Page 33 of 138 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Here's more Wolverine. This is written by Jason Aaron... but I do like Christian Ward's art though:

*The limit is three pages so... here's the rest in the link:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...review-thor-5/

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Previews are up and running gentlemen !!!He is back bub!!!Damm Right he is back !!!!
    https://www.newsarama.com/41833-a-bl...review.html#s6

Attachment 70764
    Thank you for the link and picture!

I like the preview, the art is stunning like expected!!

Here my thoughs about the scene:
    The bloodshed is not done by a Soteira team it is clearly Logan's handiwork.
    I think this is indeed in Logan's head, I would not be surprised if the hand of the scientist turns out to change into Persephone's hand in the next panel. (Persephone touched Logan in the Hunt mini, and I think she is about to touch Logan in the last panel of Dead End. Remember she was shown removing her cloves! ) I think she is about to 'kill' Logan again:
    I think the scientist is not referring to the black clothed Logan, the killer, he is referring to Logan, Wolverine. ('No...No They killed you. You are dead!' and 'You're...You're not... are you him?' after Logan showed compassion by giving the scientist the bottle) They thought they killed Wolverine, his mind, and this seems to be indeed a test run sort of. And every time they think they succeeded in getting rid of Wolverine he snaps back to being himself, Logan the Wolverine. It is Logan fighting back. It is Logan's inner monologue mixed up with the simulation, sort of!

The whole situation seems to me like the simulation Shield performed on Logan in order to bring him back in EoS! Just now it is a reversed situation!
    It seems to be that there are two personalities in Logan's body sort of, the killer (what Soteira wants him to be) )and Logan the Wolverine. (would explain the post credit scenes imo)

At least that is what I hope for.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 09-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Here's more Wolverine. This is written by Jason Aaron... but I do like Christian Ward's art though:

Thank you, this art is stunning!!! Will pick this up for the art!!!

Edit: on second thought, this looks like fun too!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 09-13-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Don't apologize man, beauty sleep is important too , also good morning!, is night around this part of the world.

My Wolverine reading started with Old Man Logan by Millar and then Lemire, after that i became a fan and went for things like the Claremont/Miller mini and Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini until i decided to ask here for reccomendations (thanks to Hush again!) i did knew the character before all that thought, thanks to the 90s animated series, as a kid i couldn't see much beyond the cool guy with claws (and of course a part of me still see that lol), but growing up it was nice to find how he actually had more depth that i gave the character credit for.

Completly agreed about Rucka's run, the end of Brotherhood and some parts of Coyote Crossing were the best for me, i also like that Logan didn't have thought boxes, make him feel more dangerous and mysterious, kind of like Priest's Deathstroke, althought i did enjoy Creed's characterization in The Native, outside of that the story was just weird. I think that Cassie just expected to much for Logan lol.

Enjoy that coffee man, always nice to see you here
    Thanks for your understanding!!

Well, I think I am very untypical!
    I did not read a comic as a kid, and I did not watch the animated series. In fact the whole Marvel stuff flew under my radar at that time. I was more a novel reader as a kid, more into reading european scifi. I encountered mutants in a different concept there. There were mostly of asian origin due to the atomic bombs. They mostly had TK, TP , teleportation or where able to blow stuff up with their minds. The normal folks did not know about them. But they were in fact the key to human survival in the struggle with other cosmic species. The main protagonist, a non mutant, wanted to prepare mankind for this struggle and formed a special unit with some mutant friends and colleges. The recruiting process was a bit shady, using other mutants with TP to erase the memory if a mutant did not agree to join this special crew. So the mutant was able to live his/her live without knowing that this secret mutant crew even existed. (Well that's the start of the whole saga, which seems to be endless (similar to the marvel universe but in a novel format, at some point I lost interest! Jumped over to Star Wars and Star Treck and other stuff.)

I stumbled accidentally upon 'The Wolverine' aired on TV a little bit more than 2 years ago, and I thought that he was an interesting character. I knew that he was a comic book character but nothing more. I checked the other Fox films and X2 won me over. Logan being able to survive the adamantium bonding process due to his mutation, experiments on mutants, weaponizing them, etc. It was a fresh and new concept for me. (LOL! Strange to say this on this boards, where nostalgia is a knockout argument for the usage of older characters!! LOL!!) Jackman's performance also helped a lot!

When I am interested in a film character, I want to check out the source material. And I learned that they had already killed him of! Man that was devastating! But there was OML by Lemire which was really great and I started to read those runs I mentioned to get an impression of the og comic book character. Well, I became quickly a fan of the 616 comic version. (I like him more than the film version, because he brought additional interesting stuff with him)
    I like the ultimate version too, but I learned early, that he was killed off too! (it sucks too!!)
    So I read basically OG Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine (Logan) and OML simultaneously!!
    Call that being addicted!!!LOL!!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 09-14-2018 at 05:47 AM.

He deserved it lol.

I heard good things about it and i do like PAD's writting... but an stuborn part of me refuse to support anything that came from Clone Conspiracy.

Preach! Nigthwing and Tim Drake had it hard after the reboot especially the later, dear god i hope that they don't "kill him" again on Heroes On Crisis. At least Dick has a couple of great moments.

Indeed, were is GylT'Nav he should join this conversation!!!

Lol, i always found weird how Logan just got up and left with telling a work, i always assumed that it was just a hook up nothing serious, then again the end of Rucka's run always felt a bit... sudden for me, i don't know why.

In agreetment with everything that you said about Logan and now i have another Wolverine tale to read lol.
    Clone Conspiracy really left a bad taste in my mouth, so much potential wasted. I fear for Tim in Heroes on Crisis, honestly they should have made him the new Oracle now that Barbara is Batgirl again.

You're right all the Wolverine fans I met on this board were all nice and it's so much fun to talk with all you here!

Rucka's run on Wolverine was enjoyable but yeah the last story was really rushed which is a shame because I really liked the first three issues of this Native story. My guess is that Rucka had to end his run sooner than expected to make room for the Millar's run.

Previews are up and running gentlemen !!!He is back bub!!!Damm Right he is back !!!!
    https://www.newsarama.com/41833-a-bl...review.html#s6

Attachment 70764
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    [img]https://i1.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/THOR-3.jpeg?w=756[img]
    [img]https://i0.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/THOR-4.jpeg?w=756[/mg]
    [img]https://i1.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/THOR-5.jpeg?w=756[img]
    Thanks both of you for the previews! That McNiven art is beautiful and I love the callback to both Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and Wolverine: A miles in my mocassin in that Thor preview. Next week is going to be great for Wolverine's fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you for the link and picture!

I like the preview, the art is stunning like expected!!

Here my thoughs about the scene:
    The bloodshed is not done by a Soteira team it is clearly Logan's handiwork.
    I think this is indeed in Logan's head, I would not be surprised if the hand of the scientist turns out to change into Persephone's hand in the next panel. (Persephone touched Logan in the Hunt mini, and I think she is about to touch Logan in the last panel of Dead End. Remember she was shown removing her cloves! ) I think she is about to 'kill' Logan again:
    I think the scientist is not referring to the black clothed Logan, the killer, he is referring to Logan, Wolverine. ('No...No They killed you. You are dead!' and 'You're...You're not... are you him?' after Logan showed compassion by giving the scientist the bottle) They thought they killed Wolverine, his mind, and this seems to be indeed a test run sort of. And every time they think they succeeded in getting rid of Wolverine he snaps back to being himself, Logan the Wolverine. It is Logan fighting back. It is Logan's inner monologue mixed up with the simulation, sort of!

The whole situation seems to me like the simulation Shield performed on Logan in order to bring him back in EoS! Just now it is a reversed situation!
    It seems to be that there are two personalities in Logan's body sort of, the killer (what Soteira wants him to be) )and Logan the Wolverine. (would explain the post credit scenes imo)

At least that is what I hope for.

You know I was thinking the same thing, it's all in Logan's head which would explain why he's wearing that old costume but shortly after we know that Logan will try to escape from one of Soteira prison and he's still wearing that old costume (could still be in his mind) so who knows lol.

But there is also another possibility, this scene really reminds me of this one from Wolverine #98:

This scientist was working on cloning and de-extinction so what if he created something using Logan's dead body but after seeing what this thing did and the carnage he unleashed (what we saw in the preview) and what Persephone wanted to do next he decided to say "no more" and as a result Soteira just decided to kill him. But somehow the dead body of Logan that he was using for his experiments came back to life, with his memory fuzzy, his healing factor not working properly and the hot claws. That might explain why the guy tells him to remember who he was and to quickly stop Soteira killteam and then Persephone.

So maybe the doppelganger thing is real and that would explain why Logan (acting like his normal self) was travelling around the world with the space gem while at the same time another one was committing several murders. Maybe that's why he's using this new costume out of necessity because he's going to replace the other "fake" Wolverine in order to take down Soteira from the inside.

Or it's a mindcontrol/brainwashing/simulation similar to what happened during Ennemy of States as you said or during the Origins serie and I'm reaching too much. At least one thing for sure, we did make a lot of theories during Hunt/Return lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-14-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Don't apologize man, beauty sleep is important too , also good morning!, is night around this part of the world.

My Wolverine reading started with Old Man Logan by Millar and then Lemire, after that i became a fan and went for things like the Claremont/Miller mini and Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini until i decided to ask here for reccomendations (thanks to Hush again!) i did knew the character before all that thought, thanks to the 90s animated series, as a kid i couldn't see much beyond the cool guy with claws (and of course a part of me still see that lol), but growing up it was nice to find how he actually had more depth that i gave the character credit for.

Completly agreed about Rucka's run, the end of Brotherhood and some parts of Coyote Crossing were the best for me, i also like that Logan didn't have thought boxes, make him feel more dangerous and mysterious, kind of like Priest's Deathstroke, althought i did enjoy Creed's characterization in The Native, outside of that the story was just weird. I think that Cassie just expected to much for Logan lol.

Enjoy that coffee man, always nice to see you here
    You're welcome! It's funny because that's also how I saw Wolverine as a kid and as a result I never cared that much about him until one day while traveling I decided to buy this Wolverine magazine because I needed something to read lol. It was a reprint of Wolverine vol.2 #175, the Logan Files story (the backup issue was the first time Jason Aaron wrote a Wolverine story), I instantly became a fan and I tracked every issues possible.

Of course the fact that X2 was released shortly after also helped a lot lol.

You're reading Deathstroke? Such a good book, one of my facourite DC books right now, Priest would be perfect on Wolverine!

I did not read a comic as a kid, and I did not watch the animated series. In fact the whole Marvel stuff flew under my radar at that time. I was more a novel reader as a kid, more into reading european scifi. I encountered mutants in a different concept there. There were mostly of asian origin due to the atomic bombs. They mostly had TK, TP , teleportation or where able to blow stuff up with their minds. The normal folks did not know about them. But they were in fact the key to human survival in the struggle with other cosmic species. The main protagonist, a non mutant, wanted to prepare mankind for this struggle and formed a special unit with some mutant friends and colleges. The recruiting process was a bit shady, using other mutants with TP to erase the memory if a mutant did not agree to join this special crew. So the mutant was able to live his/her live without knowing that this secret mutant crew even existed. (Well that's the start of the whole saga, which seems to be endless (similar to the marvel universe but in a novel format, at some point I lost interest! Jumped over to Star Wars and Star Treck and other stuff.)

I stumbled accidentally upon 'The Wolverine' aired on TV a little bit more than 2 years ago, and I thought that he was an interesting character. I knew that he was a comic book character but nothing more. I checked the other Fox films and X2 won me over. Logan being able to survive the adamantium bonding process due to his mutation, experiments on mutants, weaponizing them, etc. It was a fresh and new concept for me. (LOL! Strange to say this on this boards, where nostalgia is a knockout argument for the usage of older characters!! LOL!!) Jackman's performance also helped a lot!

When I am interested in a film character, I want to check out the source material. And I learned that they had already killed him of! Man that was devastating! But there was OML by Lemire which was really great and I started to read those runs I mentioned to get an impression of the og comic book character. Well, I became quickly a fan of the 616 comic version. (I like him more than the film version, because he brought additional interesting stuff with him)
    I like the ultimate version too, but I learned early, that he was killed off too! (it sucks too!!)
    So I read basically OG Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine (Logan) and OML simultaneously!!
    As Master Roshi once said: Learn well! Play well, eat well, and rest well!

I'm a big fan of Sci Fi/Horror/Spy novels and what you said is really interesting, especially the description of the novel, someone at Marvel must have read it because that's what they did to Xavier in recent years lol. As a kid I was watching both the Spider-Man and Batman animated shows but like you I wasn't reading american comics mostly novels and Franco-Belgian comics or "bandes dessinées" until I stumbled across a Spider-Man comic and then I became a fan of Web-Head and years later the same thing happened with Wolverine and Daredevil.

Same thing for me, this idea that mutants were experimented on and turned into living weapon was something fresh and that flashback scene from X2 where a bloody Wolverine escaped from the Weapon X compound was just perfect and really showed how messed up this whole thing was for Logan!

I didn't read comic books when i was a kid either, they never came here, to be honest i read Old Man Logan in youtube when i was like 12 or 13 in spanish. That novel sounds really interesting thougth, i always wanted into more Scifi, but i never could, do you remember the name?.

The movies definetly helped me to understand the characther better, watching X2 and then reading Weapon X by BWS, man that hit mw hard, i was so glad when Logan screamed to Cornelius that he wasn't the animal, they were the animals not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Clone Conspiracy really left a bad taste in my mouth, so much potential wasted. I fear for Tim in Heroes on Crisis, honestly they should have made him the new Oracle now that Barbara is Batgirl again.

You're right all the Wolverine fans I met on this board were all nice and it's so much fun to talk with all you here!

Rucka's run on Wolverine was enjoyable but yeah the last story was really rushed which is a shame because I really liked the first three issues of this Native story. My guess is that Rucka had to end his run sooner than expected to make room for the Millar's run.

Thanks both of you for the previews! That McNiven art is beautiful and I love the callback to both Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and Wolverine: A miles in my mocassin in that Thor preview. Next week is going to be great for Wolverine's fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I was thinking the same thing, it's all in Logan's head which would explain why he's wearing that old costume but shortly after we know that Logan will try to escape from one of Soteira prison and he's still wearing that old costume (could still be in his mind) so who knows lol.

But there is also another possibility, this scene really reminds me of this one from Wolverine #98:

This scientist was working on cloning and de-extinction so what if he created something using Logan's dead body but after seeing what this thing did and the carnage he unleashed (what we saw in the preview) and what Persephone wanted to do next he decided to say "no more" and as a result Soteira just decided to kill him. But somehow the dead body of Logan that he was using for his experiments came back to life, with his memory fuzzy, his healing factor not working properly and the hot claws. That might explain why the guy tells him to remember who he was and to quickly stop Soteira killteam and then Persephone.

So maybe the doppelganger thing is real and that would explain why Logan (acting like his normal self) was travelling around the world with the space gem while at the same time another one was committing several murders. Maybe that's why he's using this new costume out of necessity because he's going to replace the other "fake" Wolverine in order to take down Soteira from the inside.

Or it's a mindcontrol/brainwashing/simulation similar to what happened during Ennemy of States as you said or during the Origins serie and I'm reaching too much. At least one thing for sure, we did make a lot of theories during Hunt/Return lol.
    Lol, he was also killed in Tynion's uneven run on Tec, that would make him a running joke at this point.

To be fair i think than that's because we are not many, especially in compparison to Storm acolytes and the Rigthclops brigade lol. Reading some old threads i found a couple of really annoying Wolverine fans but they were banned. I also found funny that none of us 3 is american lol.

Yup, there something about the end of his run that never sat well with me, it just felt sudden. Still i really enjoyed the Kurt/Logan talk.

Love you and GylT'Nav theories, hopefully Soule delivers, i really want this to be good.

You're welcome! It's funny because that's also how I saw Wolverine as a kid and as a result I never cared that much about him until one day while traveling I decided to buy this Wolverine magazine because I needed something to read lol. It was a reprint of Wolverine vol.2 #175, the Logan Files story (the backup issue was the first time Jason Aaron wrote a Wolverine story), I instantly became a fan and I tracked every issues possible.

Of course the fact that X2 was released shortly after also helped a lot lol.

You're reading Deathstroke? Such a good book, one of my facourite DC books right now, Priest would be perfect on Wolverine!

As Master Roshi once said: Learn well! Play well, eat well, and rest well!

I'm a big fan of Sci Fi/Horror/Spy novels and what you said is really interesting, especially the description of the novel, someone at Marvel must have read it because that's what they did to Xavier in recent years lol. As a kid I was watching both the Spider-Man and Batman animated shows but like you I wasn't reading american comics mostly novels and Franco-Belgian comics or "bandes dessinées" until I stumbled across a Spider-Man comic and then I became a fan of Web-Head and years later the same thing happened with Wolverine and Daredevil.

Same thing for me, this idea that mutants were experimented on and turned into living weapon was something fresh and that flashback scene from X2 where a bloody Wolverine escaped from the Weapon X compound was just perfect and really showed how messed up this whole thing was for Logan!
    Ha, that's funny, my love for Wolverine started in a similar way, althougth with different tales lol.

Priest's Deathstroke is amazing, i really want him to write Logan again, is definetly one of the best for him, he is probably more interested in Batman rigth now thougth.

You are DB fan too!!!, that's great, truly Muten Roshi was one of the wisest men in fiction

BANNED

Well imo that's kinda of dubious and stupid of making all of this cloning stuff , it really fades Logan's return on ROW(i can't actually explain about this but still) ....I really wanted him to be that kind of persona that happened during Windsor's Weapon X on ROW where he was psyched or stimulated(MCP Weapon X #84) and he was totally brutal and with more or less unpredictable instincts , if they are going to return him as Weapon X .

If i am taking the second option(i.e he is not being stimulated) then i think his Hot Claws were somehow related to him being brainwashed(like the Winter Soldier where he was being triggered by some special words to be brainwashed by Hydra on MCU) because when he came to his senses then his hot claws became normal and he questions the second person that what's actually happening with him.
    I am actually confused about this because there are so many questions that are not being answered during HFW and now there is only ROW and Avengers #700 remains...... ?
    If u don't mind i want to express those thoughts about ....like wise 1) How is being resurrected ?2) How he is being brainwashed or mind wiped? 3) What's Persephone background with Logan because she could have made his own Weapon X or H but still she chosen Logan to use him as weapon 4) What's the mystery behind Logan's Hot Claws ? 5) Why is Logan making such cameo appearances ? and so on ............

I started reading comics few years ago when i was a fan of Wolverine on X-Men movies since i always liked brutal characters like Punisher , Roschahch or Daredevil from their respective movies or shows . My first attraction towards an X-character was Wolverine when i started reading Old Man Logan during 2015s . Lemire's run pulled me to read more comics on Wolverine and eventually it became my favorite character . At first when i read this book i was actually kinda of confused since i didn't read Millar's OML , after reading that book i learned more about Logan's instincts , honor and feral character and especially what he actually wanted with his life i.e family which he will never get in his life since he was what he was .............
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-14-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I still can't believe that Wolverine canonically invented beer. It's the most Wolverine thing I've ever heard.

his internal monologue doesn't matter here, but I didn't feel like cropping.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 09-14-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Ha, that's funny, my love for Wolverine started in a similar way, althougth with different tales lol.

Priest's Deathstroke is amazing, i really want him to write Logan again, is definetly one of the best for him, he is probably more interested in Batman rigth now thougth.

You are DB fan too!!!, that's great, truly Muten Roshi was one of the wisest men in fiction
    As a DB fan since my childhood I actually think Roshi's character was funniest of all, especially when it comes to girls ;D ....btw was Krillin was like Roshi before he got married to Android ? Oolong was like Roshi i guess..........

As a DB fan since my childhood I actually think Roshi's character was funniest of all, especially when it comes to girls ;D ....btw was Krillin was like Roshi before he got married to Android ? Oolong was like Roshi i guess..........
    Not that i remember, maybe as a kid,.but as an adult he was pretty normal and very shy in general when it came to girls, also Krillin and N18 is IMHO the best pairing in that anime, is a pitty that ia so mistreated by the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I still can't believe that Wolverine canonically invented beer. It's the most Wolverine thing I've ever heard.

his internal monologue doesn't matter here, but I didn't feel like cropping.
    Wolverine: God of Beer

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Wolverine: God of Beer
    You can channel his power by drinking an entire keg before attempting to murder a bunch of people who have done questionable things but probably didn't deserve to die while smoking a Cuban cigar.
    If a keg cannot be found, two bottles of whiskey are an acceptable replacement, although it will result in a 10% reduction in strength.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"