Page 115 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What will be your reason why sinister is obsessed with scott?
    He's that deranged shipper in our hearts. OTP or death. Also a crazy pokemon fan. Needs that Legendary Cable with the Gold Shine.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He is a Jean/Scott shipper, Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    He's that deranged shipper in our hearts. OTP or death. Also a crazy pokemon fan. Needs that Legendary Cable with the Gold Shine.
    Wasn't talking about the pairing.

Wasn't talking about the pairing.
    Ah, you mean for the MCU? You can keep the canon reason. Scott's genes has the potential to breed Omega Mutants since the first time he met his Ancestor.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Ah, you mean for the MCU? You can keep the canon reason. Scott's genes has the potential to breed Omega Mutants since the first time he met his Ancestor.
    Nope,just general obsession.The whole travelling to the past so that sinister could see him/his mutation in action doesn't sit well with me,it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bunn gets the fan reaction. Bless him.
    I love how their dueling optic blasts form an X.
    Attachment 71116
    It's scenes like this that'll ensure I'll miss Cullen Bunn's presence on the X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Nope,just general obsession.The whole travelling to the past so that sinister could see him/his mutation in action doesn't sit well with me,it's cheap.
    I am in agreement. I like that Sinister is the closest thing to an arch-nemesis Scott has. I like that Sinister is creepily obsessed with Scott. But the reasoning behind that obsession has always felt flimsy at best to me. It needs some work.

BANNED

Problem with Sinister is that Apocalypse fits waaaay better as Scott's personal nemesis than him. From the TO virus on Cable to the possession, he did way more to create actual, nearly irrational, hatred than Sinister. It's hard to be propped as someone's worst enemy when someone else already has all the elements for it.

I think Sinister is enjoying torturing his “twisted little mind” while stalking n manipulating him. Scott’s gene is his main aim, but it won’t hurt if there’s also some extra fun. Understandable because Scott always has special attractions for telepaths, and Sinister is a creepy creepy telepath who keeps an eye on him all the time.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

What will be your reason why sinister is obsessed with scott?Didn't like the time travel point.
    for Scott's genes.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He is a Jean/Scott shipper, Lol.
    He appeared in spiderman renew your vows and wasn't happy that Jean was with Logan.
    He was not happy too that Scott was with Emma either. Apart from shipping, he adores Jott because he thinks his children will be the ultimate mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I am in agreement. I like that Sinister is the closest thing to an arch-nemesis Scott has. I like that Sinister is creepily obsessed with Scott. But the reasoning behind that obsession has always felt flimsy at best to me. It needs some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Problem with Sinister is that Apocalypse fits waaaay better as Scott's personal nemesis than him. From the TO virus on Cable to the possession, he did way more to create actual, nearly irrational, hatred than Sinister. It's hard to be propped as someone's worst enemy when someone else already has all the elements for it.
    I have always seen Sinister and Apocalypse as Scott's main enemies.
    Sinister with all his obsession for Scott, in almost all the stories I've seen he's always linked to Scott in one way or another.
    Apocalypse owned Scott and put his life upside down, almost killed Nathan and if I'm not mistaken the first time he appeared was in X-factor with Scott as their leader.

BANNED

What will be your reason why sinister is obsessed with scott?Didn't like the time travel point.
    Well...
    The origin of Sinister is linked directly to Scott and Jean, as seen in "The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix". Nathaniel Essex is fascinated by the possibilities of mutant genes.

But...

When Scott was at the orphanage, Sinistro was there, as the mad scientist and as a boy, Scott's roommate. There are many signs that his interest was not simply scientific curiosity. The Sinister boy was obsessed with Scott, as if it were a sickly and dangerous passion.

I'd even say that this is a story about child abuse.
    One of Scott's traumas would be the abuses he has suffered in the orphanage.
    Sinister wasn't just a mad scientist but also a child molester.

Remember, the boy's name was Nate. Nathaniel Essex?
    And Nate is one of the names Scott gave his son.
    Unknowingly, Scott gave Cable the name of his own abuser.
    The trauma, the shame, the guilt...
    I'm not a psychologist. Maybe a psychologist can explain it better.

This blog has some good things on this subject.

"At the orphanage where he lives, Scott Summers intervenes in a fight between his roommate Nate and a bully named Toby, then is treated by orphanage's new doctor, Robyn Hanover, who takes an interest in the boy. That night, Scott has another recurring nightmare of falling and flames, while Toby is accosted by Mr. Sinister. The next day, a crowd gathers after Toby climbs up onto the roof of a building, preparing to jump. Despite Nate's objections, Scott rushes up after him and tries to talk Toby down. But Toby jumps, and Scott is unable to save him. Later, Dr. Hanover tries to comfort Scott, much to Nate's apparent displeasure."

http://www.therealgentlemenofleisure...men-41-42.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well...
    The origin of Sinister is linked directly to Scott and Jean, as seen in "The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix". Nathaniel Essex is fascinated by the possibilities of mutant genes.

But...

When Scott was at the orphanage, Sinistro was there, as the mad scientist and as a boy, Scott's roommate. There are many signs that his interest was not simply scientific curiosity. The Sinister boy was obsessed with Scott, as if it were a sickly and dangerous passion.

I know what sinister did, but I think we need a better version why he's obsessed with him.Why he looked into Scott's gene in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well...

But...

Wasn't Madelyne the one who named The baby Nate? Scott named him Christopher and Charles. Or am I remembering this wrong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Wasn't Madelyne the one who named The baby Nate? Scott named him Christopher and Charles. Or am I remembering this wrong
    Yes, you're right about that. Maddie chose the name "Nathan".

But I still see the unconscious thoughts and trauma there.