Page 446 of 514 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This. So much this.
    Thank you. I have no strong feelings about what relationships are pursued moving forward - I just want Marvel to stop disrespecting some characters/relationship to push others. If some fans feel that Scott was a beneficiary of that practice all I can say is that Scott's fans didn't ask for that. So, Jott's on its way back? Fantastic! Lets see Scott and Jean being written well and without their relationship dragging anyone down or seeing any other characters thrown in for drama.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Marvel should just quit straddling the line - none of this winking nonsense. Even the vaguest hints feed the fire. If Jott is the path moving forward then it should be free from the garbage that is love triangles/squares.
    Are we at church? Cuz Ameeen!!

BANNED

This. So much this.
    Marvel should just quit straddling the line - none of this winking nonsense. Even the vaguest hints feed the fire. If Jott is the path moving forward then it should be free from the garbage that is love triangles/squares.
    Don't forget the AU's.Lol,even recent infinity warps had logan & jean together.And never forget RYV.

Mighty Member

Thank you. I have no strong feelings about what relationships are pursued moving forward - I just want Marvel to stop disrespecting some characters/relationship to push others. If some fans feel that Scott was a beneficiary of that practice all I can say is that Scott's fans didn't ask for that. So, Jott's on its way back? Fantastic! Lets see Scott and Jean being written well and without their relationship dragging anyone down or seeing any other characters thrown in for drama.
    Exactly! And that’s what’s depressing
    Cuz JDW n the Current writers .. said they want more love triangles and drama which sucks. Makes no sense, I swear

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I liked Jott in the past.
    But Scemma has conquered me since Astonishing X-Men.
    And I like Emma's fans. They are nice.
    aww we like you too.

Emma had her own reasons to dislike Jean separate from Scott. Maybe not good ones, but they mattered to Emma. Mostly they centered on Emma's perception that no matter what she did, she would always be suspected, and no matter what Jean did, she would always be loved.

Basically, her perception goes like this....

"Emma, you saved us all, at great personal risk to yourself. What's your angle?"

"It's OK that you murderized all those people Jean, you're still the best one out of all of us."

Cue Emma's rage face...
    There's also the "Emma isn't that powerful, but she's responsible for Dark Phoenix"....which is it LOL

Morrison wanted to a relationship, but he wanted to do something different with Jean...and he couldn't do both because it would've become a Jean/Scott book instead of team book. Scott/Emma was new and different and interesting. Writers did nothing with Jean & Scott for decades. They were on separate teams and only occasionally were in the same book/pages together.

At the moment everyone needs to be on their own and find their own way. Pretty much most of the Xmen are at a place where it'd be better for them NOT to be in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Are we at church? Cuz Ameeen!!
    I mean, where in the heck is Marvel getting the idea that people actually want to read love-triangles?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Don't forget the AU's.Lol,even recent infinity warps had logan & jean together.And never forget RYV.
    Man, what a bad joke.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Okay.
    Maybe Jean and Scott get back together, and Scott and Emma can kiss each other now and then. Or Scott and Frenzy, or Scott and Maria Hill, or Scott and any other woman.
    That would have no problem, right? Who cares about kissing, right?

Never said it’s okay. It’s cheating, but to claim she has always loved Logan is a stretch.

Mighty Member

I mean, where in the heck is Marvel getting the idea that people actually want to read love-triangles?.
    You are asking the right questions! I wish I had the answers.
    One of the main reasons, I enjoyed Scemma stories was the lack of love triangle. It was refreshing to read. But then, marvel decided to play around once again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    aww we like you too.

There's also the "Emma isn't that powerful, but she's responsible for Dark Phoenix"....which is it LOL

Morrison wanted to a relationship, but he wanted to do something different with Jean...and he couldn't do both because it would've become a Jean/Scott book instead of team book. Scott/Emma was new and different and interesting. Writers did nothing with Jean & Scott for decades. They were on separate teams and only occasionally were in the same book/pages together.

At the moment everyone needs to be on their own and find their own way. Pretty much most of the Xmen are at a place where it'd be better for them NOT to be in a relationship.
    I agree that they shouldn't be together so soon for the good of the X-books as a whole but I think FUBAR007 had the right idea in suggesting that maybe they go off on their own adventures for a while. I'm paraphrasing, but something like that.

You are asking the right questions! I wish I had the answers.
    One of the main reasons, I enjoyed Scemma stories was the lack of love triangle. It was refreshing to read. But then, marvel decided to play around once again.
    Yeah, feels like Scemma didn't get a fair shake but then again you think about how Jott ended and realize we should've seen it coming.

Mighty Member

I mean, where in the heck is Marvel getting the idea that people actually want to read love-triangles?
    The current editorial regime is very much of the "juice sales by trolling the fans" school. It goes back to Bill Jemas and Joe Quesada in the early 2000s deliberately revamping Marvel's creative and marketing approach based on the model of pro wrestling.

BANNED

Never said it’s okay. It’s cheating, but to claim she has always loved Logan is a stretch.
    she did love Logan though. She is a hoe.

Mighty Member

Yeah, feels like Scemma didn't get a fair shake but then again you think about how Jott ended and realize we should've seen it coming.
    True, it’s all a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The current editorial regime is very much of the "juice sales by trolling the fans" school. It goes back to Bill Jemas and Joe Quesada in the early 2000s deliberately revamping Marvel's creative and marketing approach based on the model of pro wrestling.
    Hahah very depressing.

Relationship drama is obviously interesting and makes stories better.

But not when it's a total retread, which is most of what modern X-Men is.

BANNED

If it's cheating, then she needs to apologize to Scott. She never did. And she never will, because no matter what she does, she will always be a saint.
    Also, there has never been one second of doubt that Jean has always been attracted to Logan. She loved him.