Page 77 of 138 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Wolverine riding a bike by Yu, just wanted to upload this pic since there was a similar variant cover for ROW #2

[img]https://image.ibb.co/hntxAq/Unused-WOLVERINE-cover.jpg[img]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    This look like an homage to "Not Dead Yet" by Ellis/Yu. Looks good.

Always loved this story especially the art by Yu:

It was so strange to see Logan talking about power and responsability, but honestly he has a point in that debate.
    Yeah, fortunately Franklin was here to calm everyone lol.

Hopefully Logan isn't a downrigth mass murderes when all this is over... but you know Marvel, unless that Logan looked for the Reality Stone and at some point undoes the damage that he caused in WL and COAK, and there is still the clone/dopelanger theory. I sometimes don't get their logic frankly.

Roadtrip in SPACEEEE!!!!!!!
    Honestly it's like what was the point in bringing back Captain America and revealed he was working with Hydra all along (fortunately changed later)? Or Iron Man betraying the Avengers under Kang's orders? Or even making Peter looks like a fool to prop up Otto during Superior? Having Reed and Tony create a crazy clone of Thor? Or the whole Hitler Cyclops nonsense?

I know Brevoort said that controversy sells but come on, they should know when they're going too far.

Yeah the clone theory could still work especially after what we learned in the first issue of ROW, to be honest i'm still giving Soule the benefit of the doubt regarding this trilogy but I'm really starting to lose my patience regarding this whole mystery.

With their luck they will get ambushed by the Brood

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Always loved this story especially the art by Yu:

Yeah, fortunately Franklin was here to calm everyone lol.

Honestly it's like what was the point in bringing back Captain America and revealed he was working with Hydra all along (fortunately changed later)? Or Iron Man betraying the Avengers under Kang's orders? Or even making Peter looks like a fool to prop up Otto during Superior? Having Reed and Tony create a crazy clone of Thor? Or the whole Hitler Cyclops nonsense?

I know Brevoort said that controversy sells but come on, they should know when they're going too far.

Yeah the clone theory could still work especially after what we learned in the first issue of ROW, to be honest i'm still giving Soule the benefit of the doubt regarding this trilogy but I'm really starting to lose my patience regarding this whole mystery.

With their luck they will get ambushed by the Brood
    Also, Logan vreak a guys back by throwing a motorcycle to him, #Iconic

I think that they want ro make their characthers more flawed, but they don't seem to understand that there is a difference between flawed and downrigth sociopathic. Pre-Origins, Wolverine was a morally flawed and sort of dysfunctional man, but you knew that he has lines that he wouldn't cross, even if hos moral code sometimes clashed with other heroes, post-House Of M, he is a barely reformed serial killer and war criminal the fact that wasn't even implications of mind control in the Japanese prisioners issue is something that still astound me (not that i like the idea, but at least would have been less bad to stomach). or they are just desperate for new ideas and go for the lowest common denominator (shock and violence) while missing their essences.

Better then thay Galactus lol.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-25-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Logan + motorcycles = awesome

This is a variant for #3 of Return. spoilers:
    Looks like he will come face to face with the X-Men sooner than I thought.
    end of spoilers

variantrow3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

end of spoilers

variantrow3.jpg
    They better be ready for the Hot Claws!!!!!!

Glad to know that agreed with my equation lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also, Logan vreak a guys back by throwing a motorcycle to him, #Iconic

I think that they want ro make their characthers more flawed, but they don't seem to understand that there is a difference between flawed and downrigth sociopathic. Pre-Origins, Wolverine was a morally flawed and sort of dysfunctional man, but you knew that he has lines that he wouldn't cross, even if hos moral code sometimes clashed with other heroes, post-House Of M, he is a barely reformed serial killer and war criminal the fact that wasn't even implications of mind control in the Japanese prisioners issue is something that still astound me (not that i like the idea, but at least would have been less bad to stomach). or they are just desperate for new ideas and go for the lowest common denominator (shock and violence) while missing their essences.

Better then thay Galactus lol.
    So true!

Completely agree, they need to have some limits, I like a flawed character like Logan used to be or like Daredevil but if for Marvel "flawed" means turning an anti hero who alway did what he believes was the right thing into a psychopath, a war criminal and even worse in order to add some "nuance" to the character I think they're missing the point.

But who knows, it seems they've listened to some of the complaints and they've fixed some of their characters for the fresh start, so maybe they've learned from their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

end of spoilers

variantrow3.jpg
    Thanks Rover! Nice Variant, yeah it seems there will be a big showdown in the next issue and with any luck that horrible cooking chef costume will be destroyed lol.

Glad to know that agreed with my equation lol.
    That's the Universal Truth!

Extraordinary Member

I really enjoyed this issue, even if not a ton happened. That woman is wearing a lab coat and clearly is more than just a lunch lady. While the kiss at the end feels really silly and cliche, we know how this is going to go. We know that this ain't going to end well for Logan.

I actually found his fight with Daken pretty fun. Yes, it was pretty funny to see Daken die again, but it also makes me wonder just what these people are doing. Daken was clearly dead, which makes me wonder if they weren't trying to perfect their resurrection process on him so that they could use it on Logan. Daken doesn't look like a clone. Or maybe they're just throwing a bunch of resurrection technologies at the Wall to see what sticks?

Even if Logan has had to kill Daken before, this is very different to that last one and I hope they explore how this might be traumatizing to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue, even if not a ton happened. That woman is wearing a lab coat and clearly is more than just a lunch lady. While the kiss at the end feels really silly and cliche, we know how this is going to go. We know that this ain't going to end well for Logan.

I actually found his fight with Daken pretty fun. Yes, it was pretty funny to see Daken die again, but it also makes me wonder just what these people are doing. Daken was clearly dead, which makes me wonder if they weren't trying to perfect their resurrection process on him so that they could use it on Logan. Daken doesn't look like a clone. Or maybe they're just throwing a bunch of resurrection technologies at the Wall to see what sticks?

Even if Logan has had to kill Daken before, this is very different to that last one and I hope they explore how this might be traumatizing to Logan.
    Shaley's artwork and Laura's color is definetly the best part of this issue and what keep him for just being average.

I wonder the same about Daken and i do think that Soule is going to make reference to what happened in "Final Execution" considering that Omega Red is part of that story too. So are they reanimated corpses or clones? i think than that is the big question, but as we have say, at this point we can just guest.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Shaley's artwork and Laura's color is definetly the best part of this issue and what keep him for just being average.

I wonder the same about Daken and i do think that Soule is going to make reference to what happened in "Final Execution" considering that Omega Red is part of that story too. So are they reanimated corpses or clones? i think than that is the big question, but as we have say, at this point we can just guest.
    I really loved the art! I know it's a lot cleaner and "smaller" than we typically see for a Wolverine comic, but I liked that. It made everyone feel...I don't know, smaller? Less spectacular? Daken and Omega Red aren't the bad guys here, they're as much victims as Logan. It's pure luck that they get stuck as zombies while Logan isn't.

I bet Logan is going to almost drown someone in a puddle and then "wake up" right before he finishes them.

I know we make fun of the puddle scene a lot, but I always thought it was an especially brutal and violent way to kill Daken, even if he actually deserved it.

BANNED

I remember when Soule said this, he was talking about how Return of Wolverine is supposed to be a really dark story so if I have to guess issues 3 and 4 are going to show whatÂ’s the deal behind LoganÂ’s resurrection and if that was really him during Hunt For Wolverine what he did exactly under PersephoneÂ’s orders.

Shalvey said that each issue of ROW says something about Wolverine, about the character so if the first issue was about showing the memory problem of Logan and the fact heÂ’s a hero at heart, the second issue showed us that heÂ’s a warrior with a dangerous darkness inside of him (the Berserker), the third and fourth issue are basically going to show thatÂ’s he also a killing machine and an animal.
    And the last one, will show that he has an indomitable will and no matter what happened to him, not matter what Soteira and Persephone did to him he will always get up and fight or as Soule said during his podcast interview just after ROW was announced:

“Despite all the tragedies in his life, Logan isn't going to be weight down by all of this.”

ItÂ’s basically deconstruction, Soule said he wanted ROW to show what he thinks of Wolverine as a character so heÂ’s going to show every aspects of WolverineÂ’s personality each issue until the very end where a new Wolverine with a new outlook on the world and a new status quo will emerge.

Honestly, after reading the solicits of the fourth issue I just think that by the end of the third issue the Soteira wall inside LoganÂ’s mind is going to be destroyed and Logan will remember whatÂ’s he done under Persephone control (if that was him during the Hunt). If Soule goes this way that could means Logan murdered, tortured, beat up a lot of civilians and innocent people and committed terrorist acts as seen during Weapon Lost and Dead Ends and helped to conduct experiments that killed whole families in horrendous suffering as seen during Claws of a Killer. Maybe he was also the one who kidnap all those kids that Persephone killed during Dead Ends.
    Also after seeing that panel in Weapon Lost where he was holding a bottle of alcohol and he was brutalizing a defenseless woman I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if Soule revealed he did even worse things.

If thatÂ’s the case, that would make people really angry, the same way the Origins series by Way and the Loeb runs angered a lot of people. No matter how Soule want to twist it, no matter the explanation, you canÂ’t expect Wolverine fans to be happy if you revealed that Logan did that kind of things, he would basically be unredeemable at this point, I mean even Sabretooth would be an angel compared to Logan after all of that lol.

I mean Logan killing men, women and kids under mindcontrol isn't really something new it was done a long time ago during the Weapon X series by Tieri with the Roanoke experiment and a lot of readers hated it and this event was never referenced again even after House of M to the point IÂ’m not even sure if it really happened or if it was a memory implant.

Of course they could also reveal that we saw in the first two issues was a mix of things happening in the real world and inside Logan's mind and that the Soteira Killteam leader is the real Wolverine and that's what the X-Men and Jean will find out in the next issue, that would be messed up lol.

I guess weÂ’ll see next month.

Poor Logan, now we know why he went after the space stone lol.

That's the real reason Logan stabbed Rachel, Claremont knew all along
    I think there is a difference between comparing "deconstructing Wolverine's character" on Origins/Weapon X and a main event like Return of Wolverine , I have discussed with other people from other forums last night, about how much Marvel has changed from 21st to 20th , when Quesada took over Marvel . Surely Quesada has done a lot good things from Mks to Brubaker to Millar .
    But Marvel's plethora of deconstructing characters on main events after Civil War (which was a good and decent comic ) has created lot of toxicity and hate from fans POV .

I think there is a whole lot of difference between comparing normal wolverine comics and a main event like Return of Wolverine since a large audience read a main event more then a minority who read Wolverine comics . And I dread this may even lead to no Wolverine ongoing comics anymore and Marvel will bound to make this happen one way or another since ROW will create a large audience to not like Wolverine anymore .

I am not denying that i didn't like reading WeaponX/Origins comics , hell this maybe the reason i like to read Wolverine comics due to his madness. .But I wouldn't deny ROW can be my worst nightmare nightmare , right now as u said .
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-25-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think there is a difference between comparing "deconstructing Wolverine's character" on Origins/Weapon X and a main event like Return of Wolverine , I have discussed with other people from other forums last night, about how much Marvel has changed from 21st to 20th , when Quesada took over Marvel . Surely Quesada has done a lot good things from Mks to Brubaker to Millar .
    But Marvel's plethora of deconstructing characters on main events after Civil War (which was a good and decent comic ) has created lot of toxicity and hate from fans POV .

I think there is a whole lot of difference between comparing normal wolverine comics and a main event like Return of Wolverine since a large audience read a main event more then a minority who read Wolverine comics . And I dread this may even lead to no Wolverine ongoing comics anymore and Marvel will bound to make this happen one way or another since ROW will create a large audience to not like Wolverine anymore .

I am not denying that i didn't like reading WeaponX/Origins comics , hell this maybe the reason i like to read Wolverine comics due to his madness. .But I wouldn't deny ROW can be my worst nightmare nightmare , right now as u said .
    I don't know, Wolverine Origins was so relentlessly dark and violent that it bordered on parody in spots. I meam, this is where we got Daken, who's backstory is so needlessly dark and violent that many fans were sick of him. He was only Saved from the Scrappy Heap by Bendis's Dark Avengers, Lui's Dark Wolverine Series, and just other writers using him.

This series feels dakr, but it feels much less ridiculous...for now.

I don't know, Wolverine Origins was so relentlessly dark and violent that it bordered on parody in spots. I meam, this is where we got Daken, who's backstory is so needlessly dark and violent that many fans were sick of him. He was only Saved from the Scrappy Heap by Bendis's Dark Avengers, Lui's Dark Wolverine Series, and just other writers using him.

Daniel Way only has 2 settings, shock value birderlining in self parody (as you said) or dull by the numbers plots, that is Wolverine Origins in a nutshell.

I do understand what biswaboxz is trying to say thougth, main events can sour the opinions of many toward a characther, just look Tony Stark in Civil War, or what happened to Logan in Schism, they recieved a lot more hate after it, Iron Man more than Wolverine for sure but you get the idea. Even if Soule is a far better writer than Way.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-25-2018 at 10:17 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I really loved the art! I know it's a lot cleaner and "smaller" than we typically see for a Wolverine comic, but I liked that. It made everyone feel...I don't know, smaller? Less spectacular? Daken and Omega Red aren't the bad guys here, they're as much victims as Logan. It's pure luck that they get stuck as zombies while Logan isn't.

I bet Logan is going to almost drown someone in a puddle and then "wake up" right before he finishes them.

I know we make fun of the puddle scene a lot, but I always thought it was an especially brutal and violent way to kill Daken, even if he actually deserved it.
    Oh i know that Daken and Omega Red aren't the bad guys, is clear that they did then something similar to what they did with Logan, we just don't know what.

Lol, that is something that it could happen for surr, i mesn he was very close to remember Daken before his claws got heated.

As for Logan killing Daken, yeah that was brutal but it was also the moment when Logan simply couldn't take more chances with his son, it was kind of sad to be honest but as far he was concerned there was no other choice... just like many things that Wolverine did in his life.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Honestly that's the big thing I don't understand right now, Persephone seems obsessed with resurrecting people from the dead and after reading Claws of a Killer it seems she failed numerous times. Yet at the same time we saw Logan being alive and under her control, same for Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed so what does that mean? Same for Daken in this issue even if looking at his skin, he looks more dead than alive.

So either the process isn't perfect yet as you said or they are all clones which would explain why she was interested in Delacroix work on de-extinction and cloning.

That's true about deconstructing a character during in an event, it's never the right place to do that or maybe just during the first issue. When I mentioned the Weapon X series by Tieri (not the Weapon X mini by BWS, this story is perfect lol) it was just to compare how Tieri tried to do something similar to what we saw during Hunt with Logan being used as a killing machine against innocent people and don't worry I do like Tieri's run

But yeah let's hope Soule and Marvel knows what's they're doing, and we will get some news about the creative team behind Wolverine's fresh start soon!

Yeah I never hide the fact that I'm not a fan of the character but the way he was written during Dark Avengers by Bendis and Dark Wolverine by Liu was much more enjoyable than what Way did in Origins. Regarding Origins yeah it was just edgy for the sake of being egdy, even Millar would be impressed lol.

It's going to be great. spoilers:
    Jean
    end of spoilers will be like: Logan?!!?? And Wolverine will be like: Who the *** are these people?

Thanks Rover! Nice Variant, yeah it seems there will be a big showdown in the next issue and with any luck that horrible cooking chef costume will be destroyed lol.
    I'm starting to like the chef costume. Am I the only one?

That kiss really felt weird because it seems like she would be too worried about her son. And she said she knew three stories about him in #1 and we've only seen her tell one story so far. It's making me think she knows something big. Also there is a weird parallel with Persephone kissing him when she was in his head. I just noticed something else in #1, we see a wall with three red dots on it when we see the inside of Logan's head. He asks what it is, and Persephone says 'it's a wall it's there for a reason etc .' Two pages later, he is following the lunch lady to her place and in the background there is the Soteira logo on the garage door and the pattern is somewhat similar to these three red dots.

About him killing Daken...I don't think Daken is really dead. He has a healing factor and might have received a power boost from Soteira. If Logan killed him (or thinks he killed him) and remembers who Daken is, he'll definitely take it out on the bad guys at the end of the mini.

Honestly that's the big thing I don't understand right now, Persephone seems obsessed with resurrecting people from the dead and after reading Claws of a Killer it seems she failed numerous times. Yet at the same time we saw Logan being alive and under her control, same for Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed so what does that mean? Same for Daken in this issue even if looking at his skin, he looks more dead than alive.

So either the process isn't perfect yet as you said or they are all clones which would explain why she was interested in Delacroix work on de-extinction and cloning.

That's true about deconstructing a character during in an event, it's never the right place to do that or maybe just during the first issue. When I mentioned the Weapon X series by Tieri (not the Weapon X mini by BWS, this story is perfect lol) it was just to compare how Tieri tried to do something similar to what we saw during Hunt with Logan being used as a killing machine against innocent people and don't worry I do like Tieri's run

But yeah let's hope Soule and Marvel knows what's they're doing, and we will get some news about the creative team behind Wolverine's fresh start soon!

Yeah I never hide the fact that I'm not a fan of the character but the way he was written during Dark Avengers by Bendis and Dark Wolverine by Liu was much more enjoyable than what Way did in Origins. Regarding Origins yeah it was just edgy for the sake of being egdy, even Millar would be impressed lol.
    Personally, i believe that the Wolverines that we have seen in WL and COAK are imperfect clones of Logan, why they are imperfect?, because they only had a part of his personality (the worst part usually) and they had been using then, or just let then run free and now we are following the real one, perfeclty resurrected in body and spirit, but still needing some time before releasing all the parts of himself. For another side, his appearances in Infinite Countdown really make that theory complicated too lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona