Page 1 of 138 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Logan: Wolverine Appreciation 2018

Since the original thread is closed by admin, lets start this one like suggested!

EDIT: I added the Link to the original thread, like TheCape suggested.
    Previous discussions can be found here:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....e-appreciation

Adding the link to the original thread in case that any other lurker wants to go into the same process that i did

Last edited by Gylfie; 08-05-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Since the original thread is closed by admin, lets start this one like suggested!

Wait how’d the other one get closed. Wolverine fans worked hard to get the original up to the page count it was at.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Wait how’d the other one get closed. Wolverine fans worked hard to get the original up to the page count it was at.
    I know. But that is exactly the reason why it got closed. Admin closed all the threads with high counts. Damn all for nothing!!
    For an explanation look at Matt's post in the OG Thread please. But I think it did not work!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-05-2018 at 05:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I know. But that is exactly the reason why it got closed. Admin closed all the threads with high counts. Damn all for nothing!!
    For an explanation look at Matt's post in the OG Thread please. But I think it did not work!
    Yeah, I'm dubious. Those threads have had hundreds of pages for a while now, and the forum performance issues are VERY recent.

Pitty than this happened, but well, hopefully things can be fixed.

Back to Logan, i just read the first 4 issues of Wolverine: The Best That There Is by Charles Huston and i' hook, the first issue was okish for me, but it has gotten better and better as i continued to read it.

But back to Logan. I'm a Wolverine fan, yet he made so many appearances in miniseries, and then after he joined the Avengers that I couldn't keep track of them all. I simply couldn't afford to buy them all. If I were to try and discuss Logan, my knowledge of him has become so small that I would look like a fool for not knowing some fact that is obvious to everyone else. What would a fan say are his most essential Logan stories since 2001 are. I still wont be able to get them all, and I wouldn't be able to post in his appreciation thread with my lack of knowledge, but at least I would have some stories to read
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-05-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks for the new thread GylT'Nav

Pitty than this happened, but well, hopefully things can be fixed.

Back to Logan, i just read the first 4 issues of Wolverine: The Best That There Is by Charles Huston and i' hook, the first issue was okish for me, but it has gotten better and better as i continued to read it.
    That book is so crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    But back to Logan. I'm a Wolverine fan, yet he made so many appearances in miniseries, and then after he joined the Avengers that I couldn't keep track of them all. I simply couldn't afford to buy them all. If I were to try and discuss Logan, my knowledge of him has become so small that I would look like a fool for not knowing some fact that is obvious to everyone else. What would a fan say are his most essential Logan stories since 2001 are. I still wont be able to get them all, and I wouldn't be able to post in his appreciation thread with my lack of knowledge, but at least I would have some stories to read
    Since 2001:

Solo books:

- Wolverine vol. 2 #159-176 & 181-185 by Frank Tieri (#173-176 might be one of my favourite Wolverine story ever)
    - Wolverine vol.3 #1-19 by Greg Rucka
    - Wolverine vol.3 #20-32 by Mark Millar
    - Wolverine vol.3 #66-72 + Wolverine Giant Size Old Man Logan by Mark Millar
    - Wolverine Weapon X vol.1 #1-16 by Jason Aaron
    - Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1-6 by Jason Aaron
    - Wolverine vol.3 #73-74 (backup only) by Jason Aaron
    - Old Man Logan vol.2 #1-50 + annual #1 by Jeff Lemire & Ed Brisson

Team books:

- New X-Men vol.1 #114-154 + annual 2001 by Grant Morrison (New X-Men #148 is a must)
    - Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #1-35 + 5.1 + 19.1 by Rick Remender
    - Weapon X Vol.2 #1-28 + The Draft one-shots by Frank Tieri (Wolverine is not a member of this team but he's featured a lot in the serie)

Alternate Universe:

- Ultimate X-Men #1-65 by Millar, Bendis & Vaughan but if you need to read only one issue Ultimate X-Men vol.1 #41 by Bendis is a must
    - Ultimate War #1-4 by Millar
    - Exiles Vol.1 #85-86 by Tony Bedard
    - Ultimate Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk #1-6 by Damon Lindelof

Other:

- Deadpool Vol 3 #15-19 by Duggan & Posehn

Feel free to ask any questions about the Ol' Canucklehead in this thread
    Last edited by Hush; 08-05-2018 at 09:52 AM.

I would add X-Treme X-Men vol 1 20-30 by Claremont and Larroca, Wolverine wasn't a member of the team but he has nice interactions with Storm, who was wounded in a previous arc and Logan takes care of her.

The Wolverine/Jubilee mini by Immonen and X-Men vol 4 #4 by Brian Wood is also a good if you want to know more about his bond with Jubilee.

Edit: Warning, be carefull of any Wolverine story that is written by Way or Loeb, they are trash, but sadly they are important for the characther as he was defined Post-House of M.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-05-2018 at 10:18 AM.

That book is so crazy*
    In the best way

Has anyone heard of any new news about the OML Vol 2 motion comic or when Wolverine: The Long Night will be available for everyone?

@GylT'Nav: thanks for starting this up

I would add X-Treme X-Men vol 1 20-30 by Claremont and Larroca, Wolverine wasn't a member of the team but he has nice interactions with Storm, who was wounded in a previous arc and Logan takes care of her.

The Wolverine/Jubilee mini by Immonen and X-Men vol 4 #4 by Brian Wood is also a good if you want to know more about his bond with Jubilee.

Edit: Warning, be carefull of any Wolverine story that is written by Way or Loeb, they are trash, but sadly they are important for the characther as he was defined Post-House of M.
    I lost interest in X-Treme X-Men after issue #24 (I did like Mekanix though), the whole God Loves Man Kills II story never made any sense for me (especially the Stryker/Deathstrike relationship which was really inspired by the X2 movie) but I do agree that Logan's interactions with Ororo were nice.

Agree about the Wolverine/Jubilee and the Wood story, both were really good but I always mixed them up lol. I also liked the Wolverine First Class vol.1 #1-2 story with Logan and Kitty.

And yeah Daniel Way, Jeph Loeb and Paul Cornell are the three worst Wolverine writers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Has anyone heard of any new news about the OML Vol 2 motion comic or when Wolverine: The Long Night will be available for everyone?

@GylT'Nav: thanks for starting this up

From Twitter :

"Just an excerpt of the Old Man Logan graphic novel was recorded, one page only"

source: https://twitter.com/thatfilmstew/sta...40172153122816

I don't think there was any plan to release a full motion comics unfortunately

About The Long Night, I have no idea I still haven't listened to it yet but from what I understand you can listen to the whole thing for free during one month if you enter the code "MARVEL" on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I lost interest in X-Treme X-Men after issue #24 (I did like Mekanix though), the whole God Loves Man Kills II story never made any sense for me (especially the Stryker/Deathstrike relationship which was really inspired by the X2 movie) but I do agree that Logan's interactions with Ororo were nice.

Agree about the Wolverine/Jubilee and the Wood story, both were really good but I always mixed them up lol. I also liked the Wolverine First Class vol.1 #1-2 story with Logan and Kitty.

And yeah Daniel Way, Jeph Loeb and Paul Cornell are the three worst Wolverine writers ever.

From Twitter :

"Just an excerpt of the Old Man Logan graphic novel was recorded, one page only"

source: https://twitter.com/thatfilmstew/sta...40172153122816

I don't think there was any plan to release a full motion comics unfortunately

About The Long Night, I have no idea I still haven't listened to it yet but from what I understand you can listen to the whole thing for free during one month if you enter the code "MARVEL" on their website.
    X-Treme X-Men (man even for comic book standards, that tittle is silly lol) never did a lot for me, but always recommend stories that show that Logan is not a brooding anti-hero 24/7 and does indeed have a caring side, it feel that too often people forget that, besides althought Claremont return to X-titles was far from perfect, i always felt that he did a decent job with Logan as a supporting character.

Lol First Class is pretty fun, especially that issue when Logan is writing to Mariko and Kitty is trying to ask him for a favor.

Adding the link to the original thread in case that any other lurker wants to go into the same process that i did

That's a great idea, should I put your post into my first post as a quote?
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-05-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thanks for the new thread GylT'Nav

Team books:

- New X-Men vol.1 #114-154 + annual 2001 by Grant Morrison (New X-Men #148 is a must)
    - Uncanny X-Force vol.1 #1-35 + 5.1 + 19.1 by Rick Remender
    - Weapon X Vol.2 #1-28 + The Draft one-shots by Frank Tieri (Wolverine is not a member of this team but he's featured a lot in the serie)
    Your welcome!

I am reading comics since ANAD. I started with OML by Jeff Lemiere and the amazing Andrea Sorrentino.
    I also started to read OG Wolverine back issues and became quickly a fan of OG Logan too.
    I focused on his solos.

So thank you for your team book suggestions!