Page 43 of 138 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Solid first issue, it doesn't reveal much but is an interesting set up and of course McNiven art is amazing, definetly very similar to BWS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Solid first issue, it doesn't reveal much but is an interesting set up and of course McNiven art is amazing, definetly very similar to BWS.
    Yeah i wasn't expecting much about his reveals either but his amnesia was orchestrated well and those clips of DOW were also good and Mcniven's art really depicts BWS , Windsor Smith would be proud;D But i am not sure whether this issue was satisfying for me or not

BANNED

spoilers:
    But why did Logan wear his old costume was explained well in terms of perspective of the woman who was their with him
    end of spoilers

I thought the issue was awesome. Set up was great as was Wolverine’s inner voice. I like that it used medias res to throw us neck deeper into the story. Some quality action and mystery. I especially like how the amnesia is handled. I think any feelings that it wasn’t a satisfying issue comes more from the long drawn out path to this book than the book itself. Marvel should have skipped the hunt and started with this.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I always used to think that drawing Wolverine with detailed art ,which artists like Aaron Finch , (as u said before) Adam Kubert or even Darick Roberston(although he was inconsistent) , Francis Yu , Windsor Smith and in the end Mcniven made that kind of impact that always gave me goosebumps which i observe and admire a lot .

But nowadays don't u think that Marvel artists kinda of lackluster towards this things ???? I mean we don't have those kind of consistent art and Marvel is actually busy on desexualising female characters like Psylocke , Storm and even Emma which created even more negative impact on their comics
    I think it's just a mix of what kind of art most readers wants nowadays and the need to meet deadlines. Even Adam Kubert or Leinil Yu that I used to love, have a new style that I don't like at all. McNiven's art is really detailled, same for someone like Fabok, Coipel, Dauterman or even Ribic but they can't commit to an ongoing book for too long especially now that a lot of book double ship.

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Where are these scenes from so I can go back and read? Art is dope
    It's from Dark Reign: Elektra vol.1 #5.

If you take Maximun Clonage away, The Clone Saga is a masterpiece in comparison . Besides it gave us Ben and Kaine.

BTW, is the Captain America Annual when it was stablished that Logan was a semi immortal that has walk that has been around for a long time or it was added in other storyline?.

They need to make Creed fat and lazy and the downfall is complete, he of course would go througth an 80s montage to recover lost street ala Rocky 3 .

Thanks for the interview, if is true i think that issue 4 is going to reveal whatever past they have together.

P.S: Wolverine 900 and 1000 are thing for what i recently found, what was Marvel reasoning behind that
    The first time we got a hint that Logan might be older than he looks was during Alpha Flight #33 when he said he fought during the war. But the first confirmation was in Uncanny X-Men 268 where we saw him fight alongside Captain America in Madripoor in 1941.

Brian Cronin wrote a nice article about that: https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-aging-slowly/

900 and 1000? If I remember well it was a joke done by Marvel when they released a Deadpool #900 and #1000 issues but since it worked well they did the same with Logan.

Ah poor Creed, now I remember this image of that fat Wolverine from Paradise X lol.

Just read it and it was really enjoyable especially the art by McNiven. Unfortunately even him can't make that
    spoilers:
    soteira costume
    end of spoilers looks good lol.

Regarding the story, well I have a theory about what's happening (yeah another one lol):

spoilers:
    Basically what we saw in this issue is a mix of what's happening in Logan's head and in the real world similar to what happened during the Weapon X experiment. So we know that Persephone basically had her little fun inside Logan's head and she gave him a key to unlock whatever personna/memory he wants to unlock.
    We also know that Logan is somehow aware of Soteira's experiments and especially about using a person as a living incubator, grow something inside of them and harvest it. We also knows from that Scientist, that Persephone is basically destroying everything good in a person and used them as her plaything.

Looking at what happened in this issue, we saw a "clone of Omega Red", a Sabretooth tiger, a mammoth but also don't you think the panelling regarding Wolverine and the leader of that Soteira killteam was strange? Like somekind of a Tyler Durden situation?

Now of course it's just speculation, but what if Logan has always been a prisoner since his resurrection? What if he never left his prison but he was used as a guinea pig and as a living incubator by Persephone? What if Anna was one of the scientist and she tried to give him a chance to fight back before being killed (cover of ROW 4)?

Persephone power isn't just to poke inside someone mind, but she can lock each of their persona/memories in their own mind. Once one persona/memory is unlocked it create something in the real world in combination with that living incubator, so each time Logan open a cell, something is created. That would explain the Patch line: "she stole lifetimes from you" and why he doesn't remember a lot, but also why we had a Wolverine with different characterizations since Legacy and so many familiar characters during the Hunt (Lord Darkwind and Graydon Creed for example).

"It will be over soon", "She wants to take our greatness", Logan's mind is destroyed bit by bit until there is nothing left but just an empty shell. Maybe Logan is reliving what was done with the things created with his mind and this incubator. He just witnessed a kidnapping, next issue he might relive some of the things we saw during the hunt.

Also the titles of each issue is strange: First issue: Hell, Second issue: The Sea maybe it's another hint about Logan's mind trying to fight his way back to where his body is really is right now: in Space.
    So it's not mindcontrol or doppelganger but a mix of both. In a way Logan commited all those atrocities but at the same time he didn't and that would explain why he's a prisoner of Persephone in a space station at the end of Dead Ends.
    end of spoilers

Yeah sometimes I'm thinking too much
    Last edited by Hush; 09-19-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think it's just a mix of what kind of art most readers wants nowadays and the need to meet deadlines. Even Adam Kubert or Leinil Yu that I used to love, have a new style that I don't like at all. McNiven's art is really detailled, same for someone like Fabok, Coipel, Dauterman or even Ribic but they can't commit to an ongoing book for too long especially now that a lot of book double ship.

It's from Dark Reign: Elektra vol.1 #5.

The first time we got a hint that Logan might be older than he looks was during Alpha Flight #33 when he said he fought during the war. But the first confirmation was in Uncanny X-Men 268 where we saw him fight alongside Captain America in Madripoor in 1941.

Brian Cronin wrote a nice article about that: https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-aging-slowly/

900 and 1000? If I remember well it was a joke done by Marvel when they released a Deadpool #900 and #1000 issues but since it worked well they did the same with Logan.

Ah poor Creed, now I remember this image of that fat Wolverine from Paradise X lol.

Just read it and it was really enjoyable especially the art by McNiven. Unfortunately even him can't make that
    spoilers:
    soteira costume
    end of spoilers looks good lol.

Regarding the story, well I might have a theory about what happening (yeah another one lol):

spoilers:
    Basically what we saw happened in this issue is a mix of what's happening in Logan's head and in the real world similar to what happened during the Weapon X experiment. So we know that Persephone basically had her little fun inside Logan's head and she gave him a key to unlock whatever personna/memory he wants to unlock.
    We also knows knows that Logan is somehow aware about Soteira's experiments, about using a person as a living incubator, grow something inside of them and harvest it. We also knows from that Scientist, that Persephone is basically destroying everything good in a person and used them as her plaything.

Looking at what happened in this issue, we saw a "clone of Omega Red", a Sabretooth tiger, a mammoth but also don't you think the panelling regarding Wolverine and the leader of that Soteira killteam was strange? Like somekind of a Tyler Durden situation?

Now of course it's just speculation, but what if Logan has always been a prisoner since his resurrection? What if he never left his prison but he was used as a guinea pig and as a living incubator by Persephone? What if Anna was one of the scientist and she tried to give him a chance to fight back before being killed (cover of ROW 4)?

Persephone power isn't just to poke inside someone mind, but she can lock each of their persona. Once one persona is unlocked it create something in the real world in combination with that living incubator, so each time Logan open a cell, something is created. That would explain the Patch line: "she stole lifetimes from you" and why he doesn't remember a lot, but also why we had so many different Wolverine with different characterization running around since Legacy.

"It will be over soon", "She wants to take our greatness", Logan's mind is destroyed bit by bit until there is nothing left but just an empty shell. Maybe Logan is reliving what was done with the things created with his mind and this incubator. He just witnessed a kidnapping, next issue he might relive some of the things we saw during the hunt. But all those personas don't last and sooner or later they die.

Also the titles of each issue is strange: First issue: Hell, Second issue: The Sea maybe it's another hint about Logan mind trying to fight his way back to where his body is really is right now: in Space.
    So it's not mindcontrol or doppelganger but a mix of both. In a way Logan commited all those atrocities but at the same time he didn't and that would explain why he's a prisoner in Persephone in a space station at the end of Dead Ends.
    end of spoilers

Yes, but c'mon it would be hilarious to see Creed doing an 80s montage lol.

Thanks for the info, that aticle was really helpfull. I like your theory, don't worry about thinking too much man, i had been in that position before lol.

But i realñy like this idea of "Taking away their greatness" that Persephone has, i guest that i should have seen it coming when Soule talked about exploring what Wolverine means to the Marvel Universe.

Yes, but c'mon it would be hilarious to see Creed doing an 80s montage lol.

Thanks for the info, that aticle was really helpfull. I like your theory, don't worry about thinking too much man, i had been in that position before lol.

But i realñy like this idea of "Taking away their greatness" that Persephone has, i guest that i should have seen it coming when Soule talked about exploring what Wolverine means to the Marvel Universe.
    I admit seeing Sabretooth running on the beach against one of the marauders or trying to improve his footwork could be fun lol. Yeah it's really strange right now especially that line "taking away their greatness" and regarding what Wolverine means for the Marvel Universe, Declan Shalvey posted this picture on twitter:

source:https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...57461735620615

He said it's not for a team book and since he's currently drawing Return of Wolverine well maybe the Avengers will be present during this saga.

Ah yeah I admit creating theories with you guys is really fun

I admit seeing Sabretooth running on the beach against one of the marauders or trying to improve his footwork could be fun lol. Yeah it's really strange right now especially that line "taking away their greatness" and regarding what Wolverine means for the Marvel Universe, Declan Shalvey posted this picture on twitter:

source:https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...57461735620615

He said it's not for a team book and since he's currently drawing Return of Wolverine well maybe the Avengers will be present during this saga.

Ah yeah I admit creating theories with you guys is really fun
    Scallpunter could be his Apollo Creed .

Yeah, regardless of our feelings about the move, Logan is an Avenger too, it would be weird if they don't make any mention of it, i wonder if Reed Richards is going to appear too.

Ha ha, yeah theory time has became a great way to past the time here lol.

Scallpunter could be his Apollo Creed .

Yeah, regardless of our feelings about the move, Logan is an Avenger too, it would be weird if they don't make any mention of it, i wonder if Reed Richards is going to appear too.

Ha ha, yeah theory time has became a great way to past the time here lol.
    Scalphunter as Apollo and training Sabretooth? Eh I could see it:

Yeah I have to agree about the Avengers, especially since it's mentioned on the first page of the book. Regarding Reed, I'm not sure since Return of Wolverine is supposed to take place before the return of the FF but who knows he appeared in Death and Hunt so maybe he will have a surprise cameo here too.

Ah so true about theory time

By the way the third chapter of The Long Night is available

Scalphunter as Apollo and training Sabretooth? Eh I could see it:

Yeah I have to agree about the Avengers, especially since it's mentioned on the first page of the book. Regarding Reed, I'm not sure since Return of Wolverine is supposed to take place before the return of the FF but who knows he appeared in Death and Hunt so maybe he will have a surprise cameo here too.

Ah so true about theory time
    "Do you see the look in their eyes Victor, that's the look that you used to have, the eye of the Sabretooth. Also the body, because man you let yourself go" .

Sadly, no Spider-Man in that picture lol.

Theory time FTW!!!

"Do you see the look in their eyes Victor, that's the look that you used to have, the eye of the Sabretooth. Also the body, because man you let yourself go" .

Sadly, no Spider-Man in that picture lol.

Theory time FTW!!!
    Lmao, send the script to Marvel and call Matt Murdock, you need a new copyright lol. Yeah unfortunately no Spidey, but looking at the Avengers lineup and at the fact that something about Logan's resurrection will be revealed in the Avengers serie that might be the reason this team is in Return of Wolverine.

Ah those theories, of course in the end it could just be mindcontrol and Logan thinking he's doing great things but in truth he's murdering innocent people all over the world thanks to Persephone's brainwashing. Honestly if that's another mindcontrolled story and the revelation is that Logan did commit all those murders we saw during the Hunt while thinking he was doing some good deeds that would be a big disappointment.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-19-2018 at 08:57 AM.

BANNED

Don't know about Kubert's recent art but i liked Francis Yu's art during Phoenix Resurrection , the last issue really gave some moments with Jean and OML. Fabok isn't a Marvel artist as far as i know but he is one of my favorite artists and i would always choose him for drawing Batman but i expect him to join the Marvel just like his mentor Finch did. Ribic's art is good but not much detailed in terms of inking

[QUOTE=Hush;3911175]
    spoilers:
    soteira costume
    end of spoilers looks good lol.[\QUOTE]

Yeah Shalvey's costume design was hilarious and lets hope Mcniven didn't have to draw this same costume in his last issue

Regarding the story, well I have a theory about what's happening (yeah another one lol):

spoilers:
    Basically what we saw in this issue is a mix of what's happening in Logan's head and in the real world similar to what happened during the Weapon X experiment. So we know that Persephone basically had her little fun inside Logan's head and she gave him a key to unlock whatever personna/memory he wants to unlock.
    We also know that Logan is somehow aware of Soteira's experiments and especially about using a person as a living incubator, grow something inside of them and harvest it. We also knows from that Scientist, that Persephone is basically destroying everything good in a person and used them as her plaything.

Persephone power isn't just to poke inside someone mind, but she can lock each of their persona/memories in their own mind. Once one persona/memory is unlocked it create something in the real world in combination with that living incubator, so each time Logan open a cell, something is created. That would explain the Patch line: "she stole lifetimes from you" and why he doesn't remember a lot, but also why we had a Wolverine with different characterizations since Legacy and so many familiar characters during the Hunt (Lord Darkwind and Graydon Creed for example).

"It will be over soon", "She wants to take our greatness", Logan's mind is destroyed bit by bit until there is nothing left but just an empty shell. Maybe Logan is reliving what was done with the things created with his mind and this incubator. He just witnessed a kidnapping, next issue he might relive some of the things we saw during the hunt. But all those personas don't last and sooner or later they die.

Also the titles of each issue is strange: First issue: Hell, Second issue: The Sea maybe it's another hint about Logan's mind trying to fight his way back to where his body is really is right now: in Space.
    So it's not mindcontrol or doppelganger but a mix of both. In a way Logan commited all those atrocities but at the same time he didn't and that would explain why he's a prisoner of Persephone in a space station at the end of Dead Ends.
    end of spoilers

Yeah it looks like Persephone is trying to deconstruct Logan's characterization by destroying Logan's persona as a hero . I think it basically means that he is wrestling with the idea with what he had became , an X-Man and Avenger . But it wasn't much notified that what Logan has done in his past after he was resurrected and brainwashed i suppose , and i think that those memories about his sins will eventually come out when Logan will try to relive more of his past with time or u can say after next issue .

But on the next issue i really wanted to know about the reason behind his hot claws(maybe its related to his amensia) , because there is more then enough mystery remains for the last 4 issues .....

But i can't deny this issue was really entertaining especially those broken bones of DOW and that was shown on ROW , maybe we will get to see more of this on the next issue
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.

BANNED

Lmao, send the script to Marvel and call Matt Murdock, you need a new copyright lol. Yeah unfortunately no Spidey, but looking at the Avengers lineup and at the fact that something about Logan's resurrection will be revealed in the Avengers serie that might be the reason this team is in Return of Wolverine.

Ah those theories, of course in the end it could just be mindcontrol and Logan thinking he's doing great things but in truth he's murdering innocent people all over the world thanks to Persephone's brainwashing. Honestly if that's another mindcontrolled story and the revelation is that Logan did commit all those murders we saw during the Hunt while thinking he was doing some good deeds that would be a big disappointment.
    Don't u think that the Avengers #700 issue will not be much related with current story line we have in mind for ROW ??? Soule said that on a CBR interview that ROW is 93% POV of Logan with certain appearances of his fellow X-Men

http://https://www.cbr.com/return-of...w-hot-claws/3/
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-19-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Don't know about Kubert's recent art but i liked Francis Yu's art during Phoenix Resurrection , the last issue really gave some moments with Jean and OML. Fabok isn't a Marvel artist as far as i know but he is one of my favorite artists and i would always choose him for drawing Batman but i expect him to join the Marvel just like his mentor Finch did. Ribic's art is good but not much detailed in terms of inking

Yeah Shalvey's costume design was hilarious and lets hope Mcniven didn't have to draw this same costume in his last issue

Yeah it looks like Persephone is trying to deconstruct Logan's characterization by destroying Logan's persona as a hero . I think it basically means that he is wrestling with the idea with what he had became , an X-Man and Avenger . But it wasn't much notified that what Logan has done in his past after he was resurrected and brainwashed i suppose , and i think that those memories about his sins will eventually come out when Logan will try to relive more of his past with time or u can say after next issue .

But on the next issue i really wanted to know about the reason behind his hot claws(maybe its related to his amensia) , because there is more then enough mystery remains for the last 4 issues .....

But i can't deny this issue was really entertaining especially those broken bones of DOW and that was shown on ROW , maybe we will get to see more of this on the next issue
    Yeah let's hope next issue will be the last time we see that horrible costume lol.

I agree with you I really hope Soule will give us some answers with the next issue especially regarding what happened during the Hunt and Legacy because I'm okay with building a mystery but right now it's been almost a year since Logan appeared in Legacy and we still have no clue about what's going on. And if all this buildup was just to have another mindcontroled/brainwashed story that would be underwhelming.

Yeah the hot claws might be a side effect related to how Persephone brought Logan back to life and to his amnesia. Maybe it has something to do with that machine on Logan's torso we saw on the cover of the fourth issue of Return of Wolverine. Those flashbacks from Death of Wolverine were really nice and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of those especially some with Cornelius or Viper.

Also I hope they show how Persephone managed to recover Logan's body and if she was helped by someone.