Page 13 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

I had to say this about Logan after reading Uncanny X-Men #207 when he stabs Rachel, why he never told the team that he did it to save her for turning out like Jean in the DPS?, like it is a good reason, don't really get why he tried to say otherwise,.considering that the signs were pretty clear.

spoilers:
    I just read Dead Ends, and you see him for ONE page! I want my money back!!! :|
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I enjoyed Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor quite a lot. Claws of a Killer was my most anticipated series before it came out, but it was kind of a let down because it left me with more questions than answers overall I did like it though, and Adamantium Agenda was mostly forgettable. I do agree things could have been streamlined a lot but for my money I enjoyed 3 of the 4 mini's.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Definetly agreed, i also enjoy how WL and MIM kind of contrast eacth other, two groups of people looking for Logan but seeing it for different angles, a group that doesn't know him and consider that he migth be a danger and six old friends whose lifes were deeply affected by their relationship with him. Sadly none of the reveals were particurlary great.
    My most anticipated series were Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor, but I agree on every thing else you posted!
    I reread all minis at once and ending up to enjoy WL,MiM and Clok, IMO they read better in trade!
    IMO it was a nice set up for Return of Wolverine, I like the idea behind it, but it definitly should have been streamlined!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    spoilers:
    I just read Dead Ends, and you see him for ONE page! I want my money back!!! :|
    end of spoilers
    Well, it is called dead ends and not Return of Wolverine!

Just finished dead end:
    It was an ok issue for me, I enjoyed it.
    spoilers:
    It was mostly a set up for Persephone imo. I did not expected Logan to show up in more than one panel, so I am not disappointed. He showed up in the last panel as a captive of Persephone, to set up Return of Wolverine. ( we see the hot claws the first time, of course no explanation is given!)(I am still not sure what to think of them) And we learn that he does not like what she is doing!
    It introduced Persephone nicely. And this Lady wants to give a show! She is really ruthless. We learn for what she is using the stolen DNA database and no cloning is involved.
    end of spoilers

So to summarize: I enjoyed the Hunt for Wolverine mostly, but it should have been streamlined. I love to speculate and solve puzzles, so they got me there! So I had a entertaining summer!
    I do not like the fact that they dragged Wolverine's return over a year since his first appearance in Marvel Legacy with the unnecessary 'Post credit scenes' (I did not bought the issues)

Sept. 19 can't come fast enough!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-29-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Yeah, kind of meh in the whole Dead Hunt one shot, but i still interested in the mystery regardless, so i mostly agreet with GylT'Nav opinion.

I also read Savage Wolverine #12 and #13, man that was brutal the actions that Logan took were really extreme but is really in characther for him. It was sad how him and Jessan broke their friendship but it was a matter of time i supposed (screw you Daken !!!! .). I also like how Jimenez referenced that old issue of Claremont/Byrne Uncanny X-Men when Logan was hunting a dear and his connection with nature (nice team up beetween Kitty ans Cypher too ).

Frankly I was disappointed by this one shot and right now I'm not even hyped for Return of Wolverine anymore. As I said in the other thread, I liked the mystery Soule built with the Hunt and like all of you I had fun trying to solve this puzzle during the summer lol. Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor were great despite some pacing issues and some uneven art but I think 4 one shot would have been more than enough.

Regarding this issue, if Persephone isn't lying and Wolverine really committed those atrocities in Weapon Lost and Claws of a Killer, I think it would be even worse than what he did during the Wolverine Origins serie and at this point he would just be an irredeemable monster or a dumb animal easily manipulable so I hope Soule really has a good explanation about what's going on because right now I'm not a fan of what's happening with Logan at all.

By the way Wolverine's fans should read the Web Of Venom: Ve'Nam issue released today, it's a flashback issue set during the Vietnam War and Logan make a nice appearance in it and his characterization by Donny Cates is just perfect

Astonishing Member

I felt like this was a preview for return and proves the mini's were a wast, as for Logan comiting those actions either a mind controlled like wepon x or b daken made to look like Logan. This is making me set even lower expectations for his return, and I'm guessing it will lead to a new event that causes another soft relaunch in the summer then hell officially be back after a two year crawl

My knowledge is next to nothing since I took a break around 2015 but with all these old man logans, x-23s, clones, etc. did you guys even have a chance to miss Logan? His personality in the comics from the schism era on was getting a bit paternal and self righteous no?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtinctionTeam View Post
    My knowledge is next to nothing since I took a break around 2015 but with all these old man logans, x-23s, clones, etc. did you guys even have a chance to miss Logan? His personality in the comics from the schism era on was getting a bit paternal and self righteous no?
    Old Mam Logan was a good remplacement, he felt closer toward to the classic version than 616 Logan has felt in years, Laura is a good characther but her time as Wolverine is a mixed bag. The others suck, the end. But i do miss him, he was such a great characther before being neutured.

Yeah his self rigtheous, holier than thou attitude was getting annoying, but his problems started around House of M, when Marvel slowly but surely took away everything that make him a good characther (it wasn't perfect before that, but there was enougth good stuff).
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-29-2018 at 01:54 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hunt was lame. The minis were pointless aside from changing Psylocke. All we learned was Soteria is the badguys. That could have been a one shot. I really hope Return is good. All ive wanted was to rind out how hes alive again.

Also no mention of daken? Is that for return or the guarrenteed ongoing. Plus i doubt return will clarify the post credots or the space stone crap
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Hunt was lame. The minis were pointless aside from changing Psylocke. All we learned was Soteria is the badguys. That could have been a one shot. I really hope Return is good. All ive wanted was to rind out how hes alive again.

Also no mention of daken? Is that for return or the guarrenteed ongoing. Plus i doubt return will clarify the post credots or the space stone crap
    Kitty mentions hes dead, and judging by her tone happy about it.

Also if you want to know how hes alive, that was moved to avengers 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I felt like this was a preview for return and proves the mini's were a wast, as for Logan comiting those actions either a mind controlled like wepon x or b daken made to look like Logan. This is making me set even lower expectations for his return, and I'm guessing it will lead to a new event that causes another soft relaunch in the summer then hell officially be back after a two year crawl
    Honestly if it's another mindcontrol thing, that would be terrible in my opinion. Soule's goal was to make Logan frightening again but honestly if his big plan was just to have a mindcontrolled Wolverine killing, torturing and doing even worse things around the world under the control of someone, that wouldn't make Wolverine frightning at all but just a damn joke.

I mean Logan is supposed to have an indomitable will but come on how many times has he been mindcontrolled since 2000?

- Apocalypse the Twelve: He was mindcontrolled by Apocalypse and fought the X-Men,

- Frank Tieri's Wolverine run: He was mindcontrolled by the Weapon X program in order to murder several people

- Millar's Ennemy of the States: He was killed by the Gorgon and brought back to life as a mindcontrolled weapon by Hydra and the Hand

- Wolverine goes to Hell by Aaron: Logan's body was used a living weapon by a demon against his friends while his soul was sent to hell thanks to the Red Right Hand, Mystique and Daken

- The Wolverine Origins serie by Daniel Way is about Logan being mindcontrolled by Romulus and committing horrible crimes around the world

Hell even Old Man Logan whole story revolved around him being used as a weapon against the X-Men and him trying to deal with the consequences of his act which was great. Unfortunately once he put a foot in our universe he was again mindcontrolled by a Venom symbiote, Mesmero and the Shadow King against the X-Men, drugged by SHIELD and fought Laura and Gabby and now with Extermination he's again under the control of someone else, that's just terrible and it completely take away the appeal of the character and of the tragedy he had to endure in my opinion.

Millar, Tieri and Barry Windsor Smith really showed how frightening Logan can be if he let go of his humanity and become a living weapon and they all did a fantastic job there is no need to do that kind of story anymore, it would be a rehash of something already done and it would only damage the character by making Logan just easily manipulable by each new villain that popped in the Marvel Universe.

That's why I hope there is more to this than meet the eye regarding what we learned about Logan during the Hunt.
    Last edited by Hush; 08-29-2018 at 04:27 PM.

By the way Wolverine's fans should read the Web Of Venom: Ve'Nam issue released today, it's a flashback issue set during the Vietnam War and Logan make a nice appearance in it and his characterization by Donny Cates is just perfect
    Wolverine in the Vietnam War?, that sounds kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Honestly if it's another mindcontrol thing, that would be terrible in my opinion. Soule's goal was to make Logan frightening again but honestly if his big plan was just to have a mindcontrolled Wolverine killing, torturing and doing even worse things around the world under the control of someone, that wouldn't make Wolverine frightning at all but just a damn joke.

I mean Logan is supposed to have an indomitable will but come on how many times has he been mindcontrolled since 2000?

- Apocalypse the Twelve: He was mindcontrolled by Apocalypse and fought the X-Men,

- Frank Tieri's Wolverine run: He was mindcontrolled by the Weapon X program in order to murder several people

- Millar's Ennemy of the States: He was killed by the Gorgon and brought back to life as a mindcontrolled weapon by Hydra and the Hand

- Wolverine goes to Hell by Aaron: Logan's body was used a living weapon by a demon against his friends while his soul was sent to hell thanks to the Red Right Hand and Daken

- The Wolverine Origins serie by Daniel Way is about Logan being mindcontrolled by Romulus and committing horrible crimes around the world

Hell even Old Man Logan whole story revolved about him being used as a weapon against the X-Men and him trying to deal with the consequences of his act which was great. Unfortunately once he put a foot in our universe he was again mindcontrolled by a Venom symbiote and Mesmero against the X-Men, drugged by SHIELD and fought Laura and Gabby and now with Extermination he's again under the control of someone else, that's just terrible and completely take away the appeal of the character and of the tragedy he had to endure in my opinion.

Millar, Tieri and Barry Windsor Smith really showed how frightening Logan can be if he let go of his humanity and become a living weapon and they all did a fantastic job there is no need to do that kind of story anymore, it would be a rehash of something already done and it would only damage the character by making Logan just easily manipulable by each new villain that popped in the Marvel Universe.
    I mantain my Clone Saga idea until they show us the contrary .

Man, that's a lot of mind control poot Logan, by the way a question that i wanted to ask you, who is phisically more stronger between Daredevil and Wolverine?.

I'm pretty much just waiting for "Wolverine #1"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Wolverine in the Vietnam War?, that sounds kind of interesting.
    Well the last time we saw Wolverine during the Vietnam War, he was a psychopath and he was torturing Nuke lol. But this time it's much better especially his characterization you can see that Cates knows how to write Logan.

I mantain my Clone Saga idea until they show us the contrary
    Not a big fan of clones, but I have to admit they can useful to fix continuity sometimes (Starlin with Thanos for example). Of course they can also be problematic especially with the Clone saga during the 90s