Page 120 of 514 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It could be good. It could be bad. It will depend on the context of the story and what, if any, instructions CC has been given from editorial.

He wrote Scott quite sympathetically in X-Men Forever after he had Jean dump Scott for Logan. Remember, until X-Factor, Scott was one of Claremont's favorite characters.

Speaking as a BoyScott fan, there are far worse possibilities than Cebulski/White telling CC to "fix" Scott. Especially if it enables CC to finally get the **** with Maddie out of his system.

I just wish he'd go back and read Louise Simonson's X-Factor run. She dealt with the matter quite thoroughly. Scott's entire arc up to Inferno is him flagellating himself for leaving Madelyne, taking responsibility for it, and searching for Nathan. There isn't anything left to be said or done on that front.
    I respectfully disagree about Cyclops being sympathetic in X-men Forever. I think that was the last thing Cyclops was by the end. From the very beginning, Cyclops was nothing more than an obstacle for Jean and Logan. Claremont could not get him off the board fast enough. He made Cyclops leave the X-men the first chance he could. On top of that, he had Cyclops just shrug off the fact that the woman he loved had suddenly stopped loving him and was now pining for someone he never got along with and who constantly berated him at every turn. It was like Cyclops just didn't care, which is pretty ridiculous considering his emotional reaction at the end of the Phoenix Saga, which Claremont himself is responsible for.

I also think, Mr. Claremont has made abundantly clear that his idea of "fixing" Cyclops is to destroy his relationships and send him away from the X-men. That's what he originally wanted, to have Cyclops leave the X-men with Jean after the Phoenix Saga to start a family. And he never got over the editors wanting something different. To him, "fixing" Cyclops means that Cyclops isn't even an X-man anymore. Honestly, I would rather he stay dead than go that route. Plus, you know Claremont will come up with some terribly contrived reasons for Jean to get with Logan, despite Jean affirming in Phoenix Resurrection that she still loves Cyclops and still considers him her husband.

As much as I respect and admire Mr. Claremont for everything he's done for the X-men, I think he is the worst case scenario for Cyclops. If he gets involved in the X-books again, you can expect Cyclops to endure a level of denigration far worse than what he got after Secret Wars. I hope the editors stop him from going too far, but I worry that he'll take every chance he gets to right what he feels was an egregious wrong from three decades ago.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Ok. It's been long enough. Bring him back.

say there was never a body at the funeral. Emma had him in some lab in a coma after a healer did their best and bring. him. back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

say there was never a body at the funeral. Emma had him in some lab in a coma after a healer did their best and bring. him. back.
    yes,yes,yes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That would be bad considering the the "goblin prince" incident.
    Covered under the "purge the Goblin Queen persona from Madelyne" clause of my idea.

Besides, in 616, Jean has memories of the incident anyway, and it didn't stop her from having a relationship with Scott.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I respectfully disagree about Cyclops being sympathetic in X-men Forever. I think that was the last thing Cyclops was by the end. From the very beginning, Cyclops was nothing more than an obstacle for Jean and Logan. Claremont could not get him off the board fast enough. He made Cyclops leave the X-men the first chance he could. On top of that, he had Cyclops just shrug off the fact that the woman he loved had suddenly stopped loving him and was now pining for someone he never got along with and who constantly berated him at every turn. It was like Cyclops just didn't care, which is pretty ridiculous considering his emotional reaction at the end of the Phoenix Saga, which Claremont himself is responsible for.
    I think we read different X-Men Forever series.

Yes, CC did write Scott out, but he wrote him back in not long thereafter and had him resume leadership of the X-Men. He portrayed Scott as a loving father and confident, capable leader. By the end, Scott was head honcho of the X-Men with Xavier back in space exile and Storm in Wakanda. With Jean back by his side, no less!

As for his portrayal of Scott's reaction to losing Jean--that's partly why Scott left the team! There's also Scott's explicit discomfort once Jean hooks up with Beast and, after Hank's death, Jean's refusal to be close with him again.

I also think, Mr. Claremont has made abundantly clear that his idea of "fixing" Cyclops is to destroy his relationships and send him away from the X-men. That's what he originally wanted, to have Cyclops leave the X-men with Jean after the Phoenix Saga to start a family. And he never got over the editors wanting something different. To him, "fixing" Cyclops means that Cyclops isn't even an X-man anymore.
    Writing Scott out back then involved him retiring as a husband and a father. His first wife is an undead, evil ghost possessing the body of a dead woman, and his most recent wife is with the X-Men. He's already raised his son who is now dead. Also, Scott is a public, globally famous figure now and can't simply retire to civilian life. There's no outside life for him to retire to.

CC's original plans are long, long since overcome by events.

Plus, you know Claremont will come up with some terribly contrived reasons for Jean to get with Logan, despite Jean affirming in Phoenix Resurrection that she still loves Cyclops and still considers him her husband.
    If he could and the editors let him, quite possibly.

I'm dubious, however, that he's going to do that in a 10-page back-up story. We can revisit this if/when CC is given one of the core books again for an extended period of time.

As much as I respect and admire Mr. Claremont for everything he's done for the X-men, I think he is the worst case scenario for Cyclops. If he gets involved in the X-books again, you can expect Cyclops to endure a level of denigration far worse than what he got after Secret Wars. I hope the editors stop him from going too far, but I worry that he'll take every chance he gets to right what he feels was an egregious wrong from three decades ago.
    I think it more likely CC would put Scott through some kind of redemption arc (as CC defines it). What that would look like, especially at this point in continuity, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

I also think, Mr. Claremont has made abundantly clear that his idea of "fixing" Cyclops is to destroy his relationships and send him away from the X-men. That's what he originally wanted, to have Cyclops leave the X-men with Jean after the Phoenix Saga to start a family. And he never got over the editors wanting something different. To him, "fixing" Cyclops means that Cyclops isn't even an X-man anymore. Honestly, I would rather he stay dead than go that route. Plus, you know Claremont will come up with some terribly contrived reasons for Jean to get with Logan, despite Jean affirming in Phoenix Resurrection that she still loves Cyclops and still considers him her husband.

According to absolutely everything, X Men Forever is the worst I've seen. first everything you said abouth Scott, then there was the fact that Jean left Scott for Logan and then was with Hank, but what bothered me most is that Jean technically spent years raising Nathan, even if she is not his mother biological, the fact of raising him as if he were his son is more than enough for her to be his mother, but even so she did not care to abandon not only Scott but also Nathan for running behind Logan. She didn't seem at all like a mature woman, if not a teenager with disordered hormones who only thinks about herself.

I really hope that CC stays as far as possible from Scott and Jean in 616 whatever it is that he do with them will be something bad and completely contradictory.

Although I know that X Men forever is trash, I found a cover that I'm sure many Cyclops fans will enjoy.

By the way, it's funny how while other characters changed their clothes, Scott simply went back to his old costume from the CC era. which makes me think that if CC wrote to Scott we would not have anything of Scott of 1985 to the present, that means nothing of BoyScott of the 90's and much less RightClops.

I vote for Emma

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Although I know that X Men forever is trash, I found a cover that I'm sure many Cyclops fans will enjoy.

By the way, it's funny how while other characters changed their clothes, Scott simply went back to his old costume from the CC era. which makes me think that if CC wrote to Scott we would not have anything of Scott of 1985 to the present, that means nothing of BoyScott of the 90's and much less RightClops.
    Is BoyScott a play on Boy Scout?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Is BoyScott a play on Boy Scout?
    BoyScott! Trademark it!

Accurate portrayal of my reaction should this news come to pass:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I vote for Emma
    Why not have the forums explode by letting Emma and Jean get involved?

Also, there never really was a body in the funeral, right? Or did the X-Men bother to re-bury Cyke at the end of Phoenix Resurrection? :P

I'm all for Cyke being resurrected as Void!Clops, though.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

At the end of DoX, I wondered if this --EEP wouldn't be Scott, in deeply comatose, intubated, in bad shape but alive.

And why would she talk to a dead person?
    For me, it was clear he would still be alive, but... as the months passed... the X-office preferred to sweep DoX under the rug.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-24-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Also, there never really was a body in the funeral, right? Or did the X-Men bother to re-bury Cyke at the end of Phoenix Resurrection? :P
    Was that real Cyke in Phoenix Resurrection? I thought it was just illusions phoenix created to lure Jean.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Was that real Cyke in Phoenix Resurrection? I thought it was just illusions phoenix created to lure Jean.
    I think the implication is that was the real Scott (with him making remarks that the Phoenix wouldn't really be able to replicate).

I understand why they're trying to sweep DoX under the rug. All it did was make the "gray" conflict between the Inhumans and X-Men look hilariously one-sided towards the X-Men, and revealed the reason Scott being Hitler was Emma saving everyone from being gassed to death? Okay...

That story was so fucking goofy, Disney wants to file a restraining order.