Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138
Results 2,056 to 2,066 of 2066

Yeah, Merry Ho Ho everybody (a bit late).

A little late but yeah Merry Christmas to all of you!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Same here, happy holidays to everyone here.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    He'll never give answers as the hours I spent questioning him, he danced around answers by throwing more back at me. He seems to get entertainment out of teasing fans, even after all this time when there's no way Marvel is going to let him resolve his plots. When I went to the extent of flagging even this he bit back that the plots could end up being instead addressed in his own written fiction. But he hasn't had a novel published in over twenty years and only one short story in that whole time. Every novel he has written since has not met with interest from publishers. So he just needs to give up and respect his fans by finally providing answers to all of his unresolved plots.
    Yeah at this point, I'm not even sure if he's going to explore those storylines again, but who knows maybe he will have a special project with Marvel soon but I won't hold my breath.

He’s seemed shitty so I would expect it would be the other, that his pitches have been knocked back. He even went on to draft a huge pitch this year on the Reavers and Gateway which was knocked back because he obviously hadn’t realised Gateway had been killed off (being an Australian, I always considered Walkabout would have been a better codename than Gateway).
    Now that wouldn't surprise me either unfortunately. Ah that's true Gateways was killed during Uncanny X-Force and I admit seeing how Gateway appeared during the Outback era in Australia, Walkabout would have make sense.

That’s high praise, indeed. Thank you.
    And you deserve it! Thank you for your hard work!

I'm glad you think so as you’re one of the only fans who has agreed with me when I’ve pointed this out.
    Well it could be a color mistake that's for sure but beyond that I don't know there are too many clues pointing in the direction that she could be a child of the X-Men especially the expressions she used and the powers she displayed at the time.

Did you know Chris also revealed who the Bright Lady was, but back in the seventies?
    I always thought that the Bright Lady was supposed to be Oshtur, but maybe I'm completely wrong lol.

I wonder if he intended to introduce such a character in Uncanny X-Men #282, but what we instead got was Bishop? Claremont would have likely gone for introducing a new female character over a male and he was apparently involved in early discussions for the introduction of the character that became Bishop.
    Yeah Bishop could have replaced this character, hard to say but he seems to serve a similar purpose. Of course the whole traitor plot was derailed as time went on, hell Bishop technically became the traitor during Messiah Complex lol.

The question then becomes how he got transported back in time from our current era to the era leading up to Scott’s youth as he seemed to have entrenched himself at the State Home for Foundlings for some time.
    It's a Summers, he will always find a way to come back in time lol. But seriously maybe he used a time machine or something, someone like Forge could have created something like that in the future? Or maybe he "borrowed" some of Nimrod technology?

Chris was no longer a Creative Director working for Bob Harras by the time of the latter fight, so I’m not sure we can count that.
    Yeah, it also happened during the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini, when Logan fought the possessed Kitty for the first time his claws didn't have any effect on her and at the end when he killed Ogun, despite her surprised face she didn't seem to be particularly affected afterwards.

It's like night and day compared to what she said during Wolverine #126 or how Viper felt after being stabbed by Creed's adamantium claws:

Yes I remember and it completely threw what he had previously established. It does not make sense for Logan to have his adamantium by 1936.

There is no evidence that Landau, Luckman and Lake were intended in Claremont’s original conception to be involved in time travel. That idea only got interwoven later by Larry Hama. In Claremont’s initial conception, LL&L seemed more traders with interdimensional cultures as opposed to temporal ones. Remember Psylocke’s armour and it being introduced in the same story Claremont introduced Roughhouse. The armour seemed mystical so suggested LL&L were trading with the Nine Realms.
    Maybe, hard to know with LL&L they seemed to have a lot of connection beyond our world, a shame it was never fully developped during Chris run.

Good points all. If Logan was working for LL&L, that would suggest Raven and Irene Adler were also. Yet if they were working for a Temporal Bureau, how did they get manipulated by the Shadow King for so many decades?

As for how he knew where to find Kitty and Kinross, that could be explained by Irene's usual precognitive visions guiding the mission.
    Same as LL&L, it seems the Shadow King was intented to be a much bigger threat than what we got but yeah if they were manipulated by him for decades that would have been a big twist.

Good point about Irene's visions! Thinking about it, maybe some of Irene's visions could have been manipulated by the Shadow King too?

I know. None of it makes sense. I suspect these anomalies are why it was initially rejected for publication in 1990-91 when Claremont originally pitched it for Excalibur Special Edition #3 and #4.

The biggest problem with the story is how Baron Strucker ends up with his long-time facial scar as a result of Logan's claws, yet didn’t recognise him 6 years later in Madripoor. That’s not possible, period.

FYI, in Back Issue #4, Chris revealed that it was Wolverine's whispering in Charles' ear to seek out Kitty in Deerfield in X-Men #129. Hence she became part of the team because Wolverine set it up. Was Logan's advice a result of the mission we saw in X-Men: True Friends, and had Irene Adler told him of her later significance to human-mutant relations and this is why he pushed Charles to recruit her? If so, how did Logan keep track of the Pryde's from there given her parents would only have migrated to the US after WWII and he was by that point travelling back and forth from Canada to Japan, Russia, etc.?
    Yeah that bothered me too, too many inconsistencies in this story, if it was an alternate reality that wouldn't have been problem but as part of the 616 continuity it's really problematic.

Hopefully its use in the film Wolverine: Origins will make Feige want to avoid it like the plague.
    Fingers crossed!

Was the introduction of Seraph in Marvel Comics Presents #2, then Psylocke's mystical armour in Wolverine #5 was taking us in that direction. If Sabretooth was a modern day pirate, what was he really pirating? Perhaps it’s all connected!?

And just where did the armour end up after Betsy passed through the Siege Perilous?

Although if it was that mystical, how did the Adversary manage to re-corporate after Wolverine slashed him with his adamantium claws yet struggle to maintain his Naze form after Colossus punched him?
    I remember what Kitty said during Chris second Wolverine's run, that the adamantium can cut through everything, not only the flesh but also the souls:

So maybe there is a deeper mystery to the adamantium? Maybe something more thant mystical?

Yes it might enable him to kill anyone, but if he could bend I-Beams before, I’m not convinced he would consider it as providing him with a necessary edge, particularly if it led to the slowing down of his healing factor. If he was able to whup Logan's arse annually, even when Wolvie had the adamantium, nothing much would likely be capable of stopping him without it.

If it was decapitation he was worried about, had Sabretooth been through that before and if so who the heck managed to pull that off?
    Connor Macleod of course!!!! But seriously maybe Ogun?

Hama’s plot had the exact opposite happen to Logan when he went feral as hell after having his adamantium removed.
    Not completely feral, but more like making sure Logan abandoned everything that makes him human (his sense of honor for example) and that Creed considered to be weak in order to have him sees the world the same way as Victor saw it, that way it would be easier to manipulate him.

As for classic Marvel villains capable of being involved in the bonding of adamantium to Logan's skeleton, the most logical would seem to be Magneto given he could have made the procedure as quick, painless, and untraceable as possible.
    Magneto would surprised me, after everything he suffered in Auschwitz during WWII and what he saw in here (if I'm not mistaken Chris revealed that's where Magneto met Sinister for the first time, he was nicknamed "Nosferatu" and he was working with Mengele in Excalibur Vol 3 #7) I don't think he would used a fellow mutant as a guinea pig for some experiment on his own free will, but who knows maybe under mindcontrol? If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Magneto and the Shadow King supposed to have a share history as shown during UXM #275?

By beating him up every year? Given Sabretooth routed Logan again in Wolverine #10, it didn’t seem to be working sufficiently.
    No pain, no gain Sabretooth style lol. But yeah beating him up each birthday to prove that this morality, this humanity Logan cherished and that Seraph taught him was making him weak and if he embraced his animal side he could become Victor's equal.
    Last edited by Hush; 12-29-2018 at 10:37 AM.

War of the Realms Teaser Trailer:

And the cover of the first issue by Arthur Adams:

It’s going to be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Oh My God! Amazing Wolverine Video with Logan featuring Laura

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #176 Dec 1983
    "Decisions"
    Scott and Maddie are flying to a remote island in the South Pacific for their honeymoon when a storm catches them and disables the engine.

In Japan, Wolverine sneaks into Mariko's chambers.

He's come to return the honor blade, which was delivered to him 2 days after he last returned it.
    We find out that Mastermind forced Mariko to call off the wedding,

and that while under his control Mariko also involved the clan in criminal pursuits again.
    She loves Logan, but won't allow Wolverine to be with her until she has expunged the stain upon her clan's honor.

In the South Pacific, Scott is working on the engine. He loses his balance while leaning over for a kiss,
    and a large shark leaps at him. He stuns it with an eye-blast. Unnoticed by either he or Maddie,
    the stunned shark becomes something else's meal before it can recover - something with long powerful tentacles!

Washington D.C. Henry Gyrich has arrived to a briefing that has already started - a briefing on mutants!
    Frank Lowell of the CIA is discussing Magneto's most recent threat, a threat that was never followed through on for unknown reasons.
    Following him is Valerie Cooper. She presents evidence that mutants are no longer primarily a U.S. phenomena,
    but now a broadly global one - the U.S. must take steps to defend itself against foreign spies and assassins possessing mutant powers!
    Gyrich objects - he thinks to do so would be to prove Magneto right.
    But Dr. Cooper thinks mutants present a 'clear and present danger', and must be dealt with.

The South Pacific. The main part of the Storm is starting to move over them as they try the engine, but it catches fire and Scott has Maddie turn it off.
    They get back to work, neither noticing the sinister tentacle reaching out of the water!

The Alley. Caliban returns to his chambers to discover Masque, Callisto, and Sunder there.
    He orders them out but Callisto is concerned because she hasn't seen him much.
    They accuse him of mooning over Kitty, and he admits to being sad because she promised to stay with him if he helped the X-Men, but she didn't.
    Callisto tells him she means to see Kitty keep her promise!

The South Pacific. Scott finally has the engines working, and Maddie is pulling in the sea-anchor when she's grabbed by a monstrous tentacle!
    Scott jumps in after her, and blasts the squid, freeing Maddie. It grabs him, but he gives it an eyeful. However, he's lost his glasses.
    Getting to the surface, Maddie steers him towards the ship with her voice, but it grabs him again.
    Getting his bearings from the direction its pulling him, he lets the squid have it full power.
    They get back onto the plane, and after a few moments of panic, the second engine finally catches and they're off.

Scott decides he's not interested in going off to fight a war with his father as a member of the Starjammers.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Bob Wiacek.

Enough with the OT posts. Especially the wall of text versions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

HNY 2019 to Wolverine fans and my beloved friends .

BANNED

Wolverine The Long Night #1 Preview

I knw it's quite late to show this but still the art looks pretty good and seems quite noir as expected .
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-31-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Happy new year!!

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Wolverine The Long Night #1 Preview
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...rinelong11.jpg

I knw it's quite late to show this but still the art looks pretty good and seems quite noir as expected .
    This looks good, thank you for sharing!!

I do not know, if this was already posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcio_ta...629377/photo/1