Page 130 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2066
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #10 variant cover by David Finch:

I'm sure biswaboxz is going to love this cover
    Damn u Finch why don't u do a Wolverine issue ? That would have given me all i want from Marvel artists , but instead they gave it to Shalvey who is an average Wolverine artist compared to u .
    This cover looks simply astonishing and gorgeous though .

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That is gorgeous. Definitely going to try and reserve a copy of this one.
    Finch + Wolverine = Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Damn u Finch why don't u do a Wolverine issue ? That would have given me all i want from Marvel artists , but instead they gave it to Shalvey who is an average Wolverine artist compared to u .
    This cover looks simply astonishing and gorgeous though .
    I miss Finch on the X-Books, especially after seeing his recent work on Batman which was amazing and this beautiful cover. Thinking about it both Finch and McNiven on ROW would have been incredible, but who knows, maybe one day he will be back on a Wolverine's ongoing!

New #InboxPreview from Jordan D. White:

source: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...64243811258368

It looks really similar to the previous one GylT'Nav posted, so maybe it's also from the Infinity Watch: Wolverine mini!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men #10 variant cover by David Finch:

I'm sure biswaboxz is going to love this cover
    This is pretty. I would have loved a Finch/McNiven draw Return mini. What’s Finch doing now anyway?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This is pretty. I would have loved a Finch/McNiven draw Return mini. What’s Finch doing now anyway?
    If u want to see a Finch's Wolverine issue then u should read Wolverine 900 . He is simply one of the best , when he draws Wolverine costumes especially brown and tan .

I think his most recent work was Batman with Tom King (Annual #1, issue #24 and one page in Batman #50) but beyond that apart from some variant covers I have no clue, although he did say recently that he would love to draw Moon Knight again one day.
    Thinking about it, if I'm not mistaken his last work (interiors not covers) at Marvel was in 2010 during the Second Coming event and with Wolverine #900 (the picture biswaboxz posted is from this issue), he mostly worked at DC in recent years.

I would love to see him back for the Wolverine's relaunch next year!

I think his most recent work was Batman with Tom King (Annual #1, issue #24 and one page in Batman #50) but beyond that apart from some variant covers I have no clue, although he did say recently that he would love to draw Moon Knight again one day.
    Thinking about it, if I'm not mistaken his last work (interiors not covers) at Marvel was in 2010 during the Second Coming event and with Wolverine #900 (the picture biswaboxz posted is from this issue), he mostly worked at DC in recent years.

I would love to see him back for the Wolverine's relaunch next year!

Wolverine fighting ninjas. It never gets old.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wolverine fighting ninjas. It never gets old.
    Ah so true! Thinking about it, the ninja's fight during Wolverine #300 was damn good too:

You know it's funny but Logan still hasn't fought one single ninja in 3 issues of Return of Wolverine... Something isn't right here lol.

Ah so true! Thinking about it, the ninja's fight during Wolverine #300 was damn good too:

You know it's funny but Logan still hasn't fought one single ninja in 3 issues of Return of Wolverine... Something isn't right here lol.
    I love seeing these and remembering in Legacy he’s overwhelmed by basically 20 hand ninjas lol.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Hopefully there's a ninja fight soon. Maybe Wolverine will be drinking some beers and killing ninjas at the same time. That would be amazing to see.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

There really should be a beer in one of those cells in Wolverine’s mind.

And he should open it to stop the berserker.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 12-13-2018 at 03:28 PM.

If Leinil Yu still drew like he did during his original Wolverine run, I’d love to see him attached to the character again.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

What was the better Wolverine substitute book: Old Man Logan or All New Wolverine? Did Daken show up in OML at all?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

What was the better Wolverine substitute book: Old Man Logan or All New Wolverine? Did Daken show up in OML at all?
    I lost interest in OML after about the second arc. The first relied too heavily on characters just being...well...stupid. Kate Bishop sees Logan's kill list, and it's made pretty clear she knew exactly what it means. And yet when Logan actually tries to kill Mysterio she's SURPRISED because she thought they were just out to beat some bad guys up for fun. Wait...what?

And then the second arc (I think it's the second. It's the one where Logan goes to find Maureen and fights the Reavers) pretty much hinged entirely on just dumping all of Lady Deathstrike's pre-Secret Wars character development — in particular the fact she came to terms with her rivalry with Logan after his death, and took it on herself to rescue the Honor Sword of Clan Yashida in his name. But nope, OML turns up and she's back to "RaaaaawrWolverineKill!!!" without explanation. I dropped it around that point.

However I can't call ANW a successor series to any of Wolverine's books, either, because it's so radically and tonally different than Logan's usual stories.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.

This plot was conceived during the Cockrum era? That's crazy. Thinking about it, it explains the "Mister Sinister" goofy name lol.
    Yep, the idea of young Nate being master of the orphanage was an idea Chris began discussing with Dave Cockrum during his second run as artist directly after John Byrne left.

Maybe, hard to say to be honest since Creed didn't show a lot of skills during this issue although if he already had the adamantium I'm surprised that Danny didn't break his hand the first time he hit him in the face (same thing next issue when Danny fought against Logan).
    Good point.

Regarding Wolverine #10, I was talking about the Sabretooth "behind the scene" appearance at the end of this issue when he left a “birthday” gift for Logan:
    Ah!

I do agree that the flashback scene takes place a long time ago, as mentioned by Logan and at that time he shouldn't have any adamantium.
    Yep.

It's really inconsistent, during the Not Dead Yet storyline, after learning that the soldiers attacking him were using adamantium bullets he smelled one bullet to check if it’s true.
    Ah, Warren Ellis's story directly before Chris took back the reins. Whether Chris considered that likely is uncertain though.

Regarding the Sabretooth's fight, I would say that Logan can’t smell the adamantium bones but he should be able to smell the adamantium on Sabretooth claws at least especially after seeing them up close lol.
    If one can smell an object, it means that molecules of it are getting separated from it, so they can reach the nose. However, metals don't sublimate, especially not in room temperature (most metals have far too low of a vapour pressure at ordinary temperatures to allow direct detection). The characteristic smell of metal, in fact, is caused by organic substances.

There has been the focus on the specific case of the smell of iron. There are at least two ways in which iron produces a metallic smell. Firstly, acidic substances are capable of corroding iron and steel, releasing phosphorus and carbon atoms present in the metal or alloy. These can react to form volatile organophosphorus compounds such as methylphosphine (H3CPH2HX3CPHX2 which has a garlic/metallic odour at small concentrations).

Also, it turns out that Fe2+FeX2+ ions (but not Fe3+FeX3+) are capable of oxidising substances present in oils produced by the skin, namely lipid peroxides. A small amount of Fe2+FeX2+ ions are produced when iron comes into contact with acids in sweat. These then decompose the oils releasing a mixture of ketones and aldehydes with carbon chains between 6 and 10 atoms long. In particular, most of the smell of metal comes from the unsaturated ketone 1-octen-3-one, which has a fungal/metallic odour even in concentrations as low as 1 μg m−31 μg m−3.

As an aside, this may be why sometimes people recommend getting strong smells off their hands by rubbing them against a metal object. While it probably doesn't work for some metals and for some smelly compounds, it's possible that the metal catalyses the decomposition of the malodorous substances into less strongly smelling ones.

But yeah even years later during the Tieri’s run, Logan didn’t smell the adamantium on Creed’s bones and claws and even later during the Adamantium Men storyline by Aaron he couldn’t smell the adamantium on the soldier bones.
    See above.

So in the end it’s just me nitpicking
    You'll note I’ve helped justify your nitpicking above.

They both have some similarities that’s for sure, seeing how Sinister loved to played with DNA samples I wouldn’t be surprised if he was either a “clone” or if he just had his own dna mixed with Forge DNA. Now did Claremont mention that Sinister was in Vietnam? I don't remember to be honest.
    Claremont didn’t mention Sinister was in Vietnam (since recall young Nate kept himself, and his Mister Sinister android, locked down in the State Home for Foundlings basement, only venturing out at the end of Inferno).

I know that Tieri during the Weapon X series revealed that Scalphunter was recruited by Essex during WWII, then they both moved to Vietnam during the 60s (so during the Vietnam War) where Essex was known as the “White devil”. In 1968, Scalphunter met Sabretooth for the first time and recruited him but I don’t remember if Chris revealed anything about Scalphunter origins, except for the marauders’s clue.
    I don’t think we can take Tieri’s suggestion as something Chris intended, and being the Claremont-purist that I am...

You’re welcome! I didn’t know about Harras and Exodus, that’s interesting, thanks for the info!
    Did you also know that Exodus was the character Harras had pegged for the Third Summers Brother? When Fabian went on to undermine that suggestion by firstly hinting that Exodus was Native American, and then seeding his own candidate, Adam-X, this was what led to Harras firing him. When first introduced, from his visual features it was obvious Exodus was half-Shi'ar with the hair-do and regal outfit.

Maybe he found something up there? Not just where Phoenix fell but in that whole blue Moon area, some new technology perhaps, if I’m not mistaken the home of Uatu is in the same area.
    Uatu would have known if Sinister got access to his base, and would have dealt with him accordingly.

Thinking about it, a "Cosmic Mister Sinister" would be terryfying!
    Bad idea (but I think Chris was planning to develop a "Cosmic Shadow King").

It sure doesn’t paint a flattering picture of the Canadian government lol, I think the blue moon area or something like the negative zone (similar to what happened during Civil War) for Neverland makes more sense.
    Well, given young Nate/ Mister Sinister was Claremont’s effort to write an evil Peter Pan (the child that never grew up), naming his base Neverland is somewhat appropriate. So points to Tieri for that at least.

Magneto's real name changed so much along the years between Magnus/Erik Lensher/Max Eisenhardt that's crazy when you think about it, do you know the names he had in mind for Magneto and Sabretooth?
    Claremont has never revealed his intentions for either one's names. It was obvious when he began referring to Magneto as "Magnus" he was drawing contrast with Charles as in both their names combined were effectively Charlemagne.

Yeah that guy is a real mystery, I know after Claremont left the X-Titles several writers tried to link him to Weapon X/Shiva Project/Black Womb and all those secret projects and if I'm not mistaken it was later revealed that he knew Essex. I'm not sure about the N'Garai but seeing how much he knew Sinister maybe he played a role in the Morlock's massacre?
    Recall the tunnel from the Morlocks' Alley ran all the way out to Westchester. So was Xavier running a Mutant Underground to protect them from being experimented on?
    Last edited by nadler; 12-14-2018 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

Have u read Millar's Old Man Logan ? Did u liked it ?