Page 53 of 138 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    You're welcome So true, I just hope the next issue will give us some answers about what's going on with Wolverine, Persephone and Soteira!

By the way Declan Shalvey posted another drawing of Logan from Return of Wolverine:

source: https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...56778912198663

Nice sideburns Bub
    I’m actually waiting for the all the issues to drop. I just peep here n there cz I got no willpower xD

And Shalvey drawings is cool .. did he draw issue 1?

A panel from Return of Wolverine #2 by Declan Shalvey:

You're welcome So true, I just hope the next issue will give us some answers about what's going on with Wolverine, Persephone and Soteira!

By the way Declan Shalvey posted another drawing of Logan from Return of Wolverine:

source: https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...56778912198663

Nice sideburns Bub
    Thank you for posting this!
    Here is an interview with Declan Shalvey and some panels from RoW:

interview with Declan Salvey and some art:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42062-decl...lverine-2.html

Last edited by Gylfie; 10-01-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Declan Shalvey art is pretty great. I am loving the colors.
    RO W will have amazing art

Astonishing Member

Who else thinks the guy with omega red is Daken ?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's probably not Omega Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I’m actually waiting for the all the issues to drop. I just peep here n there cz I got no willpower xD

And Shalvey drawings is cool .. did he draw issue 1?
    I think that's for the best, reading all the issues in one go will be much better! But yeah it's hard to wait until everything is done lol.
    Nope McNiven drew the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Good to see you back GylT'Nav and you're welcome! Thanks for the preview images and for the interview
    Well we knew that the change of artist would be jarring but damn it still looks good and I love how Shalvey draws Logan (still not liking that costume though).
    That underwater panel is really great, it really looks like something from a horror movie, very atmospheric and kind of scary (especially those two soteira soldiers who looks like some reanimated corpses) so perfect for Shalvey.

Looking at the interview, we got some clues about what’s going on with Return of Wolverine. Shalvey mentioned that for story reasons a lot of Wolverine iconography couldn't be used when he designed the costume, the goal was to create a Wolverine’s costume that wasn’t meant for Wolverine and to play with the Sci-Fi elements of the story. The main inspiration of Shalvey were the uniforms of the original Star Trek movies.
    It also needs to share some similitudes with Soteira’s uniforms and with Persephone’s outfit.

Regarding the story, Shalvey said this:

" I really just initially kept my head down and got started with #2, but I just literally read all the remaining issue scripts (including the #5 script for Steve) and am stuck with how high concept the overall story is. It gets quite epic in scope and has a really messed up development later in the mini. I have the benefit of looking at the story as a whole and I can see how Charles has constructed it in a way that each issue does something different to Wolverine, and says something about who he is. That's really satisfying."

Between that statement, what Soule said about the third issue and the sollicits of the fourth issue it really seems something really controversial is going to happen by the end of the third issue. Really intriguing...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's probably not Omega Red.
    Soule mentioned in the script of the first issue, that this guy is not the classic Omega Red but the Omega Red we saw during Uncanny X-Force.

ItÂ’s just that I was expecting something more epic than just Logan fighting an evil scientist and being covered in adamantium as WolverineÂ’s swan song.
    I liked the sacrifice he did to make sure other donÂ’t suffer the same fate as him and how his actions and the splash page with his memories proved that he was more than an animal and a weapon and he had a great life that he can be proud of but honestly I found the whole setup and his death to be rushed and abrupt. I didnÂ’t feel it was LoganÂ’s last stand but just another story with Logan who died for the umpteenth time in the most underwhelming way possible.

I preferred how his death was handled during the Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini by Aaron/Kubert or during the Logan Files story by Tieri/Chen now that was epic!
    In Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, seeing Logan marching to his death with the phoenix gun, remembering his life and basically making the ultimate sacrifice to stop an unstoppable force and dying in a blaze of glory was beautiful.
    Same during the LoganÂ’s files story, seeing Logan without any powers taking on Sabretooth, Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike in order to save his daughter but failing and dying in the original Weapon X complex (the place where the Wolverine was born) against his greatest foe (Sabretooth), meeting Rose and Colossus in the Afterlife and reliving his most powerful memories was beautiful. much better executed than what we got during Death Of Wolverine in my opinion.

But in in the end, the problem was that I was expecting too much from this story so that's why I was disappointed by it.

Yeah they never really cared about each other but youÂ’re right especially after reading Weapon Lost, Wolverine might be one of the only person the Man Without Fear is afraid of.
    Ah so true about LoganÂ’s weird obsession with Matt's love life and about taking advices from him for that costume but seeing the number of pouches IÂ’m sure Cable was also involved in designing this costume lol.
    Yeah as Wolverine12 said, time to move on but thanks, I always like Logan and Amiko relationship and youÂ’re right that Steve SkroceÂ’s run was really fun and itÂ’s a real shame that a lot of writers forget about her because sheÂ’s a really good character.

You can't go wrong with Byrne and Slott for She-Hulk, be warned though the art during the Slott and Soule run is not that great and really uneven. Also during the Slott's run we got that amazing scene with Wolverine and She-Hulk doing a fastball special against the Wendigo, the dialogue between Jen and Logan was just hilarious lol.

Ah your message about Mary Jane reminds me of this scene from Deadpool #11 by Joe Kelly where Deadpool and Blind Al went back in time to the Silver Age and more precisely to Amazing Spider-Man #47 and met all of PeterÂ’s supporting cast lol:

Such an amazing issue.

Regarding Stan Lee, he did write Wolverine (and even Sabretooth) in one of those Newspaper Spider-Man strips (Spider-Man Newspaper Strips Vol 1 #2003) and as you guessed it was really funny:

Honestly it would be a similar situation to what we got after House of M and at the beginning of the Wolverine Origins series, with Logan knowing almost everything about his past and the readers knowing nothing and after what happened with Way and Loeb I donÂ’t know if that would work anymore. But who know in the hands of a competent writer it could lead to interesting stories.

Yeah poor Piotr, life havenÂ’t been easy for him since he came back to life in Astonishing X-Men and a road trip with Kurt and Logan could cheer him up. Well now that you mention it, having Colossus wrestling a Wendigo might be the perfect idea to make Piotr forget about his recent troubles lol.

That Young Cable thing is really strange especially when Extermination is supposed to get rid of the younger versions of the O5 but honestly I think it’s only temporary and a way to “reset” Cable back to his original statu quo and cleaning up some of Cable’s backgound. I'm not a fan of his design but the little guy is ruthless, he just needs to lift some weight now that would be great lol.
    Yup, also both are ninjas and are very tied with The Hand (i think) so it could be fun to see a hand to hand fight between those 2.
    I don't want to see Wolverine monologue about Daredevil sexual life ever again . Maybe that can be the start of a friendship between then, Logan lost his costume and Matt let him to modifications to it, of course Cable gave wise hindsight in the design part lol.
    It probably has to do with the fact that she is technically a civilian and those don't appear much as supporting characters these days sadly, honestly when Wolverine finally comes back, first thing is that he should have a solid supporting cast.

Lol, that scene is great, Joe Kelly's Deadpool is in my "Must Read' list, but again haven't got the time, i guest that Mary Jane was making honor to her name .

Maybe, but i think that not having Loeb and Way would be a step in the right direction lol.

Wendigo vs Colossus should be the match of the century!!, maybe Piort can do an 80s montage training with Kurt and Logan lol

Also, i finally checked the last episode of The Long Night, it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Good to see you again, i hope that you are getting enough beauty sleep man .

Soule mentioned in the script of the first issue, that this guy is not the classic Omega Red but the Omega Red we saw during Uncanny X-Force.
    Could you refresh my memory about that Omega Red please?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    They were created by a company called White Sky at the behest of Daken and his new brotherhood. They were given false memories of Uncanny X-Force doing awful things to them and their family in the past. Initially there were 3 of them. Created using material from the original Omega Red. Link below.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Omega_Clan_(Earth-616)
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    They were created by a company called White Sky at the behest of Daken and his new brotherhood. They were given false memories of Uncanny X-Force doing awful things to them and their family in the past. Initially there were 3 of them. Created using material from the original Omega Red. Link below.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Omega_Clan_(Earth-616)
    Thanks!!!

Yup, also both are ninjas and are very tied with The Hand (i think) so it could be fun to see a hand to hand fight between those 2.
    I don't want to see Wolverine monologue about Daredevil sexual life ever again. Maybe that can be the start of a friendship between then, Logan lost his costume and Matt let him to modifications to it, of course Cable gave wise hindsight in the design part lol.
    It probably has to do with the fact that she is technically a civilian and those don't appear much as supporting characters these days sadly, honestly when Wolverine finally comes back, first thing is that he should have a solid supporting cast.

Lol, that scene is great, Joe Kelly's Deadpool is in my "Must Read' list, but again haven't got the time, i guest that Mary Jane was making honor to her name.

Maybe, but i think that not having Loeb and Way would be a step in the right direction lol.

Wendigo vs Colossus should be the match of the century!!, maybe Piort can do an 80s montage training with Kurt and Logan lol

Also, i finally checked the last episode of The Long Night, it was amazing.
    Yeah both seems to have a problem with ninjas lol. So true about Daredevil’s love life, I just hope that Spider-Man isn’t aware about Logan and Black Cat relationship because the last time he saw Daredevil with her he was really sad lol.
    Regarding his costume, well it can’t be worse than the costume Otto designed for him during the Cornell run that’s for sure.

Well she’s technically a modern ninja now and when you see how much her ex-boyfriend, appeared in recent years it would be interesting for her to make a comeback again especially after the tease we got at the end of Back in Japan.

It was one of the first Deadpool issue I bought, and after reading it I became a fan of the character until Daniel Way took over the serie. I didn't like his take on the character at all.

Wolverine and Kurt training Piotr? I can already hear Logan screams: “It’s training time Bub!!!!”

First hitting the gym:

Then some combat training with both Kurt and Logan:

And finally Wolverine teaching Piotr how to push beyond his limits:

In no time Colossus will be the champ!

Yeah episode 4 was really great and now I can’t wait for tomorrow episode!

Yeah as Wolverine12 said, he’s a clone of the original Omega Red with fake memories. He was recently working as a mercenary and was almost killed by Deadpool and Shiklah.

Incredible Member

While I love Declan Shalvey's art on Moon Knight, I can't stand it's placement in this story. It really just doesn't fit with the tone established by McNiven, for me anyway.