Page 15 of 138 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Actually, if you look at it this way, Daken has the most potential, because he doesn't have any adamantium sapping his healing factor, so he can hit the gym harder and longer.
    Of course, strength isn't everything. Laura's canonically more skilled than Logan.
    I'm sorry, what

Actually, if you look at it this way, Daken has the most potential, because he doesn't have any adamantium sapping his healing factor, so he can hit the gym harder and longer.
    Of course, strength isn't everything. Laura's canonically more skilled than Logan.
    I know you have scans and all but that’s just bad writing or insecure writing that you need to use plot armor to make your new character cool. I mean think about this logically. A man born in the 1880’s with easily 100 years of combat experience. Who fought in virtually every major war trained under countless masters of combat is cannon certified in all known forms of combat and had Weapon X amplify these skills has a better fighter than him in a teenage girl with maybe at best 20 years combat experience and fighting implanted in her brain I assume. Just doesn’t make much sense.

It seems that i opened a pandora box lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I know you have scans and all but that’s just bad writing or insecure writing that you need to use plot armor to make your new character cool. I mean think about this logically. A man born in the 1880’s with easily 100 years of combat experience. Who fought in virtually every major war trained under countless masters of combat is cannon certified in all known forms of combat and had Weapon X amplify these skills has a better fighter than him in a teenage girl with maybe at best 20 years combat experience and fighting implanted in her brain I assume. Just doesn’t make much sense.
    The one weigh-in I'll have:

There IS a difference between technical skill and experience. So Laura could conceivably be more technically proficient, while Logan is still overall the better fighter because of his greater experience.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

hey it's going exactly how I thought it would go.
    I'm not saying Laura would beat Logan in a fight. I'd put my money on Logan; he can behead her. The closest she came to beating him was in Target X by catching him by suprise and trying to bleed her out, and he wasn't trying all that hard. No disrespect to Logan; he's great and I like him as well.

That being said...

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

And of course this is fan pandering, but it still is canon
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

There IS a difference between technical skill and experience. So Laura could conceivably be more technically proficient, while Logan is still overall the better fighter because of his greater experience.
    That I can agree to but if Wolverine is a master of all know forms of combat what exactly is better or more proficient than that.

One thing, regardless of wheter one stand in Laura and Logan skills in comparison with eacth other, i had to say that i really don't like how Taylor's write Logan or OML, something about his version feels.... off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Thank you.
    I'm not saying Laura's better at infantry fighting (although given the fact that she doesn't shy away from using actual weapons and not her claws, I could probably come up with a pretty decent argument), but she's clearly a better assassin. Logan takes the brute force approach to almost everything. Laura relies on how good she is, not how strong she is.

That I can agree to but if Wolverine is a master of all know forms of combat what exactly is better or more proficient than that.
    I had to disagreed on that one, because originally he was very good in Kendo, Judo and another figth style that i don't remember, but he admitted that Ogun and Shingen were more proeficient than him and that he slacked off a lot after Weapon X. So for me Logan is above average in that regard, but i'm not sure if i would call it a master.

Logan's a master, but he's heavy and slow (well, slow compared to Laura). X-23's sliced a bullet out of the air at point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had to disagreed on that one, because originally he was very good in Kendo, Judo and another figth style that i don't remember, but he admitted that Ogun and Shingen were more proeficient than him and that he slacked off a lot after Weapon X. So for me Logan is above average in that regard, but i'm not sure if i would call it a master.
    And seriously, this whole "master of every form" is ridiculous. There's no way anybody has enough time to maintain a high level of proficiency in EVERY form of combat.

Thank you.
    I'm not saying Laura's better at infantry fighting (although given the fact that she doesn't shy away from using actual weapons and not her claws, I could probably come up with a pretty decent argument), but she's clearly a better assassin. Logan takes the brute force approach to almost everything. Laura relies on how good she is, not how strong she is.
    Eh, Logan actually likes to take the steathy approach, he said it himself, " It takes no skill to kill, but hunting and stalking your prey is another game" paraphrasing of course, but he does prefer the subtle approach, he was an spy, he can be sublte or brash depending of the situation.

Like you said fan pandering and self serving writing. Ie the character that’s my big break in comics is cooler and better than Wolverine see he even says so. Please forget Logan has never had an issue cutting through thousands of hand Ninjas before or hasn’t survived multiple attempts to drown him. And pretty please don’t look at Frank Miller’s Wolverine solo where he easily shakes of this same hook and chain ninja tactic with ease.

I’m not trying to be mean I’m cool with Laura but her better than Wolverine stuff gets a little redundant and ridiculous. It comes of more as telling us than showing is. Or that the writer is trying to convince himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, Logan actually likes to take the steathy approach, he said it himself, " It takes no skill to kill, but hunting and stalking your prey is another game" paraphrasing of course, but he does prefer the subtle approach, he was an spy, he can be sublte or brash depending of the situation.
    Okay, I'll admit I haven't read a whole lot of Wolverine. Kyle & Yost and Dark Phoenix are the two big ones he's in I've read.