Page 294 of 514 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Deadly Genesis had some good and bad. Cyke had some interesting moments, the story had some cool minor characters instead of re-using the usual X-Men, and they took the time to flesh out these characters with the backstories.

But - they're basically retconing a piece of X-Men history. The retconing is interesting because it gives you more context for the Cyke/Xavier thing, but I think some fans feel that Cyke vs Xavier was a poor decision...so I guess it depends on how you feel about that.
    I don't care about narratives in which monsters are created, precisely by attitudes like that of Xavier, who should be the great saint of purity.
    But the problem comes when the story don't have a satisfactory conclusion.
    We're talking about American mainstream comics, so I want to see stories about "The Rise and Fall and Rise of a Hero".
    I want to see Gabriel be saved, I want to see him with his brothers and father.

But... well...

Spectacular Member

It has been leading up to this! I find it interesting that on the last two images he is in his Astonishing costume...wonder what that will mean?

cyke.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    It has been leading up to this! I find it interesting that on the last two images he is in his Astonishing costume...wonder what that will mean?

cyke.jpg
    Revolutionaricolps was a skrull!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel that in Cyclops case Marvel could do something like what they did with Jean. Tease the return to hype and increase sales but not bring the character back.
    that would be a terrible move. fans would flat out drop the x-books if they tease his return and never make good on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post

cyke.jpg
    So 4 teases now,will that be enough to satisfy some other fan groups?

So excited about the news, I think he’s really back! Just wave goodbye to the time displaced o5 get it over with and let cyke’s new era begin
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Revolutionaricolps was a skrull!
    If they do this, then I expect Jott fans to make good use of him as a Jean's arm candy, because the real Scott Summers will have died forever.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Cyclops is my favorite hero. Cautious Optimism.

Of course I want him back but with the current direction the X-Books are in? Meh

Jean. Now Wolverine. Everything just feels rushed.

I believe that it is possible that Scott returns soon, with how many months in advance they was said that Jean would return? Jean was dead for more than a decade and only recived a mini with 5 issues. If Scott returns as a result of the Extermination or for a next event even if that event has nothing to do with Scott, I wouldn't surprise me, how many years Scott has been dead? Not too many compared to Jean, we already know that Marvel only gives importance to Logan. You know, I don't care about a big event as long as they give us Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I believe that it is possible that Scott returns soon, with how many months in advance they was said that Jean would return? Jean was dead for more than a decade and only recived a mini with 5 issues. If Scott returns as a result of the Extermination or for a next event even if that event has nothing to do with Scott, I wouldn't surprise me, how many years Scott has been dead? Not too many compared to Jean, we already know that Marvel only gives importance to Logan. You know, I don't care about a big event as long as they give us Scott.
    He’s been gone 3 years

DC fan here but I like the x men, especially Cyclops. The last time I read about him is his teen self being brought back from the pass. Glad to see that he is coming back.
    Should I pick uxm then? Or is he coming back on the 11th issue?

BANNED

Scott is wearing the Astonishing suit. JDW has said a lot of times that this was his favorite Cyke. He has also said that he doesn't like the Utopia's Cyclops.

And with each tease, it's clear that they will erase a large part of Scott's story.
    ***Sigh***

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    DC fan here but I like the x men, especially Cyclops. The last time I read about him is his teen self being brought back from the pass. Glad to see that he is coming back.
    Should I pick uxm then? Or is he coming back on the 11th issue?
    We have to wait & see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Scott is wearing the Astonishing suit. JDW has said a lot of times that this was his favorite Cyke. He has also said that he doesn't like the Utopia's Cyclops.

And with each tease, it's clear that they will erase a large part of Scott's story.
    ***Sigh***

Astonishing was good too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Astonishing was good too.
    Yes my friend. It's one of my favorite x-runs ever.
    But that's not what I'm talking about.
    I'm talking about erasing or simply changing what happened in Utopia and after AvX.
    Scott is not Wanda.
    Scott is not Jean.
    Scott is not Tony Stark.
    Scott is not Steve Rogers.
    Scott doesn't need a retcon.
    Scott is not a boring saint.
    His rights and wrongs, wins and losses, his anguish and determination to continue fighting for his people... this is what makes him one of the greatest Marvel character ever.