Page 52 of 138 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Not just those panels in Extermination but since the Old Man left the Gold Team, he came back to the mansion in his own series during issues #39-40, he's still in contact with Glob as we saw during the second Bullseye arc, he helped the X-Men, the Avengers, the Defenders and Spider-Man in the first issue of Amazing Spider-Man by Spencer and he was still a member of the Weapon X team after getting his hand chopped off by the Scarlet Samurai (so after he left the Gold Team) by Pak.

So even if most of those appearances are minor, it's not just Brisson but also other writers who established that, while being on the road and staying low, Old Man Logan keeps coming back to the mansion or stays in contact with the X-Men so you think Kitty could have told him what's going on with Wolverine's body, Soteira and Persephone.

Eh for me Brisson and Soule both have the same problems, they got the characterization of Logan right but they have troubles with the pacing and the ending of their stories.
    Same, i do like Brisson plots in theory (i really like how OML realizes that Mariko is the Scarlet Samurai btw), but his execution does leave to be desired sometimes, especially with how decompressed things are (i really dislike how Bendis popularized this style ugh...), Days of Anger was the worst offender in that regard for me, althought Scarlet Samurai wasn't far behind, but i guest that because some themes of the story appealed me a bit more, i sort of give it more of a pass.

I agree re: Brisson. He gets Cable’s voice and Logan’s pretty well, but his writing is very hit or miss sometimes. I really thought he had a good handle on Nathan’s character...and then does something hack-ish like make him a teen. After the teen O5 fiasco and NuLobo this is just terrible and unoriginal.

Lets calm down a little bit in here on the Taylor and Brisson heat. This is the appreciation thread. Keep it positive please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

By the way next week will begin the NYCC 2018 so with any luck Marvel will reveal some interesting informations about Wolverine and the X-Men:

Here are the most interesting panels for Wolverine and X-Men fans:

October 6th, 2018:

MARVEL FANFARE with C.B. Cebulski
    12:15 PM - 1:30 PM
    Room 1A10

This is your chance to meet the new head of editorial at Marvel! In an exclusive one-on-one interview, freshly-minted Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski will talk about anything and everything involved in what's next for Marvel. Want to know what the future holds for Marvel's mutants? Dying to find out how Spider-Geddon ends? What does Forbush Man really look like without his helmet? Ask C.B. these questions and more in the Q&A! PLUS - don't miss a surprise exclusive giveaway variant comic!

Marvel Comics: Next Big Thing
    4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
    Main Stage 1D

Monumental events are on the horizon for the Marvel Universe, and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski can't wait to tell you all about them! Industry luminaries Jason Aaron (Avengers, Conan the Barbarian), Donny Cates (Guardians of the Galaxy), Gerry Duggan (Infinity Wars), and Dan Slott (Fantastic Four, Tony Stark: Iron Man) have incredible new stories in store for your favorite characters, and this is the place to hear about them first! PLUS - don't miss a surprise exclusive giveaway variant comic!

October 7th, 2018:

Marvel Comics: X-Men
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    Room 1A10

X-Traordinary things are in store for Marvel's Merry Mutants! Editor X the X-Treme (AKA Jordan White) is joined by superhuman talents Ed Brisson (Dead Man Logan, Uncanny X-Men), Sina Grace (Iceman), Matthew Rosenberg (Uncanny X-Men), Charles Soule (Return of Wolverine), and Leah Williams (X-Men Black) for a fun-filled forum. The current X-Men teams unite this November under one uncanny banner! Wolverine has returned under mysterious circumstances, but his aged counterpart might not be so lucky! All this, and Iceman reunited with his Amazing Friends! PLUS - don't miss a surprise exclusive giveaway comic!

If you want to see the schedule for all the NYCC 2018 Marvel Panels, check this link:

Source: https://www.marvel.com/nycc-new-york...hedules/panels
    I am really curious to see what Marvel is planning after January since majority of important x-comics(i.e ROW , X-Red , Uncanny , Astonishing and some other solo series) are going to end by the end of the January ....Hopefully they will say something during NYCC

A panel from Return of Wolverine #2 by Declan Shalvey:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No more McNiven?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No more McNiven?
    Hes on covers and issue 5(for now, if he can finish on time to do the obligatory eplouge omega issie)

Mighty Member

No more McNiven?
    Right?
    I thought McNiven was returning for RoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hes on covers and issue 5(for now, if he can finish on time to do the obligatory eplouge omega issie)
    So he’s only doing the covers n issue5?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I don't why u are saying DOW abruptly ended because the ending of the DOW clearly showed what Logan's is been doing for all those except for killing people by Cornilleus and then those four panels showed that what Logan has been doing except for killing which was beautiful orchestrated imo and adamantium statue wasn't bad either .........

IDK much about the aftermath of DOW scenario but the least i can say that DOW Logan Legacy was well orchestrated in terms of all the characters like Laura's feelings after Logan's death
    It’s just that I was expecting something more epic than just Logan fighting an evil scientist and being covered in adamantium as Wolverine’s swan song.
    I liked the sacrifice he did to make sure other don’t suffer the same fate as him and how his actions and the splash page with his memories proved that he was more than an animal and a weapon and he had a great life that he can be proud of but honestly I found the whole setup and his death to be rushed and abrupt. I didn’t feel it was Logan’s last stand but just another story with Logan who died for the umpteenth time in the most underwhelming way possible.

I preferred how his death was handled during the Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini by Aaron/Kubert or during the Logan Files story by Tieri/Chen now that was epic!
    In Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, seeing Logan marching to his death with the phoenix gun, remembering his life and basically making the ultimate sacrifice to stop an unstoppable force and dying in a blaze of glory was beautiful.
    Same during the Logan’s files story, seeing Logan without any powers taking on Sabretooth, Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike in order to save his daughter but failing and dying in the original Weapon X complex (the place where the Wolverine was born) against his greatest foe (Sabretooth), meeting Rose and Colossus in the Afterlife and reliving his most powerful memories was beautiful. much better executed than what we got during Death Of Wolverine in my opinion.

But in in the end, the problem was that I was expecting too much from this story so that's why I was disappointed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks for the list, based in the little that i read, Matt and Logan don't seem to care much for the other, although i headcannon that Matt might be still a little afraid of him for what happened in Enemy of the State, althought why Wolverine was jelaous about his sexual life we would never know.

Lol, it seems that Logan was taking fashion tips for Daredevil in the 90s.

Good list, i think that his Swamp Thing is the run that put him on the radar for many fans, but i'm not sure, i read the first issue of his Darth Vader, it was good but i haven't been able to continued with it sadly, lack of time. Never read his She Hulk, but i wanted to read a bit more of Jeniffer before going for that run, maybe Byrne or Slott work.

Lord help us if Taylor is the new Wolverine writer, he clearly can't see much of him past the archetype, but we already talked too much about, nice post about Logan and Amiko's bond, that Steven Skorce run was pretty nice, the moment when Logan adopted her might be among my top ten 10 favorite Wolverine moments, pitty that most writers sort of forget that she is thing. Ah man i thought exactly the same when i saw that scene, it felt really similar

Yeah, writing women wasn't his forte, but i feel than that was more Dikto than him, now his MJ thought that was a thing for another plantet lol, i still laught of all his silly dialogue, my biggest regret is that he never got to write Wolverine, i would have find it hilarious.

That's probably the reason, i really wish that people at the very least read Claremont, BWS and Hama as their to go approach when it comes to Logan, the last one might have been a bit too over the place with his plots, but he really got Wolverine's voice right. Another thing, regarding giving Wolverine his mystery aura again, someone at some point suggested the idea of Logan knowing his past with zero ammnesia, but we as the readers don't know what it is, we just get some small glimpses when the story requires it. I thought that it could be an interesting variation of the idea, what do you think?.

What is a bro road trip without fighting a Wendigo, they should bring Colossus along too, guy needs a hug after all the **** that he went through in the last few years.
    Yeah they never really cared about each other but you’re right especially after reading Weapon Lost, Wolverine might be one of the only person the Man Without Fear is afraid of.
    Ah so true about Logan’s weird obsession with Matt's love life and about taking advices from him for that costume but seeing the number of pouches I’m sure Cable was also involved in designing this costume lol.
    Yeah as Wolverine12 said, time to move on but thanks, I always like Logan and Amiko relationship and you’re right that Steve Skroce’s run was really fun and it’s a real shame that a lot of writers forget about her because she’s a really good character.

You can't go wrong with Byrne and Slott for She-Hulk, be warned though the art during the Slott and Soule run is not that great and really uneven. Also during the Slott's run we got that amazing scene with Wolverine and She-Hulk doing a fastball special against the Wendigo, the dialogue between Jen and Logan was just hilarious lol.

Ah your message about Mary Jane reminds me of this scene from Deadpool #11 by Joe Kelly where Deadpool and Blind Al went back in time to the Silver Age and more precisely to Amazing Spider-Man #47 and met all of Peter’s supporting cast lol:

Such an amazing issue.

Regarding Stan Lee, he did write Wolverine (and even Sabretooth) in one of those Newspaper Spider-Man strips (Spider-Man Newspaper Strips Vol 1 #2003) and as you guessed it was really funny:

Honestly it would be a similar situation to what we got after House of M and at the beginning of the Wolverine Origins series, with Logan knowing almost everything about his past and the readers knowing nothing and after what happened with Way and Loeb I don’t know if that would work anymore. But who know in the hands of a competent writer it could lead to interesting stories.

Yeah poor Piotr, life haven’t been easy for him since he came back to life in Astonishing X-Men and a road trip with Kurt and Logan could cheer him up. Well now that you mention it, having Colossus wrestling a Wendigo might be the perfect idea to make Piotr forget about his recent troubles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree re: Brisson. He gets Cable’s voice and Logan’s pretty well, but his writing is very hit or miss sometimes. I really thought he had a good handle on Nathan’s character...and then does something hack-ish like make him a teen. After the teen O5 fiasco and NuLobo this is just terrible and unoriginal.
    That Young Cable thing is really strange especially when Extermination is supposed to get rid of the younger versions of the O5 but honestly I think it’s just a way to “reset” Cable back to his original status quo and cleaning up some of his backgound. I'm not a fan of his design but I have to admit the little guy is ruthless!
    Last edited by Hush; 11-26-2018 at 05:25 PM.

No more McNiven?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Right?
    I thought McNiven was returning for RoW?

So he’s only doing the covers n issue5?
    He confirmed recently that he will draw issue 5 which is going to be an oversized issue.

Source: https://www.charlessoule.com/latest/...hanges-9212018

Edit: Correction it was Soule who confirmed that McNiven will draw the fifth issue, also I've added a source for Soule's comments.
    Last edited by Hush; 10-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Mighty Member

He confirmed recently that he will draw issue 5 which is going to be an oversized issue.
    Excuse my limited knowledge but what’s an oversized issue?

Double the page count.

Usually a single comic issue is around 24 pages but sometimes to celebrate a milestone some issue will be "oversized" which mean they will have much more pages (between 24 and 50 most of the time).

Edit: Beaten by WeaponX
    Last edited by Hush; 10-01-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Double the page count.
    Usually a single comic issue is around 24 pages but sometimes to celebrate a milestone some issue will be "oversized" which mean they will have much more pages (between 24 and 50 most of the time).

Edit: Beaten by WeaponX

Aha I see, thank you :3
    Can’t wait till I get my hands on RoW

Aha I see, thank you :3
    Can’t wait till I get my hands on RoW
    You're welcome So true, I just hope the next issue will give us some answers about what's going on with Wolverine, Persephone and Soteira!

By the way Declan Shalvey posted another drawing of Logan from Return of Wolverine:

source: https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...56778912198663

Nice sideburns Bub