Page 123 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2066

Row #5(McNiven), Row #4 (Shalvey), uncanny and infinity watch?
    Last edited by Gylfie; 12-03-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks for the pics GylT'Nav! The artist on the first one seems to be McNiven and maybe I'm mistaken but it looks like the Soteira symbol on his jacket similar to the ones from the killteam outfits:

The second one is by Shalvey and should be from ROW #4, the third picture could be from the MCP by Siqueira but no clue about the last one, maybe infinity Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thanks for the pics GylT'Nav! The artist on the first one seems to be McNiven and maybe I'm mistaken but it looks like the Soteira symbol on his jacket similar to the ones from the killteam outfits:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mqmg3TcUn...600/RCO013.jpg

The second one is by Shalvey and should be from ROW #4, the third picture could be from the MCP by Siqueira but no clue about the last one, maybe infinity Watch.
    Your welcome!

Yes, it seems to be Soteira related. Maybe it is Zagreus!
    Shalvey's Logan seems to have a decreased healing factor
    3th one uncanny? And i agree: infinity watch.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 12-03-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Your welcome!

Yes, it seems to be Soteira related. Maybe it is Zagreus!
    Shalvey's Logan seems to have a decreased healing factor
    3th one uncanny? And i agree: infinity watch.
    Ah if that's Zagreus, that would be funny lol. Yeah the Logan in Shalvey pic is strange, he has the same look as Logan from Dead Ends.

The third picture really looks like some Paulo Siqueira's art maybe for the Vigil story in Marvel Comics Presents, it's different from Larrocca's art but maybe I'm mistaken.

Fantastic job Purplevit! As GylT'Nav said it’s really stunning
    Wow! That is stunning! Thank you !
    Tank you for kind words! Happy that you liked

BANNED

Hmmm So the first one is drawn by Mcniven , as Hush already said .

I think it may indicate his background relation to Sotiera b4 ROW started but it could be simply Logan wearing this jacket on present timeline . But this is such a mess that I am totally unsure about this and there are only two issues left , so i could not expect anything good from Soule right now .

The 2nd scan is obviously Shalvey . It looks like that he wrapped his hands , not sure why . But i guess he is coming to his senses after his berserker rage .

Third and Fourth can be drawn Siqueira or Larrocca but the fourth is most probably from Infinity Watch i guess .
    Thanks for scans btw .

That’s a really interesting theory nadler, are you the writer of this article?
    I am the writer of this article, but the part of Seraph being Logan's biological mother is not a theory. Chris revealed it in interview to me, in addition to the truth behind his planned Dark Wolverine Saga (that they weren't just after Logan but to corrupt Jean Grey).

If so, congrats it’s really well written and you did a lot of research!
    Thank you.

Seraph as Wolverine’s mother could have worked in the past especially since Claremont wanted Sabretooth to be Wolverine’s father as you said,
    Did you note the cameo pendant in Marvel Comics Presents #2? That was the first clue as to whom Logan's mother was. That isn't Tyger Tiger. Note the male is Sabretooth in a suit. With him is a fair-haired Seraph likely standing on a table beside him while he is seated so they can both fit in the frame.

also during Uncanny X-Men #268, after she tells to Logan to behave it really looks like a mother scolding her son lol.
    Exactly!

Although the scene during Wolverine #126 which shows that Seraph had a positive influence on Logan, how Logan was just a punk who took everything for granted (like Sabretooth) before meeting her and how she was the one to show him what it means to be a man also imply they were lovers (we can see Seraph kissing Logan):
    She is kissing him on the side of one cheek, more typical of a mother, not a lover. SMH at Daniel Way!

Of course it could be an artist error, but apart from that this theory is really interesting especially in regards to Sabretooth's involvement.
    Even more interesting is Claremont's intention for her to be a literal fallen angel.

Reading those two scenes again, it’s really hard to believe in her characterization during the Wolverine Origins Annual and "Our War" story by Daniel Way, it doesn’t make any sense at all.
    If we could erase both Way and Loeb's Wolverine runs, I'd be over the moon. They have to be the worst-produced comics of the 2000s. It's such a shame that Steve Dillon's work was wasted on that series.

Jason Aaron and later Cullen Bunn tried to salvage the character during their Wolverine’s run
    I wonder if Aaron suspected who Claremont intended Seraph to really be to Logan?

but unfortunately as long as the Way/Loeb stories aren’t retconned, she will be remembered as a monster who manipulated Logan and turned him into a lapdog under the order of Romulus and that’s a damn shame.
    Of interest is that when Daniel Way initially mapped out his Wolverine Origins series, Romulus was not in his original plan. If Jeph Loeb hadn't come along with that bantha fodder, any thoughts who Way might have revealed as behind-the-scenes manipulating Logan's life?

At least they didn’t turn Archie Corrigan or Rose Yu into monsters yet.
    Yet Is Archie Corrigan even still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Have any of you, particularly those who followed Chris Claremont's original run, wondered who he intended Logan's parents to be, or more importantly his biological mother?

While Chris hinted in the original Wolverine limited series that Logan was aware who his father was (i.e. Sabretooth), the truth can finally be revealed. And once you read the following blog post you'll realise it was RIGHT THERE...and yet no one saw it, but how in the hell could they MISS it: How Would You Fix... Logan's parentage?

Enjoy
    That was really interesting!
    You said this is something you heard from C. Claremont during an interview, did you by any chance ask why this idea ended up being dropped?

I really love the idea. Sabretooth is definitely associated with Logan's animal side and Seraph is something more than human as a fallen angel. And Logan's story has always been about being torn between his animal side and greater calling as a hero and it would have been interesting to see that reflected in his parentage. It really makes me wonder what could have been... I think Seraph could have had a recurring role in his story and maybe provide guidance and be the opposite of Sabretooth trying to destroy him.

Thanks for sharing Nadler!

Damn right, Cosmic Wolverine FTW! Yeah I agree with both of you, I can see why Soule built the Hunt this way, he wanted to show the legacy of Logan in the Marvel Universe but in the end this story never felt like a Wolverine story at all or even as a second chapter of this so called trilogy it doesn’t stand on its own.
    Same thing with ROW, as you both said Logan is currently overshadowed by this big mystery and the other characters and he sounds really off.
    I mean amnesiac Wolverine pre House of M is my favorite version of the character but the Logan in ROW never reminded of this version at all despite also suffering from amnesia.
    He feels like either a dumb brute, a sad puppy or a guy who wants to play superhero which is really jarring unfortunately.

Now when you look at how he’s portrayed in the Legacy one shot it’s amazing, first time he appears since his death and he’s driving a damn beer truck, use the ribcage of a frost giant to keep his beer cold and get the space stone while delivering some nice one liners lol. On top of that everything is mysterious about his appearance, you don’t know what’s going on inside Logan’s head and why he becomes intersted in cosmic stuff that’s just perfect! Only thing missing was just him holding a samurai sword lol.

Thinking about it maybe Logan needs a beer to remember who he is and to start acting like he used to, it works during Astonishing X-Men:

I think Logan's status quo at the end of ROW will tell us if this whole trilogy was worth it or not, I can understand that some people would be unhappy if they do a "factory reset" of the character in order to bring him back closer to his pre House of M status quo and characterization but honestly at this point, they need to do some cleanup regarding his background especially in regards to Origin/Origin II/Origins/Evolution/Sabretooth reborn in my opinion.

If that means doing a big retcon, bringing back his mysterious past (no more James Howlett) and at the same time having him going cosmic I'm all for it lol.

Fantastic job Purplevit! As GylT'Nav said it’s really stunning
    Beer saving Logan?, i'm not surprised, he is it's creator after all, it was specifically made to cure him when his healling factor failed
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Have any of you, particularly those who followed Chris Claremont's original run, wondered who he intended Logan's parents to be, or more importantly his biological mother?

While Chris hinted in the original Wolverine limited series that Logan was aware who his father was (i.e. Sabretooth), the truth can finally be revealed. And once you read the following blog post you'll realise it was RIGHT THERE...and yet no one saw it, but how in the hell could they MISS it: How Would You Fix... Logan's parentage?

Enjoy
    Not Selene?!, disappointing...

Still is a pretty good article and it made some sense, as Hush comment you could see hints that could make the Seraph-Logan relationship look mother-son like to an extent, especially during the WW II days as Hush said (ignoring of course Way's nonsense) still i found so weird that Claremont ship Logan with Jean so much. Or at least Jean's evil side lol.

By the way, in what interview Claremont revealed this?

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nice, thanks for the pic Gyl

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I am the writer of this article, but the part of Seraph being Logan's biological mother is not a theory. Chris revealed it in interview to me, in addition to the truth behind his planned Dark Wolverine Saga (that they weren't just after Logan but to corrupt Jean Grey).
    I knew about the Dark Wolverine saga but I didn’t know that corrupting Jean was the end goal, damn that’s basically Dark Phoenix 2.00 it could have been fun!

Did you note the cameo pendant in Marvel Comics Presents #2? That was the first clue as to whom Logan's mother was. That isn't Tyger Tiger. Note the male is Sabretooth in a suit. With him is a fair-haired Seraph likely standing on a table beside him while he is seated so they can both fit in the frame.
    Yeah that necklace scene always intrigued me too, especially the fact that the man on the picture really looks like Creed and yeah the woman must be Seraph (the lady the princess bar is named after), thinking about it, that’s a really good clue!

She is kissing him on the side of one cheek, more typical of a mother, not a lover. SMH at Daniel Way!
    I’m going to blame Leinil Yu on that one, I always thought she was kissing Logan on the lips lol.

Even more interesting is Claremont's intention for her to be a literal fallen angel.
    That's something I never knew and I learned it by reading your article (thank you for that info), Seraph being a fallen angel and someone who became involved with Creed, had a lot of potential storywise. I also remember an interview with Byrne saying that Sabretooth was supposed to be responsible for Mariko's death too and it was supposed to be one of the biggest story during his Uncanny X-Men's run with Claremont.

source: http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...985&PN=0&TPN=2

That means Sabretooth would have killed Logan’s first love (Silver Fox), his mother (Seraph) and Logan’s true love and future wife (Mariko) that’s so messed up, no wonder Logan would have snapped and killed his own father as a result.

If we could erase both Way and Loeb's Wolverine runs, I'd be over the moon. They have to be the worst-produced comics of the 2000s. It's such a shame that Steve Dillon's work was wasted on that series.
    I agree, I still hope that by the end of Return of Wolverine, Soule will retcon all this nonsense.

I wonder if Aaron suspected who Claremont intended Seraph to really be to Logan?
    That wouldn't surprised me, Aaron a big fan of Wolverine and is one of the few writers who know Wolverine's continuity well so maybe he was also disappointed by what happened to her in Way's run and try to salvage her character.

Of interest is that when Daniel Way initially mapped out his Wolverine Origins series, Romulus was not in his original plan. If Jeph Loeb hadn't come along with that bantha fodder, any thoughts who Way might have revealed as behind-the-scenes manipulating Logan's life?
    Yeah a lot of plots seems to also have been dropped by Way during his run and the last revelation about Romulus and Logan during the Sabretooth's reborn story by Loeb made things even more confusiong. Looking at the clues we got along the years, Apocalypse should have been the big bad instead of this Romulus abomination:

- Logan’s reaction when he met Archangel for the first time:

- The adamantium skull and laboratory Logan found during the Jungle Adventure,

- The mysterious person on the phone during the Weapon X experiment who seems to know a lot about Logan and his powers

- Genesis (a follower of Apocalypse) who wanted to bond the adamantium to Logan’s skeleton and change Logan into a horseman

- Apocalypse himself who gave Logan his adamantium back during the Twelve and finally succeed into controlling him and turning into a horseman and the perfect killing machine.

Also the whole thing about the Weapon X experiment and what was done to Logan is really similar to what Apocalypse did to several mutants he changed into horsemen, it can only be him who tried to control Logan all these years for me it makes too much sense.

Apocalypse seems to be obsessed with Logan, even recently during Uncanny Avengers #6 he tried to go back in time to kill one of Logan's ancestor after Kang revealed to him that Logan was destined to undo his future.

Yet Is Archie Corrigan even still alive?
    They’re both dead unfortunately, they were both killed in Wolverine vol.2 #98 in the worst way possible. I love the Hama’s run but this issue, the whole Silver Fox plot, the feral saga and that Ogun/Mime story really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I miss the whole Madripoor’s crew, they were great but who knows maybe Burt (the brother of Archie) will make a comeback one day and avenge his brother's death:

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Created some fan art to celebrate Cyke and Logan`s return.
    Decided to post it here too.

Awesome work there Purplevit, it looks really great.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That's something I never knew and I learned it by reading your article (thank you for that info), Seraph being a fallen angel and someone who became involved with Creed, had a lot of potential storywise. I also remember an interview with Byrne saying that Sabretooth was supposed to be responsible for Mariko's death too and it was supposed to be one of the biggest story during his Uncanny X-Men's run with Claremont.

source: http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...985&PN=0&TPN=2

That means Sabretooth would have killed Logan’s first love (Silver Fox), his mother (Seraph) and Logan’s true love and future wife (Mariko) that’s so messed up, no wonder Logan would have snapped and killed his own father as a result.
    Then is the fact that he raped Silver Fox, or at least it was implied, that's some Game of Thrones s#$t right there!

Yeah a lot of plots seems to also have been dropped by Way during his run and the last revelation about Romulus and Logan during the Sabretooth's reborn story by Loeb made things even more confusiong. Looking at the clues we got along the years, Apocalypse should have been the big bad instead of this Romulus abomination:
    Is pretty obvious that Way didn't knew what he was doing, remember that whole thing with the government generals that kill thenselves after Logan recovering his memory?, completly dropped around the third arc of Wolverine Origins. Wicht is when Romulus was started to thrown in the mix.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona