Page 7 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It was during the Savage Wolverine serie and more precisely during issues 12-13.

Basically when Logan was in Madripoor as Patch in the past he made a point to stop a lot of criminal activites he despised more than anything such as child prostitution, gun running, slavery, drugs and made sure that no one would try anything like that or he would kill them. Unfortunately when Viper and then Daken seized control of Madripoor they made sure that those activites ran rampant again on an unbelievable scale.

Add this to the list of thing Daken did and why his characterization in All New Wolverine and Laura's interactions with him (especially after what happened to her in NYX) never made any sense.

Anyways in order to put an end to those crimes and especially child prostitution and to make up for the loss of money generated by those activites, Tyger Tyger decided to allow ivory trade which was in high demand:

It was something always allowed in Madripoor in the past until Logan as "Patch" put an end to it and made sure to hunt and kill whoever tried to do that kind of business in Madripoor (in the Punisher war journal serie for example). Tyger didn't know the scale of this thing, but for her the end justified the means. Let's just say that Logan was really pissed at her for that and showed her what happened to the animals that were killed in a really gruesome way, he then destroyed everything and put an end to this trade.

It was a really sad story but I thought Jimenez did a really good job with Logan's characterization (even if some of his actions were really extreme) and the ending was really gut wrenching.

Also there is a nice flashback when you see Logan "fighting" Kraven for the first time:
    Nice to see you Hush and thank you, i guest that you're the Wolverine's continuity guru at this point .

It sounds really sad and kind of interesting, i was thinking of checking Savage Wolverine anyway, so this just give more reason to it, at least sounds better than Cornell frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nice to see you Hush and thank you, i guest that you're the Wolverine's continuity guru at this point .

It sounds really sad and kind of interesting, i was thinking of checking Savage Wolverine anyway, so this just give more reason to it, at least sounds better than Cornell frankly.
    Nice to see you too TheCape and you're welcome! A guru eh? More like I read too many Wolverine comics lol.

But seriously I just saw your previous post, reading the Cornell run is not something I would recommend to anyone (still have nightmares of that tattoo issue) and I do agree Alan Davis's art was really wasted on this run. Also congrats for having read the 317 issues of Wolverine, you're a Wolverine's expert now

Savage Wolverine was really uneven, the reason was that each arc was done by a different creative team, still some of the stories were really interesting and visually impressive. I remember that Gail Simone did a nice Jubilee/Wolverine team up issue and Frank Tieri did a great story about Wolverine during the prohibition era so yeah it's worth checking.

Nice to see you too TheCape and you're welcome! A guru eh? More like I read too many Wolverine comics lol.

But seriously I just saw your previous post, reading the Cornell run is not something I would recommend to anyone (still have nightmares of that tattoo issue) and I do agree Alan Davis's art was really wasted on this run. Also congrats for having read the 317 issues of Wolverine, you're a Wolverine's expert now

Savage Wolverine was really uneven, the reason was that each arc was done by a different creative team, still some of the stories were really interesting and visually impressive. I remember that Gail Simone did a nice Jubilee/Wolverine team up issue and Frank Tieri did a great story about Wolverine during the prohibition era so yeah it's worth checking.
    Thanks, i would wear my badge of honor for reading the whole series soon . (I still need to read some of his team appearances thought).

Oh man that tatto issue, was so bad, i was reading the whole run in a day to get over the pain quicky but i have to stop there my mind and body can only stand so much abuse lol. Alan Davis was too good for that series.

Simone and Tieri are a must for me, so thanks for the recommendation, but yeah i'm not surprised about the uneven quality, right now i seeing the covers and i can tell what type of series it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks, i would wear my badge of honor for reading the whole series soon . (I still need to read some of his team appearances thought).
    Exactly

Oh man that tatto issue, was so bad, i was reading the whole run in a day to get over the pain quicky but i have to stop there my mind and body can only stand so much abuse lol. Alan Davis was too good for that series.
    In a day? That's madness, just one issue at a time was already a torture for me I can't imagine reading the whole thing in one day lol. Now you must re-read Weapon X by BWS to purge your mind for this terrible run

Simone and Tieri are a must for me, so thanks for the recommendation, but yeah i'm not surprised about the uneven quality, right now i seeing the covers and i can tell what type of series it is.
    Yeah it was a serie that allowed writers to explore different genres and most of the stories were set in the past so that way they didn't have to bother with Logan's status quo at the time. Yeah Gail Simone is a great writer, I really like her work on Secret Six and her Deadpool/Agent X serie was so good too, I still hope she will write Logan again one day.
    If you like Tieri he did another mini with Logan entitled Wolverine/Hercules myths and monsters which was enjoyable too.

It was during the Savage Wolverine serie and more precisely during issues 12-13.
    Oh, this story that basically character assassinate Jessan. :|

I understand what Phil what was trying to do in that story, but I hated that he did with her.

As for Savage Wolverine, I only liked the Zeb Wells & Joe Mad creative team. It had Elektra! I know her fans love her voice. I guess the lack of. :P
    (But all seriousness he did write Elektra very well)

Exactly

In a day? That's madness, just one issue at a time was already a torture for me I can't imagine reading the whole thing in one day lol. Now you must re-read Weapon X by BWS to purge your mind for this terrible run

Yeah it was a serie that allowed writers to explore different genres and most of the stories were set in the past so that way they didn't have to bother with Logan's status quo at the time. Yeah Gail Simone is a great writer, I really like her work on Secret Six and her Deadpool/Agent X serie was so good too, I still hope she will write Logan again one day.
    If you like Tieri he did another mini with Logan entitled Wolverine/Hercules myths and monsters which was enjoyable too.
    Tell me, would i ever be the same man again, would i laught and talk like used, because i don't know . He he, i actually read the Claremont/Miller mini this time, but Weapon X isn't a bad choice

I love Simone DC's work, Secret Six and Birds of Prey especially, thought i never read anything of his Marvel work. Yeah i know about it, is next on the list, lol/

Persephone looks fancy as ****, too bad her outfit is gonna look terrible when Wolverine redecorates it with her insides.

Looks like she and Wolvie have the same tailor...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not to be Debbie downer but the fact McNives will only do two of the five issues is a huge let down for me. Especially since I’ve never heard of the “super star artist” filling in. And I am probably judging to early but from looking at that cover it is a huge step down. I mean at first I thought that was a diviant art or reditt amateur work. I still can’t understand how if marvel supposedly plans six months in advance how they can’t get one artist to draw five comics.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Not to be Debbie downer but the fact McNives will only do two of the five issues is a huge let down for me. Especially since I’ve never heard of the “super star artist” filling in. And I am probably judging to early but from looking at that cover it is a huge step down. I mean at first I thought that was a diviant art or reditt amateur work. I still can’t understand how if marvel supposedly plans six months in advance how they can’t get one artist to draw five comics.
    That were exactly my thoughts.

Yeah, not exactly excited for this new artist, i give it a chance until we saw his actual work, but so far i'm skeptical.

Y'all dont know Declan Shalvey????????

Yeah i'm not too happy about it too, in comparison to McNiven the guy's art is pretty **** to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Y'all dont know Declan Shalvey????????
    Any recommendations, i would like to see more of his work. In order to get a better idea of whay we are getting.