Page 57 of 138 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    So I finished listening to episode 5 of The Long Night and wow things were crazy, this is definitely a chapter with a lot of action.

spoilers:
    We hear Logan talking for a while to Maureen (at least to her voicemail) and saying what’s happening from his point of view and how he became involved in this whole mess while still trying to keep a low profile which was nice but the big surprise was the reveal of one of the antagonist: Brent Langrock.
    This guy is a beast and he’s ruthless especially during his fight with the bear which was amazing. Taking down the bear with a Bowie knife and screaming like an animal after he killed it was scary, you would have told me this guy was Sabretooth I would have believed you.
    If Logan fights this guy, things are going to get really messy.
    end of spoilers

So all in all another great chapter, things are definitely picking up and I can’t wait for the next episode
    spoilers:
    Yup that figth between Brett Langrock was good, he definetly is going to give some trouble to Logan at the end of the story.
    Glad that Percy has been to keep this interesting in the first half
    end of spoilers

BANNED

After seeing the solicitations of Wolverine The Long Night,am i the only one who is thinking what would actually happen to Logan after ROW ???or Do u think this comic adaptation is non canon?????

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    After seeing the solicitations of Wolverine The Long Night,am i the only one who is thinking what would actually happen to Logan after ROW ???or Do u think this comic adaptation is non canon?????
    It’s a comic adaptation of the scripted podcast. I doubt it’s canon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah that was already known to me (tbh i have already finished 5 episodes) but it doesn't mean that the podcast script has to be similar to the comic adaptations. And this thought or theory came to my mind based on what type of situation Logan has fallen into . I have a big explanation about my theory but I will tell this in short "Wolverine is not going back to X-Men"

So from the NYCC panel:

- The first arc of Dead Man Logan will deal with Logan's unfinished business and most notably Mysterio.

- The cover of Return of Wolverine #5:

Logan is wearing a similar outfit to the one we saw in Legacy/Where is Wolverine and is fighting in space, most probably on Persephone’s space ship.

- Some interior art from Thor #6 featuring the Phoenix Wolverine:

- Some interior art from The Long Night comic adaptation;

- There are currently no plans to bring back the son of Wolverine Erista or the son of Colossus.

- A fan asks to the writers who were present at the panel what their favorite plot that they didn't get to do is. Brisson wanted to have Silver Samurai cut off Logan's head and then have his head grow back over an issue and a half.

Source:

https://www.newsarama.com/42263-nycc...ics-x-men.html

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...olverine-nycc/

Really disappointed by the lack of informations about Return of Wolverine or just what’s next for Logan.
    Last edited by Hush; 10-08-2018 at 02:57 AM.

So from the NYCC panel:

- The first arc of Dead Man Logan will deal with Logan's unfinished business and most notably Mysterio.

Logan is wearing a similar outfit to the one we saw in Legacy/Where is Wolverine and is fighting in space, most probably on Persephone’s space ship.

- Some interior art from Thor #7 featuring Phoenix Wolverine:

- Some interior art from The Long Night comic adaptation;

- There are currently no plans to bring back the son of Wolverine Erista or the son of Colossus.

- A fan asks to the writers who were present at the panel what their favorite plot that they didn't get to do is. Brisson wanted to have Silver Samurai cut off Logan's head and then have his head grow back over an issue and a half.

Source:

https://www.newsarama.com/42263-nycc...ics-x-men.html

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...olverine-nycc/

Really disappointed by the lack of informations about Return of Wolverine or just what’s next for Logan.
    So i'm guessing for that cover than the climax of the story that ROW would end in that Soteira space station, hopefully Logan's hot claws would.save him from the vacuum lol.

Brisson apparently wanted OML to be like Ultimate Wolverine.

But yeah too bad that the barely said anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, when it comes to find suntext in PAD's work my mind usually goes to sex lol, so i definetly take that theory with are grain of salt. Thanks for the article, really interesting, i had to say i didn't appreciateCyber much on Hama's run when i saw for the first time, but this story make me like him.

Lol, that's true, Kazuma always wonder why the kids seem to sleep less when Logan visits lol. That's a great idea for Amiko, besides their personalities could be a fun contrast to eacth other.
    Majima's break dance power has terrified has bring fear in the hearts of every criminal in Tokyo, even Godzilla looks him with respect, that beast+Logan+Kazuma would be end of every criminal empire in Japan.

My god is true!!!, why didn't i listen ir when i had the chance...

What has been doing Brubaker lately, i don't think that je is really on the table of possibilities but i haven't heard of him for a while.
    Ah so true about PAD, there are a lot a subtext in his work lol. I found the character a little over the top at first the guy doesn’t have adamantium claws but his whole body is covered in adamantium so what can Logan do against him lol.
    But I agree this story was fun and honestly they should have let the origins of the feud between Logan and Cyber someway a mystery instead of adding this whole Romulus/Janet/Silas Burr nonsense.
    Also he should have stayed dead after being eaten by the bugs in my opinion, the whole spirit thing was redundant especially when we already have Ogun doing that kind of thing.

Yeah I think even the Hand would think twice before trying to attack them lol.

He signed a 5 years’ exclusive deal with Image in 2013 and did a lot of great series such as Velvet, Fatale, The Fade Out and more recently Kill or be Killed. He's currently writing the graphic novel My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies and next year him and Sean Phillips are going to relaunch the Criminal series.
    So yeah there is almost zero chance he will write a Wolverine ongoing anytime soon, it's just a dream of mine lol.

But looking at the announcements we got at NYCC up until now, Duggan will write Savage Sword of Conan and is currently writing the Dead Rabbit series for Image.

Soule’s runs on Daredevil and Darth Vader will both end at the end of the year, he teased another project with Steve McNiven on twitter and for now he only has Marvel Comics Presents and a secret Star Wars title on the pipeline so I wouldn’t be surprised if him and McNiven are relaunching Wolverine after Return.

Priest is writing Deathstroke and is doing a Spider-Geddon tie in so who knows it’s still possible and could be a nice surprise.

Thinking about it I’m really hyped for the Conan relaunch next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah that was already known to me (tbh i have already finished 5 episodes) but it doesn't mean that the podcast script has to be similar to the comic adaptations. And this thought or theory came to my mind based on what type of situation Logan has fallen into . I have a big explanation about my theory but I will tell this in short "Wolverine is not going back to X-Men"
    The podcast is set in the past just after the Weapon X experiment and Logan is on the run from Weapon X but we don’t know anything about the backstory of this Logan it could be more similar to the Ultimate Universe than the classic universe for all we know. But yeah as Arsenal said It shouldn’t be canon to our universe, it was also confirmed by the producer that the story takes place in a separate continuity of the comic book universe.

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/wo...ght-interview/

Now they could change things up here and here for the comic’s adaptation to make sure it works continuity wise so it would be set after the events of Wolverine -1 and before Giant Size X-Men #1 but who knows.
    Last edited by Hush; 10-07-2018 at 09:45 AM.

So i'm guessing for that cover than the climax of the story that ROW would end in that Soteira space station, hopefully Logan's hot claws would.save him from the vacuum lol.

Brisson apparently wanted OML to be like Ultimate Wolverine.

But yeah too bad that the barely said anything new.
    Yeah the final battle will surely be in space which make the space stone plot or what Logan was reading during the Legacy one shot even more intriguing. So true let's hope the hot claws will save Logan from the vacuum of space.

Well it wouldn't be the first time the classic Wolverine survived decapitation which in retrospect make the Xavier's protocols from the Onslaught's event really obsolete lol.

BANNED

I hope he doesn't return to X-Men then we can get much good solo Wolverine comics without much toxicity and without much retcons but that's my personal opinion . I am really thinking if someone like Ennis (who also like superhumans ) gets to write Wolverine would be very good without much interference of other characters just like the Long Night but idk whether Percy would be able get those standards that i expect for comic adaptations........

Ah so true about PAD, there are a lot a subtext in his work lol. I found the character a little over the top at first the guy doesn’t have adamantium claws but his whole body is covered in adamantium so what can Logan do against him lol.
    But I agree this story was fun and honestly they should have let the origins of the feud between Logan and Cyber someway a mystery instead of adding this whole Romulus/Janet/Silas Burr nonsense.
    Also he should have stayed dead after being eaten by the bugs in my opinion, the whole spirit thing was redundant especially when we already have Ogun doing that kind of thing.

Yeah I think even the Hand would think twice before trying to attack them lol.

He signed a 5 years’ exclusive deal with Image in 2013 and did a lot of great series such as Velvet, Fatale, The Fade Out and more recently Kill or be Killed. He's currently writing the graphic novel My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies and next year him and Sean Phillips are going to relaunch the Criminal series.
    So yeah there is almost zero chance he will write a Wolverine ongoing anytime soon, it's just a dream of mine lol.

But looking at the announcements we got at NYCC up until now, Duggan will write Savage Sword of Conan and is currently writing the Dead Rabbit series for Image.

Soule’s runs on Daredevil and Darth Vader will both end at the end of the year, he teased another project with Steve McNiven on twitter and for now he only has Marvel Comics Presents and a secret Star Wars title on the pipeline so I wouldn’t be surprised if him and McNiven are relaunching Wolverine after Return.

Priest is writing Deathstroke and is doing a Spider-Geddon tie in so who knows it’s still possible and could be a nice surprise.

Thinking about it I’m really hyped for the Conan relaunch next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The podcast is set in the past just after the Weapon X experiment and Logan is on the run from Weapon X but we don’t know anything about the backstory of this Logan it could be more similar to the Ultimate Universe than the classic universe for all we know. But yeah as Arsenal said It shouldn’t be canon to our universe, it was also confirmed by the producer that the story takes place in a separate continuity of the comic book universe.

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/wo...ght-interview/

Now they could change things up here and here for the comic’s adaptation to make sure it works continuity wise so it would be set after the events of Wolverine -1 and before Giant Size X-Men #1 but who knows.
    He really does. I agreed about the Cyber/Logan rilvary, besides is kind of fun that Logan onoy had fever dreams 9f it lol, all done because Sam Kieth wanted to draw Wolverine in a wennie lol.

Man reading the Genosha storyarc with Logan saying that he was going to turn the place down and how he was an slave once... and then you get to Origins.

Good for him, i shame that we can only dream, Soule isn't a bad choice, i did enjoy his run on Daredevil, althougt i didn't start to pick up the pacing until the Spider-Man issue. I hope that if he is the one, that at least would have a better start, Priest wouldn't a bad choice, could be cool to see more about Logan's time as an spy.

Yeah the final battle will surely be in space which make the space stone plot or what Logan was reading during the Legacy one shot even more intriguing. So true let's hope the hot claws will save Logan from the vacuum of space.

Well it wouldn't be the first time the classic Wolverine survived decapitation which in retrospect make the Xavier's protocols from the Onslaught's event really obsolete lol.
    Logan survived to decapitaion? Where?!!.

I hope he doesn't return to X-Men then we can get much good solo Wolverine comics without much toxicity and without much retcons but that's my personal opinion . I am really thinking if someone like Ennis (who also like superhumans ) gets to write Wolverine would be very good without much interference of other characters just like the Long Night but idk whether Percy would be able get those standards that i expect for comic adaptations........
    I agree Logan being on his own for a while, away from the X-Men and the Avengers could be good for the character. Ennis is one of my favourite writer and I didn't mind the over the top characterization of Wolverine, Hulk, Daredevil and Spider-Man during his Marvel Knight run it was really funny lol.
    And maybe some people will think I'm crazy but a Wolverine series set in the past, during WW II or the Cold War and with Logan not using his claws (just knives and guns) by Ennis could be interesting especially after reading his Fury My War gone By or even the War Stories series.

A Wolverine series similar in tone to a Vertigo title written by someone like Brian Azzarello, Mike Carey, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder or Warren Ellis could be fun and I know his run on Batman is really hit and miss but Tom King writing a Wolverine series could be nice too.

He really does. I agreed about the Cyber/Logan rilvary, besides is kind of fun that Logan onoy had fever dreams 9f it lol, all done because Sam Kieth wanted to draw Wolverine in a wennie lol.

Man reading the Genosha storyarc with Logan saying that he was going to turn the place down and how he was an slave once... and then you get to Origins.

Good for him, i shame that we can only dream, Soule isn't a bad choice, i did enjoy his run on Daredevil, althougt i didn't start to pick up the pacing until the Spider-Man issue. I hope that if he is the one, that at least would have a better start, Priest wouldn't a bad choice, could be cool to see more about Logan's time as an spy.
    The Genosha quote makes sense especially after reading the prisoner number zero story, but damn you're absolutely right Origins completely ruined it.

I wouldn't mind Soule but I still hope for someone new for Logan's fresh start and Priest would be really great especially if it means more spy stories with Logan as you said.

Logan survived to decapitaion? Where?!!.
    It was during Wolverine vol.3 #32, the Prisoner Number Zero story by Millar. The nazi in charge of the camp said they tried everything to kill Logan including beheading him several times but he always came back to life:

Last edited by Hush; 10-07-2018 at 11:06 AM.

BANNED

I agree Logan being on his own for a while, away from the X-Men and the Avengers could be good for the character. Ennis is one of my favourite writer and I didn't mind the over the top characterization of Wolverine, Hulk, Daredevil and Spider-Man during his Marvel Knight run it was really funny lol.
    And maybe some people will think I'm crazy but a Wolverine series set in the past, during WW II or the Cold War and with Logan not using his claws (just knives and guns) by Ennis could be interesting especially after reading his Fury My War gone By or even the War Stories series.

A Wolverine series similar in tone to a Vertigo title written by someone like Brian Azzarello, Mike Carey, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder or Warren Ellis could be fun and I know his run on Batman is really hit and miss but Tom King writing a Wolverine series could be nice too.

The Genosha quote makes sense especially after reading the prisoner number zero story, but damn you're absolutely right Origins completely ruined it.

I wouldn't mind Soule but I still hope for someone new for Logan's fresh start and Priest would be really great especially if it means more spy stories with Logan as you said.

It was during Wolverine vol.3 #32, the Prisoner Number Zero story by Millar. The nazi in charge of the camp said they tried everything to kill Logan including beheading him several times but he always came back to life:

Oh those painful days of Logan in those concentration days , some fans couldn't even imagine how much pain he is been through(both physically or mentally) that i couldn't even count , I even tried to make a thread in other forums for this topic but i just couldn't finish it up ..........

BTW Don't worry I am also on the same page too regarding Logan setting up with past ......I have read War Stories , Punisher/Fury Max and also Preacher but I couldn't interpret with ur second Fury book . Which comic series are u talking about ?

Speaking of Fury in wars , we actually saw that version of Logan with Fury during Web of Venom which was pretty cool but unfortunately that was only shot and this team up was really badass imo . TBH I couldn't see any other writer who could emulate Garth Ennis or Mark Millar himself to write those incredible stories . I hope Soule could deliver something good out of MCP where Logan is featured in 40s .......

OT : lol Looks like the CBR article's theory is becoming true which said that ROW will end up with Legacy appearance of Logan , i think it's positive sign for me at least because all those trolls for cameo appearances will be shattered if this theory become canon ..... But i will not head my pipes until i become sure about this .......

BANNED

So from the NYCC panel:

P00048.jpg

Oh those painful days of Logan in those concentration days , some fans couldn't even imagine how much pain he is been through(both physically or mentally) that i couldn't even count , I even tried to make a thread in other forums for this topic but i just couldn't finish it up ..........

BTW Don't worry I am also on the same page too regarding Logan setting up with past ......I have read War Stories , Punisher/Fury Max and also Preacher but I couldn't interpret with ur second Fury book . Which comic series are u talking about ?

Speaking of Fury in wars , we actually saw that version of Logan with Fury during Web of Venom which was pretty cool but unfortunately that was only shot and this team up was really badass imo . TBH I couldn't see any other writer who could emulate Garth Ennis or Mark Millar himself to write those incredible stories . I hope Soule could deliver something good out of MCP where Logan is featured in 40s .......

OT : lol Looks like the CBR article's theory is becoming true which said that ROW will end up with Legacy appearance of Logan , i think it's positive sign for me at least because all those trolls for cameo appearances will be shattered if this theory become canon ..... But i will not head my pipes until i become sure about this .......
    Yeah this story was really dark and what Logan went through in this camp was really terrifying.

I was talking about the last Fury Max series Ennis did with Gorlan Parlov, it was entitled My War Gone By for the TPB/HC releases. That series was amazing especially with Fury fighting in several wars, teaming up with Frank Castle and meeting for the first time Barracuda:

Yeah that recent Venom one shot set during the Vietnam War was great but too short, hopefully one day Cates will write a Wolverine ongoing. Speaking of Wolverine/Nick Fury team up, Gerry Duggan said on twitter that’s his favorite team up and he would love to write the two of them doing spec ops missions:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...63007703683072

Not sure if the theory will come true (especially since it was confirmed in Weapon Lost that the Where is Wolverine backup where Logan is visiting Jane Foster was taking place before the beginning of the Hunt) but this final cover is really intriguing. I really want to know what’s really happening with Return of Wolverine, maybe the january solicitations will give us some clues.