Page 20 of 138 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The main hub could be the Princess Bar.
    I hope that the don't repeat what happened in Wolverine #98 thougth .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Same, althougth i do like some of the elemets and ideas of Silent Hill 4:The Room, pitty that it was so boring.

Oh, thanks for the warning, man i'm probably going to love and laugth of that game.

Mark Hamill voicing Wolverine, now i know what to look for next because that sounds great, regardless of how crappy is that game. Lol now i just had this image of an Old Logan having to protect all his teenagw sidekicks in a game ala Good of War, is a different adventure depending of the sidekick that you choose lol.
    Well now that would be something strange but it could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The main hub could be the Princess Bar.
    Good idea! At first the Princess Bar could be empty except for Seraph or Halliday. But as you play through the game you would find or rescue other NPC such as Artie, Tyger, O'Donnell, Lindsay McCabe and others and each time you bring one of them they would give you new sidequests and upgrades to buy.

By the end of the game you would have the Princess Bar completely redone and open for business with new sidequests, mini games and some secret boss to fight as part of the post game content

I hope that the don't repeat what happened in Wolverine #98 thougth .
    Well until something like that happened at least lol. But seriously I don't know why Hama did that, that was disappointing.
    Last edited by Hush; 08-31-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Well until something like that happened at least lol. But seriously I don't know why Hama did that, that was disappointing.
    Logan sleep with the wrong woman, revenge ensues. In this game all your decissions count .

Neither do i, for me that's when his run got bad, still nice scenes with Tyger Tyger and Sam thougth.

Logan sleep with the wrong woman, revenge ensues. In this game all your decissions count .

Neither do i, for me that's when his run got bad, still nice scenes with Tyger Tyger and Sam thougth.
    And then the big reveal: Everything was a lie, it was just a false memory!!!!!!!

I think his run went off track after the 90th issue and the AOA Weapon X mini. I liked the issues #93 and #96 but the rest didn't impress me, Kubert's art was top notch though. And then we got the infamous 100th issue where the Wolverine franchise jumped the shark lol.

And yeah Sam was really lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    And then the big reveal: Everything was a lie, it was just a false memory!!!!!!!

I think his run went off track after the 90th issue and the AOA Weapon X mini. I liked the issues #93 and #96 but the rest didn't impress me, Kubert's art was top notch though. And then we got the infamous 100th issue where the Wolverine franchise jumped the shark lol.

And yeah Sam was really lucky
    I got a better one, Logan was in the animus the whole time!!!!!, and he was living Sabretooth memories .

True, but at least every issue has one or 2 scenes that i enjoyed, like Crees playing everyone for fools in 91 or Heather and James looking out for Logan. But yeah, it jumped the shark after that infamous issue, but at least 101 was so bad that is good for me lol.

That Sam always has luck with the ladies, hopefully his marriage won't be sold to the devil . (I really had to read more New Mutants at some point honestly).

I got a better one, Logan was in the animus the whole time!!!!!, and he was living Sabretooth memories
    End credits with the real title of the game: Wolverine Inception!!!!!!!

Directed by Hideo Kojima and M.Night Shyamalan

True, but at least every issue has one or 2 scenes that i enjoyed, like Crees playing everyone for fools in 91 or Heather and James looking out for Logan. But yeah, it jumped the shark after that infamous issue, but at least 101 was so bad that is good for me lol.

That Sam always has luck with the ladies, hopefully his marriage won't be sold to the devil . (I really had to read more New Mutants at some point honestly).
    I agree it was inconsistent and issue 101 was indeed really bad but the Wolverine/Cyclops shippers must have loved it lol.

Sam is really lucky but yeah he should stay far away from M. Parker. I like him in New Mutants and some X-Force stories during the 90s, I think Hickman also did an amazing job with him and Roberto during his Avengers/New Avengers run.

Also, speaking of that period too, i like how Nicieza resolved Hama's subplot of the abusive husband in his Crime storyline, smart uses like that on continuity aren't very common this days sadly.

End credits with the real title of the game: Wolverine Inception!!!!!!!

Directed by Hideo Kojima and M.Night Shyamalan

I agree it was inconsistent and issue 101 was indeed really bad but the Wolverine/Cyclops shippers must have loved it lol.

Sam is really lucky but yeah he should stay far away from M. Parker. I like him in New Mutants and some X-Force stories during the 90s, I think Hickman also did an amazing job with him and Roberto during his Avengers/New Avengers run.
    Excellent, we should send our picth to Marvel and if they refuse to pay us, i'm sure that Matt Murdock wouldn't mind giving us a hand with the legal issues .

Lol, phoenixzero definetly loved that scene, it was such a strange tale and how everyone sort of roll with Logan change.

I heard that he was a good leader on X-Force and did enjoy his friendship with Roberto over Hickman Avengers, true bros rigth there.

Excellent, we should send our picth to Marvel and if they refuse to pay us, i'm sure that Matt Murdock wouldn't mind giving us a hand with the legal issues.

Lol, phoenixzero definetly loved that scene, it was such a strange tale and how everyone sort of roll with Logan change.

I heard that he was a good leader on X-Force and did enjoy his friendship with Roberto over Hickman Avengers, true bros rigth there.
    Indeed, Matt Murdock is the best

The X-Men were like: "Oh Logan is just feral nothing to see here, please move along". It reminds me of this comics strip by Kate Beaton:

Yeah Sam was great in X-Force especially during the Nicieza run and the John Francis Moore run.

Also, speaking of that period too, i like how Nicieza resolved Hama's subplot of the abusive husband in his Crime storyline, smart uses like that on continuity aren't very common this days sadly.
    That was really good and honestly I didn't see the twist coming at the time. It reminds me of what Bunn did recently with Hitzig, the nazi Magneto asked Wolverine to kill in Uncanny X-Force #9. He used this plot to build his Magneto serie and he even use again it during X-Men Blue that was nice.
    Last edited by Hush; 08-31-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Spectacular Member

Agility wise DD might be better and regarding speed Logan has always been really fast enough to catch, avoid or destroy a bullet shoot at him. Hell he can even use his claws without anyone noticing it as seen during the Frank Tieri run in the mobster story. And again he has superhuman reflexes like in the scan you posted so it might be a tie since DD also has superhuman reflexes thanks to his training and his radar sense.
    There really is no argument to be made for DD having any physical advantage over Logan, including agility. DD does not have superhuman agility or reflexes. He is olympic level across the board. His radar sense may give him a degree of advanced warning in some cases, but that just means he has extra time to react, not that he is physically beyond human level. Logan is physically beyond human capabilities in all areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Actually, if you look at it this way, Daken has the most potential, because he doesn't have any adamantium sapping his healing factor, so he can hit the gym harder and longer.
    Except Wolverine is still 60 years older than Daken, meaning his healing has had that much more time to adapt and become stronger. He's also had the adamantium on his skeleton for almost a quarter of a century before it was removed. That means the next time the adamantium was bonded to him his healing factor had granted him a stronger resistance to the adamantium slowing it down. Now you are at a point that there is no difference in the speed of his healing factor compared to the accelerations we saw in Wolverine # 92. If anything it's even more effective now. Daken also can't lift items heavier than what his bones can withstand. He doesn't just have to contend with soft tissue tears, but bone fractures as well. Less to heal means faster to get back on the squat rack.
    Laura's canonically more skilled than Logan.
    Ha. That's impossible.
    aw man. Well, I feel that I can at least argue to a stalemate. Depends on how many OG Wolverine fans get involved.
    And I do like him too. Just prefer the new & improved version
    Okay, I'll admit I haven't read a whole lot of Wolverine. Kyle & Yost and Dark Phoenix are the two big ones he's in I've read.
    Wow. You are missing a Lot of Logan to be making those kind of claims. Dark Phoenix is only just when he started getting any attention in the X-Books and Kyle and Yost pick up where his character for the most part started to suck. There's a lot in the middle you need to catch up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The one weigh-in I'll have:

There IS a difference between technical skill and experience. So Laura could conceivably be more technically proficient, while Logan is still overall the better fighter because of his greater experience.
    There is a difference between skill and experience. Most people would argue that experience wins out in the end. There are examples of natural ability winning out, but even technical expertise need to be seasoned before you know what to do with it. A fighter born with less natural talent can overcome someone born with more through experience and hard work. Unfortunately X-23 does not have MORE natural ability than Logan. Considering she is now no longer even his clone, but his actual daughter, there is a strong case to be made that she probably has less. And as for experience, unless she gets trapped in a time warp for 110 years of constant combat...
    I'm not saying Laura would beat Logan in a fight. I'd put my money on Logan; he can behead her.
    It's not just that. Every SINGLE time he manages to land a hit it is a potentially fight ending blow. He hits the arm, no arm. He hits a leg, no leg. He hits her to the ribcage, lungs and heart across the room. She can survive these things, but not overcome them to victory in a senario that makes any kind of sense. She can't even match him in unarmed combat. Her blows are not weighted the way Wolverine's are. She has to fight perfect and Logan only has to fight like a bum.
    The closest she came to beating him was in Target X by catching him by suprise and trying to bleed him out, and he wasn't trying all that hard.
    This. Anyone who has read Logan for any amount of time cannot honestly think he would ever fight X-23 for real. Would not happen. He can't look at her, knowing what she's been put through in an effort to recreate him, and throw down for real. With his soft spot for the girls? After she freaked out in Uncanny when he was trying to introduce her to the team and split his face in half he literally tossed her aside and subdued her with no apparant effort.
    That being said...
    I feel bad for the fans of modern Marvel. Marvel Generations: Wolverine is a terrible comic book. It's loaded with extremely out of character moments and it's pretty evident that the people who produced it knew nothing about the characters in it. Wolverine in peril for his life against Hand ninjas? Contemplating his own death? This is an entire cult of people that are basically terrified of Logan and live their lives knowing they will meet death at his hand. They bring children into this world resigned to the fact that Logan will end them. Logan needs X-23 to cut him loose? Go read Claremont and Miller's Wolverine. Better yet go read Larry Hama's Wolverine's # 82. No adamantium, basically powerless and he's swinging Hand ninjas around by their chains like they are Chihuahuas. BTW Adam Kubert is the MAN. "She moves like nothing I've ever seen before"... By the time Wolverine had adopted AMIKO he had met like 20 people that move at like light speed. He had certainly met a guy named Sabretooth by then, who was faster than he was. Considering this was after he met Amiko and he was wearing the tiger stripe outfit, that opens a lot of doors. When he met and adopted Amiko he was wearing the brown and tan costume. In this he is back to the tiger stripe outfit, which puts it at 1992. By then Wolverine had fought with Spider-Man. In Spider-Man vs Wolverine # 1 Parker was freaking out because he thought Logan was going to kill him because he thought Wolverine was faster than he was. Do you really think X-23 is faster than Spidey? Go argue that with the Spider-Man fans.
    I'll wait. X-23 doesn't need Logan to help her with explosives? He has an indestructible base to heal back from. She does not. If she gets blown apart she is in trouble. He doesn't have that problem. X-23 doesn't need a man.

I can't even begin to start with this book. They lost every real Wolverine fan on the FIRST PAGE. This book was another sad attempt by Marvel to remind you that the "replacement heroes" are better in every way than the originals. SJW Marvel is waving at you and you ate it up. Wolverine was cool, but better, female Wolverine is here to save the day. With all respect to X-23 an her fans, she is not Wolverine. Everything she is... is derived from Logan. Despite what Marvel may want to spoon feed you with their current industry destroying direction, she will never be what Wolverine was to comics. I love hearing CBR columnists' "10 Reasons Why X-23 is the better Wolverine". Where is the doggy bag?
    I'm not saying Laura's better at infantry fighting (although given the fact that she doesn't shy away from using actual weapons and not her claws, I could probably come up with a pretty decent argument), but she's clearly a better assassin. Logan takes the brute force approach to almost everything. Laura relies on how good she is, not how strong she is.
    There are a couple of different arguments in there. X-23 the better assassin? Logan better at infantry fighting? Brute Force vs Sneaky Stuff? As far as being the better assassin Logan has the numbers. As far as infiltrating the tough targets, he's done it. As far as being the better fighter? Infantry fighting is more indicative of that than killing them unaware, so Logan wins. Look at G.I. Joe. Best fighter and assassin is Snake Eyes. One of his specialities? Infantry.
    Last edited by PlotDevice; 08-31-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

but he admitted that Ogun and Shingen were more proeficient than him and that he slacked off a lot after Weapon X.
    Those are horses of a different color. Shingen being more proficient than him had primarily to do with swordplay. Logan is better than 95% of the swordsmen on the planet. The upper echelon are people that only fight with swords. Logan engaged Shingen in swordplay having not used one since probably when he was training as a ninja with Itsu's clan in the 1940's. Not only that, but he was injured and drugged when he fought Shingen. Take into account Wolverine: Origins. He asked the Silver Samurai, who fights exclusively with swords, to brush up his skills. By day 5 of training Logan was toying with the Silver Samurai. To note: Harada had two swords. Logan was using 1/2 of a single sword.

Ogun is even better. The dirtiest player in the game. Not just a swordsmen, not just a ninja, but a magic user as well. When it comes down to Ogun Logan steam rolled him back in the day in unarmed combat in Wolverine # 89, even though Ogun could slap hard enough to 1 shot a water buffalo. Logan killed Ogun In Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #6. He didn't even use technique. He simply went berserk and withing 3 moves, running on simple instinct he had the man dead to rights.
    Logan's a master, but he's heavy and slow (well, slow compared to Laura). X-23's sliced a bullet out of the air at point blank range.
    Logan is faster than X-23. He is a man in his prime. She is still a female child nearing her prime. Even when she gets there he will be faster than her. Basic science. X-23 has cut a bullet. Okay. Logan has hit Living Lightning. Dude who moves at light speed. Light speed > bullets. Anyone who has ever been at a gun range can also tell you that at a certain distance you can see the bullet, at least a 45 acp. Logan is on record as being able to move faster than the human eye can see... from a dead stop.

And as for Logan's additional weight (adamantium)... lets try to remember that this guy has low level superhuman everything in the physical realm. As his physical stats raise over time due to the very nature of his healing factor being adaptive, we must also realize that he has been getting faster and stronger than a regular human consistently since the 1880's. A normal person can get used to 100 lbs of extra weight in a relatively short span of time. For Logan this has been dealt with a LONG time ago. His EXTRA weight has been his NORMAL weight for a LONG TIME.
    And seriously, this whole "master of every form" is ridiculous. There's no way anybody has enough time to maintain a high level of proficiency in EVERY form of combat.
    True, but he has certainly had about a century more time attaining it than X-23 has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because "knows all forms of combat" is frankly a pretty meaningless feat.
    Everyone assimilates varied combat knowledge into a single form that benefits them individually as their own personal style. That being said, Logan has a far more avenues to pull from than most people, especially X-23. And he has certainly had the time to add far more pieces to his combat puzzle than she has.
    Lol that would be a great team up, i just hope that he doesn't complain about Daredevil sexual life again.
    Another prime reason Mark Millar's "Enemy of the State" is not the Wolverine masterpiece it's set up to be. Anyone that thinks Matt has slain more poon than Logan is brain dead at the very least. Especially considering Logan and Elektra were in a did they or did they not situation at that point. She had taken Logan home to meet the family by that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    On the Laura vs Logan debate, Laura can kill Logan if she fights him correctly.
    No she can't. She is categorically unable to kill him. You don't send Wolverine-lite to kill Wolverine-classic, especially when he has more combat options than she does.
    Logan might be a master but hes quick to anger
    Not against her.
    will let himself take to many blows he could have dodged
    He can afford to take blows that X-23 can't.
    something a person with anti-metal or some good at a control game
    Someone with Anti-Metal would have to address the claws directly. Logan's metal is safely within his body. Also don't know how anti-metal works on ADAMANTIUM-BETA. Adamantium synthesized with living bone tissue. An entirely different thing.
    No, it is a debate over who's better. Laura's better. Logan's tougher.
    Logan is better and tougher. He just doesn't need to prove it all the time.
    Well Larry Hama is known for the G.I Joe comics which can be really similar to the Metal Gear serie so it's not really suprising that the some similarities can be found in his Wolverine run especially during the whole memory implants/team X er. Now that I think about a fight between Team X and Foxhound could be fun!
    Love me some Larry Hama.

There really is no argument to be made for DD having any physical advantage over Logan, including agility. DD does not have superhuman agility or reflexes. He is olympic level across the board. His radar sense may give him a degree of advanced warning in some cases, but that just means he has extra time to react, not that he is physically beyond human level. Logan is physically beyond human capabilities in all areas.
    Isn't DD supposed to have some sort of mystical ninja training that make him superhuman to an extent, Elektra has the same i think.

Wow. You are missing a Lot of Logan to be making those kind of claims. Dark Phoenix is only just when he started getting any attention in the X-Books and Kyle and Yost pick up where his character for the most part started to suck. There's a lot in the middle you need to catch up on.]
    To be fair, under Byrne he was usually portrayed as just a brawler to make contrast with Cyclops who was the actual CQC expert at that point, even Iron Fist handle him pretty easily when he was using that Fang suit. Althougth he did stablish Logan's talent in stealh and affinity with nature.

I feel bad for the fans of modern Marvel. Marvel Generations: Wolverine is a terrible comic book.
    I agreee with this, but i really hate the "Real Fan" term, some people aren't just as well informed, it reeks a bit to elitist crap man.

Those are horses of a different color.
    Good points i admit, i did forgot about some of the disavantages that Logan has in those figths, but i still mantain that he probably doesn't work or practice as much as those guys, if you don't practice, your skill in that regard gets dulled.

Another prime reason Mark Millar's "Enemy of the State" is not the Wolverine masterpiece it's set up to be. Anyone that thinks Matt has slain more poon than Logan is brain dead at the very least. Especially considering Logan and Elektra were in a did they or did they not situation at that point. She had taken Logan home to meet the family by that point.
    Honestly, i enjoy the story, but Logan's inner monologues when he is possesed by The Hand and Hydra just don't make sense, i chalk that to the mind control honestly, especially in that scene with Rachel ugh....
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-31-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Indeed, Matt Murdock is the best

The X-Men were like: "Oh Logan is just feral nothing to see here, please move along". It reminds me of this comics strip by Kate Beaton:

Yeah Sam was great in X-Force especially during the Nicieza run and the John Francis Moore run.

That was really good and honestly I didn't see the twist coming at the time. It reminds me of what Bunn did recently with Hitzig, the nazi Magneto asked Wolverine to kill in Uncanny X-Force #9. He used this plot to build his Magneto serie and he even use again it during X-Men Blue that was nice.
    He has been of great help with the rigths of Logan's cacthprase .

Lol to that comic.

That twist by Nicieza was good, i too wasn't expecting it when it happened, but it was grest. Man i had to read Cullen Magneto at some point.