Page 70 of 138 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2066
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The delay is disappointing but honestly I’m not really surprised, Shalvey is the kind of artist you don’t want to rush so let him take his time and he will deliver something truly amazing. Although the third issue is supposed to be very controversial so the wait for the fourth issue will be even more difficult lol.

I hope so, McNiven began working on the last issue some time ago so it should be on time, I remember there was a delay for one issue of Death Of Wolverine though.

Nice! Thanks for sharing GylT'Nav, at least we know he will wear the costume again during the mini lol.

Honestly yeah, lot more books to read in the meantime and it’s just a hobby no need to take things too seriously and while there can be some frustration if everything finished on time in January that won’t be a problem for me.

Now if Marvel can reveal the new creative team for the relaunch all will be forgiven lol.
    Yeah if they show their new creative team on next month solicitations than maybe things will go on line for Logan . But honestly this things started from the day All New All Different Marvel started, from the day they gave someone's else spotlight to other in All New Wolverine . Then came Marvel Legacy , Hunt For Wolverine and all other cameos . The have been teasing his return for a year and now they couldn't even finish their work with b-team . If they really wanted ignore him than they shouldn't have treated him like a punch bag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah Logan sort of became more of a sad sack around the early 90s, but to be fair after Mariko's death and the memory implants plot is difficult to not see why, Loveness Logan felt a lot like the classic Byrne/Claremont cocky and ruthless but with hidden depths thay you couldn't see at first glance.

True i can see Aaron Wolverine on Percy's take, i always read Jason's Logan as a disaster of man, deply broken and not very heroic that is trying to be.... less like that, with different degrees of sucess.

spoilers:
    When i hear it i was like, "Man, Hush is going to tease me with this lol", i wasn't wrong .

But really i want to see how the Landrocks and the Long Night cult sre connected (beyond that their leader doesn't like then of course and cosider then evil) because they feel like 2 separated plots that still had to converge, maybe Logan is working for the cult too?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah he's really similar to the Claremont/Byrne era and I agree it's logical that he chanegd as time went on especially after the death of Mariko, James (for a while at least), Silver Fox again and the whole memory implant saga. Let's also not forget how he thought he was dying after Magneto removed the adamantium from his body and when he got a little better he then became a noseless animal, bad luck Logan lol.

Yep really a mix of past and modern characterization, although I prefer Logan pre House of M I still like what Percy is doing right now.

spoilers:
    Ah you got me lol. Well after hearing how Brent killed that bear, I definitely wants to see more of him. From what I understood he's working for neither he was just caught in the middle of all of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the cult and the Landrock are working together and are responsible for unleashing this monster previously.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's less sleazy more not knowing artist dont chain them self to a drawing board for 20 hours a week. If you know artist is slow and even slower do to there new style you need to give them a **** ton of time. The fact that the fill in artist is working on a 12 issue series for them shout have made them realise giving him 3 new issues to draw on a tight schedule is a bad idea. Expect death of old man to delayed because of this to. There are literally dozens of artist out there that could have filled in and marvel should have had them before hand. This was all a avoidable problem. This is showing return was created more recently and the hunt tie ins were done to draw out time for McNiven to finish art. They should have left logans return being part of infinity if they would have this many problems with it.
    Sorry I’ve been buying comics too long for that old chestnut we miss calculated the lead in time to fly. They’ve been picking the fans pocket from the start on this and even pulled the rug out from under them on his original return in infinity. Then they purposefully hype the team as Soule McNivens knowing full well that wasn’t the team then put it on a guy they knew had a lot on his plate. It’s plain sleazy.

Yeah he's really similar to the Claremont/Byrne era and I agree it's logical that he chanegd as time went on especially after the death of Mariko, James (for a while at least), Silver Fox again and the whole memory implant saga. Let's also not forget how he thought he was dying after Magneto removed the adamantium from his body and when he got a little better he then became a noseless animal, bad luck Logan lol.

Yep really a mix of past and modern characterization, although I prefer Logan pre House of M I still like what Percy is doing right now.

spoilers:
    Ah you got me lol. Well after hearing how Brent killed that bear, I definitely wants to see more of him. From what I understood he's working for neither he was just caught in the middle of all of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the cult and the Landrock are working together and are responsible for unleashing this monster previously.
    end of spoilers
    Man, he and Spider-Man should write a book of how the 90s was so hard on then lol (speaking of it, i really like how Peter approached Logan in the "A mile by my mocassin" story), to give credit to the 90s, Hama was actually to keep tone ligth when it was needed, like the friendship developed between him and Jean and Logan not being in absolute bitter to her marriage with Scott and that camp trip with Ororo, Caliban and Sam.

Yeah, is a good mix, i said that it leans more to Aaron that Claremont (he actually hated when they tried to make Wolverine darker for what i heard), but i do like it

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Yeah if they show their new creative team on next month solicitations than maybe things will go on line for Logan . But honestly this things started from the day All New All Different Marvel started, from the day they gave someone's else spotlight to other in All New Wolverine . Then came Marvel Legacy , Hunt For Wolverine and all other cameos . The have been teasing his return for a year and now they couldn't even finish their work with b-team . If they really wanted ignore him than they shouldn't have treated him like a punch bag.
    What's strange is that his return wasn't something that was rushed at the last minute since Soule said he worked on the script of Return of Wolverine in January, and Brisson said he knew about Logan's return even before he began working on Old Man Logan so that means it wasn't really a secret at Marvel and most writers knew for a while that Logan would be back.

I think the problem is really McNiven's new style, usually he can handle drawing 4 issues in a row without any problems but the new style he developped might take longer and it took Marvel by surprise, which might be the reason Soule asked Shalvey to come working on ROW with him at the last minute because as he said previously he always wanted to work with Shalvey in the past. In the end it's unfortunate but things like that happened, I don't think there is any conspiracy theory or that Logan's return was mean for Infinity, Logan's infinity appearance was just a way for Marvel to make people interested in Infinity Countdown because the sales of the last GOTG series (which was a lead in to Infinity Countdown) were just terrible.

Now of course all of that is disappointing but I will judge the whole trilogy once everything is done and after knowing the consequences and the new statut quo of Logan at the end of ROW to say if all this was worth it or not, but yeah for now Death and Hunt have been disappointing for me.

Man, he and Spider-Man should write a book of how the 90s was so hard on then lol (speaking of it, i really like how Peter approached Logan in the "A mile by my mocassin" story), to give credit to the 90s, Hama was actually to keep tone ligth when it was needed, like the friendship developed between him and Jean and Logan not being in absolute bitter to her marriage with Scott and that camp trip with Ororo, Caliban and Sam.

Yeah, is a good mix, i said that it leans more to Aaron that Claremont (he actually hated when they tried to make Wolverine darker for what i heard), but i do like it
    Ah so true the 90s were really hard for Wolverine, Spidey or even Iron Man who became a traitor and was replaced by a younger version of himself, so many dumb decisions. This scene was so great especially Peter saying that he beat Firelord so he can talk to Logan without any problem and then after sitting next to Logan: "That's it I'm dead"

Those little moments during the Hama's run were some of my favourites, the scenes with Jean and Scott, the campfire issue as you said or Logan having fun with Sam Guthrie and racing him towards the nearest bar. Thinking about it each time Logan made an X-Man drunk, it often ended in a fight with the Juggernaut lol.

Yeah it's closer to Aaron's early take (before his run on the main Wolverine ongoing), one thing I remember is that Claremont didn't want to reveal too much about Logan's past and that it should stay a mystery so something along the lines: "The less we know about him, the better". An advice Marvel should have followed especially in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Great.
    Thanks, GylT!!!!!!

Ah so true the 90s were really hard for Wolverine, Spidey or even Iron Man who became a traitor and was replaced by a younger version of himself, so many dumb decisions. This scene was so great especially Peter saying that he beat Firelord so he can talk to Logan without any problem and then after sitting next to Logan: "That's it I'm dead"

Those little moments during the Hama's run were some of my favourites, the scenes with Jean and Scott, the campfire issue as you said or Logan having fun with Sam Guthrie and racing him towards the nearest bar. Thinking about it each time Logan made an X-Man drunk, it often ended in a fight with the Juggernaut lol.

Yeah it's closer to Aaron's early take (before his run on the main Wolverine ongoing), one thing I remember is that Claremont didn't want to reveal too much about Logan's past and that it should stay a mystery so something along the lines: "The less we know about him, the better". An advice Marvel should have followed especially in recent years
    Poor guys. It sort of amuses me that Peter can actually beat Logan any day of the week but is so unerved by his attitude that he forgets that lol.

Yeah, Hama always knew how to balanced Logan's personality even his plots didn't always hit the mark, all those downtime moments were great.

After Daniel Way and Loeb.... is difficult to argue against him lol.

Nice! Thanks for the link GylT'Nav! So first Hell and now Limbo, really strange. So Persephone might be developing a biological weapon, maybe something similar to what we saw during Claws of a killer with that green device.

Poor guys. It sort of amuses me that Peter can actually beat Logan any day of the week but is so unerved by his attitude that he forgets that lol.

Yeah, Hama always knew how to balanced Logan's personality even his plots didn't always hit the mark, all those downtime moments were great.

After Daniel Way and Loeb.... is difficult to argue against him lol.
    Yeah It's always funny but at least they made peace by the end of the story and during Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine. You know thinking about it Aaron could be great on a Spider-Man title.

100% Agree!

Yeah and when even Bendis or Morrison didn't want to write Wolverine's origins or told Marvel editors it would be a bad idea they should have listened lol.

Nice! Thanks for the link GylT'Nav! So first Hell and now Limbo, really strange. So Persephone might be developing a biological weapon, maybe something similar to what we saw during Claws of a killer with that green device.

Yeah It's always funny but at least they made peace by the end of the story and during Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine. You know thinking about it Aaron could be great on a Spider-Man title.

100% Agree!

Yeah and when even Bendis or Morrison didn't want to write Wolverine's origins or told Marvel editors it would be a bad idea they should have listened lol.
    Yeah, i'm also sure that Peter's parent, consider him the godfather .

When thosw 2 don't want to take the job... is better to follow their advice, for another side i hate how Bendis has Logan regaining his memories. Just a consequence of that lame event, really?.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-19-2018 at 11:31 AM.

BANNED

Just read the preview ,looks like Persephone is planning to use Ana's son as an biological weapon but i felt the circumstances are going to get bad with Logan before he could save him since the solicitations shows him like he is going be a badass after this issue , just kidding !!

Thanks GylT'Nav btw for the preview
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-19-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Yeah, i'm also sure that Peter's parent, consider him the godfather .

When thosw 2 don't want to take the job... is better to follow their advice, for another side i hate how Bendis has Logan regaining his memories.
    Well he was here when Richard learned that Mary was pregnant:

Even to this day, I still can't believe that Logan knew Peter's parents and he never told Peter about them after he recovered his memories lol.

Regarding House of M, I like how he remembered the old "continuity" after Wanda's spell since his wish was to remember his past, that was a nice twist but after the end he shouldn't have remembered everything but just some memories nothing more. Honestly I don't blame Bendis for that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an editorial decision because Marvel knew that a lot of people wanted to know what happened between Origin and Weapon X so they had to find a way to make Logan remember his past somehow.

Unfortunately it gave us Origins so yeah it wasn't worth it and it did more harm than good to the character.

BANNED

What's strange is that his return wasn't something that was rushed at the last minute since Soule said he worked on the script of Return of Wolverine in January, and Brisson said he knew about Logan's return even before he began working on Old Man Logan so that means it wasn't really a secret at Marvel and most writers knew for a while that Logan would be back.

I think the problem is really McNiven's new style, usually he can handle drawing 4 issues in a row without any problems but the new style he developped might take longer and it took Marvel by surprise, which might be the reason Soule asked Shalvey to come working on ROW with him at the last minute because as he said previously he always wanted to work with Shalvey in the past. In the end it's unfortunate but things like that happened, I don't think there is any conspiracy theory or that Logan's return was mean for Infinity, Logan's infinity appearance was just a way for Marvel to make people interested in Infinity Countdown because the sales of the last GOTG series (which was a lead in to Infinity Countdown) were just terrible.

Now of course all of that is disappointing but I will judge the whole trilogy once everything is done and after knowing the consequences and the new statut quo of Logan at the end of ROW to say if all this was worth it or not, but yeah for now Death and Hunt have been disappointing for me.
    Well IIRC Soule said it for himself on a CBR interview that he didn't know that he is gonna return when he was writing DOW and even if Brisson known that for a while he is gonna return back during January , i don't think that really matters c'ause Marvel is been over-exposing Logan's return since last year and the other writers are taking pleasure of Marvel's rights over Wolverine by teasing him which ever marvel issue they want for sales .

I can't really blame anything Mcniven's delay drawing ROW, even it's a new concept c'ause i have already reasoned u before that Marvel is recklessly using him as punch bag after All New All Different therefore the editorial may even made Mcniven to work on the script quite lately.

Even now and then i dread that Marvel didn't even knw what they are actually gonna do with Logan's return after ROW since his own solo books has been lazy handedly written back from Marvel Now comics and even before that .

Well he was here when Richard learned that Mary was pregnant:

Even to this day, I still can't believe that Logan knew Peter's parents and he never told Peter about them after he recovered his memories lol.

Regarding House of M, I like how he remembered the old "continuity" after Wanda's spell since his wish was to remember his past, that was a nice twist but after the end he shouldn't have remembered everything but just some memories nothing more. Honestly I don't blame Bendis for that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an editorial decision because Marvel knew that a lot of people wanted to know what happened between Origin and Weapon X so they had to find a way to make Logan remember his past somehow.

Unfortunately it gave us Origins so yeah it wasn't worth it and it did more harm than good to the character.
    Same, i was so surprised when i found about that, to be honest i think that Peter's parents being secret agents is....dumb and doesn't fit the characther conceptually speaking, but it's easily ignorable as long as they don't bring it up. Still i like to think that Logan felt somw sort of responsability toward him as a thanks to his parents lol.

I agreed, that was actually an smart move from Bendis, but having Logan recovering his lost memories after an event instead of his own personal arc was just... lame and of course it let us to Origins lol.