Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You are probably rigth, i get this sensation that althougth Soule does know the solo characthers that he write, that he gets what made then thick like Spider-Man, Daredevil and Wolverine and he isn't afraid of exploring new things, he really doesn't care much for continuity, reading his Astonishing X-Men i basically feel like he was saying at the beggining that he just wanted to write what he wanted too without caring much for qhat 8t came before, beyond the general idea, probably why his Gambit and Cypher were so bad, like he does k ow the basics of then but didn't really care about going much deeper to be honest, but that's just my take. As for Logan not being a mutant, that could be interesting... but i don't think that it would happen, mostly because of branding, X-Men are mutants and Wolverine is the face of then (or at least the team pet lol), from branding purposes it doesn't make sense to have him as "not mutant", but i could be wrong.

Never read Paradise X, is any good?.

Lol, Wolverine is a great babbysitter, but a horrible storyteller, the kid learned some good lessons at the end . That story was just ridicously funny.

Thr Beer Clan has been hidden in the last 100 years, waiting for the return of their master, they had been waiting for too damn long!!!.

Wait for the next plot twist when we discover that Logan is the sixth Summer's brother and the actual father of Jean Grey sister .

P.s: I thougth about making him Kurt's dad, but i couldn't do that to the shippers lol.
    I agree especially after reading the Logan Legacy/Wolverines, Astonishing X-Men and Weapon Lost, continuity isn't Soule's strong point especially when it comes to the characterization of some characters. I can see what he wanted to do with Cypher and Gambit, but yeah the execution wasn't great and in the end it was lackluster. Same with Cornelius's characterization during Death of Wolverine, which didn't make a lot of sense (It also doesn't help that Cornelius was supposed to be dead too).
    If Soule would have replaced him by the Professor (also dead but at this point, I don't think Soule or Marvel editors cared), that would have been much better.

Ah just imagine the shitstorm if Marvel revealed that the most popular mutant was never a mutant to begin with but something else. Good luck to the Marketing team lol.

Despite some good ideas, I think both Universe X and Paradise X were really uneven and the ending of the trilogy was really rushed. Earth X was great though and several things that happened in this trilogy seems to have influenced a lot of writers in recent years.

The Messiah will return to the Beer Clan, that's the prophecy:

Well when teasing some of the twists that would be revealed during Hunt/Return, Cebulski said: "And if I can drop one hint: was Vulcan the true third Summers brother?!". Now maybe it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment or maybe something related to the Summers family will be revealed during Return of Wolverine.
    Lmao Kurt's Dad, poor shippers they would go crazy! Maybe that's the reason Kurt decided to grow a beard, he wanted to honour the memory of Logan lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-24-2018 at 09:05 AM.