Page 69 of 138 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2066
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I really meant to listen to that but I never think to.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

*sigh* Marvel is delaying his return again !!! But they didn't said anything about ROW #5 being delayed though ? I am really disappointed about this . Things are really going to be jarring and unethical for me on ROW after this

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-january-2019/
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-18-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Well, if is true at least is still going to end in january, not fond of the delay thougth.

So, Declan Shalvey needs more time, it is a pity, but RoW will end in January as planned if this is correct.
    Better this way than the art being rushed.

Wip RoW:

https://twitter.com/declanshalvey?lang=de

lol! Declan Shalvey seems to have fun!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 10-18-2018 at 11:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    So, Declan Shalvey needs more time, it is a pity, but RoW will end in January as planned if this is correct.
    Well i wouldn't deny with ur point, but remind u there are countless ways to criticize about how Marvel had treated so badly with Logan's return , especially with the sudden change of the artist from Mcniven to Shalvey and the reason they gave for that wasn't satisfiable for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well i wouldn't deny with ur point, but remind u there are countless ways to criticize about how Marvel had treated so badly with Logan's return , especially with the sudden change of the artist from Mcniven to Shalvey and the reason they gave for that wasn't satisfiable for me at least.
    I can understand your frustration!
    You know, I really wish Wolverine's return had been handled differently, especially the post credit stuff and the Hunt minis.Would I have preferred RoW drawn by the same artist, hell yes.....!!!
    But what's done is done. In the case of RoW: I do not know when the script was handed to the artists, do not know how much editorial interference happened, do not know the problems the artists faced during their work etc., etc......
    I 'll just roll with it and try to get the most enjoyment out of it. Can't change it anyway and I refuse to let me dragged down by something in my spare time. I'll pass my judgement when I have seen the final product, but I am that kind of person who tries to focus mostly on the positive things, it is my spare time after all!!!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 10-19-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I read the Venom annual and the OML, can't really add much to what you already said, because i agreed completly, Logan's Loveness remind a lot to him in the late 70s and early 80s his smugness was so fun.
    Yep exactly he really sounds like the old Wolverine from the late 70s and early 80s, I miss this Logan But seriously I hope Marvel will give Jeff Loveness another shot at writing Logan, the guy really knows his stuff when it comes to the X-Men in my opinion.

This podcast is great.
    Here is a panel from the adaptation, artist Marcio Takara:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpvAJCcXoAYpDna.jpg:large[img]

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara?lang=de

and a variant cover from Gabriel H.Walta:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpuickGXUAElNSB.jpg:large[img]

https://twitter.com/ghwalta?lang=de
    Yeah I’m really impressed by it, nice story, good voice acting and as whole it's really immersive. Also Logan’s characterization, while closer to the Logan post House Of M and to the one from the Aaron’s run especially from the A mile in my moccasins story, still retains this aura of mystery that was part of Logan's characterization a long time ago so it's a good mix. The fact that Logan is portrayed as an urban legend and a force of nature is also something I really like.

I just hope that Percy will end the story on a high note!

Thanks for the pics by the way! I really like Marcio Takara's art and that cover by Walta is nice too!

I agree on everything you wrote here.

I really like Ibraim Robersons art on OML, but it is a pity that the OML series finish with a transition arc.

By the way: thank you Hush, biswaboxz for posting all the infos of the Wolverine solicitations of January!
    One thing I can say about the Old Man Logan series is that it’s one of the few marvel series in recent years where the art has been consistenly great for the most part and I agree Ibrahim Robertston is no exception, I love the way he draws the Old Man. But as you said, it's just unfortunate that the series is ending on a transition arc, I just hope the pacing will be better during the Dead Man Logan series.

You’re welcome!

spoilers:
    I laugth with the Wendigo reference lol, good to know that he exist here.

Yeah, Armitage sounds a bit like Rambo in some parts, wicth make sense considering how broken Logan is in this story
    end of spoilers

Yeah, i think that all the pieces were set, now is time for the climax to star and have some answers.
    spoilers:
    Ha when I heard the guy said that Logan was a Wendigo, I thought: “TheCape is going to love the reference” lol. Yeah both Rambo and Logan are broken soldiers who are suffering from PTSD and who have troubles to adapt to the civilization after everything they went through. When I heard Logan talked to Maureen voicemail and in this episode about his past, I had this image of Rambo talking to the Colonel Trautman, since I loved the first Rambo and especially that ending scene, that was amazing for me!
    end of spoilers

I hope so, time for Logan to show why he’s the best there is!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I really meant to listen to that but I never think to.
    At first I wasn’t really interested because I’m not a big fan of storytelling Podcasts, but after hearing what millernumber1 said in the Long Night thread and hearing some of the preview clips I decided to give it a try and I was blown away. So yeah if you have time try one episode, you might enjoy it

You have got to be kidding me we sacrifice McNivens far superior art in the name of getting it out on time and now the B squad botches getting his issues out on time unbelievable. If this was McNivens I wouldn’t care it would be worth the wait but this guy isn’t. I was mad enough to have to settle for his art on time late I’m tempted not to bother. So mad! It’s going to be 2020 by the time we get his solo back at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    *sigh* Marvel is delaying his return again !!! But they didn't said anything about ROW #5 being delayed though ? I am really disappointed about this . Things are really going to be jarring and unethical for me on ROW after this

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-january-2019/
    The delay is disappointing but honestly I’m not really surprised, Shalvey is the kind of artist you don’t want to rush so let him take his time and he will deliver something truly amazing. Although the third issue is supposed to be very controversial so the wait for the fourth issue will be even more difficult lol.

Well, if is true at least is still going to end in january, not fond of the delay thougth.
    I hope so, McNiven began working on the last issue some time ago so it should be on time, I remember there was a delay for one issue of Death Of Wolverine though.

Wip RoW:

https://twitter.com/declanshalvey?lang=de

lol! Declan Shalvey seems to have fun!
    Nice! Thanks for sharing GylT'Nav, at least we know he will wear the costume again during the mini lol.

I can understand your frustration!
    You know, I really wish Wolverine's return had been handled differently, especially the post credit stuff and the Hunt minis.Would I have preferred RoW drawn by the same artist, hell yes.....!!!
    But what's done is done. In the case of RoW: I do not know when the script was handed to the artists, do not know how much editorial interference happened, do not know the problems the artists faced during their work etc., etc......
    I 'll just roll with it and try to get the most enjoyment out of it. Can't change it anyway and I refuse to let me dragged down by something in my spare time. I'll pass my judgement when I have seen the final product, but I am that kind of person who tries to focus mostly on the positive things, it is my spare time after all!!!
    Honestly yeah, lot more books to read in the meantime and it’s just a hobby no need to take things too seriously and while there can be some frustration if everything finished on time in January that won’t be a problem for me.

Now if Marvel can reveal the new creative team for the relaunch all will be forgiven lol.

Marvel has botched this event beyond compare. Legacy one bam Logan is back get hyped fans! Oh by the way we’ll not use him at all for a few months. Hey Logan fans get don’t miss the after credit scenes building the mystery of Logan’s return. Opps he’ll do nothing of note in any of those nor will we hint at anything. But wait he’s got an infinity stone just wait until you see what he has planned for and what he will use it for. (First issue uses it once to teleport in a fights no name ultron goons never uses it again. His epic plan give to Blackwidow whomp whomp.) No for real this time it’s the can’t miss hunt for Wolverine! (No one finds him no mystery is revealed could have skipped the whole thing).

No but seriously Return of Wolverine with Soule and McNivens all Star team for all Star event. (Week later well except for this random artist nothing like McNivens doing most of the issue but they’ll be on time.)

On time is important we can’t let this be late it’s too epic (oh yeah that artist you got only because this thing had to be on time yeah he can’t draw this on time either. Sorry so you get cheated out of better art and you have to wait longer)
    Last edited by WeaponX; 10-19-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yep exactly he really sounds like the old Wolverine from the late 70s and early 80s, I miss this Logan But seriously I hope Marvel will give Jeff Loveness another shot at writing Logan, the guy really knows his stuff when it comes to the X-Men in my opinion.

Yeah I’m really impressed by it, nice story, good voice acting and as whole it's really immersive. Also Logan’s characterization, while closer to the Logan post House Of M and to the one from the Aaron’s run especially from the A mile in my moccasins story, still retains this aura of mystery that was part of Logan's characterization a long time ago so it's a good mix. The fact that Logan is portrayed as an urban legend and a force of nature is also something I really like.

I just hope that Percy will end the story on a high note!

Thanks for the pics by the way! I really like Marcio Takara's art and that cover by Walta is nice too!

One thing I can say about the Old Man Logan series is that it’s one of the few marvel series in recent years where the art has been consistenly great for the most part and I agree Ibrahim Robertston is no exception, I love the way he draws the Old Man. But as you said, it's just unfortunate that the series is ending on a transition arc, I just hope the pacing will be better during the Dead Man Logan series.

You’re welcome!

spoilers:
    Ha when I heard the guy said that Logan was a Wendigo, I thought: “TheCape is going to love the reference” lol. Yeah both Rambo and Logan are broken soldiers who are suffering from PTSD and who have troubles to adapt to the civilization after everything they went through. When I heard Logan talked to Maureen voicemail and in this episode about his past, I had this image of Rambo talking to the Colonel Trautman, since I loved the first Rambo and especially that ending scene, that was amazing for me!
    end of spoilers

I hope so, time for Logan to show why he’s the best there is!

At first I wasn’t really interested because I’m not a big fan of storytelling Podcasts, but after hearing what millernumber1 said in the Long Night thread and hearing some of the preview clips I decided to give it a try and I was blown away. So yeah if you have time try one episode, you might enjoy it
    Yeah Logan sort of became more of a sad sack around the early 90s, but to be fair after Mariko's death and the memory implants plot is difficult to not see why, Loveness Logan felt a lot like the classic Byrne/Claremont cocky and ruthless but with hidden depths thay you couldn't see at first glance.

True i can see Aaron Wolverine on Percy's take, i always read Jason's Logan as a disaster of man, deply broken and not very heroic that is trying to be.... less like that, with different degrees of sucess.

spoilers:
    When i hear it i was like, "Man, Hush is going to tease me with this lol", i wasn't wrong .

But really i want to see how the Landrocks and the Long Night cult sre connected (beyond that their leader doesn't like then of course and cosider then evil) because they feel like 2 separated plots that still had to converge, maybe Logan is working for the cult too?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-19-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    You have got to be kidding me we sacrifice McNivens far superior art in the name of getting it out on time and now the B squad botches getting his issues out on time unbelievable. If this was McNivens I wouldn’t care it would be worth the wait but this guy isn’t. I was mad enough to have to settle for his art on time late I’m tempted not to bother. So mad! It’s going to be 2020 by the time we get his solo back at this rate.
    Dont blame him.All new wolverine had something similar with enemy of state 2 they keep swapping two artist in and out while giving them little time to finish giving it very poor art. The same think is happening here with return McNiven is good but very slow and his new style takes even more time to draw. He never should have been given covers and the issues, and shalcey has to do this untop of death of old man and was given return with very little time. They should have giving issues 2,3,and 4 to a artist who wasent doing any projects at the time or used to to pick up a good freelance artist . I dont know what's going on behind the scenes but it feels like they never gave the artist the proper lead time. This is a error on marvel upper magment not understanding how there artist work. And is all the more crazy giving how long this was going on,

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Dont blame him.All new wolverine had something similar with enemy of state 2 they keep swapping two artist in and out while giving them little time to finish giving it very poor art. The same think is happening here with return McNiven is good but very slow and his new style takes even more time to draw. He never should have been given covers and the issues, and shalcey has to do this untop of death of old man and was given return with very little time. They should have giving issues 2,3,and 4 to a artist who wasent doing any projects at the time or used to to pick up a good freelance artist . I dont know what's going on behind the scenes but it feels like they never gave the artist the proper lead time. This is a error on marvel upper magment not understanding how there artist work. And is all the more crazy giving how long this was going on,
    Oh I don’t blame him. It’s just really was anyone excited for him on this past it keeping it on time? That’s how Marvel sold this after hyping a creative team that basically isn’t the creative team and trying to slide it in after the hype over the announced team died down. It was a sleazy move by marvel after using this event to wring every dollar they could from the fans before this came out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Oh I don’t blame him. It’s just really was anyone excited for him on this past it keeping it on time? That’s how Marvel sold this after hyping a creative team that basically isn’t the creative team and trying to slide it in after the hype over the announced team died down. It was a sleazy move by marvel after using this event to wring every dollar they could from the fans before this came out.
    It's less sleazy more not knowing artist dont chain them self to a drawing board for 20 hours a week. If you know artist is slow and even slower do to there new style you need to give them a **** ton of time. The fact that the fill in artist is working on a 12 issue series for them shout have made them realise giving him 3 new issues to draw on a tight schedule is a bad idea. Expect death of old man to delayed because of this to. There are literally dozens of artist out there that could have filled in and marvel should have had them before hand. This was all a avoidable problem. This is showing return was created more recently and the hunt tie ins were done to draw out time for McNiven to finish art. They should have left logans return being part of infinity if they would have this many problems with it.