Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I would add X-Treme X-Men vol 1 20-30 by Claremont and Larroca, Wolverine wasn't a member of the team but he has nice interactions with Storm, who was wounded in a previous arc and Logan takes care of her.

The Wolverine/Jubilee mini by Immonen and X-Men vol 4 #4 by Brian Wood is also a good if you want to know more about his bond with Jubilee.

Edit: Warning, be carefull of any Wolverine story that is written by Way or Loeb, they are trash, but sadly they are important for the characther as he was defined Post-House of M.
    Thank you for this suggestion too!

I have read Origens by Daniel Way to know what the talk was all about but avoided (based on the comments on this forum) the Loeb issues. (Thank you guys!)

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    That's a great idea, should I put your post into my first post as a quote?
    That isn't a bad idea actually, i think that you should do that.

Your welcome!

I am reading comics since ANAD. I started with OML by Jeff Lemiere and the amazing Andrea Sorrentino.
    I also started to read OG Wolverine back issues and became quickly a fan of OG Logan too.
    I focused on his solos.

So thank you for your team book suggestions!
    When i first came to the X-Boards, i made a thread asking for the best Wolverine solo runs. Hush gave a pretty nice list in the first page of the best and the worst, pretty informative and i read at least 70% of that list.

http://community.comicbookresources....rine-Solo-Runs

Is mostly his solo stuff, but he has some good Wolverine centric issues in Claremont's run if you are interested

I personally enjoyed Uncanny X-Men #109. #116 and #118, is when Logan's character start to take form, mostly thanks to Byrne, before his partnership with CC, Wolverine was just sort of there.

Thank you for this suggestion too!

I have read Origens by Daniel Way to know what the talk was all about but avoided (based on the comments on this forum) the Loeb issues. (Thank you guys!)
    Your welcome!

Yeah, don't bother with Loeb, is really bad, especially the Lupine part.

When i first came to the X-Boards, i made a thread asking for the best Wolverine solo runs. Hush gave a pretty nice list in the first page of the best and the worst, pretty informative and i read at least 70% of that list.

Is mostly his solo stuff, but he has some good Wolverine centric issues in Claremont's run if you are interested

I personally enjoyed Uncanny X-Men #109. #116 and #118, is when Logan's character start to take form, mostly thanks to Byrne, before his partnership with CC, Wolverine was just sort of there.
    Your welcome!

Yeah, don't bother with Loeb, is really bad, especially the Lupine part.
    Great! Thank you so much!

Yes, based on what I have already read in this forum, I think the idea of Lupines is silly!
    And wait what?.... Loeb made Logan the creator of the Weapon x project?….....Ok?......better to be ignored and forgotten!

Bummed that the original thread got closed, I think it was literally the only thread I've ever created on the X-Forums. Oh well, I'm sure someday I'll start another thread . I suppose I can still go back. Still happy to have a place to talk about Wolverine. Speaking of which I just started to re watch Wolverine and the X-Men, I forgot just how good this show is.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Bummed that the original thread got closed, I think it was literally the only thread I've ever created on the X-Forums. Oh well, I'm sure someday I'll start another thread . I suppose I can still go back. Still happy to have a place to talk about Wolverine. Speaking of which I just started to re watch Wolverine and the X-Men, I forgot just how good this show is.
    We added the link to the original thread to the first post, so it will be not forgotten!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-06-2018 at 12:41 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

been kinda bored with the Hunt So far. for me Mystery in Madripoor is the best one. Really Eager to get to Return and beyond. Every snippet of Mcnivens art i see is golden as usual.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    been kinda bored with the Hunt So far. for me Mystery in Madripoor is the best one. Really Eager to get to Return and beyond. Every snippet of Mcnivens art i see is golden as usual.
    I enjoyed them so far. Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor are my favourites. Just curious about this week's 'internet breaking' revelations.

But I am really eager to get Return and beyond too. Can't wait!!! The art I have seen for Return so far is stellar!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Feel free to ask any questions about the Ol' Canucklehead in this thread
    My thanks to all of you for your Wolverine reading recommendations

Your welcome!

I am reading comics since ANAD. I started with OML by Jeff Lemiere and the amazing Andrea Sorrentino.
    I also started to read OG Wolverine back issues and became quickly a fan of OG Logan too.
    I focused on his solos.

So thank you for your team book suggestions!
    You're welcome! If you want more great team books with Wolverine, I would suggest:

- Fantastic Four Vol.1 #347-349 (the new FF with Spider-Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider and Wolverine, really good story)
    - X-Men vol.2 #4-7 by Jim Lee/John Byrne/Scott Lobdell (origins of Team X and one big fight with Omega Red)
    - Alpha Flight Vol.1 #13 (nightmarish issue), #16-17 by Byrne (Logan and Heather interactions are really good especially in the wake of the events of issue 12)
    - Alpha Flight Vol.1 #33-34 by Mantlo (first meeting between Lady Deathstrike and Wolverine and we learned how the Hudson met Logan for the first time after he escaped from the Weapon X facility)
    - Uncanny X-Men annual #15 second story by Len Kaminski (another nightmare issue where Wolverine is fighting against a demonic version of his adamantium skeleton (short story but it's a nice one)

And as TheCape mentioned the Claremont Uncanny X-Men/X-Men run from 1975 to 1991 and all the minis he wrote during this period are all excellent especially for Wolverine.

Also since you seems to like Laura there is also another team book with some good Logan and Laura moments : X-Force Vol.3 1-28

But be warned this book is really uneven (both the writing and the art) and it's also part of three crossovers events. "Messiah War" which completely butchered Bishop, "Necrosha" which is one of the worst X-crossovers I've ever read and a disappointing ending to whole storyline that ran through the serie and the "Second Coming" crossover which was too big for its own good.

But if you like Laura give it a try, especially the arc "Not Forgotten" which was really good for her and the last good story in this serie in my opinion.

I'm glad the list helped you

Great! Thank you so much!

Yes, based on what I have already read in this forum, I think the idea of Lupines is silly!
    And wait what?.... Loeb made Logan the creator of the Weapon x project?….....Ok?......better to be ignored and forgotten!
    Yeah that's something that still doesn't make any sense and Marvel quickly forgot about it. If only one day a writer could kill this Romulus abomination and retcon everything about him, Origin/Origin II/Origins and from the Loeb run I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    My thanks to all of you for your Wolverine reading recommendations
    You're welcome
    Last edited by Hush; 08-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.

I enjoyed them so far. Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor are my favourites. Just curious about this week's 'internet breaking' revelations.

But I am really eager to get Return and beyond too. Can't wait!!! The art I have seen for Return so far is stellar!!
    Unless that Taylor reveals Selene as Logan's mom or that Romulus is behind all this and he was just a Wolverine fanboy that got way out of control, i won't be impressed . I had to agreed that Weapon Lost and Mystery of Madripoor had been the best ones so far. Claws of a Killer started strong, but althougth the rest of the story had been nice, it hasn't quite live to the first issue, i do love the horror feeling of story, Taylor's Adamantium Agenda is fun but it doesn't quite do it for me (i feel the same about a lot of his work to be honest). Also all the minis suffer for descompression, wich annoyme but sadly i had to get used over the years (i still blame Bendis).

@Hush
    I'm very thankfull for it, i really needed to scratch that Wolverine ich lol.

Also, i did read the Exiles arc after finishing Aaron, i had to agreed, man it was fun, Elsi Dee and Zombie Wolverine head Bite+Explosion, is among my favorite moments, poor James thougth, stuck with that dress

Thank you Hush for your additional suggestions for team books!
    I second your option on x-force by Kyle/Yost!
    I have already read it to Vol.3. as I catched up on Laura's Solos. And having Wolverine and Laura together was a must read.

Just finished OML #45 and Adamantium Agenda #4
    I really, really enjoyed OML, was a very good read.

Adamantium Agenda:

spoilers:
    Oh man Taylor! Nothing internet breaking! There were three revelations about the trebica bomb , the x-men and Laura Kinney's creation, but nothing what was already assumed or implied. Ok, the revelation about Laura will give her fans some stuff for discussions for sure!

But on second thought:
    The x-man revelation might have some potential, if it is about a person present at Wolverine's funeral in the Hunt mini.
    In this case I have to apologize to Mr. Taylor!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-08-2018 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

Thank you Hush for your additional suggestions for team books!

Just finished OML #45 and Adamantium Agenda #4
    I really, really enjoyed OML, was a very good read.

Adamantium Agenda:

spoilers:
    Oh man Taylor! Nothing internet breaking! There were three revelations about the trebica bomb , the x-men and Laura Kinney's creation, but nothing what was already assumed or implied. Ok, the revelation about Laura will give her fans some stuff for discussions for sure!

But on second thought:
    The x-man revelation might have some potential, if it is about a person present at Wolverine's funeral in the Hunt mini.
    In this case I have to apologize to Mr. Taylor!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the Laura reveal wasn't exactly a bombshell. It's been fanon almost since she first appeared in the books, but it was still very cool to see it made canon. It might be interesting to see if it affects how she interacts with Logan after he returns. Assuming Marvel actually ALLOWS them to interact. :-P
    end of spoilers