Page 68 of 138 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    LOL then only 7 days to go , i hope Soule and Shalvey could concentrate in solving those complicated things(like hot claws and persephone) which Soule has has told before rather than choreographing action pack sequences like CBMs
    Well let's hope he can do both lol but yeah the issue should clarify some things about what's going on, at least I hope so! I can't wait for the second issue next week!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wolverine has a Doop!!!!, the god help us all people, his going to take Creed down and hard

Yea, Logan was a bit extreme with Piort in that figth, i'm sure that Scott has other blackbirds to spare, otherwise it would be very awarkd for not flyers to go in a battle.

Considering that most of the X-Men in the cover can take down Logan (barring Kurt and Kitty who are more even with him), i think that the whole thing is going to be a dream.
    Never mess with the Doop!

Poor Piotr got his ass kicked during that fight, Logan can really be a little extreme when he wants to teach someone a lesson lol but yeah I hope Cyclops has a good insurrance for the blackbirds or some to spare because otherwise the X-Men are going to be broke really quickly lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a simulation or his vision of the reality is distorted and things are not what it looks like, basically something similar to what happened to Old Man Logan when he killed the X-Men. Or everything is happening inside his head and he's fighting against his own memories, that could be a nice twist

Logan had a small team-up story with Venom in Venom Annual. I'd reccomend it.

BANNED

OML comics are literally a joke right now !!!! WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Logan had a small team-up story with Venom in Venom Annual. I'd reccomend it.
    I agree the Venom Annual was great, Jeff Loveness writes a great Logan:

spoilers:
    Venom might be little underpowered but you can put that on his emotional state and honestly I loved how Logan got inside Eddy’s head, that was smart and I also liked how Loveness showed that both characters are at same time really similar and completely different. The way Logan was making fun of Venom’s obsession with Spidey was really funny especially when he said:

“Wow you made Spider-Man sad? Congratulations. I stabbed the Hulk last week.”
    end of spoilers

So yeah Jeff Loveness did a great job in my opinion and honestly after reading this issue and Life after Logan I hope that he will write a team-up story with Logan and Scott one day! Well you know what add Rich too, his Nova series was so great too!

So I also read Old Man Logan #49 and despite a strong first scene, it was a big disappointment for me and as we guessed:

spoilers:
    The big rematch between the Maestro and Logan will only happen in the last issue.
    end of spoilers

Honestly those two issues should have been combined into one, I’m really disappointed by Brisson right now especially after some of the great arcs we got recently with Bullseye and Kraven but here the pacing was just too slow, almost nothing happened and basically we’re almost back to square one.
    In my opinion this whole Maestro story should have only lasted 2 issues.

And finally Thor #6, that one was epic and sad at the same time:

spoilers:
    Phoenix Logan sacrificing his life in order to give Thor and Mjolnir the power of the Phoenix and a chance against Doom was nice. Although the whole penance stare and Thor still crying about Gorr being right was a little annoying and I’m glad Logan called Thor on it, if only our Logan could have done the same thing with the present Thor but unfortunately he was dead at the time lol.

Logan’s characterization was great, his final battle and his death were really epic! You know thinking about it Aaron is great at killing Logan between this story and Logan's epic death during Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine against Doom again lol.
    Doom’s characterization was disappointing though and a little cliché to be honest, not as interesting as God Doom from Secret Wars but still some of the things he did with his powers were just crazy
    end of spoilers

So yeah despite some weak points, it was a great issue especially for Wolverine’s fans and much more exciting and fun than the last issue of Old Man Logan.

Also in other news episode 7 of the Long Night is available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

I have just read Venom Annual #1 !
    spoilers:
    After a long time i see a writer to show that Logan can use an enemy's emotional state against him ,as his own advantage . Tbh I might be wrong but Logan do have more agility fts than Brock since he has no Spider-sense but in terms of durability and strength Logan has much less fts against Venom . I think it was a fair fight
    end of spoilers

I don't want to talk about OML , it was filler over filler !!! It was a joke !!! I don't think Brisson's average writing really deserves Sorrentino's cover art . I am really happy that Sorrentino has got what he deserves !! (i.e Avengers ) . Although i wouldn't deny he had done some big things apart from OML like Secret Empire
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

spoilers:
    Venom might be little underpowered but you can put that on his emotional state and honestly I loved how Logan got inside Eddy’s head, that was smart and I also liked how Loveness showed that both characters are at same time really similar and completely different. The way Logan was making fun of Venom’s obsession with Spidey was really funny especially when he said:

end of spoilers

So yeah Jeff Loveness did a great job in my opinion and honestly after reading this issue and Life after Logan I hope that he will write a team-up story with Logan and Scott one day! Well you know what add Rich too, his Nova series was so great too!

So I also read Old Man Logan #49 and despite a strong first scene, it was a big disappointment for me and as we guessed:

spoilers:
    The big rematch between the Maestro and Logan will only happen in the last issue.
    end of spoilers

Honestly those two issues should have been combined into one, I’m really disappointed by Brisson right now especially after some of the great arcs we got recently with Bullseye and Kraven but here the pacing was just too slow, almost nothing happened and basically we’re almost back to square one.

spoilers:
    Phoenix Logan sacrificing his life in order to give Thor and Mjolnir the power of the Phoenix and a chance against Doom was nice. Although the whole penance stare and Thor still crying about Gorr being right was a little annoying and I’m glad Logan called Thor on it, if only our Logan could have done the same thing with the present Thor but unfortunately he was dead at the time lol.

Logan’s characterization was great, his final battle and his death were really epic! You know thinking about it Aaron is great at killing Logan between this story and Logan's epic death during Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine against Doom again lol.
    Doom’s characterization was disappointing though and a little cliché to be honest, not as interesting as God Doom from Secret Wars but still some of the things he did with his powers were just crazy
    end of spoilers

So yeah despite some weak points, it was a great issue especially for Wolverine’s fans and much more exciting and fun than the last issue of Old Man Logan.
    I just read ur spoiler , u do remember Logan can use enemy's emotional state against him right !!!? I thought it was a fair fight in terms of Logan and Venom's skills showing ???

P.S:
    spoilers:
    I have just read Thor #6, both are amazing but as u said, Doom's character wasn't reaching up to the expectations and again we get see Thor's Aaronism, even if it was Penance Stare i never like that . Btw Doom's powers were really badass and quite OP but at long last God Thor wins LOL
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-17-2018 at 10:06 AM.

I have just read Venom Annual #1 !
    spoilers:
    After a long time i see some writer shown that Logan can use an enemy's emotional state against him ,as his own advantage . Tbh I might be wrong but Logan do have more agility than Brock since he has no Spider-sense but in terms of durability and strength Logan has much less fts against Venom . I think it was a fair fight
    end of spoilers

I don't want to talk about OML , it was filler over filler !!! It was a joke !!! I don't think Brisson's average writing really deserves Sorrentino's cover art . I am really happy that Sorrentino has got what he deserves !! (i.e Avengers ) . Although i wouldn't deny he had done some big things apart from OML like Secret Empire
    The art was great though and while I found this arc disappointing, I think Brisson is a great writer (his Iron Fist series is great) who unfortunately messed up with the pacing of this arc. That's why it disappoint me because I know Brisson can do much better than that.

Sorrentino's Green Arrow and Gideon Falls are also both amaazing!

I just read ur spoiler(i havent' read Thor #6 yet) , u do remember Logan can use enemy's emotional state against him right !!!? I thought it was a fair fight in terms of Logan and Venom's skills showing ???
    Well that's what I said, Logan playing mind games with Venom explains how he could mess with him. I mean l like Wolverine but Venom can kick Logan's ass any day of the week if he wanted but in this issue the fight between the two of them makes sense.

BANNED

The art was great though and while I found this arc disappointing, I think Brisson is a great writer (his Iron Fist series is great) who unfortunately messed up with the pacing of this arc. That's why it disappoint me because I know Brisson can do much better than that.

Sorrentino's Green Arrow and Gideon Falls are also both amaazing!

Well that's what I said, Logan playing mind games with Venom explains how he could mess with him. I mean l like Wolverine but Venom can kick Logan's ass any day of the week if he wanted but in this issue the fight between the two of them makes sense.
    Well i do like spoilers:
    Venom kicking Juggernaut's ass but i really thought Venom was little OP there . Whereas Logan and Venom 's fight was quite different c'ause it was not bloodlusted imo but i think Venom could really do some real damage to him if he gets his hand on him and hands are really long
    end of spoilers

So I’ve just finished listening to the last episode of The Long Night:

spoilers:
    Well we finally learned some new interesting things about Logan’s past. Logan used to fight in Afghanistan outside of Kabul where he was tasked to kill a Warlord but during his rampage, one girl was killed in a crossfire and it haunts him. He was also in Burma and more precisely in Bago where he was tasked to kill everyone at a banquet but in the end he had to kill everyone in the hotel. He was also in Pyongyang in a prison camp.
    No exact dates were given though but most of those "secret operations" must have happened during the twentieth century but it's hard to say when exactly since we don't know when the Weapon X project happened in this universe, although Percy said that he was a fan of the Aaron’s run and I remember that during the Get Mystique story Logan mentioned that he was in Afghanistan in 1986 where he saved Mordad from the Russians so maybe it was a reference to this story or just an ester egg. It could also be an update to Logan's soldier background, similar to what Marvel did with the Punisher in the Netflix shows or during the Rucka/Cloonan runs.

Speaking of easter egg, we also got a mention of the “Wendigo” when the guy Logan saved said that he thought Logan was one lol. So the Wendigo exists in this universe at least!
    This rescue scene was really interesting and was also very nice action sequence. We finally heard Logan fight against some wolves and well it was brutal, feral and Logan was really frightening during this battle. The scene was also really reminiscent of the Origin mini where Logan fought against the black wolf to prove he was the alpha male of the tribe.

Regarding Logan’s characterization, he really sounds like a broken man, who has memory problems and ironically he wants to forget the few memories he still has. Despite all of that he still wants to do better and help people, although what he did at the end of the episode was ruthless.
    By the way I don’t know about all of you, but after hearing Logan talked about this past in this episode or when he talked to Maureen’s voicemail in the previous episodes, Richard Armitage really sounds like Sylvester Stallone from the first Rambo movie and more precisely during the exchange between John and the colonel Trautman at the end of the movie.

When it comes to the plot, we didn’t get a lot of new clues but we had more details about the whole magic/mysticism plot which really gives an "X-Files" vibe to the story but more importantly we learned that Agent Pierce hates cats lol. The cliffhanger was really brutal tough, Logan wasn’t kidding around and it put the whole plot back on track.
    end of spoilers

So all in all another good episode which feels like an interlude focusing on Logan and most especially on his background which is something that was needed since we didn’t hear Logan a lot during the previous episodes. But after this cliffhanger, the plot should move forward in the next episode and give us some answers about what’s really going on and maybe some clues about the identity of the main antagonist!
    Last edited by Hush; 10-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I read the Venom annual and the OML, can't really add much to what you already said, because i agreed completly, Logan's Loveness remind a lot to him in the late 70s and early 80s his smugness was so fun.

spoilers:
    Well we finally learned some new interesting things about Logan’s past. Logan used to fight in Afghanistan outside of Kabul where he was tasked to kill a Warlord but during his rampage, one girl was killed in a crossfire and it haunts him. He was also in Burma and more precisely in Bago where he was tasked to kill everyone at a banquet but in the end he had to kill everyone in the hotel. He was also in Pyongyang in a prison camp.
    No exact dates were given though but most of those "secret operations" must have happened during the twentieth century but it's hard to say when exactly since we don't know when the Weapon X project happened in this universe, although Percy said that he was a fan of the Aaron’s run and I remember that during the Get Mystique story Logan mentioned that he was in Afghanistan in 1986 where he saved Mordad from the Russians so maybe it was a reference to this story or just an ester egg. It could also be an update to Logan's soldier background, similar to what Marvel did with the Punisher in the Netflix shows or during the Rucka/Cloonan runs.

Speaking of easter egg, we also got a mention of the “Wendigo” when the guy Logan saved said that he thought Logan was one lol. So the Wendigo exists in this universe at least!
    This rescue scene was really interesting and was also very nice action sequence. We finally heard Logan fight against some wolves and well it was brutal, feral and Logan was really frightening during this battle. The scene was also really reminiscent of the Origin mini where Logan fought against the black wolf to prove he was the alpha male of the tribe.

Regarding Logan’s characterization, he really sounds like a broken man, who has memory problems and ironically he wants to forget the few memories he still has. Despite all of that he still wants to do better and help people, although what he did at the end of the episode was ruthless.
    By the way I don’t know about all of you, but after hearing Logan talked about this past in this episode or when he talked to Maureen’s voicemail in the previous episodes, Richard Armitage really sounds like Sylvester Stallone from the first Rambo movie and more precisely during the exchange between John and the colonel Trautman at the end of the movie.

When it comes to the plot, we didn’t get a lot of new clues but we had more details about the whole magic/mysticism plot which really gives an "X-Files" vibe to the story but more importantly we learned that Agent Pierce hates cats lol. The cliffhanger was really brutal tough, Logan wasn’t kidding around and it put the whole plot back on track.
    end of spoilers

So all in all another good episode which feels like an interlude focusing on Logan and most especially on his background which is something that was needed since we didn’t hear Logan a lot during the previous episodes. But after this cliffhanger, the plot should move forward in the next episode and give us some answers about what’s really going on and maybe some clues about the identity of the main antagonist!
    This podcast is great.
    Here is a panel from the adaptation, artist Marcio Takara:

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara?lang=de

and a variant cover from Gabriel H.Walta:

https://twitter.com/ghwalta?lang=de
    Last edited by Gylfie; 10-17-2018 at 09:59 PM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I agree on everything you wrote here.

I really like Ibraim Robersons art on OML, but it is a pity that the OML series finish with a transition arc.

By the way: thank you Hush, biswaboxz for posting all the infos of the Wolverine solicitations of January!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 10-17-2018 at 10:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    This podcast is great.
    Here is a panel from the adaptation, artist Marcio Takara:

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara?lang=de

and a variant cover from Gabriel H.Walta:

https://twitter.com/ghwalta?lang=de
    Looks pretty cool , i guess we have to wait for next month solicits regarding Wolverine's return next month which sometimes make me feel that chances are slim ???

Thanks GylT'Nav btw

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I laugth with the Wendigo reference lol, good to know that he exist here.

Yeah, Armitage sounds a bit like Rambo in some parts, wicth make sense considering how broken Logan is in this story
    end of spoilers

Yeah, i think that all the pieces were set, now is time for the climax to star and have some answers.