Page 56 of 138 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Good to see you again, i hope that you are getting enough beauty sleep man .
    Lol! Beauty sleep was in summer, did not help much! lol! Now it is hibernation!

About the MCP starting in January:
    Hopefully, everything that Daniel Way wrote about Wolverine.

I think that by the end of Return of Wolverine, Logan isn't going to recover all his memories before dying and it would lead to some retcons in his backstory.
    Yeeeees pleeeaaase!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Looking at the official announcement, the Wolverine's story will be set in the 40s so maybe during World War II.

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-anniversary

The original Marvel Comics Presents series was a mix of solo and team-up stories which were set in the past and in the present. It was almost a secondary Wolverine title, out of the 175 issues more than 100 were staring Wolverine, so it’s kind of funny seeing the same people on this board complaining that Wolverine will be in this relaunch because he’s the one who made this series popular in the first place lol.

Also some of the best Wolverine stories were published in the series and the first 10 issues were basically a prelude to his ongoing.

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Wolverine: The Long Night will get a comic adaptation in January 2019:

source:https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...the-long-night

Nice! Thanks for the info and the link GylT'Nav! Between the Marvel Comics Presents announcement and this adaptation of the Long Night that's a lot of good news for Wolverine's fans

I hope Marvel will announce the creative team for the Wolverine ongoing this weekend

Nice! Thanks for the info and the link GylT'Nav! Between the Marvel Comics Presents announcement and this adaptation of the Long Night that's a lot of good news for Wolverine's fans

I hope Marvel will announce the creative team for the Wolverine ongoing this weekend
    Your welcome! Yes I am pretty happy right now. I am also hope for a announcement for the Wolverine ongoing too!

Ah you're right the irony is delicious lol and speaking of that Cyber story, the whole thing was really surreal especially that scene:

Wolverine and Cyber both driving those weenie-mobiles always make me laugh, same as Tyger Tiger playing table tennis with Coy out of nowhere lol.
    I don't really know what kind of drug Peter David took when he wrote this story, but damn that was a strong one.

Wolverine as an actor? Well when you think about it during the same story, Logan tried to act like John Travolta from Grease and he's an expert in delivering one liners so who knows maybe Logan will win an Oscar one day!

Kazuma and Logan going to karaoke, beating thugs in the streets of Kamurocho, entering the underground coliseum as a team and going to a hostess club could be amazing! I'm sure Majima would try to go with them to the karaoke though.

Noooooooooo what have you done TheCape? The Wolverines
    Oh that story was freaking weird but kind of fun, knowing how PAD likes to put sex related subtext (or just plain text, he kind of reminds me to G.R.R Martin in that regard) on his stories, i kind of interpret the whole thing as a weird methapor for castration, especially with those wennies or just a bit pissing contest about who has the bigger tool you know kind of poking fun at Logan's super masculine person, but maybe i'm reading too much into it lol. Still it was a great, probably my favorite story with Tyger Tyger on it.

There no stoping the talent of this man!!!!.

That sounds like the most awesome team up ever and of course Logan can tell his "Raised by Wolverines" story to the kids on Kazuma's orphanage. Majima would be a great adition, his sppining kick is the stuff of nigthmares, you can turn into the biggest figtherbin all Tokyo by using that thing in Yakuza 0 lol.

The played me like a damn fiddle!!! I was just joking when i suggested the idea
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-05-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Thank you ! This preview looks really good!

Lol! Beauty sleep was in summer, did not help much! lol! Now it is hibernation!

About the MCP starting in January:

Yeeeees pleeeaaase!

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting.
    Happy hibernation then, please be careful an keep enougth food inside your lair

The first 10 issues of Marvel Comics present are the start of the Madripoor era and is a small sequel to an X-Men story, but you don't need to read it in order to get it, i recommend it if you want to read more about Patch Logan.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-05-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Happy hinbernation then, please be careful an keep enougth food inside your lair

The first 10 issues of Marvel Comics present are the start of the Madripoor era and is a small sequel to an X-Men story, but you don't need to read it in order to get it, i recommend it if you want to read more about Patch Logan.
    Yes I'll take care!!! Thank you!!

Thank you for your recommendation.
    Those first 10 issues were 'Save the Tiger'?
    They were included in the Wolverine epic collection: Madripoor Nights. I liked them!

They were included in the Wolverine epic collection: Madripoor Nights. I liked them!
    Good!!! .

Yes, is the "Save the Tiger" storyline, great that you like it

Looking at the official announcement, the Wolverine's story will be set in the 40s so maybe during World War II.

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-anniversary

The original Marvel Comics Presents series was a mix of solo and team-up stories which were set in the past and in the present. It was almost a secondary Wolverine title, out of the 175 issues more than 100 were staring Wolverine, so it’s kind of funny seeing the same people on this board complaining that Wolverine will be in this relaunch because he’s the one who made this series popular in the first place lol.
    The bold part. I really hate people with double standards. Sometimes I really I want say something to them, but its not really worth it, so I leave it alone. Sometimes I wonder if those people think before opening their mouths.

Awesome!

I'm crossing my fingers for Christopher Priest to get the solo.... while my other hand I'm crossing my fingers for Tom Taylor doesn't get the Wolverine solo, lol.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I was hoping something like this would happen. Glad that it is.

BANNED

Is this a canon comic series or in other words does this comics series is the continuation of OG Logan after ROW ?? Honestly somehow this came to mind that this was bound to happen !!!

Thanks for the info btw ............

Oh that story was freaking weird but kind of fun, knowing how PAD likes to put sex related subtext (or just plain text, he kind of reminds me to G.R.R Martin in that regard) on his stories, i kind of interpret the whole thing as a weird methapor for castration, especially with those wennies or just a bit pissing contest about who has the bigger tool you know kind of poking fun at Logan's super masculine person, but maybe i'm reading too much into it lol. Still it was a great, probably my favorite story with Tyger Tyger on it.

There no stoping the talent of this man!!!!.

That sounds like the most awesome team up ever and of course Logan can tell his "Raised by Wolverines" story to the kids on Kazuma's orphanage. Majima would be a great adition, his sppining kick is the stuff of nigthmares, you can turn into the biggest figtherbin all Tokyo by using that thing in Yakuza 0 lol.

The played me like a damn fiddle!!! I was just joking when i suggested the idea

Well there were definitely some sexual innuendo especially in that scene, that’s for sure lol so you might be on something with your theory.
    One of the reasons for the wiener-mobiles was because Sam Kieth really wanted to draw Wolverine in one of those car and in Madripoor while also adding some restaurants from the 50s with waitress on rollers. The surreal tone was inspired by Twin Peak which was quite big at the time and by Peter David using sleep deprivation to write this story which might also explain why this story was really over the top and felt like a fever dream lol.

Source: https://www.peterdavid.net/2015/01/2...ry/#more-10157

Yeah but this time Logan needs to work on the ending of his bedtime story lol. Also he should bring Amiko with him, I’m sure she can teach Haruka some ninja stuff!
    The Breaker style? This thing is so crazy and enjoyable, Majima is a beast in Yakuza 0 and is so fun to play as.
    Just imagine the chaos that would result from having Logan, Kiryu and Majima teaming up in the streets of Kamurocho, not even the Amon clan would dare challenge them!

Be careful with Marvel, Peter David was joking about Magneto ripping the adamantium out of Logan’s skeleton but Marvel's editors took it seriously and created Fatal Attraction so don’t tempt them lol.

You’re in luck, next year Marvel is going to release the follow-up to the Madripoor Nights volume with the Epic Volume 2: Back to Basics:

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Epi...back+to+basics

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    The bold part. I really hate people with double standards. Sometimes I really I want say something to them, but its not really worth it, so I leave it alone. Sometimes I wonder if those people think before opening their mouths.

I'm crossing my fingers for Christopher Priest to get the solo.... while my other hand I'm crossing my fingers for Tom Taylor doesn't get the Wolverine solo, lol.
    Yeah the double standard, the hypocrisy and the mental gymnastics from some users when it comes to Wolverine are really something, but I think it’s best to ignore them, there is no point in arguing with people who just hate the character. Besides It’s not like Marvel is listening to them either lol.

Priest, Duggan or Brubaker would be my favorite choices, but yeah let’s keep those fingers crossed to make sure Taylor isn’t the next Wolverine's writer!

So I finished listening to episode 5 of The Long Night and wow things were crazy, this is definitely a chapter with a lot of action.

spoilers:
    We hear Logan talking for a while to Maureen (at least to her voicemail) and saying what’s happening from his point of view and how he became involved in this whole mess while still trying to keep a low profile which was nice but the big surprise was the reveal of one of the antagonist: Brent Langrock.
    This guy is a beast and he’s ruthless especially during his fight with the bear which was amazing. Taking down the bear with a Bowie knife and screaming like an animal after he killed it was scary, you would have told me this guy was Sabretooth I would have believed you.
    If Logan fights this guy, things are going to get really messy.
    end of spoilers

So all in all another great chapter, things are definitely picking up and I can’t wait for the next episode

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I never heard the podcast yet but im excited its becoming a comic. And its cool logans being used in MCP even if its only a flaahbqck tale from WW2
    X-Men Forever

Well there were definitely some sexual innuendo especially in that scene, that’s for sure lol so you might be on something with your theory.
    One of the reasons for the wiener-mobiles was because Sam Kieth really wanted to draw Wolverine in one of those car and in Madripoor while also adding some restaurants from the 50s with waitress on rollers. The surreal tone was inspired by Twin Peak which was quite big at the time and by Peter David using sleep deprivation to write this story which might also explain why this story was really over the top and felt like a fever dream lol.

Source: https://www.peterdavid.net/2015/01/2...ry/#more-10157

Yeah but this time Logan needs to work on the ending of his bedtime story lol. Also he should bring Amiko with him, I’m sure she can teach Haruka some ninja stuff!
    The Breaker style? This thing is so crazy and enjoyable, Majima is a beast in Yakuza 0 and is so fun to play as.
    Just imagine the chaos that would result from having Logan, Kiryu and Majima teaming up in the streets of Kamurocho, not even the Amon clan would dare challenge them!

Be careful with Marvel, Peter David was joking about Magneto ripping the adamantium out of Logan’s skeleton but Marvel's editors took it seriously and created Fatal Attraction so don’t tempt them lol.

You’re in luck, next year Marvel is going to release the follow-up to the Madripoor Nights volume with the Epic Volume 2: Back to Basics:

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Epi...back+to+basics

Yeah the double standard, the hypocrisy and the mental gymnastics from some users when it comes to Wolverine are really something, but I think it’s best to ignore them, there is no point in arguing with people who just hate the character. Besides It’s not like Marvel is listening to them either lol.

Priest, Duggan or Brubaker would be my favorite choices, but yeah let’s keep those fingers crossed to make sure Taylor isn’t the next Wolverine's writer!
    To be fair, when it comes to find suntext in PAD's work my mind usually goes to sex lol, so i definetly take that theory with are grain of salt. Thanks for the article, really interesting, i had to say i didn't appreciateCyber much on Hama's run when i saw for the first time, but this story make me like him.

Lol, that's true, Kazuma always wonder why the kids seem to sleep less when Logan visits lol. That's a great idea for Amiko, besides their personalities could be a fun contrast to eacth other.
    Majima's break dance power has terrified has bring fear in the hearts of every criminal in Tokyo, even Godzilla looks him with respect, that beast+Logan+Kazuma would be end of every criminal empire in Japan.

My god is true!!!, why didn't i listen ir when i had the chance...

What has been doing Brubaker lately, i don't think that je is really on the table of possibilities but i haven't heard of him for a while.