Page 131 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2066
    BANNED

I am talking about this book btw .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What was the better Wolverine substitute book: Old Man Logan or All New Wolverine? Did Daken show up in OML at all?
    It depends on what type of stories you're looking for out of a Wolverine book. OML was very much a brawler book, big scale and big consequences. ANW was more along the lines of Wolverine trying to atone for her sins in the past, a much more personal tale. I personally preferred OML as I didn't really care for how Taylor wrote Laura.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am talking about this book btw .
    That one is amazing, a must read. And like RoW should have been that’s 100% drawn by McNivens.

Nice preview! I like Old Man Logan's interactions with Hawkeye. Given their history in the original OML, I think it's fitting that he help Logan on his final mission.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I love seeing these and remembering in Legacy he’s overwhelmed by basically 20 hand ninjas lol.
    Yeah it was really disappointing but not really surprising when you see who wrote this one shot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Hopefully there's a ninja fight soon. Maybe Wolverine will be drinking some beers and killing ninjas at the same time. That would be amazing to see.
    Let's hope so! Logan not drinking beer and not fighting any ninja doesn't feel right especially in a mini entitled Return of Wolverine lol

Thanks for the preview biswaboxz! It looks nice!

Since today is December 14th:

Good one Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Yep, the idea of young Nate being master of the orphanage was an idea Chris began discussing with Dave Cockrum during his second run as artist directly after John Byrne left.
    I see, that's some long term planning.

Ah, Warren Ellis's story directly before Chris took back the reins. Whether Chris considered that likely is uncertain though.
    Yeah that wouldn't surprise me.

If one can smell an object, it means that molecules of it are getting separated from it, so they can reach the nose. However, metals don't sublimate, especially not in room temperature (most metals have far too low of a vapour pressure at ordinary temperatures to allow direct detection). The characteristic smell of metal, in fact, is caused by organic substances.

There has been the focus on the specific case of the smell of iron. There are at least two ways in which iron produces a metallic smell. Firstly, acidic substances are capable of corroding iron and steel, releasing phosphorus and carbon atoms present in the metal or alloy. These can react to form volatile organophosphorus compounds such as methylphosphine (H3CPH2HX3CPHX2 which has a garlic/metallic odour at small concentrations).

Also, it turns out that Fe2+FeX2+ ions (but not Fe3+FeX3+) are capable of oxidising substances present in oils produced by the skin, namely lipid peroxides. A small amount of Fe2+FeX2+ ions are produced when iron comes into contact with acids in sweat. These then decompose the oils releasing a mixture of ketones and aldehydes with carbon chains between 6 and 10 atoms long. In particular, most of the smell of metal comes from the unsaturated ketone 1-octen-3-one, which has a fungal/metallic odour even in concentrations as low as 1 μg m−31 μg m−3.

As an aside, this may be why sometimes people recommend getting strong smells off their hands by rubbing them against a metal object. While it probably doesn't work for some metals and for some smelly compounds, it's possible that the metal catalyses the decomposition of the malodorous substances into less strongly smelling ones.
    Thank you for the detailed informations, it’s really interesting!

You'll not I’ve helped justify your nitpicking above.
    Hooray my nitpicking has finally paid off Thanks for your help!

Claremont didn’t mention Sinister was in Vietnam (since recall young Nate kept himself, and his Mister Sinister android, locked down in the State Home for Foundlings basement, only venturing out at the end of Inferno).
    Thanks for the reminder I forgot about the Sinister's android thing from X-Men Forever, you know it's funny but when I started reading the X-Men I always thought that Sinister's red diamond on his forehead was really similar to the solar jewel of Vision, maybe that wasn't for the exact same purpose but maybe it was also a clue he wasn't really human. Of course that was before all the revelations about his past lol.

I donÂ’t think we can take TieriÂ’s suggestion as something Chris intended, and being the Claremont-purist that I am...
    Fair enough

Did you also know that Exodus was the character Harras had pegged for the Third Summers Brother? When Fabian went on to undermine that suggestion by firstly hinting that Exodus was Native American, and then seeding his own candidate, Adam-X, this was what led to Harras firing him. When first introduced, from his visual features it was obvious Exodus was half-Shi'ar with the hair-do and regal outfit.
    Exodus as the third Summers brother? Now things are even more crazy than I thought with this plotline lol, Harras had some strange ideas when you think about it. Not a fan of Adam X, but honestly it can’t be worse than Vulcan and that terrible Deadly Genesis story.
    To be honest Gambit as the third brother would have worked for me.

Uatu would have known if Sinister got access to his base, and would have dealt with him accordingly.
    Well, if I’m not mistaken something similar happened to Nathaniel Richards but who knows maybe Essex found something interesting up there.

Bad idea (but I think Chris was planning to develop a "Cosmic Shadow King").
    Cosmic Sinister would be scary but Cosmic Shadow King is on a whole another level, not sure if the X-Men could stopped him without some cosmic power of their own.

Speaking of the Shadow King, I always found this vilain fascinating during the Claremont's run.

Well, given young Nate/ Mister Sinister was Claremont’s effort to write an evil Peter Pan (the child that never grew up), naming his base Neverland is somewhat appropriate. So points to Tieri for that at least.
    Yeah the Neverland name makes sense when you know the history behind Nate/Mister Sinister so maybe Tieri was really influenced by Claremont’s original ideas for some parts of his run lol.

Claremont has never revealed his intentions for either one's names. It was obvious when he began referring to Magneto as "Magnus" he was drawing contrast with Charles as in both their names combined were effectively Charlemagne.
    Could make sense regarding their names, since I don't think Magneto’s real name was ever referenced before Chris wrote Uncanny X-Men.

Recall the tunnel from the Morlocks' Alley ran all the way out to Westchester. So was Xavier running a Mutant Underground to protect them from being experimented on?
    So Xavier was protecting them from being experimented on by Sinister? That could be cool, so maybe Sinister could have had a hand in Brian’s death, since he was disturbing his plans? Or maybe Apocalypse is also involved in all of that?
    Last edited by Hush; 12-14-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It depends on what type of stories you're looking for out of a Wolverine book. OML was very much a brawler book, big scale and big consequences. ANW was more along the lines of Wolverine trying to atone for her sins in the past, a much more personal tale. I personally preferred OML as I didn't really care for how Taylor wrote Laura.
    OML felt very much like classic Claremont/Buscema Wolverine to me. Or early Larry Hama. Basically, 80s Wolverine.

I really enjoyed that series. It was just gritty and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    That one is amazing, a must read. And like RoW should have been that’s 100% drawn by McNivens.
    Agreed. It’s actually one of my Top 5 favorite Wolverine sagas of all time. Right up there with the Barry Windsor Smith ‘Weapon X’ tale, the original Claremont/Frank Miller mini series, the Mutant Massacre (where he battles Sabretooth) and Fatal Attractions for me.

I also really enjoyed the whole Larry Hama run with Silvestri, as well as ‘Not Dead Yet’ by Warren Ellis and Leinil Yu and also Jason Aaron and Ron Garney’s ‘The Adamantium Men’, just off the top of my head. But those last two aren’t up there with Old Man Logan or the other four I mentioned.

Marvel's 80th Anniversary variants by Phil Noto:

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/43128-phil...-variants.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. It’s actually one of my Top 5 favorite Wolverine sagas of all time. Right up there with the Barry Windsor Smith ‘Weapon X’ tale, the original Claremont/Frank Miller mini series, the Mutant Massacre (where he battles Sabretooth) and Fatal Attractions for me.

I also really enjoyed the whole Larry Hama run with Silvestri, as well as ‘Not Dead Yet’ by Warren Ellis and Leinil Yu and also Jason Aaron and Ron Garney’s ‘The Adamantium Men’, just off the top of my head. But those last two aren’t up there with Old Man Logan or the other four I mentioned.
    Love Hama’s run especially with Silvestri

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    OML felt very much like classic Claremont/Buscema Wolverine to me. Or early Larry Hama. Basically, 80s Wolverine.

I really enjoyed that series. It was just gritty and solid.
    When I started reading Wolverine, i have no such cognition for Logan's character . But after some advice from fellow comic fans , i read Millar's Wolverine , it was simply one of my all time favorite comic runs.
    I have very few selected runs for Wolverine like Larry Hama's Wolverine , BWS's Weapon X , Tier's run , but i guess I like this character more than his comic runs .
    I usually like to read to more brutal and dark solo comics which kinda fallen under the same ball towards Wolverine's life .
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-14-2018 at 11:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah it was really disappointing but not really surprising when you see who wrote this one shot lol.

Let's hope so! Logan not drinking beer and not fighting any ninja doesn't feel right especially in a mini entitled Return of Wolverine lol

Thanks for the preview biswaboxz! It looks nice!
    I am sorry but i can't recall that particular scan that u shared , can u pls tell where is that from ?