Page 71 of 138 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2066

This was meant to be out this week.

MARVEL COMICS DIGEST #9 X-MEN & WOLVERINE
    (W) Various (A) Various (CA) Marvel
    Marvel Comics’ best-selling heroes are back in the ever-popular digest format! This ninth issue spotlights X-MEN and WOLVERINE! This is a can’t-miss collector’s item that will only be printed once! In Shops: Oct 17, 2018 SRP: $6.99

It no showed, and the series is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well IIRC Soule said it for himself on a CBR interview that he didn't know that he is gonna return when he was writing DOW and even if Brisson known that for a while he is gonna return back during January , i don't think that really matters c'ause Marvel is been over-exposing Logan's return since last year and the other writers are taking pleasure of Marvel's rights over Wolverine by teasing him which ever marvel issue they want for sales .

I can't really blame anything Mcniven's delay drawing ROW, even it's a new concept c'ause i have already reasoned u before that Marvel is recklessly using him as punch bag after All New All Different therefore the editorial may even made Mcniven to work on the script quite lately.

Even now and then i dread that Marvel didn't even knw what they are actually gonna do with Logan's return after ROW since his own solo books has been lazy handedly written back from Marvel Now comics and even before that .
    Well Death of Wolverine was released in 2014 so yeah I’m sure at the time Soule didn’t know he would write Return of Wolverine. He confirmed on his blog that he began writing ROW in January, that means he already did work on Hunt beforehand.
    Well even Brisson knew that Logan would be back before he began working on Old Man Logan so before June 2017 and Logan only came back in September 2017 so yeah every writers at Marvel knew for a while.

Well of course it’s disappointing how Marvel treated Wolverine this year especially with the “after credits scene”, all the useless Hunt minis which were promising at first but turned out to be more important for the characters involved than for Logan itself and with the reveal that McNiven wouldn’t draw the whole mini, you can find my post in this thread where I said that it was poor planning decision from Marvel but what’s done is done. And honestly if everything is finished in January this delay won’t be a problem for me.

I think it's a little premature to say that Marvel don't know what they're going to do with Logan, the creative team must have already been chosen that's how it works, you don't bring a writer at the last minute for a big relaunch like Wolverine. Spencer for example knew for a while that he would take over Amazing Spider-Man, same for Ewing on Immortal Hulk, same for Aaron on Avengers and Conan or Coates on Captain America.
    Most of the time writers are chosen months in advance, and their scripts are sent to editors a long time before you see the issue released. Now the big secret around the new creative team is just that Marvel is waiting to reveal it when they think the time is right, be it for marketing purpose or because they don’t want to spoil something about ROW that's all.

Regarding the quality of Wolverine comics in recent years, one thing to note it was done under a completely different editorial regime and between Logan's death in 2014 and his return in 2017 a lot happened like Alonso stepping down as EIC, a change of X-Men editors, different writers, a change of direction so we can't say that they will mess up Logan's relaunch especially after seeing how Marvel handled the Fresh Start relaunch of several of their titles.
    I mean just look at Hulk, the franchise has been a mess since 2011, yet the new book by El Ewing is just amazing. Look at Venom, apart from the Remender's run the whole franchise was terrible since 2003 until the fresh start and Cates. Of course not everything is perfect such as what happened with Deadpool but as a whole the fresh start relaunch has been good for many titles.

So yeah I think it's best to wait until Marvel announce the creative team and in which direction they will take the character before drawing conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Same, i was so surprised when i found about that, to be honest i think that Peter's parents being secret agents is....dumb and doesn't fit the characther conceptually speaking, but it's easily ignorable as long as they don't bring it up. Still i like to think that Logan felt somw sort of responsability toward him as a thanks to his parents lol.

I agreed, that was actually an smart move from Bendis, but having Logan recovering his lost memories after an event instead of his own personal arc was just... lame and of course it let us to Origins lol.
    Yeah it was really strange plot, I've always thought they were scientists so when I learned they were both secret agents and they met Logan during a secret operation I was like: “Whaaaaaaattttttttttt????!!!!”
    What’s more funny is even Peter’s sister was a member of the CIA and SHIELD and she was an important character during Spectacular Spider-Man so Marvel really wants to keep Richard and Mary backstory as secret agents.

But you’re right it could be fun to see Logan having responsibilities towards Peter but with all the retcons Way did in Origins I’m not even sure if this story is still canon. Marvel really needs to do a big cleanup regarding Logan’s background, right now it’s so messy you don’t even know what happened and what didn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This was meant to be out this week.

MARVEL COMICS DIGEST #9 X-MEN & WOLVERINE
    (W) Various (A) Various (CA) Marvel
    Marvel Comics’ best-selling heroes are back in the ever-popular digest format! This ninth issue spotlights X-MEN and WOLVERINE! This is a can’t-miss collector’s item that will only be printed once! In Shops: Oct 17, 2018 SRP: $6.99

It no showed, and the series is cancelled.
    So both the X-Men/Wolverine volume and the Spider-Man volume are cancelled, strange move but maybe it has something to do with what DC did recently with the Giant-Sized Anthology Comics.

BIG SPOILERS about Daredevil Season 3, so do not read the spoiler if you haven't watched the third season yet.

Last Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoilers:
    Kenji Oyama a.k.a Lord Dark Wind, the father of Lady Deathstrike and Lord Deathstrike appears in this season. I won't spoil the scene but if you know his history and especially his connection to a certain character from the Daredevil universe, you can guess why he's here. One thing to note though he's only called Dr. Oyama for now, but it's obviously him.
    end of spoilers

So yeah it was a nice surprise and it makes sense but I didn't think they would adapt this storyline so soon.
    Last edited by Hush; 10-20-2018 at 06:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    BIG SPOILERS about Daredevil Season 3, so do not read the spoiler if you haven't watched the third season yet.

Last Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoilers:
    Kenji Oyama a.k.a Lord Dark Wind, the father of Lady Deathstrike and Lord Deathstrike appears in this season. I won't spoil the scene but if you know his history and especially his connection to a certain character from the Daredevil universe, you can guess why he's here. One thing to note though he's only called Dr. Oyama for now, but it's obviously him.
    end of spoilers

So yeah it was a nice surprise and it makes sense but I didn't think they would adapt this storyline so soon.
    Yeah i have watched the whole season , therefore i will give a hint for that LOL

Someone broke someone's back or spinal and to save that victim(although he wasn't much of a victim LOL) from nightmare ,spoilers:
    Kenji Oyama
    end of spoilers saved his life ....

Although seriously speaking ,i don't think they are gonna bring the x-men around so soon and maybe they will terminate Netflix DD show before that , since i heard that they already terminated Iron Fist and Luke Cage but i saw on Newsarama that they are also planning for more DD seasons and honestly DD>>>>>MCU/CW show therefore any thing could happen after the deal will finalised by Disney/Fox merger after May/April(i can't remember the exact the month) 2019

Well Death of Wolverine was released in 2014 so yeah I’m sure at the time Soule didn’t know he would write Return of Wolverine. He confirmed on his blog that he began writing ROW in January, that means he already did work on Hunt beforehand.
    Well even Brisson knew that Logan would be back before he began working on Old Man Logan so before June 2017 and Logan only came back in September 2017 so yeah every writers at Marvel knew for a while.

Well of course it’s disappointing how Marvel treated Wolverine this year especially with the “after credits scene”, all the useless Hunt minis which were promising at first but turned out to be more important for the characters involved than for Logan itself and with the reveal that McNiven wouldn’t draw the whole mini, you can find my post in this thread where I said that it was poor planning decision from Marvel but what’s done is done. And honestly if everything is finished in January this delay won’t be a problem for me.

I think it's a little premature to say that Marvel don't know what they're going to do with Logan, the creative team must have already been chosen that's how it works, you don't bring a writer at the last minute for a big relaunch like Wolverine. Spencer for example knew for a while that he would take over Amazing Spider-Man, same for Ewing on Immortal Hulk, same for Aaron on Avengers and Conan or Coates on Captain America.
    Most of the time writers are chosen months in advance, and their scripts are sent to editors a long time before you see the issue released. Now the big secret around the new creative team is just that Marvel is waiting to reveal it when they think the time is right, be it for marketing purpose or because they don’t want to spoil something about ROW that's all.

Regarding the quality of Wolverine comics in recent years, one thing to note it was done under a completely different editorial regime and between Logan's death in 2014 and his return in 2017 a lot happened like Alonso stepping down as EIC, a change of X-Men editors, different writers, a change of direction so we can't say that they will mess up Logan's relaunch especially after seeing how Marvel handled the Fresh Start relaunch of several of their titles.
    I mean just look at Hulk, the franchise has been a mess since 2011, yet the new book by El Ewing is just amazing. Look at Venom, apart from the Remender's run the whole franchise was terrible since 2003 until the fresh start and Cates. Of course not everything is perfect such as what happened with Deadpool but as a whole the fresh start relaunch has been good for many titles.

So yeah I think it's best to wait until Marvel announce the creative team and in which direction they will take the character before drawing conclusions.

Yeah it was really strange plot, I've always thought they were scientists so when I learned they were both secret agents and they met Logan during a secret operation I was like: “Whaaaaaaattttttttttt????!!!!”
    What’s more funny is even Peter’s sister was a member of the CIA and SHIELD and she was an important character during Spectacular Spider-Man so Marvel really wants to keep Richard and Mary backstory as secret agents.

But you’re right it could be fun to see Logan having responsibilities towards Peter but with all the retcons Way did in Origins I’m not even sure if this story is still canon. Marvel really needs to do a big cleanup regarding Logan’s background, right now it’s so messy you don’t even know what happened and what didn’t happen.

So both the X-Men/Wolverine volume and the Spider-Man volume are cancelled, strange move but maybe it has something to do with what DC did recently with the Giant-Sized Anthology Comics.
    Yeah, i think that this delay is mostly the fault of McNiven new style frankly, people forget but this things are done way wayyyy before than when they are published.

Oh lord i remember when Waid introduced that idea and i dislike that Zdarsky brougth it again.

New rule by Marvel, if you don't like this story involving the ol'canucklead past, you can pretend that is a fake memory

Somethibg that suddenly came to mind, did Logan ever talked to any of the X-Men or close friends about what happened in Way's run?, because besides Spider-Man (and he was pretty vague) and maybe a couple of things that he said to Kurt, i don't remember if he did.

Somethibg that suddenly came to mind, did Logan ever talked to any of the X-Men or close friends about what happened in Way's run?, because besides Spider-Man (and he was pretty vague) and maybe a couple of things that he said to Kurt, i don't remember if he did.
    I think he spoke at length about it with Professor X and possibly Cyclops.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think he spoke at length about it with Professor X and possibly Cyclops.
    Xavier definetly knew, he was the one that erased his memory as it was revealed in the "Original Sin" croosover. Cyclops? don't think so, at least not beyond the whole "my sociopath of a son is out there using my name as part of Osborn's Avengers" wicth probably every X-Men knows. Still doesn't that he discussed his personal expiriences with close friends, like Storm or Nightcrawler.

Yeah, i think that this delay is mostly the fault of McNiven new style frankly, people forget but this things are done way wayyyy before than when they are published.

Oh lord i remember when Waid introduced that idea and i dislike that Zdarsky brougth it again.

New rule by Marvel, if you don't like this story involving the ol'canucklead past, you can pretend that is a fake memory
    Ah I would be okay with that rule to be honest lol.

As Wolverine12 said Xavier knows about Romulus as revealed during Original Sin.

Mostly the Romulus plotline was used during the Origins series, Origins and Endings and the two stories by Loeb so many characters who appeared during all of those knows some details but it’s hard to know if Logan told them or if they just learned it on their own.

During Origins and Loeb runs:

- Scott knows some of the details about what happened especially after the first arc of the Wolverine Origins series where Logan gave him the Muramasa blade. Later after him and the X-Men were almost killed by Daken, Scott told Logan to deal with his son because he was too far gone. Also Emma must have told him some of the things she learned after she went inside Logan’s mind during the first arc and later during the Loeb run but I don't think Logan ever told him most of what happened face to face.
    - As said previously, Emma knows a lot of things about Logan’s past and Romulus and she helped him since he regained his memories and began his quest for revenge during Origins and Endings, she was also the one to discover that Wolverine's son was alive and that he hated him.
    - Nightcrawler, Armor, Colossus, Cannonball might know some of the details since they were the ones that went with Scott against Daken and were almost killed as a result.
    - Cloak and Dagger also know some of the details since they helped Logan against Romulus and Sabretooth both during the Origins series and during Sabretooth Reborn.
    - Nick Fury obviously knows the details and talked about it with Logan, same for Bucky who was responsible for Itsu death but who helped Logan later.
    - Deadpool knows some details since he was used by Logan during the Origins series to catch Daken but later was also the one who came up with a plan to outsmart and take down Romulus.
    - Banner and Skaar knows some of the details too
    - Silver Samurai knows about Muramasa and Romulus since he helped Logan during the Prison Break arc

Now I’m not sure about them but I wouldn’t be surprised if Captain America, Dum Dum Duggan and Maverick knows some of the details too. Hellion was here during the first arc but he was clueless about everything so who knows

Outside of Way and Loeb stories, this whole era wasn’t referenced a lot:

- Logan told Laura some of the details about Romulus and Daken as revealed during the X-23/Dark Wolverine Collision crossover. Logan also told her about Muramasa and about the location of the pieces of the Muramasa blade he hid at the end of the Origins series as revealed during the Orphans of X story
    - Spider-Man vaguely knows that Logan was in a bad place and was going through a severe nervous breakdown after he recovered his memories as shown during A Miles in my moccasins
    - Logan revealed to the New Avengers, that Daken was his son during the Bendis’s run and then most of the superheroes world knew about it as seen during the Dark Wolverine series and especially in the last arc.

So yeah outside of Way and Loeb runs Logan explicitly told to Laura what happened to him during the Origins series and he told to Spidey how much those events and discoveries broke him emotionally. I think that's it but I'm sure I must have forgotten someone
    Last edited by Hush; 10-21-2018 at 01:20 PM.

BANNED

Mostly the Romulus plotline was used during the Origins series, Origins and Endings and the two stories by Loeb so many characters who appeared during all of those knows some details but it’s hard to know if Logan told them or if they just learned it on their own.

- Scott knows some of the details about what happened especially after the first arc of the Wolverine Origins series where Logan gave him the Muramasa blade. Later after him and the X-Men were almost killed by Daken, Scott told Logan to deal with his son because he was too far gone. Also Emma must have told him some of the things she learned after she went inside Logan’s mind during the first arc and later during the Loeb run but I don't think Logan ever told him most of what happened face to face.
    - As said previously, Emma knows a lot of things about Logan’s past and Romulus and she helped him since he regained his memories and began his quest for revenge during Origins and Endings, she was also the one to discover that Wolverine's son was alive and that he hated him.
    - Nightcrawler, Armor, Colossus, Cannonball might know some of the details since they were the ones that went with Scott against Daken and were almost killed as a result.
    - Cloak and Dagger also know some of the details since they helped Logan against Romulus and Sabretooth both during the Origins series and during Sabretooth Reborn.
    - Nick Fury obviously knows the details and talked about it with Logan, same for Bucky who was responsible for Itsu death but who helped Logan later.
    - Deadpool knows some details since he was used by Logan during the Origins series to catch Daken but later was also the one who came up with a plan to outsmart and take down Romulus.
    - Silver Samurai knows about Muramasa and Romulus since he helped Logan during the Prison Break arc

Now I’m not sure about them but I wouldn’t be surprised if Captain America, Dum Dum Duggan and Maverick knows some of the details too. Hellion was here during the first arc but he was clueless about everything so who knows

- Logan told Laura some of the details about Romulus and Daken as revealed during the X-23/Dark Wolverine Collision crossover. Logan also told her about Muramasa and about the location of the pieces of the Muramasa blade he hid at the end of the Origins series as revealed during the Orphans of X story
    - Spider-Man vaguely knows that Logan was in a bad place and was going through a severe nervous breakdown after he recovered his memories as shown during A Miles in my moccasins
    - Logan revealed to the New Avengers, that Daken was his son during the Bendis’s run and then most of the superheroes world knew about it as seen during the Dark Wolverine series and especially in the last arc.

So yeah outside of Way and Loeb runs Logan explicitly told to Laura what happened to him during the Origins series and he told to Spidey how much those events and discoveries broke him emotionally. I think that's it but I'm sure I must have forgotten someone
    LOL U forget to mention Natasha's involvement during Wolverine Origins(Omega Red involvement) , where their father/daughter relationship was orchestrated and i think it was better than most his relationships as father/daughter . I vaguely remembered another appearance from Origins which involved her ,don't even remember which issue was that . Btw this relationship was still intact that was proved during Infinity Countdown

Thanks!!!!.

Yeah, it seems that he never talked with anybody in deep about this, not even to Kurt and Ororo, considering what hapened there plus Kurt's death.... yeah is not surprised that he was a mess of man before dying.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    LOL U forget to mention Natasha's involvement during Wolverine Origins(Omega Red involvement) , where their father/daughter relationship was orchestrated and i think it was better than most his relationships as father/daughter . I vaguely remembered another appearance from Origins which involved her ,don't even remember which issue was that . Btw this relationship was still intact that was proved during Infinity Countdown
    Thanks biswaboxz, I knew I forgot someone lol. Yeah Natasha must knows about Romulus, regarding the relationship between them it was established during Uncanny #X-Men 268 and Logan even showed how much he cared during the Winter Soldier series by Brubaker but yeah fortunately Duggan also mentioned it during Infinity Countdown.

If I'm not mistaken she sent a package containing the broken Muramasa blade to Logan in Wolverine Origins #39

Thanks!!!!.

Yeah, it seems that he never talked with anybody in deep about this, not even to Kurt and Ororo, considering what hapened there plus Kurt's death.... yeah is not surprised that he was a mess of man before dying.
    You're welcome! Yeah, it also shows how much other writers didn't want to bother with what Way and Loeb did lol.

Hey guys, I have been out of comics for about the last year or so. As a result, I wanted to catch up on Wolverine's resurrection. Which comics covers his return and feature him? Thanks to anyone who could lend a hand

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hey guys, I have been out of comics for about the last year or so. As a result, I wanted to catch up on Wolverine's resurrection. Which comics covers his return and feature him? Thanks to anyone who could lend a hand
    Hunt For Wolverine
    Hunt For Wolverine: Dead Ends
    Return of Wolverine

(there are 4 minis and many cameos that came around Hunt era, but most of then are irrelevant sp skip then over, you aren't losing much, i did like 2 of then thougth)

Hunt For Wolverine
    Hunt For Wolverine: Dead Ends
    Return of Wolverine

(there are 4 minis and many cameos that came around Hunt era, but most of then are irrelevant sp skip then over, you aren't losing much, i did like 2 of then thougth)
    Cool thanks a lot. I might check out some cameos later but I'll start with these, thanks! Do I also need to read Legacy or any major crossovers to have some background or can I just jump right into these stories?