Page 36 of 138 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thanks!!!.

Speaking of artist, i wanted to ask in this thread who are your top 5 Wolverine artist in all his years of publication?.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks!!!.

Speaking of artist, i wanted to ask in this thread who are your top 5 Wolverine artist in all his years of publication?.

I’m not familiar with the artists name .. I don’t usually pay attention
    But I googled their names for the sake of the question. Tbh, I don’t know why but wolverine is drawn differently all the time
    Sometimes ... he isn’t THAT short, sometimes he is
    Sometimes he’s hairy ... sometimes not so much

But my favs would be Marc Silvestri and Steve Mcviven

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    But I googled their names for the sake of the question. Tbh, I don’t know why but wolverine is drawn differently all the time

Well from the 70 to the 90s he was pretty consistenly short and hairy, granted the height has always been kind of weird because althought he is supposed to be 5,3 there instances (before the movies) when he clearly was taller than that, personally speaking i don't mind the height as long as he isn't taller than Scott, Ororo or Steve Rogers who are supposed to be tall and imposing leaders and he isn't shorter than Jubilee or Laura.

Good choices, McNiven especially, i would add Leinil Yu and Esad Ribic too.

BANNED

Thanks!!!.

Well my Top Artists who draws Wolverine are(not in order)

Steve Mcniven(obivously)
    Leinil Francis Yu
    Windsor Smith
    Andrea Sorrentino
    Reneto Guedes(for his designs on Aaron's run)
    Romita JR was also good but i wouldn't recommend that
    Darick Robertson was also good during Rucka's Wolverine

BANNED

Well from the 70 to the 90s he was pretty consistenly short and hairy, granted the height has always been kind of weird because althought he is supposed to be 5,3 there instances (before the movies) when he clearly was taller than that, personally speaking i don't mind the height as long as he isn't taller than Scott, Ororo or Steve Rogers who are supposed to be tall and imposing leaders and he isn't shorter than Jubilee or Laura.

I don't know why but i feel that 90's or 80's Wolverine being hairy was granted during those days and it didn't itched me then but i will certainly not recommend this type of character design now because nowadays those things really makes a bad taste towards modern comic superhero era imo ......
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-16-2018 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

Check this out, this was character design that was drawn by Renato Guedes during Aaron's run
    (if u haven't seen this before)
    Wolverine---Wolverine-Goes-To-Hell-(2011)-(Digital)-(Kileko-Empire)-033.jpg
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-16-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Mighty Member

I agree about the height ... it doesn’t bother me as much as other people.

And yesss! These artists u mentioned too. Idk y but I find it hard to pull off a good wolverine.
    So props to these artists!

Based on the stuff I read and seen so far (no ranking):
    Steve McNiven
    Barry Windsor Smith
    Marc Silvestri
    Adam Kubert
    Leinil Yu

and OML:
    Steve McNiven
    Andrea Sorrentino
    Mike Deodato
    Juan Ferreyra
    Ibraim Roberson
    Last edited by Gylfie; 09-16-2018 at 12:48 PM.

I agree about the height ... it doesn’t bother me as much as other people.

And yesss! These artists u mentioned too. Idk y but I find it hard to pull off a good wolverine.
    So props to these artists!
    I mean thematically make sense, a Wolverine is a short animal that can go toe to toe with bigger predators, but his enemies are consistenly taller and more imposing that him so is not really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well my Top Artists who draws Wolverine are(not in order)

Steve Mcniven(obivously)
    Leinil Francis Yu
    Windsor Smith
    Andrea Sorrentino
    Reneto Guedes(for his designs on Aaron's run)
    Romita JR was also good but i wouldn't recommend that
    Darick Robertson was also good during Rucka's Wolverine
    Windsor Smith is a classic, especially with Weapon X, man i used to like Romita JR art, but i think that is not as good as he used to be sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I don't know why but i feel that 90's or 80's Wolverine being hairy was granted during those days and it didn't itched me then but i will certainly not recommend this type of character design now because nowadays those things really makes a bad taste towards modern comic superhero era imo ......
    Yeah, he was supposed to be the hyper masculine anti-hero that was popular around those time, i think that Punisher was drawn among the same line and even Batman and Superman has a decent hairy chest, but as you said times had change and now they are drawn prettier lol.

Althought i still would like that Logan keep the body hair, helps to show that he is definetly a man of another time.

Mighty Member

I mean thematically make sense, a Wolverine is a short animal that can go toe to toe with bigger predators, but his enemies are consistenly taller and more imposing that him so is not really a problem.
    Yea true. He can be short but not 5’3 short .. that’s unbelievable xD

Yeah, he was supposed to be the hyper masculine anti-hero that was popular around those time, i think that Punisher was drawn among the same line and even Batman and Superman has a decent hairy chest, but as you said times had change and now they are drawn prettier lol.

Althought i still would like that Logan keep the body hair, helps to show that he is definetly a man of another time.
    The chest hair isn’t what’s bothering. It’s more of how they drew his hair with his beard.
    When he went and live in the jungle after Mags ripped of his adamantium, I know it’s supposed to be realistic but it was too much xD

18C207F3-27BF-467E-BD76-AFA3A7EA25A3.jpg

Yea true. He can be short but not 5’3 short .. that’s unbelievable xD

The chest hair isn’t what’s bothering. It’s more of how they drew his hair with his beard.
    When he went and live in the jungle after Mags ripped of his adamantium, I know it’s supposed to be realistic but it was too much xD

Lol, in the mid 90s artist really like to make Logan's hair that exaggerated to show how animalistic he was, but in that particular drawing was when he went through his feral regression and he became less human.

Well, Piccolo and Logan are the best babysitters/uncles in the DB and Marvel Universe respectively , of course they would get along.

And lol to that shirt, for a moment i thougth that it was Mr Satan with claws, pretty adorable too
    Indeed they're the best uncles! Vegeta and Wolverine on the other hand, I don't think they would like each other

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love it! Logan and Goku are just two of those unique characters that mash-up perfectly.
    Ah so true it's a really good mash-up! Well when you think about it Logan and Goku had some similar past experiences lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Can’t wait to get my hands on return of Wolverine 1 on Wednesday. First physical copy of a comic I’ll be buying in over a year. I really want to see the explanation of how Infinity Wolverine and pos t credit Wolverine was so different from hunt for Wolverine Wolverine. Also like that they’re bringing a little of the amnesia element back if only for this series.
    After Dead Ends, I wasn't really anticipated his return anymore, fortunately between the preview of the first issue of Return of Wolverine and the trailer Marvel put on Youtube, my hype has been restored!!!!
    I just hope Soule won't disappoint and as you said I also hope there will be a good explanation regarding the two characterizations of Logan we had since Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I am really enjoying the brainstorming and the conversations on this appreciation thread! Thank you guys! It was great way to pass the frustrating waiting time. Looking forward to more conversations!
    We created some amazing theories! Of course the cooking theory is the best one!! So can't wait to see if Mr. Soule's story will be able to surpass them!

Thank you for the link!
    This has some amazing additional art in it!!
    And yes, this seems likely! I am really curious how this will turn out. Can't wait!

Some nice art:
    [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnLrubaVsAAgBEf.jpg[img]

source:
    https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1041153653111832576
    Thanks for the art, I always loved Darick Robertson's depiction of Wolverine especially during his run with Greg Rucka:

A shame his art was so rushed during the Native story. So true the brainstorming we got about Hunt/Return was great and yeah nothing can beat our cooking theory!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!.

Only 5? Damn that's tough.

Top 5:

1. Barry Windsor-Smith
    2. John Byrne
    3. Marc Silvestri
    4. Adam Kubert
    5. Leinil Francis Yu

Honorable mentions: Steve McNiven, Jim Lee, Paul Smith, John Buscema, Todd McFarlane, Darick Robertson, John Cassaday, Art Adams and John Romita Jr.

BANNED

That's what i was actually talking about , i dont like him being too much hairy on his head which was his part of character design during 80's to 90's but nowadays i don't think fans gonna accept that...........
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-16-2018 at 01:53 PM.