Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    First X-Men book I ever read (#192, upon release) didn't even have Wolverine in it, but he ended up my favorite X-Man.
    I've been interested in Wolverine more than ever since Marvel has been steamrolling on a certain few heroes recently, with Soule and Brisson on Wolvie, i'm sure he'll become the last bastion of hope for us lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Looks like most people's prediction of Old Man Logan returning to the wastelands for a new series with or without the Maestro isn't coming true yet. From what I can tell it's still OML how he is now in his series--one eyed and with only one Adamantium claw hand and still in the main Marvel Universe.

While they're promising to kill off Old Man Logan (which I'm not 100% sure they will actually do) will Marvel kill off Mysterio as well, especially with him said to be the villain in the upcoming Spider-Man film?
    I doubt they would kill Mysterio especially since Spencer seems to have a sub-plot going on with him over in Amazing Spider-Man.

About Dead Man Logan, on one hand, I'm happy that the Old Man is getting a proper sendoff but on the other hand I'm disappointed that Marvel is killing him. The guy is popular, the current Old Man Hawkeye serie is popular too that means people are asking for more adventures in this universe so just send him back to his universe and continue his adventures here.

That's basically what the fans are asking, but oh well at least we have a good creative team so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I doubt they would kill Mysterio especially since Spencer seems to have a sub-plot going on with him over in Amazing Spider-Man.
    The thing is we don't know which Mysterio tricked Logan into killing the X-Men, it could be Quentin Beck (the one Spencer is using), Francis Klum (last I remember he was fatally wounded during Peter David run), Daniel Berkhart (he's supposed to be dead) or even someone else so who knows which one Logan is going to fight and try to kill.

By the way I just finished reading the last issue of Claws of a Killer and what a disappointment, it was a useless issue and just a slap in the face to the readers who were waiting for a big payoff (I will start a thread next week with the last issue of Mystery in Madripoor, because honestly there isn't a lot of thing to talk about regarding this issue).
    Basically we learned nothing, there is no big revelation and the ending is just rushed, hell there is no ending since we need to read Dead Ends to get the whole picture.
    As a whole this mini was uneven but frankly I liked the first and the third issue and I thought that Tamaki would end this mini on a good note but nope it was a total failure and frankly as of right now it might be the worst mini of the whole Hunt saga for me.

Speaking of the Hunt, I'm going to wait for Mystery in Madripoor and Dead Ends before judging the whole thing but now that we're done with the third mini I'm not impressed at all.
    Last edited by Hush; 08-16-2018 at 03:00 PM.

I had to agreed with Hush about Claws of a Killer, it started with promise and ended with a whimper, the reveal of Graydon and Lord Darkwind was interesting, but beyond some decent charactherization for Creed and Deathstrike it truly amounts to nothing.

So far the list of minis goes like this for me:

-Weapon Lost: Solif for the most part, but nothing special.
    -Adamantium Agenda: Neither good or bad and with a pretty meh reveal too. The artwork and a couple of funny moments were the best part
    -Claws of a Killer: See above

So far i would reserve judgement until is over, but althougth is not bad, i'm not impressed.

Adding a bit more, i thik that MIM is the best written mini so far and that's mostly for how they have been using Logan conections to the X-Women in order to tell the story, i hope that the last issue is solid.

And i finally ended Cullen Bunn's run in Wolverine, it was... meh, his Logan isn't bad or anything i just think that the story felt a lot like a filler for the next relaunch, the biggest thing that he did was taking some of Wolverine's memories away in the Rot arc, wich i guest was an attemp to give Logan some of his mysterious aura back and it did lead to some interesting ideas (like that fight when Logan has problems because he lost some of his figthing knowledge), but never really lasted enougth to matter. This also mean that i read all Wolverine 317 issues, it was a nice ride

On 'Dead Man Logan':
    I am sick of killing off Logan stories. In the short time I am reading comics (~ 3 years) and during my catching up with Logan's stories I had to stomach OG Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine(Logan) and movie Wolvie (while not a comic it contributes to the fatique for sure) dying. This would be the fourth Logan in a row! So I'll skip this.
    I'll focus on Return of Wolverine. I hope this will be good.
    They are introducing Old man Punisher in the OML annual, so maybe they are proceeding with this character. But I am not interested in this character, and if OMLogan is not around I am loosing interest in the wasteland stories. I hoped for more stories with OML in the wastelands, so this is a bummer.

Claws of a killer was meh. There is nothing to talk about what was not already shown in the previous issues.

I agree on Bunn's run. It was just a filler.

Preview for OML #46:
    https://www.cbr.com/old-man-logan-46/

I like what I am seeing, so I am sticking around for this arc.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-17-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Adding a bit more, i thik that MIM is the best written mini so far and that's mostly for how they have been using Logan conections to the X-Women in order to tell the story, i hope that the last issue is solid.
    I like MIM and WL, while the first is using the close connections of the x-Woman to Logan(I agree this is well done to drive the story), WL is using the distance of the characters, for most of them it is just a case. (and additional in their assessment Logan is mostly a potential threat) DD was even at the receiving end of Wolverine's violence during Enemy of the state. So this plays into his final conclusions of the informations he got. I think this was well done.
    Adamatium agenda also played with the connections of the characters but using this as a vehicle for the Laura Kinney reveal was just unnecessary IMO. Also Taylor hyped the reveals and did not deliver! And I am just not a fan of Taylor's writing.

And as you wrote:
    I had to agreed with Hush about Claws of a Killer, it started with promise and ended with a whimper, the reveal of Graydon and Lord Darkwind was interesting, but beyond some decent charactherization for Creed and Deathstrike it truly amounts to nothing.

I really hope MIM#4 and Dead End will be solid!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-17-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    On 'Dead Man Logan':
    I am sick of killing off Logan stories. In the short time I am reading comics (~ 3 years) and during my catching up with Logan's stories I had to stomach OG Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine(Logan) and movie Wolvie (while not a comic it contributes to the fatique for sure) dying. This would be the fourth Logan in a row! So I'll skip this.
    They are introducing Old man Punisher in the OML annual, so maybe they are proceeding with this character. But I am not interested in this character, and if OMLogan is not around I am loosing interest in the wasteland stories. I hoped for more stories with OML in the wastelands, so this is a bummer.

Claws of a killer was meh. There is nothing to talk about what was not already shown in the previous issues.

Preview for OML #46:

To be fair Ultimate Wolverine died back in 2009 during Ultimatum. He was by far my favorite version of Wolverine and I am sad to this day that he is gone but that was almost a decade ago now. On the plus side we saw the Ultimate Universe was restored in Bendis's Spider-men II and they showed some characters that were previously dead there so in my head canon Ultimate Wolverine is back kicking ass and taking names
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    To be fair Ultimate Wolverine died back in 2009 during Ultimatum. He was by far my favorite version of Wolverine and I am sad to this day that he is gone but that was almost a decade ago now. On the plus side we saw the Ultimate Universe was restored in Bendis's Spider-men II and they showed some characters that were previously dead there so in my head canon Ultimate Wolverine is back kicking ass and taking names
    Of course you a re right!
    But that's just crazy me reading all this stuff since 2016! Haven't picked up a comic before Lemire's OML!. So I am not going to pick up a 'kill Logan' story in a loooong time and OML introduced me into the MU, so I am just not in the mood right now! But Brisson is a good writer, so maybe I am getting it via Amazon/comixology in a few years.

Ultimate Logan might not be my favourite version but I really enjoyed reading him!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Preview to OML #46 looks good. shame its with OML. i always liked Alpha Flight Apperences in a wolverine comic
    X-Men Forever

On 'Dead Man Logan':

Preview for OML #46:

I see a "Death on the Infinite Wolverines" coming next summer, the whole premise is too tempting for then to resist . Althougth honestly, if there is a version of Logan that deserve a rest is him.

Thanks for the preview, Logan's friendship with Alpha Fligt has been a favorite of mine for quite some time, Heather and James apperances Post-Fatal Attractions were among my favorites.

I like MIM and WL, while the first is using the close connections of the x-Woman to Logan(I agree this is well done to drive the story), WL is using the distance of the characters, for most of them it is just a case. (and additional in their assessment Logan is mostly a potential threat) DD was even at the receiving end of Wolverine's violence during Enemy of the state. So this plays into his final conclusions of the informations he got. I think this was well done.
    Adamatium agenda also played with the connections of the characters but using this as a vehicle for the Laura Kinney reveal was just unnecessary IMO. Also Taylor hyped the reveals and did not deliver! And I am just not a fan of Taylor's writing.

And as you wrote:

I really hope MIM#4 and Dead End will be solid!
    Completly agreed with you, althougth i still find weird that they contacted Daredevil of all people, unless that he has a reputation as a detective that i'm not aware but i admit the more impersonal conection with Logan served well to the story.

Ditto about Adamantiun Agenda, like you Taylor's writting doesn't do a lot for me, i'm not crazy about his Wolverine either.

And yes hopefully Dead Ends and MIM deliver, by the way i heard that Logan and Tyger Tyger has a falling out at some point for something that she did, can someone tell in what story that happens, becuase it definetly wasn't in his main series.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-18-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Reading again Claws of a Killer, i think that the most likely is that just like Lord Darkwind and Graydon, Daken is going to be use as ressurrected weapon against Logan during the Return of Wolverine mini. I wonder if they would end him for good there or Logan is going to actually save him (it said go for the first one considering what happened in Final Execution but maybe that's just my bias).

Also i read Cornell run on Wolverine, i had to said that it really sucks, like it feel like Paul took everything that peopled loved about the character and make fun of it, no even showing respect for previous continuity as the whole plays like Logan never lost his healing factor before or that he never gave any consideration to the idea of dying (you know in spite of all the times than that happened), having him lectured by Creed at all people was the nail of the coffin for me, what it came later wasn't much better thought. Anyway, the best thing of that run is Alan Davis artwork in vol 5, not his best work buy easy on the eyes at least and i always has a soft spot for it since his Bloodstorm annual (that story was great by the way, more people should talk about it).

I wonder what Logan's relationship with Gabby will be. Like will be look at her as a daughter or just Laura's sister

Completly agreed with you, althougth i still find weird that they contacted Daredevil of all people, unless that he has a reputation as a detective that i'm not aware but i admit the more impersonal conection with Logan served well to the story.

Ditto about Adamantiun Agenda, like you Taylor's writting doesn't do a lot for me, i'm not crazy about his Wolverine either.

And yes hopefully Dead Ends and MIM deliver, by the way i heard that Logan and Tyger Tyger has a falling out at some point for something that she did, can someone tell in what story that happens, becuase it definetly wasn't in his main series.

It was during the Savage Wolverine serie and more precisely during issues 12-13.

Basically when Logan was in Madripoor as Patch in the past he made a point to stop a lot of criminal activites he despised more than anything such as child prostitution, gun running, slavery, drugs and made sure that no one would try anything like that or he would kill them. Unfortunately when Viper and then Daken seized control of Madripoor they made sure that those activites ran rampant again on an unbelievable scale.

Add this to the list of thing Daken did and why his characterization in All New Wolverine and Laura's interactions with him (especially after what happened to her in NYX) never made any sense.

Anyways in order to put an end to those crimes and especially child prostitution and to make up for the loss of money generated by those activites, Tyger Tyger decided to allow ivory trade which was in high demand:

It was something always allowed in Madripoor in the past until Logan as "Patch" put an end to it and made sure to hunt and kill whoever tried to do that kind of business in Madripoor (in the Punisher war journal serie for example). Tyger didn't know the scale of this thing, but for her the end justified the means. Let's just say that Logan was really pissed at her for that and showed her what happened to the animals that were killed in a really gruesome way, he then destroyed everything and put an end to this trade.

It was a really sad story but I thought Jimenez did a really good job with Logan's characterization (even if some of his actions were really extreme) and the ending was really gut wrenching.

Also there is a nice flashback when you see Logan "fighting" Kraven for the first time: