Page 131 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 7705

Not going to read 4 or 6 pages of comments lol

#maddie and Scott need a second baby CC make it happen....... R.I.P...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Not going to read 4 or 6 pages of comments lol

#maddie and Scott need a second baby CC make it happen....... R.I.P...
    Turns out rachel was maddie's daughter all along and raised in aa different future so that she can send baby nathan in the future.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    All really good points, but it still would’ve been nice for Marvel to not do the obvious.

Surge or Cannonball, although the ship has probably sailed on both prospects don’t you think?
    Surge or Dani since it was pretty much implied that Cyke was thinking about Dani being the next potential leader for mutantkind in New Mutants. Personally kicked around a Dani-lead Extinction Team-type book in my head, though the roster's kinda hard since we have no idea who'll be on the Uncanny team.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Man you guys have been having fun.

Btw I wanna ask: is Tyke another version of Teen Tony?
    Tyke had a lot of potential before Secret Wars, then he was the one who suffered the worst character assassination out of the whole Hitlerclops push. Plus, every ounce of competence he once had was surgically removed by Bunn.

Blue #36. Not gonna go too in-depth, but:
    spoilers:
    Tyke gets a GREAT moment with his pops and the Starjammers. And if you are a jeanscott shipper, you may like something that happens in the issue. Between this and Extermination, Bunn is far nicer with what's done with him. I'll wait until a spoiler thread to discuss Extermination, though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    Tyke gets a GREAT moment with his pops and the Starjammers. And if you are a jeanscott shipper, you may like something that happens in the issue. Between this and Extermination, Bunn is far nicer with what's done with him. I'll wait until a spoiler thread to discuss Extermination, though.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed! X-men Blue #36 and Extermination #3 had some great Cyclops moments. Since it's very likely these will be the last comics with any such moments for a while, I think it's important to treasure them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I read it in three different languages, it's a dialogue focused on teamwork, not a declaration of love.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Oh? That's curious. Does the dialogue vary a lot based on the language used? I watched a video a week ago about how a lot of context gets lost in translation / outright changed from the JP->NA port of PS1 JRPGs, so I'm curious if that affects comics as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I read it in English and I understood that it referred to teamwork, later I read it in Spanish and the context is the same, then I read it in French and the same.
    I do not believe that the dialogue changes by the language, there are cases in some countries alter the dialogue to adapt it to the form of expression of each country. For example "Cool" in Spanish from Spain they change it to "Guay" and in Latin American Spanish they leave the original expression "Cool" or they change it to "Genial"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, the Spanish translation definitely sounds more like familial or team love, I'll give you that. Even so, this word choice was very poorly thought out - why not refer to them as her former husband and close friend? It just seems like a poorly thought-out choice by Marvel - or a deliberately controversial one.
    I have also read it in 3 languages: Spanish, English and French. I certainly have difficulty translating certain things from one language to another like saying "te quiero" and "te amo" in Spanish which are completely different things but the two are translated as "Je t'aime" and "I love you".

Now, I know that a lot of Jott fans hate this line, other Scemma and Jogan fans love it. but personally I don't see it as a real declaration of romantic love, you have to remember that you can love your mother, brothers or friends but you will not love them in the same way as your wife for example. I saw it that way, Jean loved Logan but only as a friend. Yes, she was attracted to him, but that's not love. you can have several friends you can feel strongly attracted to a person and want it but that is not the same to love, remember that Logan and Scott have very different personalities and Jean really didn't spend so much time with Logan to get to know and love him. I also remember that at some point she told someone that she only saw Logan as a friend. now I don't remember that Comic but if I remember it or find a capture I will put it.

Jean always preferred Scott for much, remember his lines when she proposed to Scott. She told him that she could not imagine living without him, that it was him that she really wanted. she has never said anything like that to Logan. I already said it before but this was actually the excuse that Taylor used to have Gabby and Laura in his book, we all know that he loves Laura.

And going back to the Red annual, in reality almost the whole issue was dedicated to Jean talking to Scott's grave, telling him that she loved him and that she wanted him to be there with her in addition to confronting BlackBolt for killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    While I enjoyed Morrison run immensely.
    I really don’t think Jean would ever pick Logan over Scott.
    She visited Scott grave and wished he would be with her. She didn’t do the same for Logan.
    She also said “I was never yours” to OML .

And during PR ... the Phoenix resurrected Jeans favourite peers to convince her to become the host again.
    She resurrected Cyclops and NOT LOGAN.

So clearly Jean loves Cyclops more.
    I really don't understand how people like to ignore this, it's like those who ignore Jean's having Scott start his relationship with Emma, now those who forget that Jean told OML that she never was hers, that was practically her first comment, making it clear where his place was. also in the same Comic we see Jean wanting to be with Scott. but people just prefer to focus on "the daughters of the two men I love"

BANNED

A question...

Jean Grey (Earth-616) and Scott Summers (Earth-70213)... Have they been involved romantically before?

Anyway, it's clear that some people will continue to ignore the obvious. Never mind all that signs... for decades. So, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    A question...

Jean Grey (Earth-616) and Scott Summers (Earth-70213)... Have they been involved romantically before?

Anyway, it's clear that some people will continue to ignore the obvious. Never mind all that signs... for decades. So, whatever.
    How would they be when he was created after she died?

nvm. Not getting roped in.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 09-26-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Mighty Member

Just a friendly reminder to the crowd that there is a designated thread for Scemma/Jott/Jogan discussion: The Rectangle: Jean/Scott/Emma/Logan Discussion Thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That X-Men Blue #36 cover is a lie. Tyke's remained a cheap and useless copy until the end of X-Men Blue. That gesture doesn't belong to him.
    Also...
    Every time I see an X-Men or an Avenger saying that, I'm usually taken by a uncontrollable laughter.

It's the crowning of hypocrisy and fallacies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How would they be when he was created after she died?
    Just like OML.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed! X-men Blue #36 and Extermination #3 had some great Cyclops moments. Since it's very likely these will be the last comics with any such moments for a while, I think it's important to treasure them.
    Not what i wanted of blue but pickles is my hero for making it happen
    Last edited by bell; 09-26-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    That X-Men Blue #36 cover is a lie. Tyke's remained a cheap and useless copy until the end of X-Men Blue. That gesture doesn't belong to him.
    Also...
    Every time I see an X-Men or an Avenger saying that, I'm usually taken by a uncontrollable laughter.

It's the crowning of hypocrisy and fallacies.
    Surprise, surprise? Let's just be thankful these OCs from BMB are finally leaving. I'll wait until someone posts an abridged version of how Tyke/Jeen developed during Bunn's run. I mean, didn't the last run end with Jeen literally pushing Tyke away? Did the reversal of their drama-- that Tyke will die if he and Jeen get together while Jeen will live-- ever get addressed? Like, that would have been a conversation I'd be interested in reading.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie