Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Finally ended reading Wolverine: The Best There It Is, i had to say that it was a crazy as f%$# ride .

Is a weird combination of comedy, gore and interesting character exploration, especially liked issue #7, with that talk beetween Logan and Dazzler about how he is with woman and why he does play the mentor role with kids, i mean i don't necessarily agreed and i'm pretty sure that is not mean to be take completly serious, but there are certainly interesting, Winsor was crazy as entertaining and gross, love that speech that he give Logan around the third issue about f%$# deep villains he is a monster and enjoys it lol.

I also love the other X-Men here, i'm not sure where these exactly fit on continuity, but Huston choose an interesting crew, also as someone that usually dislike Emma post-Morrison, i did enjoy her characterization here. That ending with Dazzler was kind of nice, i remember some people telling me that it was gross but i don't know i kind of like it .

The artwork by Juan Jose Ryp didn't convince me at the beginning, but it really fits the tone when you get down to it (some of the images make me glad that i haven't eaten anything when it read it lol).

Overall, it was just fun, i'm surprised that not many people talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Finally ended reading Wolverine: The Best There It Is, i had to say that it was a crazy as f%$# ride .

Is a weird combination of comedy, gore and interesting character exploration, especially liked issue #7, with that talk beetween Logan and Dazzler about how he is with woman and why he does play the mentor role with kids, i mean i don't necessarily agreed and i'm pretty sure that is not mean to be take completly serious, but there are certainly interesting, Winsor was crazy as entertaining and gross, love that speech that he give Logan around the third issue about f%$# deep villains he is a monster and enjoys it lol.

I also love the other X-Men here, i'm not sure where these exactly fit on continuity, but Huston choose an interesting crew, also as someone that usually dislike Emma post-Morrison, i did enjoy her characterization here. That ending with Dazzler was kind of nice, i remember some people telling me that it was gross but i don't know i kind of like it .

The artwork by Juan Jose Ryp didn't convince me at the beginning, but it really fits the tone when you get down to it (some of the images make me glad that i haven't eaten anything when it read it lol).

Overall, it was just fun, i'm surprised that not many people talk about it.
    I enjoyed the run but didn't love the artist. I remember thinking how violent it was compared to the other Wolverine series that came out around the same time. I don't need over the top gore, but a guy with claws that can cut through anything and has not compunction against using them should spill some blood.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    They can make Laura Logan's biological daughter all they want, I don't see their dynamic changing all that much because of who they are character wise. Jubilee was and is the only young mutant Logan ever really treated as a daughter. With Kitty, he was more of like an uncle and with Laura a guidance councilor maybe.
    Yeah i really like Jubilee and Logan's dynamic
    If anyone other than Taylor is on the next Wolverine book, then this whole revelation thing will hopefully slip unnoticed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I enjoyed the run but didn't love the artist. I remember thinking how violent it was compared to the other Wolverine series that came out around the same time. I don't need over the top gore, but a guy with claws that can cut through anything and has not compunction against using them should spill some blood.
    I agree. That run made the Wolverine MAX series look super tame in comparison, and I am not sure that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I agree. That run made the Wolverine MAX series look super tame in comparison, and I am not sure that is a good thing.
    I had really high hopes for the Wolverine MAX series, the art was really top notch but the story fell flat for me. I would love to see another run written by Remender or Millar though.

I think that the art fit, is a messy, gory and gross, for a story that is all that. I had to agreed, althought i found some of it exaggerate, not that it bothered me i do expect to see blood in a Wolverine tale, especially when we are talking about a man that has zero qualms about killing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sorry, this maybe not the place for this but...

Anybody knows what happened with old man phoenix?
    where did that story go?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

where did that story go?
    According to the issue, is supposed to be continued in Thor #5 by Jason Aaron, witch still hasn't come out, i'm not sure when is released either.

where did that story go?
    Cape got it^

Already answered lol

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ok, thank you.
    I thought i was missing something.

I just read Origins II by Gillen and Kubert, witch was... well disappointing, is a story that is supposed to reveal why Victor and Logan hate eacth other, but it feels somehow incomplete, considering that Creed doesn't really appear until the last issue, it feels like it lacks a final issue to tie all together, not mentioning the contradiction with other previous orgins for the characther (also why was Mr Sinister on this ), especially that whole thing about having a family with similar powers than him, it just feel... strange.

On the positive side, the first issue was great and Kubert's artwork is beautifull, so at least we got some pretty pictures (that guy is definetly in my top 5 of Wolverine artist).

Ok, thank you.
    I thought i was missing something.
    No prob, you are welcome.

Is dead ends out tomorrow?

Is dead ends out tomorrow?
    Nah

https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Hunt-...al-comic/48918

Tomorrow is the last issue of Claws of a Killer, next week is Mystery of Madripoor.