still want to see then in a roadtrip after hia return!!!!.

Sadly he wasn't strong enougth lol, let's hope that Soule is a good enougth ally enougth alied .

Mariko would realize that he gave the wrong dosis to Logan by accident!!!! .

Definetly, who said that Logan can't be romantic lol. Yeah, i agreed, but still it was cool to see Logan just breaking a windshield to stop Lester.
    The Liquid Ocelot's plot was really over the place lol. I agree Last Day of Outer Heaven was great, Konami should have updated the game and put this cutscene in it, that would have been perfect! The Venom's plot itself isn't bad per se, it's just the whole execution that I found lacking but oh well who knows maybe one day we'll get a real closure for this saga.

The roadtrip needs to happen and yeah let's hope Soule won't mess up and fix Logan for the fresh start relaunch next year!

Or it wasn't Mariko but Romulus in disguise all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this talk about MGS is messing with my mind lol.

That scene was great, Logan not only broke Lester's face on that day but also his spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    That art looks great , looking forward to read ROW #2 . Don't know whether this issue will be better then the first in terms of written work and most importantly how this issue is going to make things or Logan's return uncomplicated or not

btw LOL Wolverine stomps DC trinity in terms of sales
    and by next Wednesday i think we will get the final sale numbers . I hope Logan remains on top
    Yeah let's hope ROW #2 will give us some anwsers and we should get the numbers on monday, curious to see if it's going to beat Death of Wolverine numbers.

Hmmm i guess i like ur top 5 but here is mine

I divided each comic arc into those issues which i liked most , at least for my top 3

1.Old Man Logan: Border Town #5 to #8

Old Man Logan #7: This issue was my favorite , the first two panels were awesome . Logan fighting against the Reavers and Deathstrike was also good ....

Logan holding Jean in his arms was nostalgic
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/hMHMdp/Wolverine-Old-Man-Logan-Bordertown-v2-042.jpg[/mg]
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/dqmgdp/Wolverine-Old-Man-Logan-Bordertown-v2-043.jpg[img]
    R.I.P Deathstrike lol
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/jRJoPU/Wolverine-Old-Man-Logan-Bordertown-v2-055.jpg[img]

Overall this arc was my favorite , the reunion between Maureen and Logan was good but at the same time the theme of the arc was chaos imo ,this thing was quite iterated from Miller's OML where Logan realized that he couldn't escape that very thing which was him
    2. Old Man Logan:The Last Ronin

Old Man Logan #12: Well this issue had quite clearly showed one thing which Logan has suffered through years , i.e fall(or pain) which eventually gets void for Logan . Overall the arc was really great and maybe the story line little rushed.

[img]https://image.ibb.co/jP2t8p/Wolverine-Old-Man-Logan-v03-The-Last-Ronin-075.jpg[/mg]
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/jiNX19/Wolverine-Old-Man-Logan-v03-The-Last-Ronin-096.jpg[img]
    3. Old Man Logan: Past Lives
    First things first there were two parts of this comic arc i.e Gone Real Bad and Past Lives.

Gone Real Bad's art didn't impressed me and neither the orchestration of story line towards his past didn't reach to much expectations . If this arc was drawn by Sorrentino , i would have ranked this 2nd
    Past Lives was really good but some times the art was hit and miss . It showed how much Logan has lived through lifetimes from being a soldier to Weapon X to his first appearance of his fight against Wendigo and Hulk , to those things which changed changed him as a person i.e Jean and Mariko and in the end it was Maureen .

4.Old Man Logan:Berzerker
    Well this was how it all began but one thing which make this comic arc to be one of my favorite was Logan's classic personality of revenge and the art was really good
    [img] https://image.ibb.co/drm9g9/Wolverin...gan-v1-007.jpg[img]

5.Old Man Logan: Days of Anger and Old Man Logan: Scarlet Samurai

Well Days of Anger was good in terms of action pack sequences and although i am not much of Deodato's art it was really good in this comic arc . Scarlet Samurai's was underwhelming with both Gorgon being high tier opponent which was dampened as well as Logan being not in his prime tbh but the reunion between Mariko and Logan made my day to put this arc in my top 5

Other Comic Arcs like the Bullseye and the Kraven 's Hunt was good but it was quite a drag and i don't like action sequences which contains filler ..........
    Nice posts and list biswaboxz! I have to agree with what you said about Gorgon, the guy is supposed to be a monster who almost killed Logan and Shang Chi, he gave trouble to Iron fist and was only beaten by Daredevil sneak attack and he killed Phobos. So no way the Scarlet Samurai or the Silver Samurai could defeat him so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The Liquid Ocelot's plot was really over the place lol. I agree Last Day of Outer Heaven was great, Konami should have updated the game and put this cutscene in it, that would have been perfect! The Venom's plot itself isn't bad per se, it's just the whole execution that I found lacking but oh well who knows maybe one day we'll get a real closure for this saga.

The roadtrip needs to happen and yeah let's hope Soule won't mess up and fix Logan for the fresh start relaunch next year!

Or it wasn't Mariko but Romulus in disguise all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this talk about MGS is messing with my mind lol.

That scene was great, Logan not only broke Lester's face on that day but also his spirit!

Yeah let's hope ROW #2 will give us some anwsers and we should get the numbers on monday, curious to see if it's going to beat Death of Wolverine numbers.

Nice posts and list biswaboxz! I have to agree with what you said about Gorgon, the guy is supposed to be a monster who almost killed Logan and Shang Chi, he gave trouble to Iron fist and was only beaten by Daredevil sneak attack and he killed Phobos. So no way the Scarlet Samurai or the Silver Samurai could defeat him so easily.
    Yup, remember how he actually sounded like Liquid first, but then he just started to talk like Ocelot again, i guest that imitating Liquid is really hell for the throat lol. In total agreetment with the rest of your commentary, we needed a better way to close the circle.

I'm really excited for Wolverine fresh start, Marvel has done a great job this year..

You are not thinking far back enougth Hush, it was Aldo Ferro in dosguise all along!!!!!!!!.

Nothing brings me more joy than that

Yup, Bordertown was awesome, this was the arc that convince me in looking for more classic Wolverine stories, those firstv2 panels are my favorite, especially the "Failed Samurai" one.
    Great arc. I will miss OML. Honestly I kind of wish they’d just brought OG Wolverine back after Secret Wars, but had OML somehow be the key to that. Somehow cosmically gifting him his healing factor and freeing him from the adamantium cocoon when Reed Richards rebuilt the universe. But OG Logan would have a slower healing factor, some aging would be evident (grayer hair), and he’d have OML’s memories floating around in his head. We could have basically had the same OML series, with OG Logan confused and not understanding that he was in a different timeline from OML’s, and Laura taking up the mantle of Wolverine and hanging onto it for awhile because Logan didn’t want it anymore. Then Return of Wolverine really becomes more about him having to don the cowl again and become “The Wolverine” once more, because of Soteira emerging and coming after everyone ever involved with Weapon X. It would be a big, sprawling story with lots of characters like Laura, Creed, Deathstrike, Deadpool, Fantomex, etc.

By the end, his mind is purged of all these alternate timeline memories (we find that he’s actually held onto fragments from DoFP, House of M and OML’s timelines, making his memories a mess) and even his own memories prior to Weapon X. So he’s back to how he was in the 80s. Slower healing factor, so he has to use his skills more, and no memories before Weapon X.

Return of Wolverine wip by Declan Shalvey:

By the way I just listened to the sixth episode of the Long Night last night:

spoilers:
    Definitely less action than in the previous episode and Logan wasn't much present but the whole show seems to go in a new direction, less realistic and more supernatural with a lot of mysticism/magic stuff, we also finally got a clue about who's the big bad guy. So I don't think that's the Wendigo (not powerful enough) but somekind of a Werewolf, which would make sense after hearing all this talk about the Long night at the beginning of the episode. Now maybe it's something supernatural or maybe it's a mutant similar to Feral or Wolfsbane and all this mystical stuff is just here to mislead us it's too soon to say.

But one thing for sure this thing is scary, especially during the attack when it was laughing like a maniac. I can't wait to hear Logan fighting against it!
    Anyways the whole supernatural/magic angle makes the podcast even more scary and complelling. Now as I said previously I'm not sure if the magic stuff the detective found is real or just a red herring to mislead us.
    end of spoilers

So yeah another great episode, I hope we'll get some clues in the next episode and learn a little more about Logan

Edit: Also in other news, Return of Wolverine was the top selling book both by units shipped and by dollars invoice in September!

source: http://www.comichron.com

Truly the best there is
    Finally listened it too, it was great.

spoilers:
    I agreed that the mysticims/supernatural vibe migth be some sort of red herring and that Wendigo isn't lilely to appear here shame, because most of the elements here really lend thenselves to that, i'm still hoping thougth lol, i think that the creature is probably Brent Landrock, last episode did establish the rilvary, so i migth be possible. And yeah, this episode was really more scary in comparuson with the previous ones).
    end of spoilers

They can complain as much they want, people want the Wolverine lol .

Yup, remember how he actually sounded like Liquid first, but then he just started to talk like Ocelot again, i guest that imitating Liquid is really hell for the throat lol. In total agreetment with the rest of your commentary, we needed a better way to close the circle.

I'm really excited for Wolverine fresh start, Marvel has done a great job this year..

You are not thinking far back enougth Hush, it was Aldo Ferro in dosguise all along!!!!!!!!.

Nothing brings me more joy than that
    Yeah that voice change was so strange, of course I think the logical explanation was because Liquid Japanese voice actor died between MGS2 and MGS4 so they decided to ask Ocelot voice actor to do everything and decide to do the same thing for the US release.
    Something funny about the Japanese voice actors is that the guy who voiced Big Boss in MGS4 (Chikao Ōtsuka) was the father of the voice actor of Old Snake (Akio Ōtsuka), which make the last scene of MGS4 much more emotional when you think about it (at least if we forgot the stupidity of the plot lol).

Oh god Aldo Ferro how could I forget this guy, what the hell was Hama thinking when he created this character and wrote this memory implants story lol.

That’s true, it’s always fun to see Bullseye get his ass kicked I still remember how American Eagle completely destroyed him during the Thunderbolts series by Ellis lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Great arc. I will miss OML. Honestly I kind of wish they’d just brought OG Wolverine back after Secret Wars, but had OML somehow be the key to that. Somehow cosmically gifting him his healing factor and freeing him from the adamantium cocoon when Reed Richards rebuilt the universe. But OG Logan would have a slower healing factor, some aging would be evident (grayer hair), and he’d have OML’s memories floating around in his head. We could have basically had the same OML series, with OG Logan confused and not understanding that he was in a different timeline from OML’s, and Laura taking up the mantle of Wolverine and hanging onto it for awhile because Logan didn’t want it anymore. Then Return of Wolverine really becomes more about him having to don the cowl again and become “The Wolverine” once more, because of Soteira emerging and coming after everyone ever involved with Weapon X. It would be a big, sprawling story with lots of characters like Laura, Creed, Deathstrike, Deadpool, Fantomex, etc.

By the end, his mind is purged of all these alternate timeline memories (we find that he’s actually held onto fragments from DoFP, House of M and OML’s timelines, making his memories a mess) and even his own memories prior to Weapon X. So he’s back to how he was in the 80s. Slower healing factor, so he has to use his skills more, and no memories before Weapon X.

That's an interesting plot, it would have explained why the Old Man was brought to our universe storywise and gave Logan his old statu quo back. Of course I would prefered for the Old Man to continue his adventures in the wastelands (without the wastleands I think the Old Man loses 50% of his appeal) but merging the two of them could have lead to some interesting storylines and retcon all those origin stories, so good job on this scenario!

Speaking about the Hunt, one thing that disappointed me was the lack of characters close to Wolverine such as Maverick, Deadpool, Captain America, Mariko, Seraph, Melita, Wraith (not sure if he's still alive after what Hellverine did to him) or even the Old Man. Another thing was the fact that all the characters that were involved had more development than Logan itself which is disappointing.

At least it seems that Marvel is getting rid off of all those "Wolverines" copycats, now I just hope Logan's new statu quo will be closer to how he was portrayed before Origin/House Of M/Origins. I'm not sure if they're going to retcon the Origin mini and the whole James Howlett thing, I just hope that when Logan will be introduced in the MCU they will ignore it.
    Just say his name is Logan (James Howlett was just a nickname he used during his spying days), his main power is his healing factor (which as a side effect enhances his senses and his physical abilities), he's a veteran who fought alongside Cap during WWII and the Weapon X project are the ones who gave him the claws.

In a way that would differentiate him from the Fox Wolverine and maybe influence the comics division to retcon all the nonsense they allowed Loeb/Way/Jemas to write since 2001.

Finally listened it too, it was great.

spoilers:
    I agreed that the mysticims/supernatural vibe migth be some sort of red herring and that Wendigo isn't lilely to appear here shame, because most of the elements here really lend thenselves to that, i'm still hoping thougth lol, i think that the creature is probably Brent Landrock, last episode did establish the rilvary, so i migth be possible. And yeah, this episode was really more scary in comparuson with the previous ones).
    end of spoilers

They can complain as much they want, people want the Wolverine lol .
    spoilers:
    Yeah I still want the Wendigo to be in but it seems unlikely at this point. Brent would make the perfect suspect especially after his fight with the Bear and the fact that he’s crazy, but it seems too easy I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a red herring too and the real killer is someone else from this crazy family.
    end of spoilers

So true

Ah nice pics! Never fist bump Wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hush; 10-14-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Yeah that voice change was so strange, of course I think the logical explanation was because Liquid Japanese voice actor died between MGS2 and MGS4 so they decided to ask Ocelot voice actor to do everything and decide to do the same thing for the US release.
    Something funny about the Japanese voice actors is that the guy who voiced Big Boss in MGS4 (Chikao Ōtsuka) was the father of the voice actor of Old Snake (Akio Ōtsuka), which make the last scene of MGS4 much more emotional when you think about it (at least if we forgot the stupidity of the plot lol).

Oh god Aldo Ferro how could I forget this guy, what the hell was Hama thinking when he created this character and wrote this memory implants story lol.

That’s true, it’s always fun to see Bullseye get his ass kicked I still remember how American Eagle completely destroyed him during the Thunderbolts series by Ellis lol.

That's an interesting plot, it would have explained why the Old Man was brought to our universe storywise and gave Logan his old statu quo back. Of course I would prefered for the Old Man to continue his adventures in the wastelands (without the wastleands I think the Old Man loses 50% of his appeal) but merging the two of them could have lead to some interesting storylines and retcon all those origin stories, so good job on this scenario!

Speaking about the Hunt, one thing that disappointed me was the lack of characters close to Wolverine such as Maverick, Deadpool, Captain America, Mariko, Seraph, Melita, Wraith (not sure if he's still alive after what Hellverine did to him) or even the Old Man. Another thing was the fact that all the characters that were involved had more development than Logan itself which is disappointing.

At least it seems that Marvel is getting rid off of all those "Wolverines" copycats, now I just hope Logan's new statu quo will be closer to how he was portrayed before Origin/House Of M/Origins. I'm not sure if they're going to retcon the Origin mini and the whole James Howlett thing, I just hope that when Logan will be introduced in the MCU they will ignore it.
    Just say his name is Logan (James Howlett was just a nickname he used during his spying days), his main power is his healing factor (which as a side effect enhances his senses and his physical abilities), he's a veteran who fought alongside Cap during WWII and the Weapon X project are the ones who gave him the claws.

In a way that would differentiate him from the Fox Wolverine and maybe influence the comics division to retcon all the nonsense they allowed Loeb/Way/Jemas to write since 2001.

spoilers:
    Yeah I still want the Wendigo to be in but it seems unlikely at this point. Brent would make the perfect suspect especially after his fight with the Bear and the fact that he’s crazy, but it seems too easy I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a red herring too and the real killer is someone else from this crazy family.
    end of spoilers

So true

Ah nice pics! Never fist bump Wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, didn't knew about that, but yeah, makes sense, Voice Actor are a lot more difficult to remplace in Japan, i still.wonder who is going to be the next Bulma, ofr if she is just going ro dissapear from the plot almost completly. I still headcanon that Ocelot just got tired of the british accent lol.

Ha, that's a nice detail, make the whole thing nicer, even if Big Boss wasn't exactly father of the year, just pretend that the nanomachines explained everything and we would be alrigth lol.

I wonder if anyone actually remembers him, because man he was such an strange characther, maybe Soule would make him the actual mastermind of Logan's weird backstory .

spoilers:
    I'm suspecting of the father personally
    end of spoilers

Fist bumping a Wolverine is a matter of life or death!!!!!!.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-14-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Ah, didn't knew about that, but yeah, makes sense, Voice Actor are a lot more difficult to remplace in Japan, i still.wonder who is going to be the next Bulma, ofr if she is just going ro dissapear from the plot almost completly. I still headcanon that Ocelot just got tired of the british accent lol.

Ha, that's a nice detail, make the whole thing nicer, even if Big Boss wasn't exactly father of the year, just pretend that the nanomachines explained everything and we would be alrigth lol.

I wonder if anyone actually remembers him, because man he was such an strange characther, maybe Soule would make him the actual mastermind of Logan's weird backstory .

spoilers:
    I'm suspecting of the father personally
    end of spoilers

Fist bumping a Wolverine is a matter of life or death!!!!!!.
    I think they already replaced Bulma's voice actress with Aya Hisakawa, she sounds really similar to Hiromi Tsuru (not 100% similar of course). But yeah Ocelot might have been bored of that british accent or we can just say it's all the fault of the nanomachines!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm not even sure if he was referenced again after the Sabretooth mini but to be honest the whole story has been ignored by many writers especially the Silver Fox plot but who knows maybe he could appear during Return of Wolverine maybe not as a mastermind but as one of Soteira goons lol.

spoilers:
    Yeah the father is really strange too but to be honest it seems the whole family is really messed up lol
    end of spoilers

Fist bumping a Wolverine is really a dangerous game

Another WIP from Return of Wolverine by Declan Shalvey:

source: https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...85730775633927

I think they already replaced Bulma's voice actress with Aya Hisakawa, she sounds really similar to Hiromi Tsuru (not 100% similar of course). But yeah Ocelot might have been bored of that british accent or we can just say it's all the fault of the nanomachines!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm not even sure if he was referenced again after the Sabretooth mini but to be honest the whole story has been ignored by many writers especially the Silver Fox plot but who knows maybe he could appear during Return of Wolverine maybe not as a mastermind but as one of Soteira goons lol.

spoilers:
    Yeah the father is really strange too but to be honest it seems the whole family is really messed up lol
    end of spoilers

Fist bumping a Wolverine is really a dangerous game
    That's good to know, hopefully she can do a good job, it must be a hard to remplace something that lasted that long. Well as Amstrong said "Nanomachines, son" .

That Sabretooth mini was fun, althougth Texeira went a little too abstract for my taste sometimes, but it was fun, cool to see Logan in smoking too. I believe 2 things migth happen when ROW is over, Logan either doesn't regain all his memories from his past bur remember most of what he lives before dying wicth again bring the opportunity for retcons in his backstory, or they do to him what Fraction did to Iron Man after Civil War, Logan doesn't remember anything after House of M and he comes bacl in a more classic status quo.

BANNED

I think Arthur Adam's anger look was better than Declan Shalvey's grumpy . I am not a fan of this type of emotion(grumpy) i must say

I think Arthur Adam's anger look was better than Declan Shalvey's grumpy . I am not a fan of this type of emotion(grumpy) i must say

Cool pic biswaboxz

BANNED

I don't knw why but Marvel should have included Logan among the top 10 martial artists . Hell he even challenged Iron Fist and Shanchi and overwhelmed them in two fights . I have never much considered him among top x-men whether he was there or not , i don't care .
    I think it's very much underrated

Do fans disagree with me ? I really wanted to know ..........