Page 128 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2066
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

That Juggernaut/Wolverine issue is one of my favorites from the Kubert era.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

How was Old Man Logan? I just found out Mariko was the Scarlet Samurai, and I’m compelled to buying that arc, but because the devil cursed me as a completionist, I’m probably going to be forced to buy the whole thing. Is Silver Fox back as well? Silver & Mariko being Logan’s greatest love interests for me, I’m a sucker for their resurrections.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Cowboy Wolverine FTW!!!

What is this first image from?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How was Old Man Logan? I just found out Mariko was the Scarlet Samurai, and I’m compelled to buying that arc, but because the devil cursed me as a completionist, I’m probably going to be forced to buy the whole thing. Is Silver Fox back as well? Silver & Mariko being Logan’s greatest love interests for me, I’m a sucker for their resurrections.
    Lemire's run was a bit better than Brisson's run, IHMO. As for Silver Fox, no, she's still dead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they resurrect her soon, lol. I do recommend the OML book, but I would go with Lemire's run first, unless you want to see Mariko's resurrection right off the bat go with Brisson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What is this first image from?
    Astonishing Tales: Wolverine/Punisher

Kenneth Rocafort's art is awesome in that story. I do liked the villains in that story. I won't spoil who are the villains on that story. But I'll put spoilers below in case you want to know, and I guess one good guys:

spoilers:
    Villains: Viper, Kimura, and Predator X. Good guy or gal is Tyger Tiger.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Lemire's run was a bit better than Brisson's run, IHMO. As for Silver Fox, no, she's still dead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they resurrect her soon, lol. I do recommend the OML book, but I would go with Lemire's run first, unless you want to see Mariko's resurrection right off the bat go with Brisson's run.
    I’ll probably get the whole thing. I’m not the biggest Wolverine fan, but I pick up a lot of his stuff because he’s my nephew’s favorite character, he’s even named Logan after the character, and my nephew is getting my collection when he gets older. Anyway, I wasn’t getting anything Wolverine until just recently, but finding out Mariko came back in this run, I’ll probably pick it all up. Good to know Lemire’s run was good. His Extraordinary was awful.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

Astonishing Tales: Wolverine/Punisher

Kenneth Rocafort's art is awesome in that story. I do liked the villains in that story. I won't spoil who are the villains on that story. But I'll put spoilers below in case you want to know, and I guess one good guys:

spoilers:
    Villains: Viper, Kimura, and Predator X. Good guy or gal is Tyger Tiger.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the heads up. I just read the 6 issues and it was a fun read. The art was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ll probably get the whole thing. I’m not the biggest Wolverine fan, but I pick up a lot of his stuff because he’s my nephew’s favorite character, he’s even named Logan after the character, and my nephew is getting my collection when he gets older. Anyway, I wasn’t getting anything Wolverine until just recently, but finding out Mariko came back in this run, I’ll probably pick it all up. Good to know Lemire’s run was good. His Extraordinary was awful.
    Lemire had one arc in particular that I thought was fantastic. It was OML vs the Brood and it was basically a what if Logan was the star of the movie Alien. There is a little more to it that I don't want to give away but it was creepy as heck and seriously one of the best OML stories ever written imho.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Lemire had one arc in particular that I thought was fantastic. It was OML vs the Brood and it was basically a what if Logan was the star of the movie Alien. There is a little more to it that I don't want to give away but it was creepy as heck and seriously one of the best OML stories ever written imho.
    So that’s two recommendations for Lemire’s run also. It looks like I’ll be picking up the whole series. Thanks, everyone. I’ll let you know how I feel about it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Smiles

Yeah his Uncanny X-Men run with Claremont and his Wolverine's run with Hama are his best works in my opinion.
    His Uncanny X-Men work with Claremont is up there as #1, and yep Wolverine run #2 (the work was a little more scratchy so not quite as polished as Uncanny).

The irony is delicious on this one lol. "James Growlett" would have been a funny name but yeah the "Howlett" thing is just dumb and useless. SMH.
    Ha.

You mean the Sir Wulf/Man-Beast storyline? Thinking about it, it reminds me of this story where Logan fought against Man-Beast army during Wolverine first Class Vol.1 #3-4 and was made a knight of Wundagore by the High Evolutionary. During the same story Bova said that one of the tale-weaver told her that Logan reminded him of an old knight of Wundagore named "Gulo" who has evolved from a wolverine.
    The problem with the High Evolutionary's involvement is his procurement of animals from different continents. Did he have a smuggler he relied on to get exotic animals to him, or did he go on safari to procure them?

Funnily enough the High Evolutionary also mentioned that Wolverine possesses the strength of spirit that mark all of his creations, the only instincts he sees in Logan are knightly ones. Even the Man-Beast was shocked by Logan's rage not born from science but from nature and how Logan could be the perfect predator, even better than him.
    Logan being perceived equivalent to a knight would likely be due to his samurai training.

Maybe one day Marvel will create a big storyline linking Wolverine's history to the High Evolutionary, it could be interesting!
    See above.

Optimist: smiles:

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Love this news and love that Wolverine is front and center. The X-men are steadily making their way back into major games for Marvel. We saw that with Future Fight and Marvel Strike Force. I remember that when it first came out, Wolverine was the only mutant and the only X-man in Marvel Strike Force. That roster has since expanded a great deal. I hope we see the same thing with Ultimate Alliance 3.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Th€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon posted this in the upcoming-art-teases thread:
    Wolverine:The Long Night

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...38290525016064

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Th€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon posted this in the upcoming-art-teases thread:
    Wolverine:The Long Night

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...38290525016064
    Art looks pretty good . It looks more of a cartoon or animated adaptation though but i guess it can suit the type of comic they are adapting from podcast .Let's hope it has that that we are getting a dark or noir tone like the podcast .

Yeah that's when the Legend of the cooking theory was born!!!!! What a glorious day!!!!!

The legend will never die!!!!

Regarding Claremont, if I'm not mistaken he did another story recently in the Exterminated one shot with both Scott and Madelyne, I haven't read it so I can't comment on it but maybe he tried to salvage this storyline.

Yeah I won't blame Nicieza and Lobdell, sure some of their ideas weren't good at all (the whole Psylocke/Revanche storyline was a mess) but the X-Office during the 90s didn't give them a lot of freedom either. One thing I can say, is that the editors did a good job with AOA, even to this day I still thing it's in top 5 X-Men events.

The editors completely messed up Wolverine with that "noseless feral beast" nonsense though.

Ah that's good news, congrats on your new job! I hope everything will work out for you!

I think the original idea that Logan knows most of his past except, for how he got the adamantium skeleton and the claws, but don't talk about it was for the best, I was never a big fan of those memory implants stories but if Marvel could use them one last time to retcon Way/Loeb nonsense, I wouldn't mind lol.

I agree about Cornell, I'm sure he wanted to deconstruct Wolverine but in the end his run was an epic failure, that did more harm than good to the character. His whole run (25 issues) could have condensed in 6 issues easily especially when you see how Tieri did what Cornell/Soule did in just 4 issues and it was perfect!

Yeah she did a good job with Logan especially during the Classic X-Men series.

Glad to hear that, Conan FTW!!!!!

Yeah it could have been fun, thinking about it Creed's characterization as a criminal mastermind like during the Tieri's run or as a ruthless leader of the Hand during the Aaron's run and Japan Most Wanted is much more interesting than him as a henchman in my opinion. That's another thing Cornell ruined lol.

That's my headcanon as well or all this story was just a fever dream lol.
    The legend of Iron Chef Wolverine would never die!!! (until Onslaught at least lol)

He did it, it was just a retelling of Scott's origin and some Maddie/Scott stuff, but nothing bad, still is kind of weird that he doesn't see how strange that romance was (and i'm not even touching that time that she punched him...yikes). Honestly, i just don't want him to carry his Jean/Logan idea, mostly Logan just come across as someone with no self-respect or a huge creep, neither appeals to me.

If Loeb/Way stuff is erased i would be the happiest man on earth, c'mon Soule do it!, redeem yourself!!

I supposed that Logan was just going throught an edgy teen phase and was like "ughh.... i need more misery and pain my life, but what more could have i done?" and Romulus answered his pleas
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh, never expected it to be a Swicht exclusive, but hey if Sony can have Spider-Man...

I'm still a big fan of the first PS2 MUA, but i lost track of the franchise, never played the sequel.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This looks awesome! I don't have a console but apparently Marvel Alliance 1 & 2 were released on PC?? I want to track these games down

I always saw that period as Logan hitting a low point and just kind of wanting to die or letting himself go through so much pain because he hated himself. But him being a masochist holds up. I'm just glad it's over.
    Wolverine: Manifest Destiny implies the same thing, during the Utopia years, so you are not far off the mark here, his sensei even tells him that he regressed in his fighting style

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Hey Cowboy !!!!
    That looks awesome!!!1

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona