Page 133 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2066
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    So if u knew about this then i guess u it's generally not needed to have any doubts of reading either ANW or OML . I mean general consensus about Millar's Works is that they are dark , brutal and Post Secret Wars's OML fall into the same grounds as Millar's Wolverine .
    Like I knew the details and OML backstory, I’ve just never read it. I thought you were going to be spoiling the ongoing lol. Sorry for the confusion.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I guess I need to get caught up on what's happening w/Logan. I kinda dipped out when I read about that hot claws garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Very cool.
    It could have Dracula,Man Thing,Shang-Chi,Howard the Duck but other than that the art is amazing.
    The lack of Dracula I can understand since he's a villain but yeah I'm disappointed by the lack of Shang-Chi, Man-Thing and Howard on the 70s cover.

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Sure is. It might suggest the plan was to reveal Madelyne Pryor as a clone all along too.
    A clone all along wouldn't surprise me but the whole Goblin Queen thing from Inferno wasn't something I was very fond of.

Wait until you read my blog's fix for "…Mister Sinister's origin?" I think you'll be happy. Remember when Mister Sinister was first introduced, it was like a painted tattoo on his forehead and chest, not a ruby diamond as it became later.
    Ah that's good to hear, I'm currently reading the article about the burglar and it's really fascinating! But yeah I know what's the next article I'm going to read!

Well Brubaker's effort just made the Shi'ar equivalent to Spock's race which was weak sauce. Exodus as D’Ken's son with Katherine Summers might have been much more interesting than what we got (I mean mutant from the crusades, seriously). Speaking of Katherine, did you ever note her full name "Katherine Anne" immediately brings to mind Katherine Anne Pryde? And given Kitty was being groomed to become Sat-Yr-9, might she go back in time and…
    Exodus as D’Ken's son could have been really interesting that's for sure, Exodus is one of those characters that has some much potential but unfortunately not a lot of writers know what to do with him which is a shame. I have to admit I never made that connection between them, but now that you mentioned it, that's something I will keep in mind when I will do my re-read of the Claremont's run.

So there was more time travel involved maybe?

Gambit was meant to be young Nate's clone, and if we're going to talk time travel, was "not growing up" going to be Scott and Madelyne’s son’s power, he would go back in time instead of to the future and punish his father for what happened to his mother by imprisoning him in the orphanage and ensuring he would be born by matching him with her? So Gambit is effectively Scott’s son all grown up.
    That would explain his characterization during Claremont's original run but after Rachel and Kitty that's a lot of time travel when you think about it lol. But seriously Gambit's characterization during Chris's run and during the Nicieza/Lobdell is really different.

Was that during DeFalco's Fantastic Four run? What happened?
    Yeah it was during the first issue of Fantastic Four: Atlantis rising by Defalco. Basically while the Watcher was away, Nathaniel Richards invaded his citadel in order to steal some of his technologies. Inside Uatu's home, he tripped some alarms (it's even mentioned that Nathaniel's sophisticated armor is primitive in comparison to the Watcher's security system), which activated somekind of a sphere that created a powerful vacuum sucking in all objects into it (Nathaniel included).

He managed to teleport himself away, but yeah I think he really learned a lesson on that day lol.

Sinister came to be working for Khan in X-Men: The End, so went slightly cosmic.
    Yep!

Me too!

I managed to glean quite a bit from Claremont in my interview with him about the unpublished Shadow King Saga. Firstly, the Muir Island Saga was NOT the end of Chris's story but rather a stepping stone to a much more ambitious tale.

He planned for Magneto to return to the island to stop the Shadow King, but the X-Men would not succeed in liberating the island.

He threw back the question asking why fans had never considered that Colossus might still be possessed by the King when he ripped out Wolverine's claws

Charley would NOT have been crippled again in UXM #280, but would return to the wheelchair after the initial salvo against the Shadow King as he triggers his "mutant burnout".

The Shadow King would have gone back into hiding after his setback, but was assembling even more pawns.

The Reavers would have fallen under his control, as Reaver leader Donald Pierce would be revealed to be under the Shadow King's control all along.

The Hellfire Club would further be revealed as founded by the Shadow King, Emma Frost, Selene, and Sebastian Shaw all revealed his pawns, hinted at in Excalibur #21-22 (but some members like Tessa remaining mysteriously beyond his reach).

Senator Robert Kelly would begin his anti-mutant Presidential bid in 1992 (the election year) because of the death of his wife in Uncanny X-Men #247. The X-Men would secretly protect him for fear of his assassination launching the dreaded "Days of Future Past".

Reisz and Valerie Cooper now in the White House, the King begins using them as his keys into the President's home, manoeuvring them to assassinate the President of the United States, at the same moment that Robert Kelly is killed thereby triggering a worldwide holocaust on mutants.

Chris wanted to stack the cards so heavily in SK's favour, that it would take nearly every living X-Man alive to stop him.

We would learn that Professor X's son David is the focal point of his hold on Earth, Legion's multiple personalities making it difficult to free him from possession.

However, his plans begin to unravel as his biggest mistake is revealed that Valerie Cooper never assassinated Mystique at all, the whole time it was the blue-skinned shapeshifter posing as Cooper. Right before Jacob Reisz is to assassinate POTUS, Raven changes shape from Valerie Cooper and blows his head clean off.

At that same point, Tessa within the Hellfire Club reveals herself to have never been under the King's control, but Charles's spy. She battles Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, and other Hellfire Club members and defeats them all, temporarily disconnecting the King's power over them.

At this same instant, Magneto and Charles Xavier and the X-Men land on Muir Island to confront the Shadow King. He has taken possession of Legion, and the island is once again the epicentre for the confrontation.

In the end, while the X-Men battle the Reavers, other Hellfire Club members and Muir Island Mutates, Magneto and Xavier go in for the kill. David Haller would perish, and so would Charles, gravelly wounded in the massive battle, Magneto left to return to the X-Mansion in a wheelchair where he would become headmaster to a group of New Mutants. As White Queen to Magneto's White King, Emma Frost would return to the mansion to assist him in setting up the "new" school, at which point he would reveal she had always been evil. Using Ororo and Kitty she would destabilise the school, at which point Mister Sinister would "arrive" to perform his "coup" and rename it the "Summers School of Mutants" which would enable him to set things right and take his family back from Charles Xavier. Never trust a horse killer – there endeth the lesson.

And so the primary X-Men would continue to operate out of Outback Australia, and Gateway would step forth as the new "Professor X".
    Thanks for all these informations, I knew about the Colossus/Wolverine fight (I read about it on http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.com), and it's funny but according to Brian Cronin, Chris secretly wrote 2 issues of X-Men and one issue of Uncanny X-Men before his official return and two of those issues happened to be a fight between a brainwashed Wolverine and the X-Men.

source: https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-405/

We even got a "small" fight between Colossus and Logan:

Not as dramatic as the original plan, that's for sure. Thinking about it, that Cyber nutjob also tried to pull Wolverine's claws and skeleton out of his body once:

It didn't end well for him lol.

But yeah the original plans with the Shadow King and Sinister sounds really amazing and ambitious as you said, it would have raised the stakes and give the X-Men franchise a new and interesting status quo! If done well a lot of plotlines from his run could have ended perfectly, Magneto's story would have come full circle too. It would have been much better than what we got during the 90s but yeah with the X-Men's editors at the time, no way this story would have been greenlight unfortunately.

I wish Chris revealed the real names he originally intended for Magneto and Sabretooth.
    Me too! Maybe one day, and if Marvel can let him fix both Sabretooth and Wolverine at the same time that would be amazing too.

The State Home for Foundlings was inspired for Chris by the Orphan Train history hence why he established it as being located in Nebraska. "The blood" Sam Guthrie's family "paid for in part" as a result of the Harlan County War of the 1930s. Chris knew his history, that’s for sure.
    Yeah that one is impressive, he did a good job here!

Return of Wolverine #4 Variant by While Portacio:

Return of Wolverine #4 Variant by Chris Stevens:

Wolverine Solicitations for March 2019:

WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH #2 (of 5)
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • ANDY MACDONALD (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Wolverine is the best there is at what he does. But how is he at protecting the universe from cosmic disaster? Would you guess better or worse than Loki, the admitted god of lies? We’re about to find out.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

DEAD MAN LOGAN #5 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH!
    • Sin and Miss Sinister have Logan in their clutches, and they won’t be happy until his corpse is picked clean...
    • Plus: The fate of Mysterio revealed!

WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT #3 (of 5)
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W)
    MARCIO TAKARA (A)
    Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    THE HUNT IS ON!
    Powerful forces are at play as the search for a serial killer in small-town Alaska intensifies. And everyone has their own suspicions as to the culprit — but the evidence keeps pointing investigators back to a certain clawed loner...

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #3
    CHARLES SOULE, ANDREW AYDIN & MORE (W)
    PAULO SIQUEIRA, DANIEL ACUNA & MORE (A)
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “THE VIGIL” featuring Wolverine continues with part 3 in this ongoing series!
    Three tales with echoes of the decade that began the Heroic Age—the swingin’ 1960s! First up, Wolverine continues his vigil, bringing him to the worst places on Earth. Then, the co-writer of the award-winning March trilogy, Andrew Aydin, pens a tale of Captain America during the Civil Rights movement. Finally, an all-new story of Marvel’s most famous son of the ’60s – Spider-Man!
    Featuring a story by the co-writer of March, Andrew Aydin!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

HULKVERINES #2 (of 3)
    GREG PAK (w) • GUIU VILANOVA (A)
    Cover by Greg Land, Jay Leisten & Frank D’Armata
    VARIANT COVER BY TONY MOORE
    SLASH AND GRAB!
    The Hulk is already on Weapon H’s tail — but now Wolverine is involved. And he’s got an Adamantium-laced bone to pick with Weapon H. But they’re not the only monsters coming for Clay. The Leader and Dr. Alba meet at last — and the result will transform the course of Clay’s entire life. Weapon H veteran Guiu Vilanova returns with the second installment of a classic clash in the making!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

UNCANNY X-MEN #13 & #14
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    ISSUE #13: SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    ISSUE #13: VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    ISSUE #13: CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY BENGAL
    ISSUE #14: SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
    ISSUE #14: CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Cyclops and Wolverine have drawn together a new team of X-Men from the ashes of “X-Men Disassembled,” and now they turn their eyes to setting their agenda. Cyclops has a list…a list of things the X-Men have to take care of…if it’s the last thing they ever do.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

INCREDIBLE HULK #181 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by LEN WEIN
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by HERB TRIMPE
    The issue that introduced an icon! Just when you thought a battle between the Incredible Hulk and the Wendigo couldn’t get any more ferocious — the Wolverine crashes the party! It’s the deadly debut of the world’s first and greatest Canadian super hero — who would soon go on to become arguably the most popular and successful member of the X-Men! Encounter the Wolverine for the first time all over again in an action-packed throwdown that establishes a rivalry for the ages between the Jade Giant and the Best There Is! It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/43180-marv...citations.html
    Last edited by Hush; 12-18-2018 at 12:41 PM.

All-New Member

I want to feel excited about UXM but I just can't get over this mess with return of wolverine. Now even Cyclops' coming back makes me angry. I mean I just wanted Logan's return to be very emotional and significant to other characters and fans. Now it's been over a year and it feels like the dullest story ever. Cyclops on the other hand is coming back in one issue. ONE ISSUE. Not only that, but they even reintroduce them to the bigger universe at the same time!Who does that?I guess when everyone sees Logan they'll be like: "Oh,Logan,you are back,well,whatever, we already knew that, we've been "hunting" for you for half a year,you know,... Wait, is that CYCLOPS!?OMG!Everyone,CYCLOPS's back!".

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    I want to feel excited about UXM but I just can't get over this mess with return of wolverine. Now even Cyclops' coming back makes me angry. I mean I just wanted Logan's return to be very emotional and significant to other characters and fans. Now it's been over a year and it feels like the dullest story ever. Cyclops on the other hand is coming back in one issue. ONE ISSUE. Not only that, but they even reintroduce them to the bigger universe at the same time!Who does that?I guess when everyone sees Logan they'll be like: "Oh,Logan,you are back,well,whatever, we already knew that, we've been "hunting" for you for half a year,you know,... Wait, is that CYCLOPS!?OMG!Everyone,CYCLOPS's back!".
    This is exactly my problem one they are taking to long to explain how is he alive and two Im unsure on what they want him to be. Is he a X-men or some future cosmic protector? Plus i feel like they retcon his return a little becuase when they did the X-men wedding for Kitty he was there secretly and watch them. But in the ROW they are just now meeting him and he has his memories mess up. Feels like Marvel is writing two Wolverines

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    They should have done the same thing they did with Hulk recently, the way his return was handled by Ewing in Immortal Hulk was just perfect.

Regarding UXM, I'm not sold on this team (or on the creative team), if they could have removed Hope and Alex and add Monet and Sunspot instead that would have been perfect for me but yeah right now just like you I'm not very excited about UXM.

Looking at the sollicits, Infinity Watch: Wolverine and the Long Night adaptation are the only things that interest me. Maybe Dead Man Logan too, depends of the quality of tomorrow issue.
    If the next two issues of ROW are as underwhelming as the previous ones I think I'm not going to bother with any Wolverine ot X-titles for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This is exactly my problem one they are taking to long to explain how is he alive and two Im unsure on what they want him to be. Is he a X-men or some future cosmic protector? Plus i feel like they retcon his return a little becuase when they did the X-men wedding for Kitty he was there secretly and watch them. But in the ROW they are just now meeting him and he has his memories mess up. Feels like Marvel is writing two Wolverines
    They are writing two Wolverines, literally. The one in the Avengers, Cosmic, and wedding books is from the far future, introduced last year in Legacy, introduced again in Thor a few months ago, and then revealed to be the same character last month in Avengers.

The one from ROW to Uncanny is the normal one who appears in nothing else. Except maybe Fantastic Four, that was probably the normal one.

Also, it looks like normal Logan will be part of the Hunted event in the Amazing Spider-Man, among other animal-themed characters. Unless the claws are an art error and it's supposed to be Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Also, it looks like normal Logan will be part of the Hunted event in the Amazing Spider-Man, among other animal-themed characters. Unless the claws are an art error and it's supposed to be Owl.

I think it's the Owl;

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think it's the Owl;

Oh, he just has claws and a Logan cut? Damn, that's confusing.

Uncanny gets an automatic try from me for putting Logan back in the brown and tan costume where he belongs.