Page 134 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh, he just has claws and a Logan cut? Damn, that's confusing.
    Yeah it can be really confusing, there was another character called Shiv who almost had the same look as Logan and Owl:

Maybe the haircut is a clue and Marvel will reveal that Logan, Owl and Shiv are all related just like what Byrne did with Norman Osborn and William Baker/Flint Marko during Chapter One:

lol

BANNED

I have mixed feelings about the solicitations . I am whatsoever not sure that I am going to pick up any x-comics related Wolverine , especially Soule's Vigil even if it says that it's related to horror .
    I am going to read Infinity Watch , Dead Man Logan , Hulkverines and Long Night and as Hush said , it depends on how Brisson is going maintain his DML run .

Apart from this it looks like Logan is going get his hands full with Super Skrull , not sure what does it means can easily defeat with PF . I am quite excited for Hulkverines ,since the writer is Greg Pak and seeing The Leader get involved makes it more enticing .
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-18-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah it can be really confusing, there was another character called Shiv who almost had the same look as Logan and Owl:

Maybe the haircut is a clue and Marvel will reveal that Logan, Owl and Shiv are all related just like what Byrne did with Norman Osborn and William Baker/Flint Marko during Chapter One:
    That might solve the problem but make it all seem really weird at the same time. Also, considering Shiv is the only non-animal, he should change his name.

Overall, it looks like next year is going to be pretty good for Wolverine. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Cyke in Uncanny. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

Man...Soule on Wolverine is a hard pass moving forward.

If there are two Wolverines running around, this whole thing will be a hard pass. What's with Marvel's inability to write a structured, coherent and long form story?

How can you mismanage this return story so bad? It doubly hurts because it's Wolverine and not some schmuck like Batman

lol
    Lol, i remember that twist in Byrne new origins, i thought i sounded like something that kid would think. Glad that everyone ignored it.

Also thanks for the solicits, i'm still in the same boat than you, Duggan and Percy had my attention. Uncanny is in wait and see for now.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Return of Wolverine #4 Variant by While Portacio:

Return of Wolverine #4 Variant by Chris Stevens:

My god did that cover just reveal the truth behind Hot Claws, he was actually Ghost Rider all along

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My god did that cover just reveal the truth behind Hot Claws, he was actually Ghost Rider all along
    Hmmm I never thought about that(even though i am not serious about this) . It kinda of sums behind his whole resurrection and his hot claws . Given Persephone's denial regarding any kind of precognition with respect to Logan's hotclaws .But at the same time , changing him into that kind of form(ghost rider) seems fallen out of continuity .

Either way I am really underwhelmed with Soule's run , so i am not sure if Soule is ever going to explain all of this within two issues and his hotclaws may remain as a mystery in the end

A clone all along wouldn't surprise me but the whole Goblin Queen thing from Inferno wasn't something I was very fond of.
    The better way Claremont could have sneakily resolved Jean's resurrection for X-Factor destroying his Madelyne was by revealing it as a Space Phantom with the villain manipulating being found in Jamaica Bay since you'll recall once he had synchronised to our "space" the person he copied got sent to Limbo. And what happened to Madelyne after "Jean"'s return?

Ah that's good to hear, I'm currently reading the article about the burglar and it's really fascinating! But yeah I know what's the next article I'm going to read!
    Enjoy (and comment)

Exodus as D’Ken's son could have been really interesting that's for sure, Exodus is one of those characters that has some much potential but unfortunately not a lot of writers know what to do with him which is a shame. I have to admit I never made that connection between them, but now that you mentioned it, that's something I will keep in mind when I will do my re-read of the Claremont's run.
    Well think of Exodus's original hair-do, facial markings and regal costume. It screams of Shi'ar.

So there was more time travel involved maybe?
    Not necessarily. Harras didn’t initially intend him to be from that far back in the past.

That would explain his characterization during Claremont's original run but after Rachel and Kitty that's a lot of time travel when you think about it lol. But seriously Gambit's characterization during Chris's run and during the Nicieza/Lobdell is really different.
    Well if Gambit was Nathan Christopher, time-flying is a Summers/ Grey talent

Yeah it was during the first issue of Fantastic Four: Atlantis rising by Defalco. Basically while the Watcher was away, Nathaniel Richards invaded his citadel in order to steal some of his technologies. Inside Uatu's home, he tripped some alarms (it's even mentioned that Nathaniel's sophisticated armor is primitive in comparison to the Watcher's security system), which activated somekind of a sphere that created a powerful vacuum sucking in all objects into it (Nathaniel included).
    SMH. Recall too DeFalco began hinting at him being Cable.

Thanks for all these informations, I knew about the Colossus/Wolverine fight (I read about it on http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.com), and it's funny but according to Brian Cronin, Chris secretly wrote 2 issues of X-Men and one issue of Uncanny X-Men before his official return and two of those issues happened to be a fight between a brainwashed Wolverine and the X-Men.
    You’re welcome.

Not as dramatic as the original plan, that's for sure.
    So very frustrating the original Dark Wolverine Saga was aborted/blocked.

But yeah the original plans with the Shadow King and Sinister sounds really amazing and ambitious as you said, it would have raised the stakes and give the X-Men franchise a new and interesting status quo! If done well a lot of plotlines from his run could have ended perfectly, Magneto's story would have come full circle too. It would have been much better than what we got during the 90s but yeah with the X-Men's editors at the time, no way this story would have been greenlight unfortunately.
    True dat!

Me too! Maybe one day, and if Marvel can let him fix both Sabretooth and Wolverine at the same time that would be amazing too.
    I think there's very little hope.

Yeah that one is impressive, he did a good job here!
    I agree.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

According to Scott Lobdell, Exodus was always meant to be a Shi’ar/mutant hybrid. I had the chance to talk to him a few years ago, and we spoke about his tenure on the x-books for quite a long time, but I don’t think Kitty was meant to be Cyclops’ mother. She was a blonde.
    01E56AFD-F2F5-4DB7-9D57-25300E120344.jpg
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-18-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Thank you Hush for posting the solicits!
    I am mostly interested in The Long Night comic adaptation.
    I am unsure about Wolverine: Infinity Watch because I am torn about the Phoenix Wolverine stuff and I am not a fan of two Wolverines running around, it seems to be a fun ride, though. So I 'll give it a change.
    I am also unsure about Uncanny, I think it depends how Logan and his relationship to Scott is written. So I'll wait for issue #12 and decide based on this issue. #11 is just to expensive for an experiment. Maybe Uncanny will be a trade wait then.
    I don't trust Soule on Wolverine after what I have seen so far, so the MCP, while interesting, is a wait and see. I will get the first issue and decide after I read it.
    Hulkverines is clearly a wait and see and is a trade wait for sure.
    I am still unshure wether I get the Dead Man Logan trade or not.
    I think most published modern stories are better read in trades. So that is what I' am going to do, if the characters involved are not an absolute favorite if mine, like I am doing now with Laura, Immortal Hulk and Venom, or if I am unshure about a story or writer.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

You should be buying Immortal Hulk monthly. It’s that good. Ewing is the best thing to happen to Marvel in years.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

I have just read DML #2 . It was nice(not impressive) but OML has his hands full with the arrival of some bigger opponents . It looks likes it would take a while to finish the Mysterio problem . I have a bad feeling about this but nevertheless i will wait for the next issue .

Is that OML on the Return of Wolverine #4 cover?
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Is that OML on the Return of Wolverine #4 cover?
    Nah, that's probably Sabretooth

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

When does the next RoW drop? By the way definitely annoyed how tight and quick Cyclops return has been vs the anticlimactic mess that is Logan’s return.