Page 49 of 138 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The more i think about it, more i believe that Soule could do great work in an elseworld tale for the Marvel Universe, it would fit him like a glove. Especially with his writting style, but i supposed that it doesn't pay as much, what did you think about his DC work?, i like Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing, but i admit that i wasn't the most versed in Guy Gardner and Alec Holland.

I don't know enougth about Bishop to have an strong opinion of the guy, but i never liked that plost twist, it feel really cheap and disrespectfull to his fans IMO. But speaking about other characthers, do you think that Marvel did that with Logan to an extent? (him being used as a prop or other being used as a prop for him).

Yeah, i thougth the same, but i guest that you could argue that X resembled a bit to the old school Xavier for the 60s when he was mindwhipping whole towns. I actually don't hate Fantomex either, i kind of dig dynamic with Logan over X-Force, but i have never been very passional about him, still i feel sad for his most passional fans (i know that they exist somwhere here lol), is never a fun thing to have then in limbo.

Thanks for the recommendation!!!.

Sad for the Inhumans, i' sure that a resurrected Inhuman/Hot Clawed Wolverine could have saved then . Still i hope that their franchise can get a revival at some point in better circumstances.

Lol, i think that Kurt knows based in that scen from Manifest Destiny by Aaron, so is probably among those lines

Kurt: So you and my m... eh Mr Darkholme...
    Logan: Elf, if you end that sentence i'm going to stab you.
    Kurt: Ok then..
    Logan: And to clear things up... we aren't related.
    Kurt: Oh thank god!!!
    So true, Soule could do some good work on an elseworld story if he doesn't mess up the ending like he did during the Secret Wars Civil War mini. I haven't finished his Swamp Thing yet, but from what I read it's really good I'm really impressed. I didn't read his Red Lanters run, I should try it someday, is it as good as his Swamp Thing run?
    One serie I aslo liked from Soule was his Thunderbolts, it was really great (despite the uneven art) and much better than the terrible Way's run.

Logan being used to prop up other characters and vice versa? I never liked that to be honest, if a writer needs to make a character looks like a fool or incompetent in order to prop up his "pet" character without any explanation that's just bad writing and that's something that happened too much in recent years in my opinion.

60s Xavier was such jerk lol but to be honest most of the Marvel characters were acting like crazy during the Silver Age. I always found most of the X-Men comics published before Claremont to be terrible (except for that Neal Adams run) and I always prefered Xavier's characterization during the Claremont's run or even during Lobdell's run.
    But I'm sure he won't stay in Limbo for long, same for Xavier being called X and inhabiting his body it's just temporary but yeah it might be good for Fantomex to take a break for a while, his characterization has been all over the places after the end of Remender's Uncanny X-Force unfortunately.

You're welcome!

I think the big problem with the Inhumans is that Marvel tried to turn them into the X-Men, it wasn't needed at all. They should have done a Game of Thrones type of story with them it could have been amazing and make them popular without butchering the X-Men franchise.

Lol poor Kurt, when you think that Graydon Creed is his half brother, Mystique his mother and Azazel his father. Family reunion must be fun for him

I feel that after House of M, Logan became a lot more self depreciative, by Aaron's you can pretty much see that he considers himself a monster and that whatever is waiting for him in the afterlife... he deserves it, maybe that's why he didn't care about being called an hypocrite or acting like one, hell is waiting for him anyway, what does it matter a sin like that more, is kind of depressing when you think about it.

Theory time is always best time . Sadly, bo sings of our cooking theory so far
    That's true it's really depressing and after finishing Aaron whole X-Men run, you could say that Logan's characterization that began with Origin has come full circle. It was an interesting experiment but I think now is the time to do a "factory reset" and bring back the Wolverine from before Origin and House of M. Logan really needs a good fresh start!

Never say never, the cooking theory is still alive and can still happen!!!!!!!

By the way speaking of Wolverine's revenge Marvel published an article about Logan's bad days:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=57303046

Maybe it's a sign of things to come...
    Last edited by Hush; 09-25-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    So true, Soule could do some good work on an elseworld story if he doesn't mess up the ending like he did during the Secret Wars Civil War mini. I haven't finished his Swamp Thing yet, but from what I read it's really good I'm really impressed. I didn't read his Red Lanters run, I should try it someday, is it as good as his Swamp Thing run?
    One serie I aslo liked from Soule was his Thunderbolts, it was really great (despite the uneven art) and much better than the terrible Way's run.

Logan being used to prop up other characters and vice versa? I never liked that to be honest, if a writer needs to make a character looks like a fool or incompetent in order to prop up his "pet" character without any explanation that's just bad writing and that's something that happened too much in recent years in my opinion.

60s Xavier was such jerk lol but to be honest most of the Marvel characters were acting like crazy during the Silver Age. I always found most of the X-Men comics published before Claremont to be terrible (except for that Neal Adams run) and I always prefered Xavier's characterization during the Claremont's run or even during Lobdell's run.
    But I'm sure he won't stay in Limbo for long, same for Xavier being called X and inhabiting his body it's just temporary but yeah it might be good for Fantomex to take a break for a while, his characterization has been all over the places after the end of Remender's Uncanny X-Force unfortunately.

You're welcome!

I think the big problem with the Inhumans is that Marvel tried to turn them into the X-Men, it wasn't needed at all. They should have done a Game of Thrones type of story with them it could have been amazing and make them popular without butchering the X-Men franchise.

Lol poor Kurt, when you think that Graydon Creed is his half brother, Mystique his mother and Azazel his father. Family reunion must be fun for him

That's true it's really depressing and after finishing Aaron whole X-Men run, you could say that Logan's characterization that began with Origin has come full circle. It was an interesting experiment but I think now is the time to do a "factory reset" and bring back the Wolverine from before Origin and House of M. Logan really needs a good fresh start!

Never say never, the cooking theory is still alive and can still happen!!!!!!!

By the way speaking of Wolverine's revenge Marvel published an article about Logan's bad days:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=57303046

Maybe it's a sign of things to come...
    That mini started so great but the end was just a bit laxking for me still Peter/MJ with a kid is always a great thing to see
    His Red Lantern is fun, he is the only writer that make me care about the title to be honest, is mostly about Guy Gardner but the others have a decent spotligth, althougth as i said before,.because i don't know much about Guy, is kind of hard for me to give it a fair judgement. Is not as good as Swamp Thing thougth, especially because it ends in the dissapointing Godhead croosover, but is worth a read. Being better than Way isn't exactly hard... but the book look interesting enougth so i would give it a try eventually.

Yeah is an annoying tactic, i think that many recent legacy characthers did that to an extent, althougth it wasn't as bad as some people say, Thoe probably got the worst deal in that regard.

Everyone was crazy in the 60s, Peter Parker has the makings of a serial killer in his first appearance, thank god for that thief that killed Uncle Ben, otherwise we would be doom!!!!. But yeah, it was a crazy time, Claremont Xavier wasn't a saint either and a massive jerkass sometimes, but at least CC balanced it better, i think that he hit a good middle point with it, Lodbell did mostly a good job... until the Onslaugth reveal lol.

Yeah, i wish that Marvel hasn't tried to push the Inhuman at the X-Men expense, i think that thwy are a neat concept at least, heard good things about Jenkins run about then. Also they gave us Kamala Khan, i can forgive then.

Poor Kurt, at least Sabretooth is not his dad, that would have been even weirder, then again he is adoptive family in the circus wasn't the best either lol.

Yup, i still appreciate Origins heavy handed as it was, but a reset button is probably for the best, especially after Way and Loeb. What other flaws do you think that Logan has BTW?.

I'm still wating for it dammit!!!.

Cool article actually, well Logan being hurt but beinf able to stand back no matter what life throw him is one of his most great traits in my opinion, a lesser man would have gave up a long time ago. Also didn't Soule say something about Logan not beung weitght down by the upcomming tragedy or something similar.

BANNED

Has a anyone read this review ?, it's not bad imo

https://www.cbr.com/review-return-of-wolverine-1/

I read Old Man Logan #48, i'm not going to spoil anything but man i think that the old man is definetly going senile or his deathwish came back, because his plan to confront Maestro was... less than stellar.

Also, X-Men Blue #36 has a nice showing for Jimmy, never cared much about him, but i liked the reference to what Logan did in the Jott wedding.

That mini started so great but the end was just a bit laxking for me still Peter/MJ with a kid is always a great thing to see
    His Red Lantern is fun, he is the only writer that make me care about the title to be honest, is mostly about Guy Gardner but the others have a decent spotligth, althougth as i said before,.because i don't know much about Guy, is kind of hard for me to give it a fair judgement. Is not as good as Swamp Thing thougth, especially because it ends in the dissapointing Godhead croosover, but is worth a read. Being better than Way isn't exactly hard... but the book look interesting enougth so i would give it a try eventually.

Yeah is an annoying tactic, i think that many recent legacy characthers did that to an extent, althougth it wasn't as bad as some people say, Thoe probably got the worst deal in that regard.

Everyone was crazy in the 60s, Peter Parker has the makings of a serial killer in his first appearance, thank god for that thief that killed Uncle Ben, otherwise we would be doom!!!!. But yeah, it was a crazy time, Claremont Xavier wasn't a saint either and a massive jerkass sometimes, but at least CC balanced it better, i think that he hit a good middle point with it, Lodbell did mostly a good job... until the Onslaugth reveal lol.

Yeah, i wish that Marvel hasn't tried to push the Inhuman at the X-Men expense, i think that thwy are a neat concept at least, heard good things about Jenkins run about then. Also they gave us Kamala Khan, i can forgive then.

Poor Kurt, at least Sabretooth is not his dad, that would have been even weirder, then again he is adoptive family in the circus wasn't the best either lol.

Yup, i still appreciate Origins heavy handed as it was, but a reset button is probably for the best, especially after Way and Loeb. What other flaws do you think that Logan has BTW?.

I'm still wating for it dammit!!!.

Cool article actually, well Logan being hurt but beinf able to stand back no matter what life throw him is one of his most great traits in my opinion, a lesser man would have gave up a long time ago. Also didn't Soule say something about Logan not beung weitght down by the upcomming tragedy or something similar.

So true Peter/MJ with a kid is always a great thing, also it was the second time we saw a Wolverine/Hulk hybrid lol. Thanks for the review, I will check this when I'm done with Swamp Thing. Yeah the bar was set low lol, but I thought it was interesting especially his characterization of Deadpool.

Yeah it happened a lot during the Legacy era or even during the New 52 (I still have nightmares of New 52 Lobo holding the real Lobo's head while saying he was just a pretender). Same thing during the Generations Wolverine one shot or each time Old Man Logan appeared during All New Wolverine unfortunately.
    Jane as Thor was great but yeah Aaron didn't need to turn Odin into a crazy jerk and OG Thor into a drunken idiot. In my opinion he should have scrapped that whole unworthy plot and just said that Thor "died" during his fight with the Beyonders during Time runs out but before his "death" he threw his hammer away in order to find someone worthy because the world needs a Thor.

Peter acting like a creep reminds me of that crazy story Morrison wanted to do:

"According to the webchat Morrison gave at Next Planet Over in 1999, the story was to begin with an attack by Mysterio, resulting in Spider-Man waking in a parallel world where Aunt May died and Peter never married."

"The Spider-Man of that world is a creepy, skinny Ditko guy, who lives on his own and is shunned by the neighbors." said Morrison, "He only comes alive when he's out on the rooftops leaping about and squirting jets of white stuff over everything. Freud would have loved the story as the creepy but ultimately decent Spider-Man meets his counterpart from a place where Peter married a supermodel and made lots of money. The story was based around that tension and the ultimate redemption of the creepy Ditko character. I'd do something different now."

source: https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...verse-b/marvel

It could have been fun lol.

I agree Kamala is such a great character and her team up with Logan was really funny!

Well the biggest flaw of Wolverine is the many characterizations he got along the years to the point you don't even know how the character is supposed to act anymore lol. But yeah sometimes Logan let his emotions cloud his judgement which lead him to act irrationally and create more problems than he solves.

It also doesn't help that Kurt dated his step-sister, really weird stuff.

Yeah, let's hope that's the case because I think we had enough stories with Logan crying about his past in recent years lol.

I read Old Man Logan #48, i'm not going to spoil anything but man i think that the old man is definetly going senile or his deathwish came back, because his plan to confront Maestro was... less than stellar.

Also, X-Men Blue #36 has a nice showing for Jimmy, never cared much about him, but i liked the reference to what Logan did in the Jott wedding.
    I just read it too and this issue was really disappointing and the perfect definition of average:

spoilers:
    I agree with you, I don't know what the Old Man was thinking, but damn he was really dumb and deserved that ass whooping. Also the Maestro stole one of Odin's hat and must be a fan of Negan lol.
    end of spoilers

One thing the art was great but it was really a lackluster issue. Let's hope the second issue will be better and that Brisson will finish this arc and the serie on a good note.

Regarding Blue, I really can't stand Jimmy's horrible Poison design (he looks like a reject from the 90s) but yeah that was a nice moment but honestly he should have been sent back to his reality already. With any luck he will be gone by the end of Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Has a anyone read this review ?, it's not bad imo

https://www.cbr.com/review-return-of-wolverine-1/

Nice review thanks for the link biswaboxz! I think my favourite review was this one by Jack Fisher:

https://www.popmatters.com/marvel-re...?rebelltitem=1

He really knows his stuff and I think he did a good job explaining what worked and what didn't work in this first issue.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-26-2018 at 02:01 PM.

BANNED

Just read OML #48 , first of all i didn't expect anything good from Brisson right now(until DML) and the issue was more like a filler ....I mean they could have easily made more panels for OML and Maestro and this issue was just a drag for me and nothing else .....I think maybe we could get something good from the last issue i.e #50 until then we can't expect anything less from Brisson except being an average writer

Just read OML #48 , first of all i didn't expect anything good from Brisson right now(until DML) and the issue was more like a filler ....I mean they could have easily made more panels for OML and Maestro and this issue was just a drag for me and nothing else .....I think maybe we could get something good from the last issue i.e #50 until then we can't expect anything less from Brisson except being an average writer
    Yeah unfortunately pacing has really been one of Brisson's problem on the serie and now that we're close to the end I hope he will at least try to end his run in a satisfactory manner. I just hope Dead Man Logan won't suffer from the same problems.

By the way as a bonus for buying a digital copy of Return of Wolverine before september 25th, I've just received a free code to download the Director's cut which include Soule's script and Mcniven's ink pages but there are also some nice informations in here. So let's get started

First line of the script to describe the first panel:

"It's Wolverine. The real one."

So maybe the Logan we're seeing is the real deal and this whole story really takes place in the real world. But speaking of the real world, Soule uses some quotation mark when using this word to describe what we see oustide of the prison scene so maybe there is more to it.

A few pages ago I asked if anyone knew who was the rocky/crystal guy wearing the Soteira uniform and lying dead on the floor on the first splash page. We finally know his identity, it's a morlock named Prism:

The leader of the killteam is named Zagreus. Soule described one of the guy in the jeep that Logan he's following as a very large guy, big, bulky basically looks like a bodybuilder, I'm not 100% sure if he's talking about Zagreus here though.
    Soule described the Berserker in almost the same way saying he looks very muscular but no Hulk size level but like someone who spends a lot of time lifting weights in the prison yards. Soule also mentioned that his claws have a very dull red cast to them like a piece of iron left in a fire for very long time (we don't see this red cast in this issue but maybe the berserker is connected to the hot claws).

The Omega Red we saw in this issue is not the classic one but the one from the Uncanny X-Force serie.

So Zagreus eh? The name was used for many things in the Greek Mythology. The God of the Underworld, a hunter catching living animals but there is also another version of the myth related to both Zeus and Persephone.
    In one version he was born from an incestuous affair between Zeus and Persephone because Zeus wanted an heir and have him reign all over the world. His birth angered Hera and as a result he was dismembered, cooked and ate by the Titans but some pieces of him (his heart mainly) were saved and thanks to Zeus and Semele (one of Zeus's mortal mistress) he was reassembled and was reborn.
    As a result he became known as Dionysus the "twice-born".

Of course it's just one version of the myth, but this one is interesting especially in regards to the events of Claws of A Killer.

If you think I missed something feel free to add any new info

Also episode 4 of The Long Night is available. Another great chapter and we get more insight about how people see Logan in this universe, he's basically a legendary figure.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-26-2018 at 05:00 PM.

BANNED

Yeah unfortunately pacing has really been one of Brisson's problem on the serie and now that we're close to the end I hope he will at least try to end his run in a satisfactory manner. I just hope Dead Man Logan won't suffer from the same problems.

By the way as a bonus for buying a digital copy of Return of Wolverine before september 25th, I've just received a free code to download the Director's cut which include Soule's script and Mcniven's ink pages but there are also some nice informations in here. So let's get started

First line of the script to describe the first panel:

"It's Wolverine. The real one."

So maybe the Logan we're seeing is the real deal and this whole story really takes place in the real world. But speaking of the real world, Soule uses some quotation mark when using this word to describe what we see oustide of the prison scene so maybe there is more to it.

A few pages ago I asked if anyone knew who was the rocky/crystal guy wearing the Soteira uniform and lying dead on the floor on the first splash page. We finally know his identity, it's a morlock named Prism:

The leader of the killteam is named Zagreus. Soule described one of the guy in the jeep that Logan he's following as a very large guy, big, bulky basically looks like a bodybuilder, I'm not 100% sure if he's talking about Zagreus here though.
    Soule described the Berserker in almost the same way saying he looks very muscular but no Hulk size level but like someone who spends a lot of time lifting weights in the prison yards. Soule also mentioned that his claws have a very dull red cast to them like a piece of iron left in a fire for very long time (we don't see this red cast in this issue but maybe the berserker is connected to the hot claws).

The Omega Red we saw in this issue is not the classic one but the one from the Uncanny X-Force serie.
    So this was pretty much straight forward in terms of reality or not????? ??? Can't really say about this or hot claws right now ......Btw which exact comic panel did Soule defined those words ??

And talking about Prism , he is one of the Maruaders who was working for Soteira that was shown on the corner of the panel of the 2nd page(which i actually didn't noticed) . But i am actually thinking it might not be coincidental given that Persephone had a connection with Sinister that was shown during AA ....

Btw when did Logan was following a jeep in comics ??

But thanks for this info

So this was pretty much straight forward in terms of reality or not????? ??? Can't really say about this or hot claws right now ......Btw which exact comic panel did Soule defined those words ??

And talking about Prism , he is one of the Maruaders who was working for Soteira that was shown on the corner of the panel of the 2nd page(which i actually didn't noticed) . But i am actually thinking it might not be coincidental given that Persephone had a connection with Sinister that was shown during AA ....

Btw when did Logan was following a jeep in comics ??

But thanks for this info
    The "real world" expression is used by Soule to differentiate the scene that takes place in Logan's mind (the first one where he meets Persephone and the Berserker after he got shot by Omega Red) to what's happening outside of Logan's mind. Also to make sure the readers understands that the prison scene takes place in Logan's mind, Soule wanted a certain filter to be used.

Yep hard to say what's the deal with Prism but since he was a marauder there might be a connection with Sinister and what happened in Adamantium Agenda.

The jeep? I'm not an expert on Army vehicles but I was referring to the army jeep driven by the Soteira soldiers that Logan's followed after he found the motorcycle. Soule called this vehicule an humvee though.

You're welcome

By the way another thing to note, during Death of Wolverine Soule used differents colored captions to represent pain (red), sounds (yellow) and scents (blue). This time around Soule still wants to use those colors but instead of caption he will use insets, that's why when Logan see the wound on his side the panel has a red tint (to show his pain).

The final inset Soule is going to use is called the "memory sense" (Sabretooth and Kitty flashback in the first issue) and use the same filter as the the scene in Logan's mind with Persephone.

Also I'm not sure if it was already posted but here's a little sneak peek at one the future issue of Return of Wolverine by Declan Shalvey (I guess it's from the second issue):

source:https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...52309358370818

BANNED

The "real world" expression is used by Soule to differentiate the scene that takes place in Logan's mind (the first one where he meets Persephone and the Berserker after he got shot by Omega Red) to what's happening outside of Logan's mind. Also to make sure the readers understands that the prison scene takes place in Logan's mind, Soule wanted a certain filter to be used.

Yep hard to say what's the deal with Prism but since he was a marauder there might be a connection with Sinister and what happened in Adamantium Agenda.

The jeep? I'm not an expert on Army vehicles but I was referring to the army jeep driven by the Soteira soldiers that Logan's followed after he found the motorcycle. Soule called this vehicule an humvee though.

You're welcome

By the way another thing to note, during Death of Wolverine Soule used differents colored captions to represent pain (red), sounds (yellow) and scents (blue). This time around Soule still wants to use those colors but instead of caption he will use insets, that's why when Logan see the wound on his side the panel has a red tint (to show his pain).

The final inset Soule is going to use is called the "memory sense" (Sabretooth and Kitty flashback in the first issue) and use the same filter as the the scene in Logan's mind with Persephone.

Also I'm not sure if it was already posted but here's a little sneak peek at one the future issue of Return of Wolverine by Declan Shalvey (I guess it's from the second issue):

source:https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...52309358370818
    I guess that's one of the soldiers of Soitiera !!! and

Did Soule said anything about those flashbacks except the type of inset that was used on that "memory sense" ???

There were so many details or little clips that Mcniven made by his detailed work on ROW , some of them which i didn't noticed on ROW ..........Don't know how Shalvey will compete with Mcniven's artwork in terms of this prospects except from having different styles ......

I'm a little late to the discussion but I had a thought about the article that says ROW takes place while he is still dead. The biggest hurdle for me to get over is that in the Dead Ends one shot Persephone attacks the X-Men and tells them she stole all the mutant files from Sinister. Why would a god of hell need to do that?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So true Peter/MJ with a kid is always a great thing, also it was the second time we saw a Wolverine/Hulk hybrid lol. Thanks for the review, I will check this when I'm done with Swamp Thing. Yeah the bar was set low lol, but I thought it was interesting especially his characterization of Deadpool.

Yeah it happened a lot during the Legacy era or even during the New 52 (I still have nightmares of New 52 Lobo holding the real Lobo's head while saying he was just a pretender). Same thing during the Generations Wolverine one shot or each time Old Man Logan appeared during All New Wolverine unfortunately.
    Jane as Thor was great but yeah Aaron didn't need to turn Odin into a crazy jerk and OG Thor into a drunken idiot. In my opinion he should have scrapped that whole unworthy plot and just said that Thor "died" during his fight with the Beyonders during Time runs out but before his "death" he threw his hammer away in order to find someone worthy because the world needs a Thor.

Peter acting like a creep reminds me of that crazy story Morrison wanted to do:

"According to the webchat Morrison gave at Next Planet Over in 1999, the story was to begin with an attack by Mysterio, resulting in Spider-Man waking in a parallel world where Aunt May died and Peter never married."

"The Spider-Man of that world is a creepy, skinny Ditko guy, who lives on his own and is shunned by the neighbors." said Morrison, "He only comes alive when he's out on the rooftops leaping about and squirting jets of white stuff over everything. Freud would have loved the story as the creepy but ultimately decent Spider-Man meets his counterpart from a place where Peter married a supermodel and made lots of money. The story was based around that tension and the ultimate redemption of the creepy Ditko character. I'd do something different now."

source: https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...verse-b/marvel

It could have been fun lol.

I agree Kamala is such a great character and her team up with Logan was really funny!

Well the biggest flaw of Wolverine is the many characterizations he got along the years to the point you don't even know how the character is supposed to act anymore lol. But yeah sometimes Logan let his emotions cloud his judgement which lead him to act irrationally and create more problems than he solves.

It also doesn't help that Kurt dated his step-sister, really weird stuff.

Yeah, let's hope that's the case because I think we had enough stories with Logan crying about his past in recent years lol.

I just read it too and this issue was really disappointing and the perfect definition of average:

spoilers:
    I agree with you, I don't know what the Old Man was thinking, but damn he was really dumb and deserved that ass whooping. Also the Maestro stole one of Odin's hat and must be a fan of Negan lol.
    end of spoilers

One thing the art was great but it was really a lackluster issue. Let's hope the second issue will be better and that Brisson will finish this arc and the serie on a good note.

Regarding Blue, I really can't stand Jimmy's horrible Poison design (he looks like a reject from the 90s) but yeah that was a nice moment but honestly he should have been sent back to his reality already. With any luck he will be gone by the end of Extermination.
    Your welcome! Thanks for the recommendation too, in your opinion what is his best job so far. Also, a part of me wants to see a Daredevil/Wolverine story written by him, how many team ups those 2 has BTW?, recently i gotten more curious about seeing those 2 working together.

I rolled my eyes when i saw that scen in Generations when Logan and Laura jump from that window and he fall almost face first in the paviment. I haven't read Thor #6 yet, but reading that preview Odinson sounded more like Hercules than Thor frankly. No wonder why so many of hos fans aren't fond of Aaron's take. Him dying on Times Run Out as you said would have been better.

Lol, that picth is so Morrison and yeah Peter was kind of an ******* in the old days and Gwen too ("How dare that Parker guy to not look at me with complete adoration!!!!" )..

Kamala in my opinion was one of the best modernizations of the "Spider-Man" archetype, seriously that book was a better Spidey book than the actual main title. And of course that scene with Logan was hilarious.

True to that, is Logan a happy drunk or a grumpy mean drunk, godamm it Marvel, you can't have both . I think that the most frustrating part is trying to pin down how friendly or unfriendly Logan is in social situations, sometimes he acts like antisocial dick, other times he is fairly sociable even if he is a bit crass. Sometimes i wonder if some of the problems with Logan in recent years is if they have drawn too much influence from Ultimate Wolverine a tad too much after 2001.

Ah Claremont and his weird romances, like Scott and Maddie or Betsy and Doug mutual crush lol.I kind of enjoy his romance with Amanda during his run thougth, icky as the whole thing was, i usually had to ignore that part in order to enjoy lol.

Logan needs to recover his sense of humor when he comes back maybe he and Kurt should go into a roadtrip after his return, you know bros in the road and all, besides the shippers need new content!!!!.

Yeah, pretty average frankly, but the art was great, lets hope that Brisson can deliver at the end thougth.

Heh, becoming a Venom/Wolverine hybrid was one of the weirdest developments that i had seen from a characther lol. Yeah i think that Marvel is cleaning house with most of then, but i think that if Jimmy comes back to his universe, it probably would be in the FF book.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.

I guess that's one of the soldiers of Soitiera !!! and

Did Soule said anything about those flashbacks except the type of inset that was used on that "memory sense" ???

There were so many details or little clips that Mcniven made by his detailed work on ROW , some of them which i didn't noticed on ROW ..........Don't know how Shalvey will compete with Mcniven's artwork in terms of this prospects except from having different styles ......
    Indeed it looks like one the Soteira's soldiers we saw in the first issue and I agree about McNiven and the little details he added everywhere in the first issue, I discovered lot of new things when I re-read the issue.

Regarding the "memory sense" not much I'm affraid, just that he wanted to use some art from Death of Wolverine #3, with Kitty, because it was an happy memory. There are some informations about the "Wolverine" Logan freed by the end of the issue, Soule mentioned he's the idealized version of Wolverine as a hero, shiny, bright and perfect. His nickname is Heroverine.

Another thing, but I think most people understood that already, the wall with the three circles in Logan's mind is supposed to represent the Soteira Logo.

Soule indicated that the story told by Ana about why Wolverine is wearing yellow/blue colors should not be colored with the memory tint though.

Finally Soule also mentioned in the script that it's very important to have the Soteira's facility (where Ana is working) located near the coast with a lot of water around. I wouldn't be surprised if Logan will use one of many boats anchored up to the wharf that you can see on the panel where Logan sees for the first time this facility while following the Soteira soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm a little late to the discussion but I had a thought about the article that says ROW takes place while he is still dead. The biggest hurdle for me to get over is that in the Dead Ends one shot Persephone attacks the X-Men and tells them she stole all the mutant files from Sinister. Why would a god of hell need to do that?
    You're right about Persephone, Soule confirmed some time ago that she isn't the Queen of the Underworld and she isn't related to the Olympian Goddess Persephone that already appeared in the Marvel Universe alongside some other Olympian Gods. But her name and the name of her organization have a meaning and will be explained through the story.

https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...23615539884032
    https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...07149582458881

The fact that she chose all those names from the Greek Myths are maybe a reference to something else, maybe something similar to what happened to the goddess Persephone also happened to her in the past. Or she's just a psychopath with delusion of grandeur lol.
    But yeah the theory that Return of Wolverine takes place before Hunt For Wolverine/Legacy is flawed.

Your welcome! Thanks for the recommendation too, in your opinion what is his best job so far. Also, a part of me wants to see a Daredevil/Wolverine story written by him, how many team ups those 2 has BTW?, recently i gotten more curious about seeing those 2 working together.

I rolled my eyes when i saw that scen in Generations when Logan and Laura jump from that window and he fall almost face first in the paviment. I haven't read Thor #6 yet, but reading that preview Odinson sounded more like Hercules than Thor frankly. No wonder why so many of hos fans aren't fond of Aaron's take. Him dying on Times Run Out as you said would have been better.

Lol, that picth is so Morrison and yeah Peter was kind of an ******* in the old days and Gwen too ("How dare that Parker guy to not look at me with complete adoration!!!!" )..

Kamala in my opinion was one of the best modernizations of the "Spider-Man" archetype, seriously that book was a better Spidey book than the actual main title. And of course that scene with Logan was hilarious.

True to that, is Logan a happy drunk or a grumpy mean drunk, godamm it Marvel, you can't have both . I think that the most frustrating part is trying to pin down how friendly or unfriendly Logan is in social situations, sometimes he acts like antisocial dick, other times he is fairly sociable even if he is a bit crass. Sometimes i wonder if some of the problems with Logan in recent years is if they have drawn too much influence from Ultimate Wolverine a tad too much after 2001.

Ah Claremont and his weird romances, like Scott and Maddie or Betsy and Doug mutual crush lol.I kind of enjoy his romance with Amanda during his run thougth, icky as the whole thing was, i usually had to ignore that part in order to enjoy lol.

Logan needs to recover his sense of humor when he comes back maybe he and Kurt should go into a roadtrip after his return, you know bros in the road and all, besides the shippers need new content!!!!.

Yeah, pretty average frankly, but the art was great, lets hope that Brisson can deliver at the end thougth.

Heh, becoming a Venom/Wolverine hybrid was one of the weirdest developments that i had seen from a characther lol. Yeah i think that Marvel is cleaning house with most of then, but i think that if Jimmy comes back to his universe, it probably would be in the FF book.

No problem! Wolverine & Daredevil team-up? Not a lot I'm affraid:

- Daredevil Vol.1 # 196 & 248-249
    - wolverine and the xmen vol.2 #7 (just a short conversation between them)
    - Punisher vol.6 #33-37
    - Marvel Comics Presents vol.1 #150-151
    - Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America Vol 1 #1
    - Infinity War Vol.1 #2 (not really a team up but a nice Wolverine's scene that surprised Daredevil)
    - Wolverine vo.3 #23-24 (Wolverinee/Daredevil fight during Ennemy of the States)

Also Wolverine was wearing that strange black costume in the Marvel Comics Presents story:

Soule's best work? I haven't finished it yet but if the ending is good Swamp Thing might be the best thing I've read from him. I also really like his Darth Vader serie and despite the horrible art I've enjoyed his She-Hulk run.

Yeah that Generations Wolverine one shot was really terrible for Logan's fans unfortunately and about Aaron's Thor that's true he really sounds like Hercules especially during that flashback scene in Thor #6 which was really reminiscent of the Logan/Hercules scene from Wolverine-Hercules - Myths, Monsters and Mutants mini.

Ah so true about Gwen, she really thought highly of herself, but I mostly blame Stan Lee's writing of women to be honest lol.

Regarding Logan's behavior I think it's a mix writers who were inspired by the Ultimate Universe and by the movies but also by a lack a research.

I agree, Logan and Kurt road trip should happen after his return! I just hope they won't come across a Wendigo or something lol.

As for Jimmy if I have to guess either he's gone in Extermination or during Uncanny X-Men Disassembled. Or maybe he will play a role in the future Carnage one shot especially after what happened to Kasady in Venomized.