Page 82 of 138 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2066
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I like them as friends but that's it nothing more, Logan has moved on a long time ago (even if most writers forgot about it), Scott has moved on (also forgot about it), it's time for Jean to move on too.

I do like Logan's relationship with AOA Jean, but yeah it's a completely different situation.

Also when you think that Logan couldn't see the difference between Jean and Rose when he died during the Logan's files story, that makes his obsession with Jean even more unhealhty lol.
    I thought he distinguished both of his relationships with Rose and Jean , after he regained his memories from HOM.
    [1] Jean being his love , that was shown in Wolvie vs X-Men
    [2] Rose being the person who he loved once , but his guilt of her being dead with his own hands is what he remembers mostly about her that was shown during Paul Cornell run
    But yeah he never forgot her even before his death .

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Speaking of Ultimate Wolverine, how do you guys feel about him and his characterization? Would you have liked to see a solo title featuring this version back in the day?
    I think it was somewhat divisive although I actually liked it. I would def not want him to be like that in the 616 but there was something really fun about reading about a very unapologetically psychopathic Wolverine. It was almost like Logan in his most base form. Ultimate Universe was a time for trying new things and modernizing concepts so Wolverine being a bad guy who just happens to be fighting with the good guys was a good change for me

His eventual redemption was also done very well
    Last edited by The Kid; 10-28-2018 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh i know that it was there, but it was easily ignorable and after the wedding it really wasn't brougth up, AoA aside. But after the movies and Morrison's run, the triangle and Logan's feeling for Jean tend to get mentioned a lot more, then you add him having that lock of her hair and it gets creepier. At least in the 90s, it was clear that he wasn't going to try anything. I do agreed with the rest of your post thougth and i think that most of us can find common ground in the "No to Jogan" camp lol.
    Well he do kissed her during Uncanny X-Men #398 before and the thing is his obsession for Jean before or after Morrison was never really lost , and honestly he do sacrificed his feelings during Morrison run even after what Jean said to him . The only thing that made him traumatized was her death and if u like to bring movies and all then my friend movies actually made his other relationships more mess than Jean . Therefore there is nothing proud about to say like that .
    P.S:
    And sacrificing his love for Jean's happiness and saving her from mounts of his own death that was shown during Fatal Attractions itself showed that he truly loved her .
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-28-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well he do kissed her during Uncanny X-Men #398 before and the thing is his obsession for Jean before or after Morrison was never really lost , and honestly he do sacrificed his feelings during Morrison run even after what Jean said to him . The only thing that made him traumatized was her death and if u like to bring movies and all then my friend movies actually made his other relationships more mess which included . Therefore there is nothing proud about to say like that .

And sacrificing his love for Jean's happiness that was shown during Fatal Attractions itself showed that he truly loved her .
    He did that in Uncanny X-Men #394 actually, after the movies . I know that he never let it go completly, but he accepted the situation. The movies sadly kind of messed all his relationships, romantic or not, you won't believe that Kurt was Logan's best friend by watching those lol, same with Colosuss and Storm, mostly focusing him on Xavier and Jean, luckyly that didn't affect the comics, i just think that it probably reignited the idea but i admit that i could be wrong. Still Jackman did a good job for the most part.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #173 Sep 1983
    "To Have and Have Not!" Part 2 of 2.
    Wolverine and Rogue get rowdy with the Yakuza in a Ginza district bar.
    They get information from Akio that leads them to the crime lord Nabatone.

Elsewhere, Yukio seeks sanctuary for Storm and herself at one of the house of Yukio's friend, Tak.
    He says that there is no sanctuary for her and leaves them on the streets, where some lowlife muggers attack both of them.

Wolverine looks for the Silver Samurai, who plans on killing Mariko Yashida, his half-sister and Wolverine's fiancée.
    Their father was a crime lord, and the Silver Samurai wants Mariko dead so he can control that empire.
    Wolverine invited the X-Men to Japan for their wedding, only for everyone but Storm to be poisoned by the Silver Samurai.

Wolverine and Rogue infiltrate Nabatone's estate. Rogue accidentally sets off a security robot, and Wolverine saves her from the laser blast.
    They find the corpse of Nabatone Yokuse, who has been dead for over a week.
    The man who arranged the meeting between Mariko and the Silver Samurai was an impostor.
    Wolverine wonders if, while they have been wasting time chasing smoke, someone might try to attack Mariko and the poisoned X-Men in the hospital.

Elsewhere, Yukio easily defeats the muggers once Storm fries them with a little lightning.
    Inspired by Yukio, Storm begins to embrace her emotions instead of suppressing them.

Wolverine's fears are verified: Viper and a team of ninja assassins attack the hospital and dispatch the posted agents.
    Rogue flies in, grabs the whole gang of ninjas, including their leader, and tosses them aside;
    Viper orders her ninjas to kill Rogue while she looks for Silver Samurai.
    Wolverine challenges the Samurai and wins their brutal battle by breaking his arm.
    As he readies his claws for the killing blow, Mariko begs him to spare her half-brother.

Viper pulls a gun on Mariko and Wolverine, demanding they let the Samurai go.
    The Samurai faints just as Wolverine and Mariko make a run for it.
    Rogue throws herself into the ray's path before it hits them.
    Rogue causes the gun to overload, but suffers life-threatening injuries.
    Viper uses her ring to teleport herself and the Samurai away.
    Wolverine forces Rogue to absorb his powers to save her life.

A week later, while at the Yashida's ancestral seat preparing for the wedding, Mariko is visited by Mastermind.

At the wedding reception, the X-Men are introduced to Cyclops' girlfriend, Madelyne Pryor.
    Everyone is shocked by her similarity to Marvel Girl.
    Lilandra was so surprised that she almost attacks Madelyne, but Professor X and Colossus stop her.
    Storm arrives in her 1980's punk look, much to Kitty's apparent horror.
    Right before the ceremony starts, Mariko calls off the wedding in front of everybody.

Wolverine asks Mariko why, and she tells him he is unworthy.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith and Bob Wiacek.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Elsewhere, Yukio seeks sanctuary for Storm and herself at one of the house of Yukio's friend, Tak.
    He says that there is no sanctuary for her and leaves them on the streets, where some lowlife muggers attack both of them.

Wolverine looks for the Silver Samurai, who plans on killing Mariko Yashida, his half-sister and Wolverine's fiancée.
    Their father was a crime lord, and the Silver Samurai wants Mariko dead so he can control that empire.
    Wolverine invited the X-Men to Japan for their wedding, only for everyone but Storm to be poisoned by the Silver Samurai.

Wolverine and Rogue infiltrate Nabatone's estate. Rogue accidentally sets off a security robot, and Wolverine saves her from the laser blast.
    The man who arranged the meeting between Mariko and the Silver Samurai was an impostor.
    Wolverine wonders if, while they have been wasting time chasing smoke, someone might try to attack Mariko and the poisoned X-Men in the hospital.

Elsewhere, Yukio easily defeats the muggers once Storm fries them with a little lightning.
    Inspired by Yukio, Storm begins to embrace her emotions instead of suppressing them.

Wolverine's fears are verified: Viper and a team of ninja assassins attack the hospital and dispatch the posted agents.
    Rogue flies in, grabs the whole gang of ninjas, including their leader, and tosses them aside;
    Wolverine challenges the Samurai and wins their brutal battle by breaking his arm.
    As he readies his claws for the killing blow, Mariko begs him to spare her half-brother.

A week later, while at the Yashida's ancestral seat preparing for the wedding, Mariko is visited by Mastermind.

At the wedding reception, the X-Men are introduced to Cyclops' girlfriend, Madelyne Pryor.
    Lilandra was so surprised that she almost attacks Madelyne, but Professor X and Colossus stop her.
    Right before the ceremony starts, Mariko calls off the wedding in front of everybody.

So much anticipation for Logan's part and so much heartbreak at the end, Logan and Mariko deserve another chance.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Venom must be friend with Dog Logan:

lol

It reminds me of what Frank Castle said to Logan:

But seriously, I think she was really brave in this issue and despite Logan acting like an animal and looking really scary she never gave up on him and she treated him like a man which is not something a lot of people do around him. Without her Logan would have been dead so I think he doesn't really see her as weak but as someone much more stronger than she thinks she is and what other people thinks of her, and Logan also knows he owes her his life.

But it's also a way to contrast how different are Logan and Katie worldview and how in the end without using violence Katie proved to be the hero of the story and how her presence bring out the best from Logan. It might be one of the reason why it was always cool to see Logan teaming up with younger character like Jubilee or Kitty during the 80s and 90s.

At least that's how I see it.

Yeah, it could be fun especially after hearing the Long Night podcast!
    The Wolverines in the world should be more carefull when they talk to strangers!!!!!

lol

Ha, that was good, to be fair i mostly think that for what he said to the kid in Wolverine #25 when he told him the story, the world is a hard and unforgiving place and is rare that someone helps you and when you are small you should use anything that can help you, so he tries to prepare then for the hard things that the migth come, especially if he see potential on then or just backbone, smarts and bravery like Kitty, Jubilee and Katie, of course he also appreciates their worldview and respect then because of it.

Your take isn't bad either thougth and actually i'm pretty sure than that was more close to the author intentions.

Honestly, the Long Night podcast gave some ideas for a Wolverine tv series, if i have the time i probably write a fanfiction about lol

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I thought he distinguished both of his relationships with Rose and Jean , after he regained his memories from HOM.
    [1] Jean being his love , that was shown in Wolvie vs X-Men
    [2] Rose being the person who he loved once , but his guilt of her being dead with his own hands is what he remembers mostly about her that was shown during Paul Cornell run
    But yeah he never forgot her even before his death .
    Yup, when I mentioned The Logan Files story, it was because the story was set before House of M and it kinds of showed that Logan couldn’t tell the difference between Rose and Jean at the time, which could imply that Logan’s obsession with Jean came from the fact he was in love in with Rose which make the whole thing really unhealthy.

Of course post House of M, things changed but honestly her characterization during the Cornell's run and the whole explanation about that stupid rose tattoo, were just downright terrible in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Speaking of Ultimate Wolverine, how do you guys feel about him and his characterization? Would you have liked to see a solo title featuring this version back in the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think it was somewhat divisive although I actually liked it. I would def not want him to be like that in the 616 but there was something really fun about reading about a very unapologetically psychopathic Wolverine. It was almost like Logan in his most base form. Ultimate Universe was a time for trying new things and modernizing concepts so Wolverine being a bad guy who just happens to be fighting with the good guys was a good change for me

His eventual redemption was also done very well
    100% agree, that kind of serie would have been fun! In fact, I would say that the Wolverine Origins series by Way and all the revelations about Logan’s past (especially all the terrible things he did) would have make much more sense with the Ultimate version of Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Nice post! After what he did during the Dark Phoenix saga and during this story, Mastermind was so lucky, Logan didn’t cut off his head lol.

So much anticipation for Logan's part and so much heartbreak at the end, Logan and Mariko deserve another chance.
    Yeah let’s hope they see each other soon! I hope Mariko will appear during ROW.

The Wolverines in the world should be more carefull when they talk to strangers!!!!!

lol

Ha, that was good, to be fair i mostly think that for what he said to the kid in Wolverine #25 when he told him the story, the world is a hard and unforgiving place and is rare that someone helps you and when you are small you should use anything that can help you, so he tries to prepare then for the hard things that the migth come, especially if he see potential on then or just backbone, smarts and bravery like Kitty, Jubilee and Katie, of course he also appreciates their worldview and respect then because of it.

Your take isn't bad either thougth and actually i'm pretty sure than that was more close to the author intentions.

Honestly, the Long Night podcast gave some ideas for a Wolverine tv series, if i have the time i probably write a fanfiction about lol
    I agree with what you said especially in regards to the Wolverine #25 story, it makes perfectly sense I also thinks that before House of M, Logan was the kind of guy who “didn’t judge a book by its cover” when it comes to people because it’s something a lot of people did towards him.
    That’s why he always gave someone a chance to prove themselves like what happened when Rogue joined the X-Men. Almost no one wanted her in the team and after what she did to Carol (one of Logan’s oldest friend), Wolverine should have been the first to tell her to get lost, yet he gave her a chance and when she saves Mariko she proved to be someone he could trust.

Eh you know what? It could be fun! That also means you will have to send more scripts to Marvel lol.

Yup, when I mentioned The Logan Files story, it was because the story was set before House of M and it kinds of showed that Logan couldn’t tell the difference between Rose and Jean at the time, which could imply that Logan’s obsession with Jean came from the fact he was in love in with Rose which make the whole thing really unhealthy.

Of course post House of M, things changed but honestly her characterization during the Cornell's run and the whole explanation about that stupid rose tattoo, were just downright terrible in my opinion.

100% agree, that kind of serie would have been fun! In fact, I would say that the Wolverine Origins series by Way and all the revelations about Logan’s past (especially all the terrible things he did) would have make much more sense with the Ultimate version of Wolverine.

Nice post! After what he did during the Dark Phoenix saga and during this story, Mastermind was so lucky, Logan didn’t cut off his head lol.

Yeah let’s hope they see each other soon! I hope Mariko will appear during ROW.

I agree with what you said especially in regards to the Wolverine #25 story, it makes perfectly sense I also thinks that before House of M, Logan was the kind of guy who “didn’t judge a book by its cover” when it comes to people because it’s something a lot of people did towards him.
    That’s why he always gave someone a chance to prove themselves like what happened when Rogue joined the X-Men. Almost no one wanted her in the team and after what she did to Carol (one of Logan’s oldest friend), Wolverine should have been the first to tell her to get lost, yet he gave her a chance and when she saves Mariko she proved to be someone he could trust.

Eh you know what? It could be fun! That also means you will have to send more scripts to Marvel lol.
    He also was one of the few that treated Kitty as an adult and a part of the team, sure he isn't fond of kids seeing ugly things, like in Uncanny X-Men #268 when he is pissed because he has to kill a man in front of a young Natasha, but he didn't sugarcoat things, of course all that changed after House of M and lead to Schism.

True about that, granted Logan wasn't very fond of Rogue at the beginning either, but he probably has conflicting emotions about the whole thing, especially when the violation of an old friend was concerned. But he came around too.

Sadly my life is too busy at the moment, but don't worry Wolverine vs Soteira: The Cooking Constest would be made one day!!!!!!!.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Oh god that tattoo issue, it almost made me give up througth the whole run, but my will was strong enougth.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He also was one of the few that treated Kitty as an adult and a part of the team, sure he isn't fond of kids seeing ugly things, like in Uncanny X-Men #268 when he is pissed because he has to kill a man in front of a young Natasha, but he didn't sugarcoat things, of course all that changed after House of M and lead to Schism.

True about that, granted Logan wasn't very fond of Rogue at the beginning either, but he probably has conflicting emotions about the whole thing, especially when the violation of an old friend was concerned. But he came around too.

Sadly my life is too busy at the moment, but don't worry Wolverine vs Soteira: The Cooking Constest would be made one day!!!!!!!.
    Yeah Logan's stance regarding kids changed dramatically post House of M, while understandable after everything that happened to him during the 2000s, I always prefered how he was portrayed during those old stories and especially in Uncanny X-Men #268.

Even if Rogue didn't have a big role during the Hunt, I think Zub did a good job with that letter from Carol where she asked Logan to kill her it makes Logan's decision to give Rogue a chance to prove herself even more incredible.

You better hurry, if the cooking theory proved to be real you won't be able to send the script anymore (Yeah I still think it's real lol)

Oh god that tattoo issue, it almost made me give up througth the whole run, but my will was strong enougth.
    Yeah that rose tatoo was so dumb especially during the issue where he showed it to Thor and Thor was like: "Maybe if I hit Logan hard enough, he will stop talking nonsense"

Honestly yeah that was brave of you, I read this run once, but no way I'm reading it again lol.

BANNED

He did that in Uncanny X-Men #394 actually, after the movies . I know that he never let it go completly, but he accepted the situation. The movies sadly kind of messed all his relationships, romantic or not, you won't believe that Kurt was Logan's best friend by watching those lol, same with Colosuss and Storm, mostly focusing him on Xavier and Jean, luckyly that didn't affect the comics, i just think that it probably reignited the idea but i admit that i could be wrong. Still Jackman did a good job for the most part.

Well i was previously going through the context but since u brought out the whole explanation and all then i felt his Rose's love part of Logan's Origins to be forced . I found out they were more or less to be brother and sister before he said he loved her , it felt so much awkward and dubious , even more when they showed those dreams were actually Rose .

BTW i think i should have said this before that I would't deny those movies may have a hand with such plot where Logan's love for Jean have expanded . But the thing is i deny anything wrong with Logan's obsession for Jean , even people try to give excuse for movies and all cause's it felt quite real because before Morrison run ,during Fatal Attractions it showed that Logan loved her , that's one of the reason why Logan said that he was happy for Jean getting her love of his life but his feelings never lost cause's he didn't showed out on wedding (only peaked from distance) .

During Morrison Run , Jean's feelings for Logan poured out and it felt quite reasonable cause's she said that he has special place in her life before , that and her death certainly made him traumatized and likewise she came through his dreams and all which felt quiet obsessive . But i will never deny that she was second best love of his life .
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-29-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Well i was previously going through the context but since u brought out the whole explanation and all then i felt his Rose's love part of Logan's Origins to be forced . I found out they were more or less to be brother and sister before he said he loved her , it felt so much awkward and dubious , even more when they showed those dreams were actually Rose .

BTW i think i should have said this before that I would't deny those movies may have a hand with such plot where Logan's love for Jean have expanded . But the thing is i deny anything wrong with Logan's obsession for Jean , even people try to give excuse for movies and all cause's it felt quite real because before Morrison run ,during Fatal Attractions it showed that Logan loved her , that's one of the reason why Logan said that he was happy for Jean getting her love of his life but his feelings never lost cause's he didn't showed out on wedding (only peaked from distance) .

During Morrison Run , Jean's feelings for Logan poured out and it felt quite reasonable cause's she said that he has special place in her life before , that and her death certainly made him traumatized and likewise she came through his dreams and all which felt quiet obsessive . But i will never deny that she was second best love of his life .
    Origins doesn't have the more natural plot, althougth i'm not surprised that Logan developed a crush on her, especially considering his age. Rose definetly didn't feel the same way thougth

Oh, i definetly don't think that there wasn't anything wrong with Logan/Jean before the movies, going after another man's woman isn't a good thing no matter how you sliced it, it gets worse when you consider than this people are supposed to be family, it was always unhealthy, just that as i said, i think that it got worst post-2001, the whole thing was concluded in 1993, we didn't need it more.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think Origin suffered from bad writing all around. But on the other hand I can see a relationship changing from a brother/sister thing or just friendship to something romantic as they get older since children aren't going to have romantic feelings yet. But yes the thing with Rose did feel forced.

Some writers have taken the thing with Jean too far and turned it into an obsession, but imo it never was supposed to be an unhealthy obsession. The fact that Logan never interfered in her marriage is a proof of that. As for the dreams...I think it's absolutely normal to have dreams about someone who died, especially if there was trauma involved. He could dream about her because of guilt at not being able to save her and not because of an obsession.

I personally love how the original story with Mariko was written, but other than that I think writers have never been able to create good romantic storylines for Logan. It's like they just add a woman in the story to show how tortured he is or to make him suffer.

Yeah Logan's stance regarding kids changed dramatically post House of M, while understandable after everything that happened to him during the 2000s, I always prefered how he was portrayed during those old stories and especially in Uncanny X-Men #268.

Even if Rogue didn't have a big role during the Hunt, I think Zub did a good job with that letter from Carol where she asked Logan to kill her it makes Logan's decision to give Rogue a chance to prove herself even more incredible.

You better hurry, if the cooking theory proved to be real you won't be able to send the script anymore (Yeah I still think it's real lol)

Yeah that rose tatoo was so dumb especially during the issue where he showed it to Thor and Thor was like: "Maybe if I hit Logan hard enough, he will stop talking nonsense"

Honestly yeah that was brave of you, I read this run once, but no way I'm reading it again lol.
    And sadly made him look like an hypocrite, but that's how things are, that story was like his personal OMD (in the sense that he would never live it down) lol, just without the retcons.

True, that small moment was a great one, it really show how difficult it was for Logan to work with her at the beginning but he decided to give her a chance.

Lets hope that i can do it quick!!!

Lol, like he did in that Wolverine vs Thor comic?, that would have been great.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona