Page 118 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2066
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    McNivens. They made the big creative team announcement of Soule and McNivens, hyped McNivens new style then quietly said a week or two later oh yeah but this guy is doing more than half the series.

I will admit I was too harsh he’s a good artist but his style just isn’t gritty or realistic enough for this kind of supposedly dark story. Just has a bit of a cartoonish element I really dislike.
    Well it's been a while since this is been happening to Logan , maybe even b4 DOW . So i will not be surprised if it gets worse for Logan after ROW .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I don't knw about ur taste but I think him to be the artist(arguably) who draws the best Wolverine in modern comics .But Adam Kubert maybe my all time favorite .

We were definitely born with the same taste my friend I was going to mention Adam Kubert when I started reading your post. You named my two all time favorite Wolverine artists! But Adam Kubert is my all time favorite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The fact that tieing every plot point to one issue sounds like the most logical idea is sad. And it not knowing how they operate its knowing how they handle the several major changes that occurred. From legacy 1 we had, c.b. take over, phenox Logan in thor, the rights brought back from fox, and fresh start. axel's original plan was likely Logan leading the charge in infinity, then all these events caused the plan to change and had a dozen different plot points needing to be added on a short time frame. Hence the mess we have now.
    You mean OG Logan's return(ROW) wasn't really planned in b4 Disney/Fox merge ? I have seen ur similar posts b4 and i think u are right btw .

Return of Wolverine is such a disappointment. They should have just stuck with the cosmic explanation of his return. As of now I’m really mostly just be looking forward to Dead Man Logan and Wolverine: Infinity Watch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    We were definitely born with the same taste my friend I was going to mention Adam Kubert when I started reading your post. You named my two all time favorite Wolverine artists! But Adam Kubert is my all time favorite.
    Well every Wolverine fan has same type of taste imo . Hush , Cape and others from CBR have always liked this type of art . But sadly i am tempted to think that we maynot be going see either Kubert or Mcniven to draw him in regular/whole issues , the way they are treating him like a punchbag nowadays .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    You mean OG Logan's return(ROW) wasn't really planned in b4 Disney/Fox merge ? I have seen ur similar posts b4 and i think u are right btw .
    It was planned just it would have been closely tied to infinity, the rights and c.b. had it spin to something on its own, also we did have liefeld clame that the deal did effect plans for comics and a big x men event(that event is most likely age of x or the aftermath of it). It's just you look at a calendar and to much of this lines up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Return of Wolverine is such a disappointment. They should have just stuck with the cosmic explanation of his return. As of now I’m really mostly just be looking forward to Dead Man Logan and Wolverine: Infinity Watch
    DML has started quite strongly with promising villains tbh .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It was planned just it would have been closely tied to infinity, the rights and c.b. had it spin to something on its own, also we did have liefeld clame that the deal did effect plans for comics and a big x men event(that event is most likely age of x or the aftermath of it). It's just you look at a calendar and to much of this lines up.
    I think his return would have been far better if they have used him in cosmic comics tbh , since he was nicely written on Infinity/Avengers/Thor imo . It would have certainly opened a whole new door for Logan's return in a good way .

I'm catching up on what you guys were talking about earlier about ROW#3. Totally agree with what others have said...the story had potential in the beginning but this issue was really meh. The dialogues were just terrible.

I got Dead Man Logan too. For some reason I thought it was going to be a story where Logan is on his own. And I thought the tone would be a lot more serious.

spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting any kind of team-up...but I really liked the team-up with Hawkeye. So far I really like the premise of the story. There are some really unexpected bad guys.

I didn't really get why Glob had so many panels though. I know he was a student when Logan ran the school, but I don't think they ever were close to each other. Imo it would have had more impact if they had chosen another character to stay by Logan's side and then say they don't want Logan to go in the beginning.
    end of spoilers

So overall I really enjoyed DML and I'm glad we're getting another year of Old Man Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm catching up on what you guys were talking about earlier about ROW#3. Totally agree with what others have said...the story had potential in the beginning but this issue was really meh. The dialogues were just terrible.

I got Dead Man Logan too. For some reason I thought it was going to be a story where Logan is on his own. And I thought the tone would be a lot more serious.

spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting any kind of team-up...but I really liked the team-up with Hawkeye. So far I really like the premise of the story. There are some really unexpected bad guys.

I didn't really get why Glob had so many panels though. I know he was a student when Logan ran the school, but I don't think they ever were close to each other. Imo it would have had more impact if they had chosen another character to stay by Logan's side and then say they don't want Logan to go in the beginning.
    end of spoilers

So overall I really enjoyed DML and I'm glad we're getting another year of Old Man Logan.
    Well Glob is Brisson's favorite character and DML started of pretty strong , hope they keep it that way . Brisson's wasn't good in his OML whatsoever , let's hope this maxi series can give us a good impression .

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    spoilers:
    Yup Kurt not appearing in DOW during Logan's last moment was strange and even during HOW, him and Colossus only appeared in the original one shot and Dead Ends and they're both Logan's best friends they should have been in one of the teams.

I think the fourth issue isn't going to end well for Ana, I wouldn't be surprised if Logan killed her while "possessed" by the berserker and then as a result snap out of it. At this point, apart from saying that Logan is a monster and he commited all the atrocities we saw during Hunt I'm not sure what reveal they can do to be honest. Well there is still the cloning plot from the first issue though, so who knows.
    end of spoilers

Ah I thought the same thing after reading the Daredevil issue lol, yeah the cooking theory or a retcon of Way/Loeb stuff is the only thing that can redeem this story at this point

Also you should read the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man, it was beautiful and basically Spencer finally fix Slott's nonsense with Felicia the best way possible

No problem about the messages, I understand

spoilers:
    Let's hope so! My guess is he goes back to the Wastelands, see baby Hulk and Danielle one last time and dies here. But yeah Miss Sinister could be a nice antagonist for the Old Man, and after seeing Crossbones, Sin and Neo-Hydra I hope Bucky and Steve will help Logan against them, could be a nice team up!
    end of spoilers

Honestly yeah, the first two issues should have been condensed into one and both the fight/reunion with the X-Men and the twist about how Logan comes back to life should have been the focus of this issue, too much decompression and Soule is really dragging this mystery for no reason.

Regarding the controversial reveal in the next issue, either Logan really committed the atrocities we saw during Weapon Lost/Claws of a Killer (and even worse) or it has something to do with how he comes back to life and why one of his wound isn't healing properly. Also there is still the whole cloning thing from the first issue and the fact that Soteira have stolen "lifetimes" from Logan, whatever that means.

Soule said this story is supposed to be really dark and challenging (it's challenging my patience right now that's for sure) and Shalvey mentioned that there is a really messed up development later in the mini and after seeing the wip of Logan's adamantium skeleton and bone claws from issue 4, maybe Persephone did something really horrific to Logan to bring him back to life.

Or Logan is still dead and what we're seeing right now is not the real deal lol.

By the way Soule talks a little bit about the third issue here and confirms that the next issue will have plenty of answers:

https://www.charlessoule.com/blogwee...of-wolverine-3
    spoilers:
    So many lost chances with this, oh well we still had Duggan

I wonder if our theory of she being some sort of spy is true, we our record it wouldn't surprised me...damn it maybe i just jinxed it lol
    end of spoilers

I just read it, it was great, really what i wanted to see for Felicia and Peter in a long as time, also that joke that he made about Wolverine in the previous issue was funny

"Half? what are going to do with like..half of Wolverine's claws?, he would just be half of the best in what he does"
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Wolverine #1 Nov 1988
    Part 1 of 3 - "Swordquest!"
    The Island of Telambang, located off the coast of the Indonesian Archipelago, Captain Lee Kwan Pen of the Sovereign Airways runs for his life from Banapur Khan,
    a pirate who hijacked his plane and took his passengers hostage, killing the men and preparing to rape the women and sell the survivors off to the slave trade.
    The Captain doesn't make it very far before Banapur and his men track him down, recapture him
    and behead him in front of the other survivors as a lesson to them what happens when people try to escape.

These pirates, however, do not expect the arrival of Wolverine, having come to liberate Kojima Noburo a nobleman in the employ of his lover Mariko Yoshida.
    Wolverine easily kills the guard left to keep an eye on the stolen plane and slips past the traps set up around the island.
    Entering the pirates camp, he saves a young stewardess from being raped by one of the pirates and kills him,
    he tells her to keep quiet while he goes to work to rescue the surviving passengers.
    Finding the hut where Kojima has been kept prisoner, Wolverine finds him on the brink of death.
    When he tells Kojima who he is, the dying man doesn't believe it as he believes that Wolverine is dead.
    Wolverine is then discovered by Banapur and his men, who rush him.

Despite the army of pirates armed to the gills with automatic weapons and swords,

Wolverine's mutant healing factor and Adamantium-laced bones prove more
    than ample protection for Wolverine to single-handedly defeat all his attackers.
    As Wolverine slaughters them all, the flight attendant he saved earlier takes Kojima off to safety.
    With all the soldiers dead except for Khan, the pirate leader makes a desperate escape with a hostage aboard a boat.
    Although he escapes Wolverine's retribution he leaves himself open to the stewardess who was hiding aboard the boat and shoots him dead from behind.
    Wolverine goes back to the dying Kojima who tells him that the Cult of the Black Blade is seeking to collect the Muramasa Blade
    -- a powerful sword of that corrupts those who wield it --, a sword that is due to be shipped through the city of Madripoor the following day.
    As Kojima dies in Wolverine's arms, Logan swears to him that he will return to Lady Mariko and tell her that he died a true samurai.

Wolverine researches the Cult of the Black Blade and learns that they are an ancient cult that has sought the blade for centuries.
    They had disappeared until the cult found a resurgence in the 1920's.
    Disguising himself, Logan tracks the woman who Kojima has told him is transporting the blade into Madripoor:
    his old ally from the X-Men's day in San Francisco, Lindsay McCabe.
    Bumping into her to make sure she doesn't recognize him and to lock onto her scent, Logan follows after her.
    Noticing that some hired thugs are on location to follow her as well, Logan pops their tires so that they can't.
    When Lindsay enters her hotel room she is attacked by two people seeking to claim the Muramasa Blade,
    however, they find -- much to their frustration -- that it is not in her luggage.

"Patch" (as Logan calls himself) bursts through the room and easily takes out the
    male attacker however the woman gets the drop on him and puts a gun to his head.
    Before se can pull the trigger Lindsay comes up behind her and smashes a lamp over her head.

Convincing Lindsay that he is a friend, Patch tells her what's going on and she reveals to him that her friend Jessie is the one
    transporting the blade tomorrow. She is also shocked to hear that Kojima was murdered because she thought
    she was talking to him up until today. Which leaves Logan to believe that Lindsay's partner is walking into a trap.

Written by Chris Claremont. Art by John Buscema and Klaus Janson.
    I love that run, reading it this summer was super fun, still that first image with Wolverine using face paint looks more silly than intimidating lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Does anyone know which Wolverine that was infinity warped to Diamond Patch?

Seems like neither future Thor Wolverine nor amnesiac hot claws Wolverine would fit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Does anyone know which Wolverine that was infinity warped to Diamond Patch?

Seems like neither future Thor Wolverine nor amnesiac hot claws Wolverine would fit.
    If was future Phoenix wolverine before becoming Phoenix, I think. It's such a mess I dont even think the writers know which wolverine there writing