Page 132 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am sorry but i can't recall that particular scan that u shared , can u pls tell where is that from ?
    Sure, it's from the mini-serie Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted by Aaron/Latour. Funnily enough, Wolverine used the hot claws during this story lol:

Logan also fought against a ninja cook:

Just one thing to note though, this mini was first released as a digital series and it reads better that way especially since the digital version featured some nice effects, you can see a preview here:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I see, that's some long term planning.
    Sure is. It might suggest the plan was to reveal Madelyne Pryor as a clone all along too.

Thank you for the detailed informations, it’s really interesting!
    YW.

Hooray my nitpicking has finally paid off Thanks for your help!
    YW x 2

Thanks for the reminder I forgot about the Sinister's android thing from X-Men Forever, you know it's funny but when I started reading the X-Men I always thought that Sinister's red diamond on his forehead was really similar to the solar jewel of Vision, maybe that wasn't for the exact same purpose but maybe it was also a clue he wasn't really human. Of course that was before all the revelations about his past lol.
    Wait until you read my blog's fix for "…Mister Sinister's origin?" I think you'll be happy. Remember when Mister Sinister was first introduced, it was like a painted tattoo on his forehead and chest, not a ruby diamond as it became later.

Exodus as the third Summers brother? Now things are even more crazy than I thought with this plotline lol, Harras had some strange ideas when you think about it. Not a fan of Adam X, but honestly it can’t be worse than Vulcan and that terrible Deadly Genesis story.
    Well Brubaker's effort just made the Shi'ar equivalent to Spock's race which was weak sauce. Exodus as D’Ken's son with Katherine Summers might have been much more interesting than what we got (I mean mutant from the crusades, seriously). Speaking of Katherine, did you ever note her full name "Katherine Anne" immediately brings to mind Katherine Anne Pryde? And given Kitty was being groomed to become Sat-Yr-9, might she go back in time and…

To be honest Gambit as the third brother would have worked for me.
    Gambit was meant to be young Nate's clone, and if we're going to talk time travel, was "not growing up" going to be Scott and Madelyne’s son’s power, he would go back in time instead of to the future and punish his father for what happened to his mother by imprisoning him in the orphanage and ensuring he would be born by matching him with her? So Gambit is effectively Scott’s son all grown up.

Well, if I’m not mistaken something similar happened to Nathaniel Richards but who knows maybe Essex found something interesting up there.
    Was that during DeFalco's Fantastic Four run? What happened?

Cosmic Sinister would be scary but Cosmic Shadow King is on a whole another level, not sure if the X-Men could stopped him without some cosmic power of their own.
    Sinister came to be working for Khan in X-Men: The End, so went slightly cosmic.
    Speaking of the Shadow King, I always found this vilain fascinating during the Claremont's run.
    Me too!

I managed to glean quite a bit from Claremont in my interview with him about the unpublished Shadow King Saga. Firstly, the Muir Island Saga was NOT the end of Chris's story but rather a stepping stone to a much more ambitious tale.

He planned for Magneto to return to the island to stop the Shadow King, but the X-Men would not succeed in liberating the island.

He threw back the question asking why fans had never considered that Colossus might still be possessed by the King when he ripped out Wolverine's claws

Charley would NOT have been crippled again in UXM #280, but would return to the wheelchair after the initial salvo against the Shadow King as he triggers his "mutant burnout".

The Shadow King would have gone back into hiding after his setback, but was assembling even more pawns.

The Reavers would have fallen under his control, as Reaver leader Donald Pierce would be revealed to be under the Shadow King's control all along.

The Hellfire Club would further be revealed as founded by the Shadow King, Emma Frost, Selene, and Sebastian Shaw all revealed his pawns, hinted at in Excalibur #21-22 (but some members like Tessa remaining mysteriously beyond his reach).

Senator Robert Kelly would begin his anti-mutant Presidential bid in 1992 (the election year) because of the death of his wife in Uncanny X-Men #247. The X-Men would secretly protect him for fear of his assassination launching the dreaded "Days of Future Past".

Reisz and Valerie Cooper now in the White House, the King begins using them as his keys into the President's home, manoeuvring them to assassinate the President of the United States, at the same moment that Robert Kelly is killed thereby triggering a worldwide holocaust on mutants.

Chris wanted to stack the cards so heavily in SK's favour, that it would take nearly every living X-Man alive to stop him.

We would learn that Professor X's son David is the focal point of his hold on Earth, Legion's multiple personalities making it difficult to free him from possession.

However, his plans begin to unravel as his biggest mistake is revealed that Valerie Cooper never assassinated Mystique at all, the whole time it was the blue-skinned shapeshifter posing as Cooper. Right before Jacob Reisz is to assassinate POTUS, Raven changes shape from Valerie Cooper and blows his head clean off.

At that same point, Tessa within the Hellfire Club reveals herself to have never been under the King's control, but Charles's spy. She battles Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, and other Hellfire Club members and defeats them all, temporarily disconnecting the King's power over them.

At this same instant, Magneto and Charles Xavier and the X-Men land on Muir Island to confront the Shadow King. He has taken possession of Legion, and the island is once again the epicentre for the confrontation.

In the end, while the X-Men battle the Reavers, other Hellfire Club members and Muir Island Mutates, Magneto and Xavier go in for the kill. David Haller would perish, and so would Charles, gravelly wounded in the massive battle, Magneto left to return to the X-Mansion in a wheelchair where he would become headmaster to a group of New Mutants. As White Queen to Magneto's White King, Emma Frost would return to the mansion to assist him in setting up the "new" school, at which point he would reveal she had always been evil. Using Ororo and Kitty she would destabilise the school, at which point Mister Sinister would "arrive" to perform his "coup" and rename it the "Summers School of Mutants" which would enable him to set things right and take his family back from Charles Xavier. Never trust a horse killer – there endeth the lesson

And so the primary X-Men would continue to operate out of Outback Australia, and Gateway would step forth as the new "Professor X".

Yeah the Neverland name makes sense when you know the history behind Nate/Mister Sinister so maybe Tieri was really influenced by Claremont’s original ideas for some parts of his run lol.
    Maybe!

Could make sense regarding their names, since I don't think Magneto’s real name was ever referenced before Chris wrote Uncanny X-Men.
    I wish Chris revealed the real names he originally intended for Magneto and Sabretooth.

So Xavier was protecting them from being experimented on by Sinister? That could be cool, so maybe Sinister could have had a hand in Brian’s death, since he was disturbing his plans? Or maybe Apocalypse is also involved in all of that?
    The State Home for Foundlings was inspired for Chris by the Orphan Train history hence why he established it as being located in Nebraska. "The blood" Sam Guthrie's family "paid for in part" as a result of the Harlan County War of the 1930s. Chris knew his history, that’s for sure.

Astonishing Member

I think the one aspect of logans retun that's the closest to being universally liked is hes in brown and tan.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Have u read Millar's Old Man Logan ? Did u liked it ?
    No, but I’ve read Millar’s other Wolverine work, and did not care for it. Not a fan of Millar’s writing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It depends on what type of stories you're looking for out of a Wolverine book. OML was very much a brawler book, big scale and big consequences. ANW was more along the lines of Wolverine trying to atone for her sins in the past, a much more personal tale. I personally preferred OML as I didn't really care for how Taylor wrote Laura.
    Not a fan of either character, but OML has a resurrected Mariko, where ANW has Daken. Conflicted. Also, I’ve onlr read the recent material in books like X-Men Red, and X-Men Gold. I haven’t read any of their other adventures, so who knows how I’ll chsnge my mind regarding them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    No, but I’ve read Millar’s other Wolverine work, and did not care for it. Not a fan of Millar’s writing.
    Not a fan of either character, but OML has a resurrected Mariko, where ANW has Daken. Conflicted. Also, I’ve onlr read the recent material in books like X-Men Red, and X-Men Gold. I haven’t read any of their other adventures, so who knows how I’ll chsnge my mind regarding them.
    Then I think I should advice u to read All-New Wolverine . Daken has made quite a significance on All-New Wolverine unlike Mariko who made an appearance of not more than one arc .
    Millar's works are more or less , violent and brutal , from the likes of Ultimates to Old Man Logan . And this type of tonal background has been continued on Lemire's Old Man Logan. So imo I don't think Lemire's run would be not good for u to read .

Then I think I should advice u to read All-New Wolverine . Daken has made quite a significance on All-New Wolverine unlike Mariko who made an appearance of not more than one arc .
    Millar's works are more or less , violent and brutal , from the likes of Ultimates to Old Man Logan . And this type of tonal background has been continued on Lemire's Old Man Logan. So imo I don't think Lemire's run would be not good for u to read .
    Thanks! I’m sure I’ll enjoy both titles on their own merits. Especially if they flesh these characters out more. If not, I’m sure my nephew will enjoy OML when he gets older (he just turned 7).
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Thanks! I’m sure I’ll enjoy both titles on their own merits. Especially if they flesh these characters out more. If not, I’m sure my nephew will enjoy OML when he gets older (he just turned 7).
    I am not sure that u should give ur nephew to read OML either lol . It is not T+ rated comics , it's more or less falls under Matured or Adult rated category . It's dark and brutal .

BANNED

Old Man Logan is a different character with comparison to Wolverine . If u want i can give u spoilers .

Astonishing Member

Marvel's 80th Anniversary variants by Phil Noto:

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/43128-phil...-variants.html
    Very cool.
    It could have Dracula,Man Thing,Shang-Chi,Howard the Duck but other than that the art is amazing.

Marvel's 80th Anniversary variants by Phil Noto:

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/43128-phil...-variants.html
    New phone wallpaper
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Old Man Logan is a different character with comparison to Wolverine . If u want i can give u spoilers .
    Sure, why not. Like I said, my only exposure to him has been through Gold, and Guggenheim’s writing was garbage.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Sure, why not. Like I said, my only exposure to him has been through Gold, and Guggenheim’s writing was garbage.
    In Millar's OML , Logan killed the X-Men under Mysterio's influence on an Apocalyptic World where heroes lost to villains . And that guilt leads him to make a decision , to never pop out his claws . He lived a family life for 50 yrs ........

In Millar's OML , Logan killed the X-Men under Mysterio's influence on an Apocalyptic World where heroes lost to villains . And that guilt leads him to make a decision , to never pop out his claws . He lived a family life for 50 yrs ........
    Oh. I already knew that. Also, I lied. I forgot I also read stories with him in Weapon X.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-15-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

Oh. I already knew that. Also, I lied. I forgot I also read stories with him in Weapon X.
    So if u knew about this then i guess u it's generally not needed to have any doubts of reading either ANW or OML . I mean general consensus about Millar's Works is that they are dark , brutal and Post Secret Wars's OML fall into the same grounds as Millar's Wolverine .