Page 493 of 514 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Rachel became fine with it. And allowed Emma to mentor her and counsel her
    If the name change was mission oriented in nature, she would have reverted back later. The fact she didn't clearly infers that it was her preference to remain a Grey. The most compelling on panel evidence for why that might be is her reaction to Scott and Emma's ship as seem in X-Men Unlimited #11. She manifested the PF and trashed the restaurant she and Havok were in when discussing the whole thing. The motivation seems clear.

Years later she was fine with it yes, but you'll note that she retains the Grey name. There's a reason for that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Given that the name change was a protest vote against Scemma, I can see how Rachel should be past it now. I always found the change a little ridiculous though. Scott and Jean were the touchstones for the parents that actually raised her. How does giving up both of their last names honor Jean and dishonor Cyke. I assume her actual mom was Mrs. Summers, just like Jean was.

Rachel was and is an angry and confused kid. If that ever changes, I think she needs to revert back to her real name.

I think a Summers book would be great! I believe you missed a member though. This whole family needs to reconnect and heal, whether Scott and Jean are together or not.
    True. Sorry.

BANNED

If the name change was mission oriented in nature, she would have reverted back later. The fact she didn't clearly infers that it was her preference to remain a Grey. The most compelling on panel evidence for why that might be is her reaction to Scott and Emma's ship as seem in X-Men Unlimited #11. She manifested the PF and trashed the restaurant she and Havok were in when discussing the whole thing. The motivation seems clear.

Years later she was fine with it yes, but you'll note that she retains the Grey name. There's a reason for that.
    Claremont?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    True. Sorry.
    I had a feeling you'd go there.

Fine, if Jean's too cool for the Summers, I'll take Chris. If you forget about all their history, Tyke's interactions with Chris and Hepzibah in Blue (and Tyke's solo) were pretty good. It felt like a bit of a reboot of their relationship and I wish this could be done somehow with Cyke.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 12-22-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Partly I think it was because Jean was dead and Scott was not. After Scott died, the meta-narrative was too much about villainizing him to allow her to change back - and doing so after Marvel tried to sweep the Hitlerclops debacle under the rug would remind people of what they wanted everyone to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Claremont?
    Claremont's issues with Scott are focused on Maddie and this all went down way after Claremont's departure from the flagship books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Partly I think it was because Jean was dead and Scott was not. After Scott died, the meta-narrative was too much about villainizing him to allow her to change back - and doing so after Marvel tried to sweep the Hitlerclops debacle under the rug would remind people of what they wanted everyone to forget.
    There were seven or eight years between the name change and AvX. That seems like more than enough time to change her name back, if Marvel had wanted to, prior to them deciding Scott should be some kind of quasi-villain.

Spectacular Member

True. Sorry.

What issue does this image appear in?

Thanks
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

BANNED

Sorry, I know you don't agree, but I find that motivation very hypocritical, considering everything.
    And in the face of current events, it's totally ironic.

In any case, I'd like to see her retake her father's name.
    Her long drama with Scott in the 1980s was one of my favorites x-stories. At the time, I've waited a long time for their meeting. I've suffered for them.
    I mean, I was just a child, and that had a strong effect on me.

Sorry, I know you don't agree, but I find that motivation very hypocritical, considering everything.
    And in the face of current events, it's totally ironic.

In any case, I'd like to see her retake her father's name.
    Her long drama with Scott in the 1980s was one of my favorites x-stories. At the time, I've waited a long time for their meeting. I've suffered for them.
    I mean, I was just a child, and that had a strong effect on me.
    What makes you think I don't agree? I prefaced this by saying the whole thing was ridiculous. It felt like an angry and confused young adult acting out her grief against an easy target. Of course Scott didn't put up a fight. There was nothing he could do about it and I think he understood exactly why she did it. Besides, Scott's no stranger to bizarre reactions to grief.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    What issue does this image appear in?

Thanks
    Uncanny X-Men #391

There were seven or eight years between the name change and AvX. That seems like more than enough time to change her name back, if Marvel had wanted to, prior to them deciding Scott should be some kind of quasi-villain.
    Jean was dead the whole time - if part of it was (retconned into) honoring the dead parent, there was no reason to change back until Jean returned in some capacity. And by that point....well, everyone was pushing Eeeeevilclops. Editorial stupidity strikes again!

BANNED

Really glad that Scott is back,hopefully he'll continue to lead the mutant race even after Jean will come back or at least be co-leader

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Jean was dead the whole time - if part of it was (retconned into) honoring the dead parent, there was no reason to change back until Jean returned in some capacity. And by that point....well, everyone was pushing Eeeeevilclops. Editorial stupidity strikes again!
    Ok, that's a reasonable theory, especially if we consider that the name change was ultimately about Jean's death as much (if not more) than it was about Emma. It's still a really odd choice. You'd think that she'd have ultimately wanted to find a point of connection with one member of her original family that still existed. Yeah, editorial decisions when it comes to Rachel in particular seem totally random.

BANNED

What makes you think I don't agree? I prefaced this by saying the whole thing was ridiculous. It felt like an angry and confused young adult acting out her grief against an easy target. Of course Scott didn't put up a fight. There was nothing he could do about it and I think he understood exactly why she did it. Besides, Scott's no stranger to bizarre reactions to grief.
    I dunno, I thought that... :/
    well, we agree then.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 12-22-2018 at 01:44 PM.