Page 98 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2066

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey what about being positive!!! .

But yeah, the way that Marvel handled all this has been... confusing, it make me wish that Logan jhad gotten the Jean Grey treatment lol.
    When I wrote this message, I was thinking: "The Cape is going to tell me to stay positive" lol but yeah it's hard to still believe something good will come out of ROW to be honest.

What worrying me about this Wolverine mystery is that the last time Soule tried to build a mystery it was during his Daredevil run about Matt secret identity and honestly waiting 20 issues before revealing the truth behind this mystery wasn't worth it at all and in the end it was anticlimactic so I hope the same thing won't happen with ROW.

I didn't like Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red to be honest but something along the lines of Immortal Hulk could have been perfect. Don't get me wrong Bruce Banner’s death during Civil War II was just shameful and the way they couldn't fully bring Hulk back to life in Uncanny Avengers and Secret Empire left me a little cold.

But the way Ewing made sense of all of that and how he brought back Hulk in ONE issue during No Surrender was perfect!!!!! That's how you use continuity to bring a character back to life, shows how death changed him, while still having a big mystery behind his resurrection and also introducing a new foe connected to his history instead of wasting 20 issues and the time of all your readers like Soule and Marvel did with Hunt and right now with the first two issues of ROW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    When I wrote this message, I was thinking: "The Cape is going to tell me to stay positive" lol but yeah it's hard to still believe something good will come out of ROW to be honest.

What worrying me about this Wolverine mystery is that the last time Soule tried to build a mystery it was during his Daredevil run about Matt secret identity and honestly waiting 20 issues before revealing the truth behind this mystery wasn't worth it at all and in the end it was anticlimactic so I hope the same thing won't happen with ROW.

I didn't like Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red to be honest but something along the lines of Immortal Hulk could have been perfect. Don't get me wrong Bruce Banner’s death during Civil War II was just shameful and the way they couldn't fully bring Hulk back to life in Uncanny Avengers and Secret Empire left me a little cold.

But the way Ewing made sense of all of that and how he brought back Hulk in ONE issue during No Surrender was perfect!!!!! That's how you use continuity to bring a character back to life, shows how death changed him, while still having a big mystery behind his resurrection and also introducing a new foe connected to his history instead of wasting 20 issues and the time of all your readers like Soule and Marvel did with Hunt and right now with the first two issues of ROW.
    You did?, damn it!!!, i'm becoming predictable, i need to reinvent myself .

Oh yeah, that thing with the Purple Children was pretty dissapointing, althougth to be honest, after the pandora box that Bendis opened and what Waid did in hir run, a clean solution qas almost imposible.

For my part, i'm willing to forgive and forget if this takes Way and Loeb work out of continuity, lets hope for the best and get ready for the worst lol.

Huh, i really need to read more Eiwing work to be honest, that sounds interesting.

Also.i agreed with you and Gyl that in spite of his flaws "Logn Nigth" was a really enjoyable podcast.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You did?, damn it!!!, i'm becoming predictable, i need to reinvent myself.

Oh yeah, that thing with the Purple Children was pretty dissapointing, althougth to be honest, after the pandora box that Bendis opened and what Waid did in hir run, a clean solution qas almost imposible.

For my part, i'm willing to forgive and forget if this takes Way and Loeb work out of continuity, lets hope for the best and get ready for the worst lol.

Huh, i really need to read more Eiwing work to be honest, that sounds interesting.

Also.i agreed with you and Gyl that in spite of his flaws "Logn Nigth" was a really enjoyable podcast.
    New copyright catchphrase incoming

You're right it was almost impossible to put the genie back in the bottle in a good and satisfying way especially after the end of the Waid's run but I think it would have been better to not drag this mystery past the first 10 issues. Of course it's not as worse as the Whisper/Unworthy Thor mystery by Aaron that lasted almost 3 years lol.

Honestly that's my hope too, if it retcon Way/Loeb mess I can forgive almost everything lol.

It sure is, Avengers #684 is an amazing issue and the Immortal Hulk series is easily the best Marvel book right now, the way Ewing deals with Hulk death/resurrection and the mystery behind it is really fascinating. Also the art by Bennett is just perfect and fit perfectly with the dark and horror tone of the book, honestly I think it's one my favorite Marvel series of the last 10 years I love it

Yeah I can't wait for the second season especially since Percy said that they will flip the design of the podcast by making Logan the one who is going to investigate this new mystery this time
    Last edited by Hush; 11-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I just wonder where they’ll put Logan when he’s fully back? Meaning on which team? Uncanny X-men is pretty damn crowded as is, and with X-Force being built around the more classic team I’m not sure he fits there. Thoughts? Does he go to the Avengers with the Marvel big guns, leaving X-23 (and Gabby) running with the X-men?
    I'm fine with Logan only appearing in his own solo for a time, but he definitely belongs in the X-Men. He's just to damn important to the tam and it's history. If Marvel puts him in any Avengers team instead of the X-Men when he's fully back, well my head will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    New copyright catchphrase incoming

You're right it was almost impossible to put the genie back in the bottle in a good and satisfying way especially after the end of the Waid's run but I think it would have been better to not drag this mystery past the first 10 issues. Of course it's not as worse as the Whisper/Unworthy Thor mystery by Aaron that lasted almost 3 years lol.

Honestly that's my hope too, if it retcon Way/Loeb mess I can forgive almost everything lol.

It sure is, Avengers #684 is an amazing issue and the Immortal Hulk series is easily the best Marvel book right now, the way Ewing deals with Hulk death/resurrection and the mystery behind it is really fascinating. Also the art by Bennett is just perfect and fit perfectly with the dark and horror tone of the book, honestly I think it's one my favorite Marvel series of the last 10 years I love it

Yeah I can't wait for the second season especially since Percy said that they will flip the design of the podcast by making Logan the one who is going to investigate this new mystery this time
    Pff... wah, i mean whaaattttt!!!!!, of course not, what makes you think that *hides list of new phrases for emergency cases*, it would take more than that .

Dear god that mistery must had been a torture, i admit that i haven't been keeping up with Aaron's Thor, but the answer to that particular problem didn't convinced me.

Eiwing is one of those writers that people keep recomending me and i keep ignoring lol. Immortal Hulk is the first time that i read a full run of his (i did read some odd issue of his Avengers work) and so far it has been amazing, Bennet's aetwork is perfect for this story.

I always in for a story that show Logan's more tactical side, so this should be interesting.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

I tried Long Night, yall ... I only heard ep1. I liked the mystery but all this time I thought Logan was pretending to be Marshall cuz his voice really suits Logan. But I guess Logan is the murder in the story. Story is gravitating just having hard time distinguishing voices lol

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I tried Long Night, yall ... I only heard ep1. I liked the mystery but all this time I thought Logan was pretending to be Marshall cuz his voice really suits Logan. But I guess Logan is the murder in the story. Story is gravitating just having hard time distinguishing voices lol
    Give it a few episodes and then it’s a lot easier to keep track. Logan’s voice is great and distinctive as the show gets going

Pretty much this for me.

BTW, nice avatar Gyl, few things are as cool as Logan with a cowboy hat lol.
    Thank's!

Art from wolverine: the long night comic adaptation
    Marcio Takara and colors Matt Milla

https://mobile.twitter.com/annaliseb...950678528?s=09

Astonishing Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=59521310

wolvinfwatch2019001_cov.jpg
    Can somone explane what the point of return is now that we know his return spins out of infinity war ?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-12-2018 at 10:44 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh my God. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

Can somone explane what the point of return is now that we know his return spins out of infinity war ?
    I think Marvel has not a single flipping clue what they’re doing at this point. If he was so important to infinity why didn’t they have him show up in it for more than an issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh my God. No.
    But dont you want to see Logan and Loki adventure in space in a event that's concept made return hunt and all tieins to them pointless ?

BANNED

When we get to end of both Return and Infinity Wars, that might be more apparent.

One would think that both stories will ultimately have their own purpose.

As for Wolverine: Infinity Watch, hell yes. I really wanted Duggan to get on Wolverine's solo book when Return was done so I'm happy about that and making it lean towards the cosmic will set it apart from the familiar Logan tales that we're used to.

But dont you want to see Logan and Loki adventure in space in a event that's concept made return hunt and all tieins to them pointless ?
    I can’t wait until they announce the first delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    When we get to end of both Return and Infinity Wars, that might be more apparent.

One would think that both stories will ultimately have their own purpose.

As for Wolverine: Infinity Watch, hell yes. I really wanted Duggan to get on Wolverine's solo book when Return was done so I'm happy about that and making it lean towards the cosmic will set it apart from the familiar Logan tales that we're used to.
    This, but that took my by suprise!
    But just now I am at a loss of words, have to process this!
    This seems to be a limited series:
    https://previewsworld.com/article/220938
    Last edited by Gylfie; 11-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.