Page 119 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 7705
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is reason for concern for Cyclops fans, given Claremont's history. In nearly every series he's written since 2000, he seems to go out of his way to denigrate him or those he cares about. He seems to use every opportunity to punish Cyclops because another writer had him leave Maddie. Never mind the fact that he's the reason Maddie was such a contrived character to begin with. Never mind the inherent problem with having a character just happen to meet a woman who looks like his dead girlfriend. He still uses this as an excuse to hate Cyclops and destroy his character at every turn. He's such a brilliant writer, one who does so much for every other character he writes. Yet he has this one blind spot that just keeps coming up. I worry that it'll never be resolved.
    It'll never get resolved, full-stop. Even if editorial steps in, you just know he's gonna find a way to dig.

Much as I love stories from old timers, there is one characteristic they all share: they're all stubborn. They realize they've lived that long living with their belief, so they don't see any reason to change. Try convincing a 70 year old hypertensive to cut down on the salt and fat or, at the extreme, a 70 year old ICU patient that you're actually getting better so don't tell us to just let you die and please stop pulling out your nasogastric tube, please.

Best case scenario with CC writing Cyke is a neutral story.

(Someone please bring Gillen or PAD back to the X-Men, especially now that the movie rights issue is over...!)
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

He's writing a back up story in Cable's epilogue issue. It'll likely be about the good times between Scott, Maddie and baby to show that things werent as bad as he implied right before X-Factor, which that series ran with

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's writing a back up story in Cable's epilogue issue. It'll likely be about the good times between Scott, Maddie and baby to show that things werent as bad as he implied right before X-Factor, which that series ran with
    Yeah, that makes sense. It would fit Claremont's MO. If he wants to show that Cyclops leaving Maddie was an utterly irredeemable act, then this is an opportunity to do just that. I still dread how far he'll take it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

That'd be a cute story. The last thing I really remember at the moment regarding Scott and Maddie (penned by CC) was in X-men: The End where he expressed regret and said that he really did love Maddie. This was also a turning point for her as she was finally able to move on and admit that she was the part of Jean that loved him the most. Too bad it wasn't in normal continuity.
    Last edited by Drey; 09-24-2018 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think it'll bomb. It's pretty hard for a superhero movie to bomb now-a-days. Critically? Sure, yeah, I can see that happening.
    I think it'll suffer the same issues as justice league, mainly an over inflated budget that'll make it difficult to break even, along with an inexperienced director (because I wonder why Kinberg couldn't get anyone to direct?) and the fact that the franchise is done for and everyone knows it ¬¬

Can't see that movie doing well or honoring the DP saga, if anything it'll manage to make Disney not want to touch the phoenix with a 10 feet pole, and that's a good thing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think it'll suffer the same issues as justice league, mainly an over inflated budget that'll make it difficult to break even, along with an inexperienced director (because I wonder why Kinberg couldn't get anyone to direct?) and the fact that the franchise is done for and everyone knows it ¬¬

Can't see that movie doing well or honoring the DP saga, if anything it'll manage to make Disney not want to touch the phoenix with a 10 feet pole, and that's a good thing
    Come to think, is the Phoenix Force the only X-Men-original piece of Marvel Cosmic? And now the Avengers took it, too...
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Do you really believe that? Forgive me if I'm not so sanguine.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Do you really believe that? Forgive me if I'm not so sanguine.
    Yeah. That or it will be some unseen meeting between Scott and Cable where Scott apologizes for leaving him and Maddie. Either way, I believe Claremont will touch that era bc he's never made peace with it

BANNED

I wonder when we'll have a chance to see the X-Men apologize to Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I wonder when we'll have a chance to see the X-Men apologize to Scott.
    Never.Scott is the one who will keep doing it because he is better than them.The x men are bunch of hypocrites.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Come to think, is the Phoenix Force the only X-Men-original piece of Marvel Cosmic? And now the Avengers took it, too...
    The Shi ar empire, the brood, the starjammers in a way ¬¬

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The Shi ar empire, the brood, the starjammers in a way ¬¬
    I kinda lumped the Shi'Ar and the Starjammers with the PF due its intertwined lore, but I completely forgot about the Brood. That makes 2 X-Men-originals I guess
    Let your wallet talk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is reason for concern for Cyclops fans, given Claremont's history. In nearly every series he's written since 2000, he seems to go out of his way to denigrate him or those he cares about. He seems to use every opportunity to punish Cyclops because another writer had him leave Maddie. Never mind the fact that he's the reason Maddie was such a contrived character to begin with. Never mind the inherent problem with having a character just happen to meet a woman who looks like his dead girlfriend. He still uses this as an excuse to hate Cyclops and destroy his character at every turn. He's such a brilliant writer, one who does so much for every other character he writes. Yet he has this one blind spot that just keeps coming up. I worry that it'll never be resolved.
    It could be good. It could be bad. It will depend on the context of the story and what, if any, instructions CC has been given from editorial.

He wrote Scott quite sympathetically in X-Men Forever after he had Jean dump Scott for Logan. Remember, until X-Factor, Scott was one of Claremont's favorite characters.

Speaking as a BoyScott fan, there are far worse possibilities than Cebulski/White telling CC to "fix" Scott. Especially if it enables CC to finally get the **** with Maddie out of his system.

I just wish he'd go back and read Louise Simonson's X-Factor run. She dealt with the matter quite thoroughly. Scott's entire arc up to Inferno is him flagellating himself for leaving Madelyne, taking responsibility for it, and searching for Nathan. There isn't anything left to be said or done on that front.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    That'd be a cute story. The last thing I really remember at the moment regarding Scott and Maddie (penned by CC) was in X-men: The End where he expressed regret and said that he really did love Maddie. This was also a turning point for her as she was finally able to move on and admit that she was the part of Jean that loved him the most. Too bad it wasn't in normal continuity.
    Madelyne was literally the part of Jean that loved Scott, extracted by the Phoenix. The "real" Jean put in stasis and later resurrected for X-Factor was the leftover parts. IIRC, CC even had Jean outright say that's why Scott and Jean's marriage failed--separated from Madelyne, she didn't really love him anymore and gravitated toward Logan instead.

But, that retcon creates its own problems. It means that the part of Jean that loves Scott is what became Dark Phoenix and committed mass murder before reincarnating as Madelyne. And, while Maddie's culpability for Inferno* is debatable due to demonic influence, she's still on the hook for her actions in the X-Men: The End minis.

*For the record, I do think Maddie got a raw deal at the end of Inferno. I think CC and Weezi should've tweaked the ending such that, instead of Madelyne killing herself, she, Jean, and the Phoenix worked together to purge the Goblin Queen persona from her. Then, instead of Jean just getting her and "Phoenix-Jean"'s memories and a temporary case of multiple personality disorder, Jean and Madelyne should've truly merged into a single person. The body (Jean) and the soul (Madelyne) combined, making Jean truly whole and enabling her to move forward with Scott and Nathan as a family.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 09-24-2018 at 10:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

*For the record, I do think Maddie got a raw deal at the end of Inferno. I think CC and Weezi should've tweaked the ending such that, instead of Madelyne killing herself, she, Jean, and the Phoenix worked together to purge the Goblin Queen persona from her. Then, instead of Jean just getting her and "Phoenix-Jean"'s memories and a temporary case of multiple personality disorder, Jean and Madelyne should've truly merged into a single person. The body (Jean) and the soul (Madelyne) combined, making Jean truly whole and enabling her to move forward with Scott and Nathan as a family.
    That would be bad considering the the "goblin prince" incident.