Page 46 of 138 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Not much love on the web for Return of Wolverine #1. I have to admit I'm a little surprised. Steve Mcniven's pencils combined w/ the color and ink job made for one of the most beautiful Marvel comics I've seen in years. Truly great stuff - Especially the first few pages. Story-wise, it did feel a bit like we were treading water, so I can understand that complaint. I'm also disappointed Mcniven won't be on all five issues. Visually, the book won my heart though, so consider me satisfied. I'll be back for issue #5.
    i think that stems from how long his return was drawn out. Most of what we got for the lead up is pointless, and given how marvel adds epilogue issues(see after infinity and fallen guardian for infinity war) were probably getting a omega issue for return. Also given all the fake out we have had with the wedding, do we know wolverine will return at issue 5 and will persephone be dealt with in return, or will it be in is solo, or a event ? the build up to this and outside evens did some real damage to peoples desire for his return(not to mention the laura fans sad he took the title away and Old man logan fans sad this forced him to be killed off). everything that could kill hype except delays have happened and its sad, they kept making the mystery of his return so so vast people got lost. its really sad that his return was treated like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Oh man let's hope you're right, my dream would be for Ed Brubaker to write the new Wolverine ongoing!
    Yeah i would like him to write Wolverine , he had done some good job with Cap , DD and Batman but i want someone like Ennis to write Wolverine and does not hate superhuman characters as well ...
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    i think that stems from how long his return was drawn out. Most of what we got for the lead up is pointless, and given how marvel adds epilogue issues(see after infinity and fallen guardian for infinity war) were probably getting a omega issue for return. Also given all the fake out we have had with the wedding, do we know wolverine will return at issue 5 and will persephone be dealt with in return, or will it be in is solo, or a event ? the build up to this and outside evens did some real damage to peoples desire for his return(not to mention the laura fans sad he took the title away and Old man logan fans sad this forced him to be killed off). everything that could kill hype except delays have happened and its sad, they kept making the mystery of his return so so vast people got lost. its really sad that his return was treated like this.
    The way Wolverine Franchise has treated their own characters(Wolverine , Laura and OML) over the last few years is really turning out to be mess and it also creates a bad taste for fans .. ...After reading the first issue of ROW , i was thinking that this story will either turn things fair and square or it will turn into another mess again....I will read the second issue if things go looking forward(or not prolonged to be precise) then it will be good for me but if they try to complicate things even more then i will give up on it .... I mean Wolverine's return has already been dampened with HFW then what choice do i have then ???

I will wait for a Wolverine solo series after this with a good writer , if Marvel choose to do that which i highly doubt nowadays .......

Astonishing Member

The story in return can be good but my biggest fear is this, cloning specifically cloning to bring back dead animals (like clone conspiracy) was mentioned, we have a dozen un related wolverine appearances all contradicting each other, Logan(the movie not character) has x24 as the bad guy, I'm really scared this turns in to clone saga or the logan were following and or get back is a clone, I'm going to be disappointed and insulted,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The story in return can be good but my biggest fear is this, cloning specifically cloning to bring back dead animals (like clone conspiracy) was mentioned, we have a dozen un related wolverine appearances all contradicting each other, Logan(the movie not character) has x24 as the bad guy, I'm really scared this turns in to clone saga or the logan were following and or get back is a clone, I'm going to be disappointed and insulted,
    Yeah Marvel is really pushing things like that from Clone Conspiracy to Secret Empire , i do not want to get those types of story lines to make a bad taste for me ....The first issue didn't indicate much about this but let's hope this does not happen in this limited series .....

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Mr. Logan sounds nice but I heard strange stories about a danger room hided in the bathrooms of this school. Strange stuff...

Well the fact that he killed this young soldier without any remorse, on top of all the guys he killed off panel and that he was putting into body bags didn't help that's for sure and that he wanted to kill Xavier shorty after was also terrible. But hey it's Way so let's just ignore it
    Oh boy if Romulus appears in this story, I hope it's just to retcon him out of existence lol.

So yeah let's hope Soule won't messed up this time around because despite the good characterization of Logan in DOW I still believe that he messed up both DOW and HOW in my opinion.

You're laughing but I'm sure that's how the Maestro is going to be defeated with Doom's time machine (since he has it), the same way he was defeated by our Hulk during the Future Imperfect story.

I think as Weapon X said previously, the problem comes from all this buildup we got since Logan's return in Marvel Legacy almost a year ago. A lot of people who followed all of the Legacy/Hunt saga are expecting answers by now but right now we still got more questions that's where the disappointment might come from for some readers.

As itself I think it's an enjoyable issue especially the art but yeah it's treading water for now, and the fact that McNiven is gone until the last issue is also disappointing. Now how Soule is going to make sense of everything that happened since Logan's return and what will be Logan's statu quo by the end of ROW are what going to make this whole Death/Hunt/Return worth it or not in my opinion.

But as of now, I can't blame Wolverine's fans for being underwhelmed by what Soule wrote and by how Marvel handled Logan's death and return and for just waiting until the new Wolverine ongoing next year.
    C'mon it can't be that bad, he has Doop there, he is a model employee and such a genttleman.

Ah... the missadventures of serial killer Wolverine guest-starring the rest of the Marvel universe , i think that our lifes would be happier if we don't remember that anymore lol.

I still find enougth in DOW to think of it as... ok, wicth to be fair is less that a characther like Wolverine deserve, but i can't help myself while i read it, mostly because nothing is more important to me in a story that his protagonist, so i can look at it pass the flaws. But yeah, HOW was a dissapointment, Soule's desscompression at his work. And any dissapointment ans disminished enthusiams by the fans is more than fair.

Now that i remember, didn't the Maestro say Logan's adamantium was one of the few thing that could do him a lot of damage?. Althougth to be fair, he probably was just screwing with Banner by telling him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Didn't like ROW. It was generic and medicore.
    McNiven's art in Death of Wolverine was much better.

I hope Marvel will get a better writer for new Wolverine ongoing after ROW.
    Yup, althougth i don't dislike Soule, i don't want want him as the new Wolverine writer, hopefully we can get Duggan or even better Brubaker.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men Days of Future Past variant by Deodato Jr , looks cool

DneZq9NX4AA6ojU.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Days of Future Past variant by Deodato Jr , looks cool

DneZq9NX4AA6ojU.jpg
    Noce variant, thanks for posting biswaboxz

I liked this first issue so much I read it twice on Wednesday. I almost never do that, I haven't since Remender's Uncanny X-Force run. The are was amazing and the suspense of what is going on with Logan is intense. I can't wait until the next issue!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I liked this first issue so much I read it twice on Wednesday. I almost never do that, I haven't since Remender's Uncanny X-Force run. The are was amazing and the suspense of what is going on with Logan is intense. I can't wait until the next issue!
    It was great to see Logan back to the basics after all this time. I like the amnesia, especially as expressed as the various cells in what I assume is his mindscape.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was great to see Logan back to the basics after all this time. I like the amnesia, especially as expressed as the various cells in what I assume is his mindscape.
    I agree, I didn't realize how much I had missed "mysterious past" Logan until today. Part of the fun is the journey to unlock small secrets every now and then and get answers occasionally.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I agree, I didn't realize how much I had missed "mysterious past" Logan until today. Part of the fun is the journey to unlock small secrets every now and then and get answers occasionally.
    Yeah. Between Origins and then HoM, he lost a lot of that mystique that made him so cool to begin with. I wonder how long they will run with this new amnesia?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah. Between Origins and then HoM, he lost a lot of that mystique that made him so cool to begin with. I wonder how long they will run with this new amnesia?
    I agree with you guys. I think nothing damaged Logan’s character as much as revealing his true origin in such mundane fashion.

1. Origins revealing Logan wasn’t his real name, his persona was stolen from his mining boss, and that he pines for Jean because Rose.

2. That he wasn’t given his memories back in some epic quest but as a side effect of some lackluster event.

He will always be Logan to me. I will never think of him as James Howlett, a sickly rich boy in a mansion.