Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    When does the next RoW drop? By the way definitely annoyed how tight and quick Cyclops return has been vs the anticlimactic mess that is Logan’s return.
    Jan.16.
    Yes, I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Jan.16.
    Yes, I agree!
    To quote Logan grrrrrrrrrr. That is a ridiculous delay! And that’s not even the last issue. I don’t dare ask when that comes out. Meanwhile Cyclops jumps right back into being a key player for the X-men without a single useless tease or dead end money grab series. Logan’s been back for two years now and still hasn’t even gotten past the mystery of his return, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That might solve the problem but make it all seem really weird at the same time. Also, considering Shiv is the only non-animal, he should change his name.

Overall, it looks like next year is going to be pretty good for Wolverine. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Cyke in Uncanny. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Yeah it's a double edge sword here, also looking at Logan's family tree it's alrealdy weird enough especially after the revelation about the Professor Thorton being Logan's cousin lol.

It's good to see them both back in the same team although I'm not a fan of Cyke's costume here, the Astonishing X-Men costume without the hood would have been perfect and as much as like Wolverine's brown costume it needs to be modernized too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, i remember that twist in Byrne new origins, i thought i sounded like something that kid would think. Glad that everyone ignored it.

Also thanks for the solicits, i'm still in the same boat than you, Duggan and Percy had my attention. Uncanny is in wait and see for now.
    Hola TheCape nice to see you! Yeah it was really dumb, no wonder every writers forgot about it lol.

You're welcome, Duggan and Percy should be good but UXM I'm not sure yet, I will try the first few issues to see what Rosenberg plans to do with this team but I have to admit I would have preferred to have Monet, Sunspot and Theresa instead of Hope, Havok and zombie Banshee.

My god did that cover just reveal the truth behind Hot Claws, he was actually Ghost Rider all along
    Can you imagine Logan giving the penance stare to someone? That would be crazy!!!!

Thank you Hush for posting the solicits!
    I am mostly interested in The Long Night comic adaptation.
    I am unsure about Wolverine: Infinity Watch because I am torn about the Phoenix Wolverine stuff and I am not a fan of two Wolverines running around, it seems to be a fun ride, though. So I 'll give it a change.
    I am also unsure about Uncanny, I think it depends how Logan and his relationship to Scott is written. So I'll wait for issue #12 and decide based on this issue. #11 is just to expensive for an experiment. Maybe Uncanny will be a trade wait then.
    I don't trust Soule on Wolverine after what I have seen so far, so the MCP, while interesting, is a wait and see. I will get the first issue and decide after I read it.
    Hulkverines is clearly a wait and see and is a trade wait for sure.
    I am still unshure wether I get the Dead Man Logan trade or not.
    I think most published modern stories are better read in trades. So that is what I' am going to do, if the characters involved are not an absolute favorite if mine, like I am doing now with Laura, Immortal Hulk and Venom, or if I am unshure about a story or writer.
    Hi GylT'Nav nice to see you and you're welcome! Yeah I'm in the same boat, I will try Infinity Watch: Wolverine but I'm really burned out by all those Wolverine's minis especially Hunt and ROW. You know I can't believe that Soule delivered such underwhelming Wolverine stories since DOW, I'm going to wait until the next issue to see if the revelations are worth it but yeah I don't think I'm going to bother with any Wolverine stories written by him in the future.
    It' really mindblowing when you see how much better his Darth Vader and Swamp Thing series are compared to his Wolverine's work, it's like night and day.

You're right most stories nowadays are better read in trades, only Marvel series that are worth reading monthly are Immortal Hulk, Venom and Amazing Spider-Man for me. Although I have to admit the recent Defenders mini was just astounding, especially the Doctor Strange issue.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I have just read DML #2 . It was nice(not impressive) but OML has his hands full with the arrival of some bigger opponents . It looks likes it would take a while to finish the Mysterio problem . I have a bad feeling about this but nevertheless i will wait for the next issue .
    Yeah I have to agree, it's the kind of issue that focus on the villain and their plans, it's needed and it's nice that Brisson dealt with it by the second issue.

spoilers:
    Seeing Logan going back to the Wastelands with Forge and Glob was nice and it seems Miss Sinister has her own plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if she betrayed Sin.
    Something funny though, Logan mentioned that the first thing he did when he came to our universe was to give the X-Men a fail-safe to stop him in case he goes nuts, which make a lot of OML appearances outside of his solo series where he was mindcontrolled kind of irrelevant when you think about it.
    Also the twist that Logan isn't after Mysterio because he's affraid of killing the X-Men but because he's affraid that Mysterio will use the same tactic on someone else, someone much more dangerous than Logan to do much more damage makes a lot of sense.

Just one thing I hope Logan's fight with the Avengers will be quick.
    end of spoilers

Seeing Sin, Crossbones and Hydra so much reminds me of the Brubaker's run on Cap, and despite the predictable cliffhanger I think I will try the third issue.

After looking at the sollicits of the fifth issue and at what happened during this issue, I'm confident that the Old Man is going back to his reality after the end of the first arc of DML.
    Last edited by Hush; 12-20-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    The better way Claremont could have sneakily resolved Jean's resurrection for X-Factor destroying his Madelyne was by revealing it as a Space Phantom with the villain manipulating being found in Jamaica Bay since you'll recall once he had synchronised to our "space" the person he copied got sent to Limbo. And what happened to Madelyne after "Jean"'s return?
    Yeah your space phantom theory could have solved the Madelyne/Jean issue well. I don't know what happened to her afterwards, I know she came back thanks to Nate Grey's powers during the X-Man series and had a relationship with him which is really messed up.

Enjoy (and comment)
    I will

Well think of Exodus's original hair-do, facial markings and regal costume. It screams of Shi'ar.
    Thinking about it, yeah it could make sense.

Well if Gambit was Nathan Christopher, time-flying is a Summers/ Grey talent
    Ah so true

SMH. Recall too DeFalco began hinting at him being Cable.
    Seriously? I'm not really surprised I remembered thinking how similar both Cable and Nathaniels looked in some of their armors lol. Also I remember that during Days of Future Present that Cable was really shocked by Ahab, like he was looking in a mirror or that he knew him from somewhere, if that's the case where did Cable meet Ahab for the first time?

Add Kang to the mix and it makes things even more confusing lol.

So very frustrating the original Dark Wolverine Saga was aborted/blocked.
    Yeah it could have been one hell of a good saga!

I think there's very little hope.
    Yeah unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    According to Scott Lobdell, Exodus was always meant to be a Shi’ar/mutant hybrid. I had the chance to talk to him a few years ago, and we spoke about his tenure on the x-books for quite a long time, but I don’t think Kitty was meant to be Cyclops’ mother. She was a blonde.
    Attachment 75092
    Thanks for the info about Exodus and Lobdell!

From Russell Dauterman's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...186526720?s=09

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah it's a double edge sword here, also looking at Logan's family tree it's alrealdy weird enough especially after the revelation about the Professor Thorton being Logan's cousin lol.

It's good to see them both back in the same team although I'm not a fan of Cyke's costume here, the Astonishing X-Men costume without the hood would have been perfect and as much as like Wolverine's brown costume it needs to be modernized too.

Hola TheCape nice to see you! Yeah it was really dumb, no wonder every writers forgot about it lol.

You're welcome, Duggan and Percy should be good but UXM I'm not sure yet, I will try the first few issues to see what Rosenberg plans to do with this team but I have to admit I would have preferred to have Monet, Sunspot and Theresa instead of Hope, Havok and zombie Banshee.

Can you imagine Logan giving the penance stare to someone? That would be crazy!!!!

Hi GylT'Nav nice to see you and you're welcome! Yeah I'm in the same boat, I will try Infinity Watch: Wolverine but I'm really burned out by all those Wolverine's minis especially Hunt and ROW. You know I can't believe that Soule delivered such underwhelming Wolverine stories since DOW, I'm going to wait until the next issue to see if the revelations are worth it but yeah I don't think I'm going to bother with any Wolverine stories written by him in the future.
    It' really mindblowing when you see how much better his Darth Vader and Swamp Thing series are compared to his Wolverine's work, it's like night and day.

You're right most stories nowadays are better read in trades, only Marvel series that are worth reading monthly are Immortal Hulk, Venom and Amazing Spider-Man for me. Although I have to admit the recent Defenders mini was just astounding, especially the Doctor Strange issue.

Yeah I have to agree, it's the kind of issue that focus on the villain and their plans, it's needed and it's nice that Brisson dealt with it by the second issue.

spoilers:
    Seeing Logan going back to the Wastelands with Forge and Glob was nice and it seems Miss Sinister has her own plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if she betrayed Sin.
    Something funny though, Logan mentioned that the first thing he did when he came to our universe was to give the X-Men a fail-safe to stop him in case he goes nuts, which make a lot of OML appearances outside of his solo series where he was mindcontrolled kind of irrelevant when you think about it.
    Also the twist that Logan isn't after Mysterio because he's affraid of killing the X-Men but because he's affraid that Mysterio will use the same tactic on someone else, someone much more dangerous than Logan to do much more damage makes a lot of sense.

end of spoilers

Seeing Sin, Crossbones and Hydra so much reminds me of the Brubaker's run on Cap, and despite the predictable cliffhanger I think I will try the third issue.

After looking at the sollicits of the fifth issue and at what happened during this issue, I'm confident that the Old Man is going back to his reality after the end of the first arc of DML.
    sigh How many times Logan has to fought heroes ?He has been doing this for almost 8-10 years , frequently lol . Although this time it's different but still . I hope they don't fight at all and he team ups with them to defeat Hydra and Sinister . I am not quite happy about the way Brisson is handling this book but I will not deny that it was better than what we have seen on Brisson's OML so far . Brisson is actually been terrible all round on any x-book for last few months and that's what's scare me out .

BANNED

That's War of Realms panel i guess .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

That's War of Realms panel i guess .
    That’s good. I love Dautermann, but his Logan is too pretty.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

sigh How many times Logan has to fought heroes ?He has been doing this for almost 8-10 years , frequently lol . Although this time it's different but still . I hope they don't fight at all and he team ups with them to defeat Hydra and Sinister . I am not quite happy about the way Brisson is handling this book but I will not deny that it was better than what we have seen on Brisson's OML so far . Brisson is actually been terrible all round on any x-book for last few months and that's what's scare me out .
    That's my main problem with the Old Man since he put a foot in our universe, the first time he attacked Steve and Kate it made sense and in the recent issue of DML it makes sense too especially
    spoilers:
    after him seeing that he can go back to his reality now, he just wants to be done with Mysterio and leave so he's acting erratic. But yeah I just hope he won't fight the Avengers for more than 2-3 pages, just have him team-up with them and take down Neo-Hydra.
    end of spoilers

But every other times he was tricked into fighting another hero, be it in Extraodinary, Gold, ANW, Astonishing and now Extermination were just dumb and pure laziness from the writers, that not only reduce the character to another idiot who is always mindcontrolled but it's also an insult to the original Old Man Logan story by Millar.

See outside of Weapon X by BWS, I think Millar did the ultimate stories when it comes to have a mindcontrolled Logan in Enemy of the States or him being tricked into fighting the X-Men and living his worst nightmare in Old Man Logan, those were perfect there was no need to do it again. Doing it again won't make Logan scary at all but just an idiot easily manipulable by each new villain that popped up in the Marvel Universe.

Hell I love Cyclops's reaction during the Wolverine vs the X-Men arc, he perfectly summed it up:

And what Soule is currently doing with the classic Wolverine by having him acting like a dumbass and being tricked into fighting the X-Men again is just pure laziness too, and if the revelation in the fourth issue is that Logan was used as a mindcontrolled weapon by Soteira, as shown during the Hunt for Wolverine, that would be even more terrible. Rehashing that kind of plot for the umpteenth time in a story which is supposed to celebrate Wolverine's return is just a slap in the face to the fans.

Of course I shouldn't be surprised especially after the Way and Loeb nonsense, no wonder other writers have Logan always mindcontrolled or whatever but still at this point Logan being tricked into fighting heroes is not scary anymore, it's just a running gag.

Nice, can't wait to read the War of the Realms!
    Last edited by Hush; 12-21-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Logan, Misterio and Deadpool

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Epa Hush, nice to see you too. Lol, i'm glad that most of Byrne contributions were ignored to be honest, he is among the worst thing that happened to Spider-Man.

What i want to see is Logan riding his bike, Wolverine in a motorcycle from hell is too cool of a thing for not existing lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That's my main problem with the Old Man since he put a foot in our universe, the first time he attacked Steve and Kate it made sense and in the recent issue of DML it makes sense too especially
    spoilers:
    after him seeing that he can go back to his reality now, he just wants to be done with Mysterio and leave so he's acting erratic. But yeah I just hope he won't fight the Avengers for more than 2-3 pages, just have him team-up with them and take down Neo-Hydra.
    end of spoilers

But every other times he was tricked into fighting another hero, be it in Extraodinary, Gold, ANW, Astonishing and now Extermination were just dumb and pure lazyness from the writers, that not only reduce the character to another idiot who is always mindcontrolled but it's also an insult to the original Old Man Logan story by Millar.

See outside of Weapon X by BWS, I think Millar did the ultimate stories when it comes to have a mindcontrolled Logan in EOTS or him being tricked into fighting the X-Men and living his worst nightmare in Old Man Logan, those were perfect there was no need to do it again. Doing it again won't make Logan scary at all but just an idiot easily manipulable by each new villain that popped up in the Marvel Universe. Hell I love Cyclops's reaction during the Wolverine vs the X-Men arc, he perfectly summed it up:

And what Soule is currently doing with the classic Wolverine by also having him acting like a dumbass and being tricked again into fighting the X-Men is just pure lazyness too, and if the revelation in the fourth issue is that Logan was again used as a mindcontrolled weapon by Soteira during Hunt that would be even more terrible. Rehashing that kind of plot for the umpteenth time in a story celebrating his return is just a slap in the face to the fans.

Of course I shouldn't be surprised especially after the Way and Loeb nonsense, no wonder other writers have Logan always mindcontrolled or whatever but still at this point Logan being tricked into fighting heroes is not scary anymore, it's just a running gag.

Nice, can't wait to read the War of the Realms!
    So true, honestlt every characther has that cursed storyle that was cool the first time, but then they keep repeating it to the point that it doesn't have any impact any more. Also i love Logan, but he has no business figthing all those people in a fair figth at the same time.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Logan, Misterio and Deadpool
    Lmao, poor Ryan

Epa Hush, nice to see you too. Lol, i'm glad that most of Byrne contributions were ignored to be honest, he is among the worst thing that happened to Spider-Man.

What i want to see is Logan riding his bike, Wolverine in a motorcycle from hell is too cool of a thing for not existing lol.
    Yeah Byrne's contributions to the Spider-Man mythology is best forgotten lol. Ah so true Wolverine riding an hellish bike from hell would be amazing!!!!

So true, honestlt every characther has that cursed storyle that was cool the first time, but then they keep repeating it to the point that it doesn't have any impact any more. Also i love Logan, but he has no business figthing all those people in a fair figth at the same time.
    Yeah, at this point doing this kind of story just do more harm than good to the character unfortunately and yeah I agree I'm a Wolverine's fan but he shouldn't be able to face Storm, Jean, Kitty and Iceman head on. I could see him beating them with sneaking attack, using some gadgets and taking advantage of the environment but otherwise he doesn't stand a chance against them.

It’s a shame that cosmic Logan is far more interesting right now than real Logan. Probably doesn’t help that they are taking over a month break between issue 3 and 4. When does five come out?

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    It’s a shame that cosmic Logan is far more interesting right now than real Logan. Probably doesn’t help that they are taking over a month break between issue 3 and 4. When does five come out?
    February 6 if there is no more delay and yeah I agree the cosmic Wolverine story is much more interesting than whatever Soule is currently doing.