Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This looks awesome! I don't have a console but apparently Marvel Alliance 1 & 2 were released on PC?? I want to track these games down

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan became a masochist in the 2000s just look how much he let himself be hit, it was just a natural progression of his character

But seriously that retcon sucks, good that everyone ignore it lol
    I always saw that period as Logan hitting a low point and just kind of wanting to die or letting himself go through so much pain because he hated himself. But him being a masochist holds up. I'm just glad it's over.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This looks awesome! I don't have a console but apparently Marvel Alliance 1 & 2 were released on PC?? I want to track these games down

The Steam versions got delisted. Activision still wanted $40 each. I think there are still physical copies around in bargain bins if you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It's complicated, the first game was released on PC in 2006, and you can still find a physical copy but it's lacking all the DLC characters and costumes. Thankfully some modders managed to mod the game and add all the dlc characters and costumes from the XBox 360 version.
    There was no physical release for the second game on PC unfortunately. As Triniking1234 said, both games were re-released with all their DLC on Steam 2 years ago but unfortunately they have been delisted recently (same on consoles).

Maybe with the release of the third game, they will re-release those 2 games again but honestly I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Hush; 12-08-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Some art from Wolverine: The Long Night by Marcio Takara:

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...21025324900353

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...77818781335552

Also in other news, Apple named Wolverine: The Long Night as one of 2018's best podcasts!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...-best-podcasts

https://www.apple.com/hr/newsroom/20...-best-of-2018/

Congrats to the team! I can't wait for the second season next year

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It's complicated, the first game was released on PC in 2006, and you can still find a physical copy but it's lacking all the DLC characters and costumes. Thankfully some modders managed to mod the game and add all the dlc characters and costumes from the XBox 360 version.
    The was no physical release for the second game on PC unfortunately. As Triniking1234 said, both games were re-released with all their DLC on Steam 2 years ago but unfortunately they have been delisted recently (same on consoles).

Maybe with the release of the third game, they will re-release those 2 games again but honestly I won't hold my breath.
    That's a bit disappointing. Without the DLC, there's at least one character missing in the first that's an essential to me. I guess I'll wait patiently. I'm at least happy Wolverine is included in all of them so far. I can't say the same for Marvel v. Capcom infinite however.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Any news on who’s going to be launching the new Wolverine ongoing? I’d love to see David Marquez get the chance, with a writer that gets him.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Thanks for the link, I will read it soon!
    Please feel free to add a comment there once you get an opportunity to

My favourite era is either the Claremont/Byrne era or Claremont/Paul Smith era and all the issues Chris and BWS did together but I have to admit the outback era is so much fun too! To this day Uncanny X-Men #251 is still one of my favourite X-Men issue ever!
    #251 was awesome. I also loved #229.

No problem!
    Smiles!

Too many to list, but he basically had Logan acts like a fool after losing his healing factor (I mean it's not like Logan never had any troubles with his healing factor in the past, especially during the Claremont's run, the Hama's run or the Tieri's run). But here, he was affraid of shaving, of crossing the street or from a mugger armed with a knife, he didn't know how to fight anymore without it and he needed to wear this ugly armored costume to compensate for it.
    I wonder why Davis agreed to illustrate Cornell's run if it was that bad.

There is also the infamous issue when Logan got a rose tatoo and later he talked to the spirit of Rose O'hAra about it and her characterization was also downright awful and completely at odds with her characterization during Wolverine #176 or Origin.
    SMH.

Add to all of this some of the worst pacing I've ever seen, bad characterization, useless supporting cast, a terrible plot, terrible dialogues and one of the worst Sabretooth/Wolverine fight I've ever read. And the cherry on the cake, the last words from Logan to Kitty Pryde in the last issue of his run: "Please, call me James" SMH
    Wasn’t it Kelly or Seagle who established that Logan used the name James at one point? I can’t believe no other writer after Claremont figured out Wolverine was named after Mount Logan so probably grew up there. SMH.

Yeah for me it's most logical choice but I agree I don't think he ever cared about adamantium in the first place.
    The further question is, if Wyndham conducted the experiment, where did he perform it since I don’t previously recall any suggestion that he had been in Canada?

I remember in the letter pages of Uncanny X-Men 208, that it was teased that Claremont and Rick Leonardi would tell a Phoenix mini starring Rachel and involving Spyral. Some art by Rick Leonardi can be seen online:
    Yes, the Rachel Grey series promoted in 1985-6 which never saw publication. Tears!

Do you know if there is a connection between this mini and the true friends mini?
    I don't sorry.

That was always such a strange justification for why Lifedeath III was never released, I know some themes could be off limit at the time though. Did Chris ever mention anything about it?
    Not beyond what I previously mentioned.

Yeah or maybe it's both.
    If both it means his comment to Logan would force him to demand details given he had no recollection of it. Given Logan didn’t, it would suggest he believes the Canadian Government had no involvement.

Yeah still searching for the hope lol
    Best, ha!
    Last edited by nadler; 12-08-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Also in other news, Apple named Wolverine: The Long Night as one of 2018's best podcasts!

Thank you for sharing!
    The team of the podcast deserve it! This was an amazing podcast! Looking forward to the second season too!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 12-08-2018 at 02:20 AM.

BANNED

Whoah this looks quite enticing , can't wait for Long Night . Long Night's solicit says that it will coming out by the first week of Jan right ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's a bit disappointing. Without the DLC, there's at least one character missing in the first that's an essential to me. I guess I'll wait patiently. I'm at least happy Wolverine is included in all of them so far. I can't say the same for Marvel v. Capcom infinite however.
    Yeah it’s really disappointing although the mod is really impressive (even the “special” dialogues between the DLC characters and the NPC are included) and it almost feels like an official update. I remember playing with Cyke from times to times and he was really fun to play with and his dialogues with Jean were nice too!

Thinking about X-characters that could make the cut in MUA 3, I would say Deadpool, Magneto Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Psylocke could be in the base game and maybe Nightcrawler, Domino, Colossus, X-23, Cable and Gambit in the first wave of DLC characters.

But I agree about MVCI, this game was such a mess, no wonder it flopped lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Any news on who’s going to be launching the new Wolverine ongoing? I’d love to see David Marquez get the chance, with a writer that gets him.
    Right now, nothing has been announced but if I have to guess, I think Duggan, Soule or Brisson wil be the next writer to relaunch Wolverine.
    I agree with you, Marquez would be a good choice, I like how he draws Wolverine during the Kitty/Piotr wedding:

Also his actions scenes in Defenders are just outstanding especially the Iron Fist/Elektra fight:

I think Juan Ferreyra could be a good choice too, his Green Arrow and Old Man Logan are beautiful and the first issue of the new Killmonger mini is also quite impressive. I would love to see Alan Davis, Leinil Yu, Adam Kubert or Steve McNiven on the relaunch too!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you for sharing!
    The team of the podcast deserve it! This was an amazing podcast! Looking forward to the second season too!
    You’re welcome! I agree, I was a little letdown by the ending but as a whole it was such a good podcast, in fact I would say it was my favorite story with Logan this year!

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Whoah this looks quite enticing , can't wait for Long Night. Long Night's solicit says that it will coming out by the first week of Jan right ?
    Yep January 2nd so we won’t have to wait for too long! Thinking about it, I'm more hyped for this mini than for the 4th issue of ROW lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Please feel free to add a comment there once you get an opportunity to
    I will

#251 was awesome. I also loved #229.
    I agree Uncanny X-Men #229 is a really good issue, I love this scene:

I wonder why Davis agreed to illustrated Cornell's run if it was that bad.
    4 years ago Plančte BD (a French website specialized in comics and manga) did an interview with Alan Davis and they asked him what happened with this Wolverine series. He said he wasn’t happy with this run, it didn’t go very well and it was a very difficult book to work on for him.

He said this Wolverine’s run was one of the low point in his career. The scripts were always late, everything was rushed, the way a story ends didn’t connect with how the next story starts, and he stayed on the series because he was promised a big Wolverine/Sabretooth confrontation but in the end it was just sabretooth trying to talk Wolverine to death, there was no battle and for him it was one of the dullest comics.

Here’s a video of the interview, he talked about this Wolverine’s run around the 6:30 mark:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2avtfp

Wasn’t it Kelly or Seagle who established that Logan used the name James at one point? I can’t believe no other writer after Claremont figured out Wolverine was named after Mount Logan so probably grew up there. SMH.
    Yeah it was Joe Kelly in X-Men Vol.2 #74, Logan uses a Detective card where it's written Jim Logan on it. At the time I thought this ID card was just a forgery, similar to how he was calling himself "Emilio Garra" when he was working with Sabretooth (El Tigre) in Cuba during the 60s (Wolverine vol.2 #48-50 if I’m not mistaken), but thinking about it, “Jim Logan” has a nice ring to it and it's close enough to James.

Now to be honest the whole "James Howlett" thing is so dumb in my opinion, "Logan" was just the perfect name for Wolverine, it reminds of this scene from Wolverine the End lol:

But seriously, yeah it's kind of strange that no other writer made the connection between Mount Logan and the "Logan" name, I mean as you said it just make too much sense lol.

The further question is, if Wyndham conducted the experiment, where did he perform it since I don’t previously recall any suggestion that he had been in Canada?
    Yeah I don't think he ever went to Canada, but maybe he could have performed the experiment in the counter earth?

I don't sorry.
    No problem! One day we will learn the truth!

If both it means his comment to Logan would force him to demand details given he had no recollection of it. Given Logan didn’t, it would suggest he believes the Canadian Government had no involvement.
    Yeah it's kind of difficult to know, I mean what happened to Logan must be a Classified information so when the general talked about the investment maybe he was talking about both the adamantium bonding and the training but Logan only knows about the training so maybe he thought that's what the general was talking about and that's why he didn't ask for more details.

Or as you said the Canadian Government wasn't involved and I'm overthinking things lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 12-08-2018 at 08:41 AM.

I will
    Can't wait!

I agree Uncanny X-Men #229 is a really good issue, I love this scene:
    Silvestri did such fantastic work on that run which he's never topped since.

4 years ago Plančte BD (a French website specialized in comics and manga) did an interview with Alan Davis and they asked him what happened with this Wolverine series. He said he wasn’t happy with this run, it didn’t go very well and it was a very difficult book to work on for him.
    It's interesting he stuck it out for 10 issues in that case.

He said this Wolverine’s run was one of the low point in his career. The scripts were always late, everything was rushed, the way a story ends didn’t connect with how the next story starts, and he stayed on the series because he was promised a big Wolverine/Sabretooth confrontation but in the end it was just sabretooth trying to talk Wolverine to death, there was no battle and for him it was one of the dullest comics.
    Wow, thanks for the interview link. I'll check it out.

Yeah it was Joe Kelly in X-Men Vol.2 #74, Logan uses a Detective card where it's written Jim Logan on it. At the time I thought this ID card was just a forgery, similar to how he was calling himself "Emilio Garra" when he was working with Sabretooth (El Tigre) in Cuba during the 60s (Wolverine vol.2 #48-50 if I’m not mistaken), but thinking about it, “Jim Logan” has a nice ring to it and it's close enough to James.
    It was used before Origin so perhaps set the precedent for Jenkins use of James.

Now to be honest the whole "James Howlett" thing is so dumb in my opinion, "Logan" was just the perfect name for Wolverine, it reminds of this scene from Wolverine the End lol:
    Jenkins retconning his own idea! Howlett was such a stupid surname. Jemas and Quesada probably thought it was a "smart" surname given it hinted at "howling" and "wolf". Thing is, though, Wolverine was not a wolf, he was a skunk-bear. They don’t howl, they growl. SMH.

But seriously, yeah it's kind of strange that no other writer made the connection between Mount Logan and the "Logan" name, I mean as you said it just make too much sense lol.
    SMH.

Yeah I don't think he ever went to Canada, but maybe he could have performed the experiment in the counter earth?
    Was he countering a group of animal-like characters to activate as sleepers to fight Man-Beast when he returned, Wolverine perhaps becoming leader of a new Ani-Men?

No problem! One day we will learn the truth!
    You think?

Yeah it's kind of difficult to know, I mean what happened to Logan must be a Classified information so when the general talked about the investment maybe he was talking about both the adamantium bonding and the training but Logan only knows about the training so maybe he thought that's what the general was talking about and that's why he didn't ask for more details.
    Yes, it’s frustratingly ambiguous

BANNED

Hey Cowboy !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Can't wait!

Silvestri did such fantastic work on that run which he's never topped since.
    Yeah his Uncanny X-Men run with Claremont and his Wolverine's run with Hama are his best works in my opinion.

Wow, thanks for the interview link. I'll check it out.
    You're welcome!

Jenkins retconning his own idea! Howlett was such a stupid surname. Jemas and Quesada probably thought it was a "smart" surname given it hinted at "howling" and "wolf". Thing is, though, Wolverine was not a wolf, he was a skunk-bear. They don’t howl, they growl. SMH.
    The irony is delicious on this one lol. "James Growlett" would have been a funny name but yeah the "Howlett" thing is just dumb and useless. SMH.

Was he countering a group of animal-like characters to activate as sleepers to fight Man-Beast when he returned, Wolverine perhaps becoming leader of a new Ani-Men?
    You mean the Sir Wulf/Man-Beast storyline? Thinking about it, it reminds me of this story where Logan fought against Man-Beast army during Wolverine first Class Vol.1 #3-4 and was made a knight of Wundagore by the High Evolutionary. During the same story Bova said that one of the tale-weaver told her that Logan reminded him of an old knight of Wundagore named "Gulo" who has evolved from a wolverine.

Funnily enough the High Evolutionary also mentioned that Wolverine possesses the strength of spirit that mark all of his creations, the only instincts he sees in Logan are knightly ones. Even the Man-Beast was shocked by Logan's rage not born from science but from nature and how Logan could be the perfect predator, even better than him.

Maybe one day Marvel will create a big storyline linking Wolverine's history to the High Evolutionary, it could be interesting!

You think?

Last edited by Hush; 12-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Hey Cowboy !!!!
    Cowboy Wolverine FTW!!!